Wasn't Worth It. I Have to Spend More Money to Correct the Procedure (Using Another Doctor) - Hammond, LA

My first lift was in August 2011. By February...

My first lift was in August 2011. By February 2012, my eyelids were drooping again. Dr. Weiler said he hadn't taken enough of the fat out of the eyelids during the first procedure. He offered to redo the lift at no cost. I had the surgery again in March 2012. Unfortunately, for me, this time he took out too much skin and fat. As a result, my eyelids don't stay completely closed when I sleep which has resulted in extremely dry eyes and having to use artificial tears several times a day because of the pain of the dry eyes. Also, because the skin on my eyelids were pulled too tightly, my eyebrows are being pulled down, resulting in more "hooding" of my eyes. I went to another plastic surgeon last week and was told the damage could not be corrected. This is the price you pay for bein vain.

As an update: The meds I am using seem to be...

As an update: The meds I am using seem to be softening the eyelids and have helped quite a bit. I spoke with my original doctor and must say that I am partly responsible for the extra expenses I have incurred. If I had not been stubborn in not calling him because of hurt feelings, I am sure he could have resolved the issue without any further expense on my part. I am sticking with my new plastic surgeon but have no hard feelings toward the first doctor. He has informed me that I would be welcomed back at any time.

Since I feel I am partly responsible, this will not be updating this matter any further.

The only advice I would give anyone seeking plastic surgery would be to find a doctor that specializes only in the area you are interested in improving and not a general plastic surgeon.

Elaine

Changed my rating for Dr. Weiler
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

See above for rating. I chose Dr. Weiler based on an article I read in our local magazine. Big mistake. I should have investigated further. I don't remember what the amount of the procedure was but had to insert an amount in order to continue and send this review.

What type of meds were you taking to soften the eyelids? I've had too much removed from mine too.
"Work in Progress" seems like she knows the doctor a bit too well, hmmm.
Elaine, I am a patient of Dr.Weiler. My story is long and I'm not ready to tell it, I've not joined real self yet because I'm not ready to display my story or work. I saw your post under his reviews though & feel compelled to ask you to truly think about what you've done here to his reputation by posting such a review. I met him when he was still at LSU so it's been years, I'm financially challenged due to a divorce but he stuck by me until I was ready to move forward with the life changing surgeries I desperately needed. I truly can't say enough about this Dr on so many levels. I brought to him a broken body due to extreme weight loss and he really has been my "miracle". Any time we get surgically altered we are taking the same risk that our Dr is also, we must remember that it's a gamble our PS is not God, they do the best they can with the pallet they are given. The fact that he offered revision for free shows good faith on his part, it's incredibly sad that this post remains on his profile and keeps his status and stars from being flawless on here, people look at "stars" and I believe that by his work on me so far, they should be a 5. I've had 3 major surgeries with him and I'm not perfect yet but with his help and true blue artistry, I'm getting there. As a fellow patient of his, I'm asking you to please take the negative rating down and just tell your story if you feel the need to. It's not only unfair to him but to the rest of us that need a really good plastic surgeon to make life changing alterations to our bodies. He's the one that can do it, your keeping a negative post that has a domino effect, not only to him but to the rest of us. If your a patient of his you know that.... His bedside manner is 5 stars and if it could be more it would be. He is so informative in consultations that he answers questions that you forget to ask. My aftercare follow up was incredible,thorough,and compassionate. Time spent with me was years, trying to help me attain my goals. Phone responsiveness- I freaked out during a hurricane and he texted me, told me what to do and texted back till I was over the anxiety. Staff- I believe he's made the appropriate changes lately. Payment process, couldn't have been easier, also he gave me the necessary discounts to help me get the surgeries. Wait time- sometimes I wait, but its well worth the wait. I can't say that I've ever been to a Dr that is reputable and busy and never had to wait a few minutes, I want him to spend just as much time with all of his patients as he's done with me, it matters to those of us that need him so desperately. Hope my post helps you to realize that's its unfair to tarnish his image, as it was unfair that your procedure was not as successful as you hoped. Each procedure is a risk we take, but with him at the wheel it's a pretty safe risk.
I think this is a bit out of line. She has every right to tell her story and she's not bashing the P.S in any way. She maintains a nuetral position and is just stating the facts. Prospective patients deserve to know her side of the story. The fact remains that she received two unsatisfactory/ botched eyelid surgeries. Every patient has a different experience. Your experience was positive, and perhaps you should share it in your own review if you haven't already.
I agree with Taylorpink. Elaine, you are way out of line.
Whaaaat, Lolita? I don't think those two comments belong in the same post.
So sorry and so glad you caught my error!! I stand corrected! I mistook Elaine for "a work in progress." I FULLY support Elaine's right to share her experience in the manner she did. It is "a work in progress" who was out of line with her reply. I am glad I stumbled across this page again because I did not receive an email notifying me about a response to my post. Elaine, I wish you all the best with your recovery and repair.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, Elaine. Do you think you'll seek another revision or is this it for you?