About to Schedule Fraxel - Guntersville, AL

I have been saving for this procedure and I am...

I have been saving for this procedure and I am going Monday to set it up.. I talked to my surgeon about it, when I was getting my botox a couple of months ago. He said you will love it, that the people that's had it done, don't have to wear base makeup anymore. I have wore foundation since I was a teenager. My skin has improved since I have been using skin medica products. But I would love a even skin tone and wrinkles around my eyes when I smile to be less noticeable . It looks like if you have a great surgeon the results are better . So I am really excited about this . I will take before and after pictures !! Thanks guys!!

Well I got my fraxel scheduled I will have 4...

Well I got my fraxel scheduled I will have 4 treatments , I will have my first one in 2 weeks. So I'm excited to improve my skin tone, and texture .. I will take before and after pics to post .. From beginning to end....

Well I had fraxel 1550 done today. I really...

Well I had fraxel 1550 done today. I really didn't...

Well I had fraxel 1550 done today. I really didn't know what to expect. So I was pretty anxious needless to say..I arrived this morning and remembered that I had forgot to take before pictures , so I took a quick one in the car, lol ,, I had to wait about 15 mins, then they took me back to a room . i had to wash my face, then Amy applied the numbing cream. You have to wait a hour, for the cream to take effect. Then I had to wash my face again to remove the cream. My face was numb almost all over, just a few places that wasn't completely numb. The doctor came in and explained the procedure. Amber, his assistant was awesome she was very reassuring , and calming. She would touch my arm during the procedure and this really helped me get through it.. Also Dr vineyard ask me several times if I was ok , and he explained everything he was doing. Before he did it. The forehead hurt the worst , it felt like shards of glass being blown in your face at high velocity. Thank goodness it only last about 10 mins!!! It was painful, but not intolerable. (My eyes watered through out the procedure, due to the pain, ) I had the eye protection on also. I have a high tolerance for pain though, otherwise i don't think i would have made it! Immediately following the procedure, my face was on fire!! Amber handed me a ice bag and I plopped it on my forehead. My whole face hurt about a hour afterwords, burning and I have swelling, also. It' looks like I have a really bad sunburn.. Right now I am not hurting and I am greatfull for that!! I hAve posted before and a hour or so later.. I will try to post one everyday until I'm healed. Would I do it again ? Yes i would especially if I get the results promised, get rid of wrinkles around eyes and fine wrinkles on my chin. I have 3 more treatments scheduled a month apart.. Well thanks for listening guys!! Oh and the 10 mins was the total time , not just on my forehead..my pictures are posted on the post I posted on about to schedule fraxel, they told me I would have some swelling , and I do , but it's just enough to plump up my face like I'm in my twenties again, wish it would stay !! Lol!!

I have a few pics to post today is the seventh...

I have a few pics to post today is the seventh day, my jaw line is still sensitive, and I still have some swelling in my face.. Also skin is still peeling but thank goodness it's not broke out any more. The pores are smaller and i am liking the results so far. My next one is scheduled for may 17 th.

Fraxel 2nd procedure

Well I received my second procedure today , of fraxel, I was really nervous because I knew the first one hurt really badly, but this one didnt hurt as bad as the first one , I'm red like I have a really bad sun burn, but the first one hurt several hours later, and this one hasn't been bad at all, I have really loved the results so far , my face is fuller, pores are smaller, and wrinkles around my eyes are a lot less noticeable, I am hoping for the same results as the first treatment , will post pics,,

2nd day after second fraxel treatment

Second day still red but Turing bronze,

Second fraxel treatment second day

Finished fraxel treatments

My last fraxel treatment was 2 weeks ago, I had 4 of these treatments, I really love the results , pores smaller, scars gone, tone more even, I used to wear heavy base make up, now just powder , no foundation . I think it has filled my face out some also,, worth it to me,,
Dr. William vineyard

On line,Updated on 14 Apr 2013:Internet

How are you doing?! I thought about getting Fraxel but I ended up doing the Erbium laser and dermapen treatments with Dr. Tuesday Bigelow in Scottsboro! I love the results. Like you, I'd love to do more..eyes, arms, body! LOL! Have you noticed any cons? I read so many reviews on Fraxel and the one thing that scared me was the reviews.
Is 2000 is for 4 sessions, that is really cheap! I paid 1000 for in session
Yes. I paid $2000.00 for 5 treatments. It was 4 treatments for $2000 but the deal was pay for 4 get the 5th one free. I went to a very good place here in Portland OR ....OHSU dermatology. So, very reputable. Maybe you had the Fraxel 'repair' the 'ablative' CO2 type treatment? Did you have a long recovery? Did you have to take care of your skin for several days and a lot of peeling? That CO2 ablative fraxel is a one time treatment and generally cost $1200.00. The one I had Fraxel 'restore' is 4-5 treatments with no real down time...and just slight peeling. The results are better with Fraxel repair.
No, I had the restore , 1927 wave length , it's support to be dual, but being Asian skin they wanted to go easy first. So I really did not get much for my money!!! I wish I can live where you at, so cheap!!
You look great, thanks for the thorough description, it is very helpful for someone still on the fence about Fraxel. Enjoy your beautiful results!
You look beautiful! Live your results!!
Did you have to pay up front for all the procedures or do you pay for each one as you go?
I had to pay for all of it upfront. Wish my doctor had a payment plan! Lol ! I'd love to get my eyes done next, if I had the money prob get everything !!
When I did it I paid as I went. MY deem gave me 5 treatments for 2000.00
That would have been easier for me, I got 4 treatments for that price, still have 1 more to go! How did u like your results jogginsince94?
I think I am pleased with the results. She said I will see improvement for the next 5 months. I think my forehead looks real smooth and a lot of brown spots are gone. Nice texture. Its no miracle. I think I would have to endure more pain and pay big money for real results!
It's hard to tell without some honest no-make up pics
I meant wow!
Who the lines from your nose to your mouth ( ) are almost gone! You look great
You look great. Very refreshed.
Thank you Calvic I really am enjoying the results, I still have 2 more treatments left, I can't believe how much volume the fraxel has given my face.. I have a few places between my eyes I'm hoping will fill out , it's kinda like little craters ... Guess I will see,?????
How long since yr last treatment? Some swelling occurs for month 1 after each. Also, are you pink?
Clarek ,My last treatment was may 17th, I have a little pink on my forehead and cheeks , not to bad,, I have been happy with the results so far,,,
Thanks. :)
If you are having more than one treatment then you arr doing the fraxel non ablative laser. Ablative has a down time of 14 days and one treatment. I just had my 4th fraxel restore treatment yesterday. I have it on my face and hands for sun damage .....sun spots. My hands look great after three treatments so yesterday I did my face and arms. I will do one more treatment in one month. I agree with you about staying out of the sun. I have never worn so much sunscreen!
Hi joggingsince94! Thanks for your response, was your procedure painful ? I thought I was going to die the first treatment!!! The second was painful but not as much,, I would love to have my decollete and arms treated someday,, I do love the results so far, I just hope the other treatments go as smoothly,,, and I went on line and bought the biggest floppy hat with a SPF of 50 ,, I'm sure it's not so sexy looking lol!! But I just don't want to undo what I've had done so far!! Never thought I'd want to be like Snow White, lol I had always been a beach bunny!!
I hope it goes well. Is this ablative columns or just heated columns? Also, the results take a while to really happen ... all the swelling makes it look better at first, too, though. Do let us know what the real results are and how your skin is recovering from the pink. THANKS!
Hi clareK , I had the ablative columns . The hardest thing to me is trying to stay out of the sun, I'm not a sun worshiper by no means, but some activities require being out doors. It's nerve racking trying to only go out when sun is going down or coming up!! I'm still swollen and pink its only been 2 days, I hope it's going to be worth it in the end. I'm just glad it didn't hurt as bad the 2nd time.. Thank you for your comment , did you have it done? And if so how was our results?

Any updates on your healing from the first go round?  Do you still have the swelling, or did it go away?  We'd all love to hear!  Good luck on your upcoming treatment!