Breast Lift (Without Implants) - Halifax, Nova Scotia

I am 22 years old and gave birth to an absolutely...

I am 22 years old and gave birth to an absolutely hilarious little boy 16 months ago. Pre pregnancy I was 120lbs and 5'7 with 32C breasts. I gained a massive amount of weight with my pregnancy, peaking at 192lbs before delivery.

I nursed my son up until about 13 months, although by then most of my milk had dried. My right breast still produced milk up to day of surgery (sept 18/2013)

Unfortunately I didn't take any pre-surgery photos so I'm hoping I can get my hands on a copy of the ones that were taken by the doctor before surgery!

With the weight gain my breasts expanded to a whopping 38E ... And once the weight and milk disappeared I was left with skin. Lots and lots of empty, wrinkly skin.

After obsessive research online and looking at before and after photos I still have yet to see any breasts that look close to the way mine did after their massive expansion and deflation!

I had a consultation on June 23, 2013 where I was told that I would have to have them fixed in two surgeries. The first would be the lift, and the second would be to add implants. The reason they couldn't be done in the same surgery is because there was so much distance that my nipples needed to be moved up that there was a high risk of losing them (especially my right which my son nursed on more frequently = more milk/more sagging).

The total for the mastopexy came to $7,818 and the quote for the augmentation which can't be booked until dec 18th at the earliest is $7,837. After the realization set in that it was going to cost me almost $16,000 to get the girls fixed I stopped even thinking about it for a few months. Never booked an appointment. Although on September 13th I finally called in to book, and the receptionist told me they were booking a month away - but had a cancellation in 5 days! YIKES! So I took the appointment and all of a sudden I was being prepped for surgery!

I went into surgery yesterday afternoon and woke up in a lot of pain. They gave me some strong pain medication (dilodid before surgery and phentynol afterward - no clue how to spell those, so i apologize if im way off) then prescribed me 30 T3s to take home. I was really nervous that the T3s wouldn't be strong enough for the pain but so far so good.

I get to take my tensor bandage off on Saturday night and can shower then. I'm so nervous about seeing what happened under there! I don't want to look... Especially after seeing a lot of the recovery photos on here, more frankenboobs than anything else. But the good news is that even after the frankenboob stage they usually look great!

I'll try and keep you guys posted and as soon as I get some before pictures ill post them, and also will take some once I take the bandages off. YIKES.
Congrats to you! Look forward to seeing pics. BL with NO Implants is next on MY agenda. That
I agree with Marsupial Mom, there aren't many BL stories without implants. That's my goal... good luck to you
Good luck!!!!

4 days PO

I haven't updated since surgery on the 18th, but the first two days home were remarkably pain free. I was pretty sick and groggy from the anesthesia and T3s but the pain was nonexistent. I stopped taking the T3s yesterday morning (day 3) and have been fine since.

I have full (possibly more?) feeling in both nipples already - which is beyond exciting! And everything seems to be looking great! I have perky little boobs again! Yay!

I go in for my first PO appointment October 5th and I'll try to get my paws on a copy of the before photos for you guys but for now here is a picture I took yesterday (day 3) with my nipples covered and again today (day 4) with everything off.

Wow, you look great for only 4 days post op! Congratulations! And I don't even think you need implants...you look great. Looking forward to your pre op photo. Keep us posted and thank you for sharing on RealSelf!

You look great!
You look awesome, will you still get the implants? I am doing the same thing as you, if my lift look anywhere as great as yours, I won't get the implants..lol. Enjoy and fast healing..

6 days since surgery...

Almost at the 1 week mark, I figured I'd post another update. There has been literally no pain, my incision sites are itchy, but I think that's just them healing.

My 16 month old son has been really great in avoiding my fragile new boobs... Yeah right. I've got a few toys tossed to the chest and one midnight tantrum boob-head butt which almost landed him a "free baby to good home" add on Kijiji. ;)

They seem to be coming along well, and I'll just be excited to not worry about them anymore (I'm missing our final beer ball tournament next weekend waaaah)

Anyway, here are a couple pictures I just took post shower

Yay no boobs at my belly button!
You look wonderful! Would also like to see the before pics, I bet the difference is sooo big. In a good way ;-) Happy for you!
You look great!!! Can't wait to see your before pics. Did your size change much? You're so tiny, I imagine there wasn't much excess skin in your boobs?..I want to do just a lift with no implants. I'm fine to lose a little size because I am too big up top now that I have no belly.
I gained a LOT of weight with my pregnancy... A mixture of being used to eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, and depression while pregnant is what caused it. I went from 115lbs at 5'7 to 192 at my last checkup before delivery. The weight came off easily without any real diet or exercise changes. Thank goodness for good genes and having a baby young! I went from a small, perky C cup pre pregnancy to an E when my milk was in! My aerial tripled in side and my breasts looked more like empty ball sacks on a warm day (pardon the vulgarity but that's the only thing I can liken them too). I couldn't wear v neck shirts or anything that showed the slightest bit of cleavage because my skin just folded up in my bra and there was no way to hide it. The skin would also just kind of slip over the edges of my bra, eventually pulling the entire breast out so I was constantly stuffing skin back in my bra. Not fun. Definitely a much needed surgery for myself and nothing short of freeing. A real life changer, that's for sure.

New pics - shirt on no bra

Here are a couple more pictures with a shirt on, the bumpiness around the nipples is just the tape over my incisions ... I haven't been able to do this in so long! It feels amazing :)
Can you feel your nipples? I'm getting mines lifted in January no implants...
These look beautiful. Natural and perky.
Hi easycoastmama, what size of bra were you before your lift?
Nova Scotia Plastic Surgeon