The best decision I ever made!

In Feb 2014 I decided to do weight loss surgery...

In Feb 2014 I decided to do weight loss surgery took option class with Kaiser in Orange , After completing the 12 step which end up in end of May I was all ready to meet with my surgeon and set up pre op and surgery date of 7/16/2014 . My highest weight was 260 day of surgery 247 & today I am 228.9 a little over 30lb weight loss but I have lost a lot of inches I had no problem with pain, gas & nausea or vomiting and after first week I was told by my surgeon to start puree food for 6 week . It has been a little over 3 weeks but I already feel great and fit into the clothes that I was wearing 2 years ago and I feel great.

A Selfie after 4 weeks !

Dr. Edward C Mun

Dr . Edward C Mun at Kaiser South Bay Medical Center did a great job , my surgery time was at 2pm by 11:00 pm I was already up & walking without any pain.

I think your photos are gorgeous! And it's very inspiring, to fit into clothes from 2 years ago! That must feel pretty darn good!
Luv luv ur story Owji11 any other recommendations pre op
Any chance you have any full-body before & current pics to show us? I love to see the transformation thru the pictures. Thanks
You know...I really never thought about posting them...but I will tonight. Want folks to see what can happen in just 4 months :)
Before surgery I never took a full body shot cuz I did not like to see my self but I went 2 size down lost 38lb and lots of inches . I will make sure to take full body pic from now on .
Thanks!
Thanks!
Owjo11 you are an inspiration to me! I will be sleeved on the 16th of September in NYC. I hope my experience is a smooth as yours! Good luck to you!
Wishing you good luck , hopefully it will be better than mine . Just make sure to follow your surgeons direction
Dixiechic, I thing anything that happens in NYC is bound to great! I've taken holidays three times there, subletting for a month each time, just love it. Next time I go I'll be doing slim and healthy!
Good job!! If you don't mind me asking how much do you pay? :)
I have kaiser and I only paid $500 for surgery .
great glad to see no complications and things going well, helps me to be optimistic in 2 weeks.
Great job, I will be watching your progress. I'm starting the process at around 235# also.
Great job. Keep up the good work.
Thank you I hope I will be able to keep it off for life .
It just gets better and better :)
I hope so I have not lost anything on my 4th week my surgeon's PA told me that I am doing great nothing to worry about .
Owjo11 - Well done and an overall 30 lb loss is a good loss! Thanks for sharing your story, I particularly like the ones that have no pain, gas or nausea, gives me hope for my surgery on October 24. Keep us updated please....
I bought the Gas X strips and as soon as I got into my room I put one in my mouth and used 2 box and never felt any problem with gas after so make sure to buy one and take it with to the hospital .
Owji11 - hoping I can buy them here in Australia!