Had my TT,MR on April 9, 2013 - Hagerstown, MD

I was blessed my Dr sent me home with a pain pump...

I was blessed my Dr sent me home with a pain pump for 72 hrs and that has helped out alot. My biggest complaint is 4 drains . Seems like everyone else has only one or two. They are constantly tangled and in the way and Dr told me l will only have one taken out next Mon then one Wed then Fri and Mon. Wow so my goal right now is get all these drains removed and l still have not had a bowel mocememt

I looked at my incision tonight and l was shocked,...

I looked at my incision tonight and l was shocked, l pray as it heals and l look at it later it will look lower. No way it should of been that high:((
would love to see pics - thanks for sharing!
I had 4 drains. Three of them stayed in for about a week. One stayed in gor what seemed like forever! It begame very red and irritated! I had to be put on antibiotics. My original TT surgery was Feb 20th and I had a re-do on April 2nd. I still have a drain in from the re-do!!! Drains, to me, are the worst part of the whole ordeal!!!! LoriMac

Today is day 4 post op of my TT and l removed the...

Today is day 4 post op of my TT and l removed the pain pump today and l can honestly say these 4 drain are causing me more pain than the tummy tuck itself and l still am unable to use the bathroom. Figures tom is a weekend because l would be demanding 2 of these drains to be removed.
Looks good! Congratulations! It will look much better each week that passes. Swelling will last for months. Be patient :-) I'm 4 weeks PO and can't wait to be done with swelling. Keep us posted!
Just curious as to why you needed to have a re-do. Still considering the surgery and trying to get all of the information I can. Thanks.
I agree the drains has been the worse part for me!!

I really am sooo upset with myself that l did not...

I really am sooo upset with myself that l did not push to have my flanks lipo as l see that 90% of everyone else did. I have a tendency to let people talk me out of stuff but l can tell even though its only day 6 that l am going to be OCD about my love handles now and more l think about it l could just kick myself because it makes no sense to have a TT without lipo on your Flanks so guess my dream to wear a bikini this summer isn't going to happen and plus scar goes up to high on the hips:( l am def having an emotional day.
I also had four drains, just got the last one out this weekend. Hang in there, before you know it they'll be a memory!

Give this some time!!  You will have swelling for a while and will not be able to tell anything.  Don't make any decisions just yet..hang on.

Thank You, l think l am in my depressed mood today, hopefully after l go to my post op appt tom l will feel a little better:)

On my way for a po TT app today is day 7 praying...

On my way for a po TT app today is day 7 praying he takes all 4 drains out since they are all under 15 a day. They have caused me sooo much pain and irritation. Kinda scared of the pain to have them removed though plus worried about the stitches coming out
Well I had my TT, MR PO one month as of yesterday. What a difference a month makes. He has released me to be able to go back to the gym and I don't have to go back for a F/U for three months now. I am sooo excited because the gym has been my life for last 5 years losing 120 pounds( I use to weigh 260, 140 now) and keeping it off. I have not weighed myself in 5 weeks, I am kinda scared but I know I have def lost because all my clothes hang off me now, I am sure I lost a lot of muscle as well with stop working out from 4-5 days week to cold turkey. I had also had a foot surgery (hammer toe) 4 days prior of this surgery because I could take of full 6 weeks that way and it has been nice. Honestly through this whole month I did not have a rough time as I was thinking I would, my main issue was the 4 drains however I am glad now because I have had hardly no swelling at all, not sure if it was that or because I was in pretty good shape from working out and eating clean (well most of time) I think having the pain pump the first 3 days really helped, their was 2 days where I had some shortness of breath and was worried about a blood clot but thank goodness that stopped. The only regret as I know I have said a thousand times but sorry my OCD is I wish I would of insisted in him doing lipo on my flanks. Maybe after I work out a few months and focus on it , I will change my mind, however next spring I will reevaluate to see if I should go back and lipo my flanks. About 3 days ago I started wearing the Oleeva silicone strip over scar, my PS was happy to see that, I will let you know if its worth it or not, I think I am going to use it for at least 3 months. I need to finish by saying a HUGE TY to my husband and son they have both been very helpful with this process. I did deal with some depression through this month but we had some huge family disappointments with our oldest so regardless of the surgery I think I would be struggling anyway. If you are reading this and thinking should I or shouldn't I have it done? I would say if you are within 20 pounds of your goal weight and have worked out and still have a hanging belly and loose skin go for it!!!
Your incision looks really good! Nice and straight! Mine is squiglely and not so nice looking. Hope the Oleeva strip helps it disappear. Happy Healing! from Frederick, MD
Thank You so much, I just finally posted all my pics

5 weeks PO TT,MR

Week 6, feeling good!

Loving my new life, hard to believe I weighed 260 5 yrs ago now 145, I did get down to 135 at one point but was very ard to main

Congrats on all the weight loss you should really be proud of yourself and that accomplishment.
You look awesome... ;)
You look amazing! Such great results!

Week 7.5 PO TT MR,

Holy moly! Your body is absolutely fantastic! I love that pic of you in your workout gear! You look great. Great job on the weight loss and lifestyle change. Love it! I went through a (mini) one and love the new me. :)

Finally bought 2 bikinis for the beach:)

S/P TT, MR, tomorrow will be nine weeks, wow where does time go?
Wow! You look so great and congrats on your weight loss. We actually had surgery on the same day. I will be starting the Oleeva strips tomorrow. I hope they are worth it. Best wishes to you!
Thank You and l love those strips and cannot wait to order another one. That's cool how we had same day. I just wish l could of got ny flanks done. I still have skin on sides so had to buy a thicker waist bottom for the sides.
U look awesome....when did u start exercising? How about the swelling?

Almost 3 months PO TT MR On April 9

Love my Oleeva silocone strips

3 months PO Tt MR

3 months TT MR PO

Three Months TT MR PO

You are looking great! What type of exercise are you doing to stay fit while you are recovering? What was it like to start back after the surgery?

Found a bikini ast Victoria Secrets,I am going to wear it this week @ the beach. I have not wore one since I was 18!

You look amazing!
Looking great!
Looking amazing! The new suit looks fabulous!

Wore my first bikini at the beach, been 22 yrs

I'm not doing lipid either. My psych said I didn't need it and that fine with me. Figure I can loose a few pounds on my own. U look great! Thanks for sharing! F
Omg... dang auto correct.. my ps not psych ...
Lol l knew what you meant, thanks:)

My new bikini

Btw are you an RN? I am and I was thinking by some of your posts that you might be too lol
You look gorgeous! May I ask your height and weight preop! I would be more than thrilled with your results but I am 5' 4" and 165. I wish I could get down to 145. I hope its enough to get amazing results. Yours are perfect!
I am 5'6, my weight varies like crazy but I believe I was around 148, now today I am 143, but I am all over the place, I am hoping having the TT AND MR will motivate me not gain a lot because then it was worthless doing all this. Yes I am a nurse too lol.

Four months and a few days PO TT MR April 9, 2013

I went to my OBGYN today for the yeaky yearly, and she said wow I didn't remember you had a TT done how many years has it been? Well when I told her it had only been 4 months ago she was SHOCKED. She said she has NEVER seen a scar look so good at just four months PO, I told her I believe it was a few reasons, num1 was I had an excellent Plastic Surgeon, I ate clean and healthy, took VIT C daily like he recommended me, wore the Oleeva silicone strips for about 8 weeks, and now I rub liquid Vit E twice a day and plus I believe working out helps. I also drink tons of water. I just pray when I have my dermatology apt in 2 weeks it wasn't all done in vain because he showed me a mole in my belly button upon surgery and with my dad dying at age 36 from skin cancer I know they are going to want to biopsy it, because it has changed form and color:( , please keep me in your prayers. I really want that belly button pierced but I wanna wait till I get thru this first.
I looked back a couple of months to see what kind of shape and feeling I would have at 3-4 months since I have a huge event when I will be 3 months out. You are such an inspiration! I have lost 50lbs a couple of times in my life due to life, pregnancy and then a thyroid issue. I have been eating clean for just over a year and felt great before my TT. (I started eating sugar right before, nerves, I guess.) I hope I feel as good as you! I will have to be on my feet for 12 hours a day for 3 days straight! Do you still swell?
You can do it!!! I actually just dropped another 8 pounds im 136 I wish this motivation would keep up.
That is a stunningly good scar. Mine is still red and angry. But I am a redhead with very fair skin so it takes a long time for scars to lighten on me.

Gym Attire

Been motivated last few weeks now down to 136 my goal is 130.
WOW. You look great. You definitely don't need the lipo on flanks .
Ty but l feel like k needed it lol
You look totally amazing!!!!!! My TT is in 2 weeks and I am freaking...I am getting a lift too. You look sooooo great .....it makes me feel better about mine!!

6 months

Well l finally got to do it, l got my belly pierced:) everyone swears l am having a midlife crisis lol. Next spring if my scar is still pretty evident l am going to get my first tattoo like a vine around it:)

10 months PO 10 Months MR TT

wow sooo happy for you!! you look amazing!!! beautiful scar that is nearly gone! wow !! hot momma!
You look great! Think your scar is nice!
Wow! You look amazing!! Your scar is do light! I might need to try those scar strips! I'm 40& will be piercing my BB as soon as I can too! I could never see my bb before so why not show it off! You go girl!

Look at me now!

One year post op, hard tp believe it's been a year. Only regret is not having my flanks done. Scar has healed well, Used Oleeva silocone strips about 8 weeks helped alot.
Can you do flanks now if it really bothers you or would it have an adverse effect on your tt?
I hope so plan on that and a butt lift next spring then I will retire lol
Wow girl! You look AMAZING!!!

PO TT MR

15months
Not wearing one in over 20nyearsnl think l have bought over 20 now haha
I am with you on the flanks. It seemed like too much at the time but now I want it done - we will see if I go through with it. keep us posted if you do
Thank You and l have to say that oleeva silicone strips worked awesome!!
Hagerstown Plastic Surgeon