Wasn't Worth It. I Have to Spend More Money to Correct the Procedure (Using Another Doctor) - Hammond, LA

My first lift was in August 2011. By February...

My first lift was in August 2011. By February 2012, my eyelids were drooping again. Dr. Weiler said he hadn't taken enough of the fat out of the eyelids during the first procedure. He offered to redo the lift at no cost. I had the surgery again in March 2012. Unfortunately, for me, this time he took out too much skin and fat. As a result, my eyelids don't stay completely closed when I sleep which has resulted in extremely dry eyes and having to use artificial tears several times a day because of the pain of the dry eyes. Also, because the skin on my eyelids were pulled too tightly, my eyebrows are being pulled down, resulting in more "hooding" of my eyes. I went to another plastic surgeon last week and was told the damage could not be corrected. This is the price you pay for bein vain.

As an update: The meds I am using seem to be...

As an update: The meds I am using seem to be softening the eyelids and have helped quite a bit. I spoke with my original doctor and must say that I am partly responsible for the extra expenses I have incurred. If I had not been stubborn in not calling him because of hurt feelings, I am sure he could have resolved the issue without any further expense on my part. I am sticking with my new plastic surgeon but have no hard feelings toward the first doctor. He has informed me that I would be welcomed back at any time.

Since I feel I am partly responsible, this will not be updating this matter any further.

The only advice I would give anyone seeking plastic surgery would be to find a doctor that specializes only in the area you are interested in improving and not a general plastic surgeon.

Elaine

Changed my rating for Dr. Weiler
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

See above for rating. I chose Dr. Weiler based on an article I read in our local magazine. Big mistake. I should have investigated further. I don't remember what the amount of the procedure was but had to insert an amount in order to continue and send this review.