Got HP 330cc Saline implants

My surgery will be happening soon and I really...

My surgery will be happening soon and I really cannot wait. I am so excited anxious, happy, honestly, I can't describe. I saw my PS this week and we agreed after reviewing my case that a HP implant will be the best option. I opted for 330cc. Still not sure how it will look on me. Might chance the last minute who knows. I am happy but not a 100% sure. My concern right now is that it will look huge and make me look shorter than I am. Right now my weight is 105 lb, height 5'1" my bra size is 32 AA. Should be 32AAA because there is nothing much left. :-) Anyways, after nursing my 4th child for 13 months, all I have left are my nipples and skin. I actually tried to get my BA 2 years ago but almost 2 1/2 weeks before surgery I found out I was pregnant. It was a big surprise, I was taking my birth control pills and had no symptoms whatsoever. My period was irregular but I thought it was because I was my hormones getting back to normal. Well, needles to say I had to change plans pronto. But now I am ready and looking forward to the new me, the more feminine me. I can't stand looking at myself and seeing nothing anymore, specially after nursing for so long I grew a costumed to my breast bigger. I am so happy I found RealSelf because it help me in so many ways. The reviews are gold to me. They are truly helpful and inspiring. I am even more motivated now than ever. My goal is to document my journey and hopefully be happy with my ending result. We will see. Right now I am in process of getting a mammogram done soon. Yesterday I got my blood work done and filled the prescription for pain during PO. I am now trying to find and affordable sport bra(not sure if I should after after the surgery to purchase one since I don't know how big I would be in the beginning. I aiming of a C cup but with the swelling I am assuming I will be bigger. Not sure. I might be wrong. Any advice ladies? I also not sure when to start taking Arnica pills. It is really effective? GNC has a brand 30x for about $6 but I wasn't sure if was something I should get. I would love some advice on that one as well. Lastly I am concerned about the scar. I am ring for an inframammary incision. I think it will work better for me. I am brazilian and I have issues with scarring, they tend to get darker and sometime bumpy. Any suggestion on a cream to help me with the healing? I know there are many brand out there but I am willing to pay a few more $$ and get something that really works. Arnica gel or silicone gel what is better? I also heard that taking vitamin C is not good, so I just had my last one yesterday. Well I guess that is it for now I will post more pictures along the way. Thank you so much reading and for any advice you can give me as well. Beijinhos everyone :-)

Having my surgery in 2 weeks

I cannot believe it will b hapenning soon. I am so excited, I cannot wait! This past week i got a few things taken care of. Did a pregnancy test, a breast ultra soubd and mammogram. What a relief to find everything is normal. Went ahead and purchased a pair of front openening spirts bra at Wal-Mart. $10. Not bad. I bought size 34c assuming this will be my size with my 330cc Saline implants. Hopefully it work. Tomorrow i want to start taming tge Arnica pills. Not sure if it is effective but i want to try. I also filled my prescriptions. My pain meds are ready. Now it is basically wait for tge big day! Literally Big for me!

Bought the Arnica but not sure

Not sure if this Arnica will work, can anyone give advice on this? I also need to buy the silicone strips. I think the strips will be a better option since I am prone to easily having keloids in my scars. I opted for an inframamary incision. I try buying online but there are so many options that I decided to wait! I really need advice. I don't know which one to get! Anyone has experience using them? I'd appreciate any suggestion you coukd give me. Thanks!

6 days and counting!

Can anyone tell me if I should trust the rice sizers? My doctor uses the imaging which is great but I want to see how it feels. I tried 300cc rice sizer and 330cc and feels like a huge difference. Now i am second guessing my choice of going with 330. Do i really loose about 50cc when the implants are under the muscle? I don't know...need help ladies!

more questions...

I find interesting after seeing the reviews and reading other ladies journey that my doctor never showed implants. I really don't know how silicone gel implants feel like. I also see that many people had several appointments before the surgery. I only had 2 and they were 2 years apart from each other because I found out 2 weeks before surgery I was pregnant with my forth child. I am now second guessing my choice and I don't know if it is too late to make changes. My surgery will be in 5 days. I want a smaller implant and I am considering silicone instead of saline. I have small, to almost no breast tissue and I have been reading doctors comments and suggestions for people with similar condition where the majority suggests silicone. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!

Made my decision!

My ps is really great and I should trust his years of experience. I called my insurance, i researched, i asked tons of questions and also called Allergan-Natrelle. Ultimately the decision is very personal. I'd love to get silicone but it is just not the right time for me. Perhaps in the future when the time to replace these implants I am getting now comes, I will b able to select Silicone. Who knows in 10 years the technology might be even more advanced. Well, Saline it is. I am happy any ways! Can't wait! This a long time dream of mine and I am super excited about it. I filled my prescriptions already and now is counting the days. I am a little in the fence in terms of size not sure if i should do 300 or 330. But this is super easy to address and can be done the day of the surgery. I want to thank the wonderful girls who helped me with their comments. I am so thankful because it truly helps!??

I have boobies!!!!!

I am so happy! I can't believe it actually happened! Yesterday was really hard for me. I was super excited and anxious and as i result i didn't sleep well the night before my surgery. I arrived at the doctor's office with headache i was very nervous! But everyone was so amazing and quickly everything happened. He is amazing! Not so thrilled with the way the look now bit hopefully they will drop. My pain level was 10 and then some. My meds did not work for me. The pressure was toi much. I felt i coudn't breath. Doctor called to check on me and tild us to double to dosage. Helped a bit. I had nausea and pain. Lots ofbpain but din't regret at all! I am so happy! My boobs look awful now bit i am hoping it drop. Sorry i hooe i am making sense i am taking my pills now!

Day 2 and the pain is awful!!!!

I have zero tolerance for pain and this recovery is the worst! I can breath or laugh but back and arms hurts so much and the pressure in my chest feels like i broke a bone! I was advised not to use ice pack but i am very swollen. My ps is great. Love him and would do it all over again but i really was not expecting this much pain! Boobs are very high up in my chest and hard like a rock. I was also advised not to massage. Now to top it all i cannot sleep because the pain is too intense. The great thing is that after this painful phase I will b happy and i can't stop thinking it is all worth it! Love having bobbies and feeling like a woman my age!!

Forgot to add

My doctor allowed to take the surgical bra off from time to time to help with breathing and pain. It does help!

3days post op

Well, i have to admit, I am one of these few people who has ZERO tolerance for pain. This recovery process is very hard for me personally. Thank heavens I have my sweet hubby patiently taking care of me and helping in every-way he can. Also have my best friend who is an amazing support and has been so positive through out the process. The pain sucks big time but i do realize I am very lucky! My doctor is an amazing PS! i know now I couldn't be in better hands. Every penny i spent was worth it and i really recommend him. Now going back to my recovery. I think my boobs look awful! They are so stiff! Omg! there is no shape and they are all the way up to my chin. I hope and pray this condition is temporary. My PS recommended that i walk around around the house but no massages or icing. He allowed me to remove the surgical bra from time to time so I can have some pain relief but I try to put it back as much as I can. I really don't know if there is something wrong with me, this is a long time dream of mine and I wish i could fast forward and enjoy but right now the pain is really taking overI can wait to literally burn all my 30AA padded bras and start this new chapter. Honestly i don't even expect my boobs to be perky at this point all i want t is to be pain free and move on. Feel feminine again, feel a woman my age which i am, by the way,very proud!

9 days post op - feeling blue????

Well, although i am very happy with the fact that i have breasts now my results are making me depressed. My husband thinks is the drugs messing my head and making me more dramatic but I am pretty sure i am upset with these results. I never expected to be perky in fact i love the pear shape look i wouldn't mind if they were down to my knees as long as they had volume and a human kind of look. This now looks like...the uggliest boobs i ever seen! I hate how uggly they are. The pain still bothering but my PS told me to stop taking the heavy drugs and muscle relaxer. I can take tylenol and that is it! I am hoping they will drop. I have to be positive. I don't know if massaging will help or stress the muscle more. Still taking the arnica and I think they helped with the bruising. I get those nasty purple bruises easily and nothing happened around breast or incision. I give credit to the arnica! Growing up in Brazil i remember my grandmother always using arnica on us when we got hurt. She always had herbs for specific things and arnica was one. Anyways, going back boob central, i am also experiencing this morning boob pain. OMG! What is this? I get up and go straight to shower and let the hot water on my chest to relax my pecs. Not sure if this is a wise thing to do but i am open for advise! In fact I need!!! I decided to post the pictures but i have to say i was reluctant to do so because i am really embarrassed but perhaps someone who went through this could see them and give me some perspective. Thanks for reading and enjoy this gorgeous weekend ladies!

18 days post op - Hopeful!

I decided not to post any pictures today since nothing really changed. My boobs are still sitting very high in my chest and they are hard as a rock. I hate them and looking at them make me depressed but I have to say I am so thankful for this site! I have found here a great support system with the wonderful ladies that are going through or went through the same experience. It makes such a difference and is the real deal. Seeing the results on girls that had surgery before me helps with my anxiety. I am more optimistic at this point and I understand that some people naturally heals quicker than others. I NOW accept the fact that I am NOT one of those lucky people. The muscle pain is less intense(thank heavens!!!) although it is still happening. I noticed the muscle spasms are happening less frequently and this is a great sign. My muscle is really, really tight and although my doctor did not recommend,I decided to do some pectoral exercises to relax the muscle. Thanks Jomin for it! My PS is against massaging breasts and I will follow his recommendation it makes sense to me and I want avoid causing them to rupture since I have saline. He didn't say anything in favor or against pectoral exercises so I feel is ok. My scar is healing pretty nice and I have no issues with them. I bought the Mederma cream and the silicone sheets but didn't start using them yet. I know I can start using the cream now but I rather wait until everything they are completely healed. Every now and then I feel itching and a tiny burning sensation on them. I guess is part of the healing process. They are completely dried which is good. I read a lot of reviews and I can only imagine what might be to go shopping for a new bra.It must be so exciting! I can't wait but I am not ready to do that yet with my "frankboobs". I have no idea what my actual size will be. Anyways, I hope this was not a very sad review. It really bothered me that I was giving just sad depressing ones. TRUST me, I wish it was a different case but I also understand it is important to document what I am going through because somebody else might be just starting the same experience and this might help. Things do change I know that! It is a matter of time. Thanks jomin, Tinka, Michele50 for the support and advice!Can't wait to post pictures of my girls when they start changing! Just not there yet! Happy recovery everyone! One more thing! Even tough my results are not here yet I have NO regrets here!:-)

3 wks frankenboobs are here to stay

Well not much has changed and it is frustrating. I can't lie. I wish they would change! I was hesitating to post pictures because i think i look horrible. They are very hard still but i did noticed less tightness in the muscle. I am doing the pectoral exercises everyday. Hope they will help speed the process.

1 month and still odd looking boobs!

Well, today I made the mistake, while shopping at Gap for my kids clothes, to try on a dress.Needless to say it looked horrible. The strange shape of my breast makes the upper part of the dress not flattering at all, in fact you can see something isn't quite right with my boobs. I looked at myself in the mirror and started to cry. I could't control myself. It was awful and the this lady even knocked on the the fitting room to check on me. OMG Soooo Embarrassing!But I don't know... It is hard to explain, I think only people that went through a BA can understand my sadness. My doctor never said this would happen prior to my surgery. I really feel really sad at this point. One month since my surgery and I still look like this. I am wondering if I will need a revision. I guess what is bothering the most is the fact that I spent so much money to have a problem that was hidden before(small breast) now so evident to the point that I am limited to what I can wear. Honestly, I was so excited with the possibility of looking more feminine, more attractive to my hubby. this outcome is certainly a really big ice cold bucket of water on my dream. I thought things would look better at this point and to see these results at 1 month is really upsetting to me. I don't think things will get better anymore. Today was really hard to face reality! I am extremely disappointed.

1 month ugly still - frankenboobs!:-(

Here are some more pictures.

No changes but feeling more optimistic today!

Well I guess this normal. The ups and downs during the recovering. I am waiting for my breast to improve but trying not to think about it much. Taking a break from looking at them on the mirror helps too. I just feel nothing changed when I touch them. Still very hard on top and empty on the bottom, feels like an empty bag almost and when I lift my arms the implants are lifting too. Don't know if this a good or bad sign but I will show my PS on the next visit in two weeks. I also changed my user name to make it easier. My user name was way too long!LOL.Well, this is one more day in my journey to get the dream boobs. Will post pictures in the next few days. Wish a great weekend to everyone!xoxo!

Hard to b happy looking at these results

Wondering everyday if i am crazy and ungrateful for being so unhappy with the way my breast look today. Almost 8 weeks post op. This shape is HORRIBLE. U.G.L.Y! Am crazy? It is so hard accept this is ok...oh well! At least the scars is healing ok. No issues with that! :-(

I am actually 6 weeks and 2 days!

Correction i am almost 7 weeks.

Please boobies go down!

Just got this today! Hopefully it will help!:-)

Some pictures just for fun!

this doctor answered my question and filled me with hope and positive thoughts.

I recently saw my PS and he mentioned that I may need a lift, which made me pretty upset. After all I went through this was the last thing I was expecting to hear. I don't have the money nor the time(with 4 kids and school year just starting). He doesn't think my nipples will change much but he will give me an evaluation in December which it will be about 6 months post op for me. Needless to say this possibility of things looking bad even after my implants sets into place made me sad. I love this site because I posted a question here and a doctor answered making me hopeful. Even if is not the case for me I feel It is important to hear a second opinion, specially the ones that help you be positive in this journey. This is what she wrote and makes a lot of sense to me and i'd like to share with you now.********

Six weeks is not enough time to tell what your final result will be after your augmentation. Your implants will still drop more over the next 4-6 weeks. When this happens it will give the appearance that your nipple is higher on the breast mound. In my experience this is usually 1-2 centimeters. At that time you can decide if you are happy or if you want the nipple even higher. If so then you would need a lift. A crescent mastopexy works well for women who do not have a lot of excess skin but their nipple is too low. This method can safely move the nipple areola complex about 2 cm. There is a risk of causing the areola to change shape along the upper margin where the incision is placed. The lollipop scar would be needed if excess skin were to be removed or the areola were to be moved more than a few centimeters. Try to be patient because it isn't really safe to do anything surgical to your breasts so soon after your augmentation. I agree with your PS that 6 months is a great time to re-evaluate and decide what if anything needs to be done to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Erika Sato, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
Guilford Plastic Surgeon

If I am not mistaking my doctor has about 25 years of experience. He is very confident really and is extremely patient. I haven't done my procedure yet but I found him through a friend of mine who had done her BA with Dr. Price and she also loves him, she showed me her results and she looks GORGEOUS!i

Hi FLM39! It seems like you an I are in similar situations! I had my surgery on 7/1/14 and they still have not dropped. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one going though this and I wanted to let you know that you're not alone! haha. Is the implant stabilizer band helping at all? My doctor hasn't told me to use one yet.
Hello FLM39, I haven't heard from you for quite a while... how's everything? How are you doing?
Hi Jomin! Sorry I have been so busy with kids and school and after school activities. I can't even explain!I don't have much to say. I really don't see any changes. I guess at this point I waiting for a miracle to make them fluff and drop.How are you?Thanks for checking on me!:-)
Hello FLM39, how are things going? Hope you had a great Labor day weekend! Keep us posted with your progress :-)
Hey babes I know the Franken boob stage can be like a curse but as time progresses you will get through it. I'm suffering from the side and high Franken boob because I went 450cc hp silicone under the muscle crease incision with hardly no breast tissue . My skin is still shiny as it stretches and I have been hiding them with a VS sports bra with padding to even out the shape. Things will get so much better just hang in there. Your looking pretty good already. How does the saline indeed feel when you touch them though?
U look great hon seriously x I hope by the six months u and I will look the way we want x my girls haven't changed much x I posted a pick a week after and 10 weeks after and there's change but not a great change x u will be ok x I think u and I need 6 months especially being on the slim side xx magic days to u full of glitter wishes xx hang in there hon try to think positive and it may just as well go that way x I'm being positive now and thinking by 6 months ill be fine xx
Wow! They look great. And I feel you on the dropping part but the swimsuit and top looks fantastic!!! I find trying tops on very good therapy lol because ii can actually wear them easily now. Congrats on the new additions:).
Hey, you look AMAZING in those swimsuits and the black tops! I can see that your implants are still very high though. I hope that they drop and fluff soon!
Hey hon thank u for ur very warm words on my page and now I've checked u out again x honey ur only 4 weeks and like me u have a littl frame x I'm told from the start min of 6 weeks to 6 months to look normal x I'm only 10 weeks now and got m tha to go x I figure mine look great in clothes but ugly naked so I'm not Iooking naked anymore x u will see change hon. They look pretty big and hard still ? When they soften u reckon you'll be right xx mwah glitte hugs glitter kisses xxhave a magic day oh and love the black number at the end xxx
They look really good in that black one piece! Hope that the strap helps to drop them further. Did your doc end up prescribing it or did you decide to just order it? From my experience, I can tell u that it really made a huge difference for me, although, I hated every minute of it...lol. Also what a bummer about the lift! Jeez, he could've said that before, right? Maybe it's best to wait and see how things look 6 months down the line...you may not need it once they settle properly :)
Btw, check out Rxgirl70 review. She was super terrified regarding her breast shape after her BA but was perfectly happy after 6 months. The progression is amazing :)
ichtcurious. How are you? Thanks for your comments here. I am very hopeful things will get better than they are now. As you see in the pictures with clothes and bathing suit they are still high in my chest don't have the natural round look yet. At this point I don't mind if they are not centered as long as they get a little bit higher than they are. My doctor did talk to me about doing a lift at the same time and I reject the advice since he said that it would still look good with just the high profile implant. Would not look perky but it would look ok. So I am hopeful things will still change. We'll see. I believe in miracles. The bandeau was my decision and he ended up agreeing with me. Wasn't a recommendation. Hope everything is well. Enjoy the weekend. Almost forgot, I will check on the profile you had mentioned. I appreciate you thinking of me it was very sweet of you!:-)
Hi Sassyslim! Thanks for checking on me. He said I am still tight and will probably drop more. I might need a lift and I am not really thrilled about that. Hopefully it will not be the case at least for now. I am using the strap now. Trying my best to the positive. I really am! They look ok in certain clothes but feels pretty hard still and still high in my chest and not completely round. Naked they aren't very nice yet. Thanks for checking on me. How are you doing?xox :-)
How did your appointment go?
I saw your pics and immediately thought of Miss wifey Tinka ! Yep, slow blooming gorgeous flower. Are you using a strap?
No I am not but I will see what my PS says tomorrow. Not sure anymore if the wrap does much.We'll see. How are Michelle50. I saw your latest picture and you look amazing congrats on your results!Hot!Hot!Hot!:-)
Thanks Lady ! Let us know what your PS says!
Hi Michele50. He siad I might need a lift. My nipples are low. Although the implants are still high he thinks the result won't be as nice since my nipples are very low. I was not expecting to hear that. I hope some miracle will happen and when they drop the nipples will suddenly lift as well. Well I need to wait. My muscle is very slowly showing some progress but not where I was expecting to be which is still pressing the implants and giving me this awkward snap but I will be a good girl and be patient. I will be evaluated again in December. I will ask santa claus to make things happen and perhaps he will grant me my wish then. They are looking ok on clothes and the bikini top. Well patience, patience and hope. That is my mantra. Now how are you doing? Loving your car and your beautiful results?You are truly looking amazing! Happy for you my dear!Thanks for checking on me again. xoxo, :-)
Hi hon x ur doing well and it's early days for u xx mine went rind and I got happy now nearly 9 weeks post and they look like they did at the start ggggrrrr xxx we have the same shape ATM moment so I'm sure we will pick each other up xx I expected to be dropped and fluffed by now xx but as my wifey said x ur a slow blooming flower x. Glitter bubbles to u xxx here's to us dropping n fluffing now xxx
I'm sorry for taking so long to respond Happywife20. I actually felt safer with saline. I looked at the pros and cons and in my case, for me personally, saline was a better option. One of the reasons that made me lean towards Saline is also the fact that my health insurance does not cover MRI and it was going to be too expensive for me to do one every 2 years. It was a concern to both me and my husband. But I know both are great, Silicone does have the positive factor that feels more like natural breast tissue. But ultimately is your choice and what you feel comfortable with. Good luck! Wish you the best!:-)
Thank you FLM39 I wish you the best too. I think your breasts will look great soon!! :) I seen one woman that looked very similar to yours and it took her like 3 months and then they really started dropping and fluffing. and by 6 months they looked amazing! My husband is still wanting saline for safety.
I meant silicon is a no go but auto correct lol. Also ive breastfed 3 babies still am nursing my 8 month old
I've seen this a lot! Some people take longer than others but give it a few months and they will settle beautifully! What made you decide on saline? I'm considering b.a I'm only 20 so silicone is a book but they scare me anyway. I just do not want rippling!