Had Slim Lipo on Abs 6 Days Ago

I am having a hard time finding reviews on slim...

I am having a hard time finding reviews on slim lipo so I thought that I needed to start. I had slim lipo on my upper/lower abs and a bit of the flank, on 4/8/09 and although there was some pain, it was not unbearable. I was loopy and out of it for the most part but could move when needed to and had an understanding of what was going on. I don't understand when people say that they drove themselves home. My dr would never have allowed that. I couldn't have done it! I'm swollen and sore but no more than expected. I stopped leaking/draining by the next morning. They milked a lot out so it wasn't to bad.

My stomach is fairly hard at this point. I did not expect to be so swollen in my pubic region but I think that's because I just didn't think about that area at all. The incisions are very small 2 in the belly button, one on each side at the waist, can't really see from the front and one at about the pubic bone. I am now in a love hate relationship with my compression garment! Over all, so far, there is nothing happening that I have not expected. My dr was very thorough and told me to do as much research as I could before the surgery. I'm excited to see the results but know that it will be a while. So far so good.

Photo Update

Dr Andy Castillo

He had a very straight forward approach.

Just want to add a different experience to the above. I had slim lip on abdomen, sides and back. I was not conscious during procedure, thankfully. When I woke I was in intense pain and remained so for 2 weeks. I could barely get to the toilet or in/out of bed without wanting to scream. At the same time, there was a large lump - what seemed to be a ball of water - in my right abdomen for which my surgeons prescribed lymphatic drain massage. After 3 weeks of that he finally did an aspiration. All this time I was wearing a compression garment and getting 3x week massages. On check-up all looked good and I went on vacation. Now 10 weeks later the "ball" is back, only very hard. I am unable to complete the mild exercises I was doing prior to vacation.
This has cost more and the after-effects have been nothing like advertised. Back up to normal the next day? Not hardly! And still scared what these hard lumps which seem to be spreading are. After the fact people tell me that oh yeah a whole abdominal region is major.
NOW they tell me.....be careful out there!
i thinks theres doctors in california who do it theres a website smartbreastreduction.com
Hi xcherryx, ive enquired about that as well. it seems there are some surgoens will do it on the breasts but im having trouble finding one in my area (Washington DC). I found a clinic in DC that does it but when i ring they dont answer/its engaged and i've emailed them 3 times and no reply so not sure if its that they're busy (washington wellness institute) or that they're out of business!!! i'll keep trying as I want to get it done that way too. very few seem to want to do it - im looking to reduce volume and less concerned about how perky i am - i just want less of me!! if anyone knows a surgeon who does it, we would all like to know who and where and how much it cost!!
does anyone know if i can do slim lipo on my breasts
Hi everyone! I came across this website as there appear to be so few focussed on slim lipo. I had it done yesterday at 11am in DC. I didnt take the voluntary valium tablet they offer (im not into taking medicine anyway!) and found i was totally 100% fine through the whole process - it was way easier than even the video i watched on YouTube made it look. I didnt suffer any major pain at all - the odd little tweak but was easier than dentist teeth cleaning (that was my benchmark!). It took 3 hours and ihad my abs upper/lower abdomen and flanks done. I was home by midday, lay down for an hour as i was dripping and leaking a lot (which is good news - the more comes out the less stays in!!). I was fine the rest of the evening (i didnt have to take any of the pain medicine they gave me!). I went to bed at 11am and slept like a baby till 6am and was in work at 7am! Today its a little sore but nothing major - the dripping all stopped last night but i did change the bandages this morning - i'm wearing two compression garments (one is the legs/abdomen compression stage 1 and over it another "belt" type compression. I was told I can take that one off in a few days if it feels bulky/uncomfy at work but try keep wearing the other ones for a few weeks! I can already see a change even though i know it will be a few months (roll on summer 2011 i wont have a spare tyre tummy!). The only thing i wasnt sure about was when you can take the bandage under the compression garment off. I read on one site by a surgeon to leave the bandage on until you're sure you're not leaking and not to change them several times a day so i figure I'll change them one a day and see how things are by monday and them i figure i can go wihtout the bandages and stick to the compression!

For those interested in costs, I paid $4,600 - $300 deposit to make the appt and my surgeon let me pay in 2 instalments with no interest fees! I'd been saving up for this but it was great not to have to pay it all off in one month! Hope this info is helpful to others!
Note: I went to bed at 11pm (not 11am!!)

Hah, I think you'd be excused for sleeping that long after surgery. :)

You mentioned the lack of Slim Lipo reviews... would you mind adding to it by writing a review of your own? We'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Slim Lipo is not what i was expecting
I just had my consult on Wednesday and was very impressed. It was a woman doctor and I felt very comfortable and she answered all my questions. I am looking to have slimlipo in February during winter recess. It will be about $4,500 that includes after care. She said you have to give it at least six months for the final result but you will be able to see change right away. I like the idea of minimally invasive and no scaring and of course less down time. I will keep checking how everyone is doing. Good Luck
I'm going for a consult next week for slim lipo. I met with another doc today that specializes in thermage, and she said I won't get the results I'm looking for with thermage. I have 7 year old twins whom I carried for 38 weeks and weighed 7 lbs each. They stretched my body out so bad! I want my tummy back to the way it was. It's either this, or tummy tuck. I'm not looking forward to the recovery of a tummy tuck, but if the results are better, I may just go that route.
I was interested in your post. Which procedure did you end up going with? I have 2 girls. My youngest is 8 now and my pregnancy with her really destroyed my tummy. I am very self conscious about my body now. Before pregnancy I had a great toned body. Now I feel like I have the body of an 80 year old. My belly literally looks like when you blow up a balloon and let all the air out. Disgusting. Any help is appreciated.
im from texas do you know a good slim lipo doctor let me know, thanks

There are a few doctors in Dallas who offer Slim Lipo: Dallas SlimLipo surgeons

Hope this helps!

and i spent 4 grand on my lower lower/upper and sides
hey i had surgery about 4 days ago. I was just wondering if you really had to wear the garment more then a week and why?
Hello so what is the maximum cost i would spent on slimlipo on my abdomen lower and upper abs ?
hi, it takes more time that you think it should! The skin does get tighter. I think it took more than a month for me to feel that I was on my way. Make sure you weat your compression garment! It helps alot. When you stop wearing it 24 hours a day, you will see swelling but it will all calm down. I can't tell you how happy I am that I had it done! Best of luck!
I had slim lipo done Thursday, and it's been 4 days. I'm still very swollen o my lower abs. There is a big difference already on my upper abs though. It's still painful and still have the bruises. I'm kind of worried about the lower abs areaa as it still looks kind of the same especially when I'm sitting down. I hope it's just from the swelling. How long does it ususally take before the swelling goes away? Does the skin really get any tighter? Thanks.
Does anyone know of a good Dr. with reasonable prices for slim lipo in the Dallas Ft. Worth Area?
Where is your surgeon located? your results are awesome. Thank you.
Dr. Castillo (who did rowdymom's slimlipo) is in Mooresville, NC. He did sliplipo on my arms for really bad bat wings. The procedure hurt a little, but nothing that the pain medication didn't take care of. It's been three weeks. I am wearing my compression garment religiously and really like the results so far. People who know I've had the lipo say they can really tell a difference. I just know my arms fit into arm sleeves now! : ) Dr. Castillo is great and very professional. The cost was $3500. My only issue is that there is no follow up at all from the doctor's office. I just may be used to others who've done cosmetic surgery on me in the past. There's usually a follow up phone call to see if you're doing OK. Other than that, really good experience.
I'm surprised you had no follow up. I got a phone call and was also seen in the office within the week or on the week. I can't say enough about Dr Castillo and how much I love the results!
where in NC did you have this done, for this price? Great results!
Hi, I had my slimlipo done at MD Laser Studio in Mooresville. I would do it again in a minute. I love the results!!!
Hi rowdymom! I just met with Dr. Castillo and am planning on having him do my arms. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and your pics! They're really helpful in my decision making.