Had CO2 Micro Fractional Resurfacing This Afternoon

I just had my CO2 resurfacing this afternoon....

I just had my CO2 resurfacing this afternoon. Despite the numbing cream and dental blocks to numb my face, it still was quite uncomfortable at times. It was tolerable but uncomfortable, especially around my eyes.

It's been about 5 hours and my eyes are quite swollen but no pain or discomfort at all. Skin feels tight so I keep applying the Eucerin like instructed. They said to expect more swelling tomorrow but I hope not. Overall not that bad so far. Will post progress.

To G1971: I can't figure out how to send a private message to your question. email me directly at: clwantl@msn.com Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by "dot therapy"? I could see the "dots" after my resurfacing and they faded. I got a package that included botox for the forehead, full face resurfacing and then dermal fillers around my mouth. These procedures were spaced out over the course of several weeks. My total was $2800. I'm very pleased with the results around my eyes. They're not perfect but MUCH improved. The CO2 resurfacing was no picnic during the procedure and at times, painful, especially around the eyes but I had zero discomfort afterwards and during healing.
I am so excited after reading this!!! I know its to years later but I'm going to see Dr. Castillo on Wednesday for consultation for CO2 fractional. I am happy to hear that it worked and you are happy with the results!
Good luck & please keep me posted.
Hi I am 59 and am interested in doing the dot therapy treatment, can some please tell me if this is the one you did? I need a little tightening and my eyes done. Also, the cost and how uncomfortable it is? Thank you I appreciate it. Grace
It's going to be red for weeks but easily covered with makeup. Keep us posted.
I should be able to get makeup on by Tuesday or so. I just had another follow up appointment and they said I could make the switch to moisturizer tomorrow but still use the Aquaphor if needed. The doctors are amazed at how quickly my skin is healing..but I can't wait for the make up milestone so that I can feel human again too!! Its just so red
Good luck! How do you feel about it so far? When will you be able to apply cosmetics? That was the happy day for me when I could put on some makeup. I looked human again.
I had the most aggressive procedure I believe...they did 4 passes if I remember correctly and overheard spots getting the 30 setting and some a 70 setting. They said I withstood the pain pretty well! I went for my follow up yesterday and the doctor said my face looks fantastic and has actually improved so much since the Friday afternoon procedure..today I'm just really red but the swelling is beginning to go down. I have to go back on Thursday but he said to continue the soaks/ointment til then.
I would recommend my doc and I'm 50 yr old female.
Sorry I just got back to see your messages. I'd rate my satisfaction on about a 7 right now. The skin keeps changing. Some days I really love my eyes and the next, not so much. They said this would happen for up to 6 months. I had the skin resurfacing that heals in 4 days. It sounds like you might have gone for the big procedure that will take over a week to heal. Is that right?
Thanks, had it done yesterday..lots of oozing and swelling and just feeling uncomfortable. I worry most about the gauze soaks, that I'm doing them properly, but seems to be going ok so far! And I can't wait til I can completely see again!
I notice it has been over a month since you had this done. Are you please? On a scale 1 to 10 how would you rate this procedure? Do you recommend your DR? Can you tell me their name? Andcan I ask your age?
Good luck to you! It's not a picnic by any means but thankfully its short.
I'm having this done on Friday, I'm feeling much better about it after reading your posts!
Day 4 update Back to work, look great, couldn't be happier. I can't believe that in just 4 short days I look 100 times better and no more crow's feet!! I'm very happy with the results.
Where did you get your laser resurfacing done?
Dr. Castello
Day 3 update The swelling around my eyes finally went down and looks much better. Skin is flaking off like crazy and is still very red. I plan to return to work tomorrow so I will experiment with cosmetics this evening before washing. I sure hope this was worth it.