I got my first tattoo on my wrist when I was 18....

I got my first tattoo on my wrist when I was 18. It didn't turn out that great so after a few years I had it covered up with a new tattoo (which had to be bigger and darker).

Its now been a few more years and I can see my previous tattoo showing through. It really annoys me and being on my wrist it is very visible. I really hate this tattoo now i'm so bored of it and it's not a great design. I've had 2 sessions of laser removal so far and i'm very pleased with the results. Yes its extremely painful, but it will be worth it in the end. Its only a small tattoo but on my tiny wrist it looks big and bold. Hate it! As I only had my second session the other day, its still very blistered and sore. I've uploaded a pic of the tattoo before any laser, and it right now after 2nd session. Any questions, just ask :)

Good for you for opting for removal since you weren't liking the tattoo anymore. Did the person doing the removal say that the area where the coverup was would be more difficult to fade than the rest?

Nope it just might take a few more sessions because there's more ink

Cool, well hopefully it won't be too many more. :)

Forgot to mention: my tattoo is about 5x5cm....

Forgot to mention: my tattoo is about 5x5cm. colours are red, black and green. i pay £50 per session which lasts 10 mins maximum but depends on how many times I ask for a quick breather/break. i really recommend the clinic, its called SK:N. They are very professional, hygienic, safe, and i'm so pleased with the process so far.

Update 04.02.13:-
The blisters have completely gone now. Looks like its healing nicely. Starting to become itchy, as it does!
I will upload a photo when this is completely healed, just before my next session (which will be my 3rd).

Tattoo removal can be a very daunting and frustrating journey. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And if I can do it, you can :-)

Today my wrist looks like its healing really well....

Today my wrist looks like its healing really well. The scabs have almost all come off and its only been just over a week since my treatment. Excited as I see my very faded tattoo beneath. Next session on March 10th :)
Thanks for your review. It looks like you responded very well to your 1st session :)
Thanks. I've had my second session and have my 3rd in a few weeks

I've got my 3rd session this Sunday. Will upload...

I've got my 3rd session this Sunday. Will upload more pics :) wish me luck x
Your fading after your 2nd treatment was what mine looked like after my 6th or 7th! Keep at it!!!
Wow really? Where abouts is your tattoo and what's it of? thanks for your comment :)
Check out my profile. It's a coverup flower tattoo on my hip. I'm 13 treatments in now.

I had my 3rd session yesterday. I take Co-Dydramol...

I had my 3rd session yesterday. I take Co-Dydramol pain killer tablets (prescription only) to help with the pain. I knew they were going to increase the intensity this time so I took 2 tablets instead of just 1. I also used EMLA numbing cream 1 hour before treatment. The nurse turned up the intensity quite a bit, yet I found this session less painful than my last! It must be the extra painkiller I took. Only thing is, Co-Dydramol makes me very drowsy and you can't drive whilst taking it. I've re-dressed it a few times now, and from what I can see, it looks much more faded! This time, the tattoo has not blistered at all, which is great! Blistering is really horrible. I am keeping the tattoo covered whilst at work and keep applying Aloe Vera gel and CU3 Complex cream (intensive tissue repair cream). My next (4th) session is on 20th April. I will upload a new photo of my tattoo when it is fully healed :-)
Nice fading there!I also have a rose tattoo (black, green, red, orange) that I'm removing, I had my 3rd session over a week ago but since the laser machine was turned up more than before it might take longer to heal,it's itchy right now and I'm waiting for the peeling. I'll be definitely following your process and it seems like we have similar schedule for the removals too! How do you feel that the laser is working for the colors in your opinion, do you think the green will be hardest to remove for you? I think the laser is effecting the best for the black, then for the orange and red and least for the green! But my doctor said that it looks good and I might just get full removal for the green too. So nice to hear his opinion because I feel like it might be soo difficult to remove.. My 4th session will be on 13th of April. I'm trying to keep at least 5 weeks apart for the session. Anyway, good luck for ur removal, we can do this!
Hello! That's funny we both have rose tattoos and are on the same session number! I think the black and red are fading about the same at the moment, and the green isn't fading much at all. My original tattoo was very vivid and bright so the fading so far is great! I have to go to a different location to get the green removed, not too far away about an hour but that will only be for a few sessions until the green is totally gone - with the Ruby Laser. Do you have any photos of yours? I would love to see! Where do you go to have yours lasered? And how much do you pay? (If you don't mind me asking). Thanks for your comment, its much appreciated! And yes, we CAN DO THIS!! :-)
I forgot to mention also that my rose is a cover up for a small tattoo as well- it seems like many people here regret the cover up more,while the original picture could've been "tolerable".. :-/ I haven't posted any pictures yet or written a review,I should totally do that later,when I'm ready for it,I feel still very vulnerable and I don't know,it kind of effects me so that I want to hide it all even from the web :S I'm actually European and the place that I go to charges me from 6 session the total of 330 USD (converted it from euros). The only things is that it's not located in my town,so I have to take the train and that adds up to the costs. And for sure I will need more session than that, I'm healing now from the second session in that clinic (did 1 laser session at a different clinic) so I still have 4 sessions left. I think I'll have 2 more lasers before this summer and then 2 at fall time. Then I have the whole winter to laser off the last bits :-) and by next summer 2014,I'll be ink free (at least to the point that a thin layer of makeup will cover everything)! wohoo :-D got to stay positive&hopeful. I'm wondering about the green color though! I have 5 small leaves on my tattoo,I want them gone.. for sure. Maybe I also need to search for clinics with the ruby laser. Only thing is that I don't want to change the clinic,since this one is so cheap,I trust and like to guy who does the lasering! We will see, it's a slow process but so worth it!

So I had my 4th session of laser on my tattoo...

So I had my 4th session of laser on my tattoo yesterday. They turned the laser up to maximum intensity and it HURT. I still use numbing cream on my wrist an hour before the treatment. My nurse said that my results would be much better if I didn't use the numbing cream any more as it thickens the skin (and makes the laser less effective.. So next time I will try it without. My wrist is very sore and it bled quite a bit after the session. I can see some definite fading already which is encouraging! Session number 5 is on 2nd June :-)
Hey Abryant, your progress is looking very encouraging especially to me. I have a large skull and roses half sleeve, black line skull, red roses and surrounding by green leaves. It is a fine tattoo however I've grown away from it as it no longer represents who I am. I notice that you similar colours on a much smaller scale, I have an appointment with Sk:n in Glasgow for a consolation on Monday. What did they advise you on the colours fading etc.?
Hi Christopher! That's great you are going for a consultation at Sk:n. if you no longer love your tattoo its best to remove it if you can as it will make you a much happier person. When I had my consultation I had a small patch test and was well informed about all the risks involved. The nurse said that green is a very stubborn ink to remove but in all cases, laser is the best option with the least risk of scarring. The majority of my tattoo is red which is known to blister a lot - that is definitely true! Black is supposed to be the easiest colour to remove but all results are as individual as the person receiving treatment. I will have to go to another branch of Sk:n to have the green fully removed as they need to use the Ruby laser for that. Good luck with your consultation!
Thanks abryant! I hope you excused the typos! :) I'm also interested to know what type of adjustments to your lifestyle they suggest to make? I'm hoping this process can be done in 20 sittings the art itself is excellent work so required a lot of shading/layering. I'm not naïve about the whole thing & would fully expect greenish 'blemish' here & there. But I understand that if you lived heathily & supported your immune system that could benefit the recovery?

Session 5 - complete!

So I had session number 5 last weekend. My tattoo is healing well and I can see some very good fading! I'm quite excited actually! I booked my next session for August 25th as that gives me 2-3 months to enjoy summer, then I will carry on every 6 weeks. Its now getting too warm to wear long sleeves to cover up my wrist and its just plain uncomfortable when its hot. If anything, the downtime will do the fading process some good! Its funny because I am now on the highest intensity with the laser and my nurse said its going to take much longer to heal, but to be honest its healing faster than ever! Which is fantastic.. I hate the healing process which normally takes a week - 2 weeks. My tattoo is scabbed over and I can see the much-faded tattoo underneath. Its been 5 days since my session and I think it will be fully healed by next week. Very encouraging results. I will post a photo when it's healed. Comments/ questions are welcome :-) Annie x

Still using numbing cream..

I forgot to mention; I am still using numbing cream. I know I should try it without, but i'm just too scared of the pain. I mean, with the numbing cream its pretty damn painful, so without the cream, it would probably be hell. I will try it without numbing cream at some point, I just couldn't do it this time! Fellow laser people will understand :)
I'm currently having laser removal on my wrist on session 11 :-( just seems never ending now starting to get fed up with it just want it gone
Oh wow, what's your tattoo of? And what colours?

Tattoo is fading well, but expect I've still got a long way to go!

It was Arabic writing and I made the mistake of letting some try and do a cover up and it just looked crap, I then went to tattoo shop who tried to tidy it up and I just didn't like it so I basically have 3 tattoo on my wrist, I'm paying £40 a session at my local tattoo shop they do removal.
That's exactly what I did. I had mine covered up, then touched up to look better, and now I'm removing it. Is yours fading well?

Yeah but I can't see it totally being gone, as I don't want anything there now I suppose its at the stage of being able to be light enough to be covered over but still there and I'm worried its scarring :-s what's your email can send you a pic

Oh I see. Why do you worry it's scarring? Does it look like a scar is forming? Are you going to get it covered up or do you just want the skin free from ink? Yes my email is ************.com

Thanks for the pic. You've done so well! Its very very faded and I would keep going if I had your results. I know some people say 'laser might not completely remove it' but I do think if you keep going with the laser treatments it will disappear eventually. I'm only on session 6 (on August 25th) and its slowly but surely fading. I'm not the most patient person but I see it as would I rather have laser sessions for a few years, or have this awful tattoo for the rest of my life. Keep going, you're doing great :-)

Laser session number 6

Today I had laser session 6. I asked the nurse how many more she thought I would need and she said realistically about 4. That's music to my hears, I really thought it would be more like another 10. I was also told that as the ink gets less and less, I will have less effects after treatment. In other words, it should blister as much and it should heal quicker. Its been a few hours since my session and I've already taken off the dressing and its really not too bad! Its not blistered this time and the swelling isn't as bad as it normally is. Pics of healed tattoo will be uploaded in a few weeks :-)

6th session

Hi guys just thought I'd update this. I had my 6th laser session at SK:N about 3 weeks ago and my tattoo is all healed now. I've paid for a package of 4 sessions so I've got another 3 left and then I've decided to try the Picosure laser. I have to travel a bit further and pay quite a lot more for that laser but I've heard it's really effective. My tattoo is definitely fading, but not as much I had hoped by the 6th session. I know I need to be patient but it's taken just under a year to get to session 6 (with 2 months of no laser for summer) and I really want to speed up the process with this new laser.

Not giving up

Just had my 7th session on the weekend. Its healing well and not blistered at all. I see slight fading but it should fade more in the next few weeks. Session 8 is booked for 16th Nov. Then I will have one more after with the same laser (old technology) then I will book my first session at Trueskin in Esher, Surrey, with the new Picosure laser. Photo to follow in a few weeks :-)
I see your booking in a Trueskin. I spoke to them today but ive already booked a package of 8 sessions at sk:n but I think half way through after session number 4 ill try to get a treatment with picosure on areas that are either falling behind or areas that may clear really good with picosure. Then after session number 8 ill do the same. My tattoo is a full sleeve but only treating my forearm. Its red and black mixed with plain black in areas. Look forward to your picosure results :)
I will upload a new pic of my tattoo as it is right now soon. I will be having 2 more sessions at Sk:n then will book my first session at Trueskin with the picosure. I don't think they recommend/use the picosure for red or black ink they say the older lasers are more effective, but as for colours like green, blue, yellow, orange etc picosure is meant to be amazing. As i have green leaves on my rose, the green ink isn't fading much at all but hopefully the picosure will be effective! i will keep you updated with pics :) Picosure is much more expensive; for my whole tattoo it would be £300 a session (ouch!!) but because they don't treat red or black, they will only do the green ink which is only a tiny section... i think that would be £199 instead as that's the cheapest price for picosure at the moment. I bet in a few years it will be so much cheaper. its just because its new technology and in high demand.
Hi. Its the name of the laser they use at my clinic, its made by Cynosure who also make the Picosure laser. Was wondering if all sk:n clinics use the same as I like your results.

Update

This is how far I've come... So far. October 2013

I think your results are amazing! I also have a wrist tattoo I am removing and currently having my treatments at Sk:n in Norwich. I had my 4th session yesterday but to be honest, I hoped to see more fading by now. I am considering trying the picosure at Trueskin in Kent so would be interested in your results! I have only just joined this site so will try to get used to it and then I will post my own progress pics :)
Thank you. I will post pics when it have the Picosure laser done. Good luck with your fading!

8th session this Saturday

Just uploaded pics of my tattoo today just before my 8th session. I took different angles so you can see how each area is fading.

Thanks for the update, good luck on session 8!

Many thanks :) are you going through tattoo removal too?

Session number 8

So I had session number 8 last weekend. I've uploaded a pic - its still quite scabby. It seems to be fading less now. Hopefully the Picosure laser can pick up from the old laser and get rid of this thing once and for all! It's been a long journey and mental patience is KEY for success.
Session number 9 is on December 29th. Then I will be trying out the new Picosure laser for session 10.

Peace & Love x
I hear ya about it slowing down...same here. But is def faded nonetheless! I'm curious to see how the Pico responds...
Hi there, thank you, I can't wait to try the picosure! Even though it will be very expensive... How's your treatment going? what laser is used?
Hey :) I have been using the Medlite C6. So far 8 sessions deep and considered trying the Pico myself b/c I am realizing this end part of the removal journey is a straight up waiting game! I have been averaging 3-4mos waiting in b/w the last few sessions and the next; doc says more fading continues throughout that time and the C6 is pretty brutal to my skin, so it needs all that time to heal w/o scarring. I think I'm going to stick w/ the Medlite tho for the next session...I made it this far ya know, and it's almost gone! But I still have an open mind in this whole thing... I think the Pico will def do damage to the blacks and greens!

Picosure

I've booked my first Picosure laser session with Trueskin in Esher for 1st Feb 2014. It will be a consultation, patch test and my first session all in the one visit. I've been quoted £299 per session for my tattoo. Expensive, but so worth it if it's quicker and more effective!!! :) let's just hope I don't need many.
If you suffer from allergic reaction, keloids, bad scarring they make you wait about a fortnight after patch test but if you react fine and have never suffered from the above before then you can go ahead with the first session. And since you've had previous laser treatment I dont see the issue with the patch test really, the £50 is kept as a rolling deposit or something.
patch test and first session in one does not make any sense. be sure, they are taking their job serious!
that's what i thought to be honest! but they are a good company i've done my research. they said the patch test is different for picosure you only need a tiny bit lasered as a 'patch test' then they see how your skin reacts whilst you are having the consultation then if it looks fine they go ahead with the session. thanks for your concern though!

Dec 2013

9th session with q-switched laser coming up. Then 10th will be with picosure
Hey abryant, I'm heading towards my 2nd treatment with the picosure but due to the price and the cost of traveling I'm thinking about using my local sk:n clinic. I see that's where you've been having your treatment, what kind of laser is it they use? And how often can you get the treatment done? Thnaks
Oh and sorry, your removal is coming along great can't believe how much fading you've had in the colours especially. I think one blast of the picosure Will remove the black and I've heard its good on the green ink too. Keep going!

Just found this photo...

Thanks for showing us the before photos, you have made some progress, how do you feel about your fading so far? I am excited for you to try the Picosure, can't wait to see how much of an impact it makes. I am really starting to think I need to cough up the money and time and take the 4 or 5 hour drive to the US and try it out.

Hey I would recommend using sk:n as it's cheaper and closer but it's obviously not as good as picosure so you'll need more sessions. They used the ng:YAG Q-switched laser on my tattoo. They are good and you can buy the sessions in bulk packages from 4, 6, 8 and saving you money by doing so. As picosure wasn't around when I first started removing my tattoo I had the old lasers to go to. Now picosure has landed in the UK I am excited to see if it can clearly tattoo completely and finish off my laser sessions. Good luck with yours!

Session #9

So I had my last session at SK:N on Sunday. My tattoo blistered a bit and it also bled this time. I think it's healing well. Looking back on 2013 I spent the whole year going through this removal process and I still have more to come. It's been difficult mentally and very painful. I could've easily given up on this, but I am so determined to get this off me. Some days I've felt so down about it. Looking down at my wrist and thinking "why did I do this to myself?!" and feeling such despair. I have to stay positive, I've come a long way and if this is how far I've come in a year, it's exciting to think that by next Christmas, this tattoo should be GONE. I've found it so reassuring coming on here and reading other people's stories and views it's really helped me. I'm glad I'm not alone :-)

Anyway, I've got my first session of Picosure on 1st Feb which I'm actually looking forward to. I want to see what all the fuss is about. I have high hopes for the green and black ink, but not so much the red. Luckily, the red is the largest part of my tattoo which means once the green and black have gone, I can go back to the old lasers to finish off the red (the old lasers are much cheaper!).

Photos to follow :-)

xx

Photo

Here is my tattoo right now- 3 days after session 9.
There are scabs forming and it is blistered but I think when that all heals/falls off, the tattoo will be very faded underneath... From what I can see already!

Thanks for the udpate!! Do you know what level your laser is set at?

It was on the maximum level since my 4th session :)

Feeling positive

I'm seeing great results with my fading. I can't wait for the scabs to heal/fall off so I can take a photo! The red looks so much lighter and some of the black is almost gone! Exciting!

Photo update

Still not healed and still very scabby, but i just thought i'd show my progress.
Looking great! I would say the Picosure will do wonders on the green. My Dr. Hit part of mine that was green, and it faded it a lot! It hasn't done as well on the black though, but it's def coming along. Update a pic when you are healed! Congrats!
The red does look really faint I am considering my local skin clinic for my coloured tattoo also, im getting picosure but it isn't very effective on red inks

Does anyone else find this.....

So after I have a laser session on my tattoo, it scabs and everything as normal. Then when it starts to heal, the tattoo looks very light and faded, but when it heals completely the colour seems to come back.... It's hard to explain but was wondering if anyone else has experienced that?

Photo update

19 days after session #9

First Picosure session on 1st Feb

I really am hoping for miracles now. My tattoo seems to have completely stopped responding to q-switched lasers . I hope so badly I wont need any more than 2 picosure sessions. They are so expensive! £300 every six weeks is just soul destoying! I'm just glad it's a relatively small tattoo, I feel so bad for people removing large tattoos. Still, at least we have the choice of removal! I bet in a few years laser tattoo removal will be so cheap. Man, this process is long :-(
Hey, Just wanted to say good luck with the picosure, I had my first treatment yesterday at Trueskin in Bluewater and I have noticed a difference in fading already!
Also, you mentioned your treatments are £299, the same as me. Have you been told about the picoplan they do? If you pay £299 upfront for your first treatment you can pay for the next 3 treatments spread over a year (£75 a month) and then you get 4 treatments free if your tattoo is still visible :)
Hi many thanks for your comments :) yes I've heard about the picoplan and i will ask about that when I go. Have you had any laser sessions before the picosure?

Picosure

If anyone who's had picosure laser sessions on their tattoo, I'd love to hear what you think about the pain, effectiveness, cost etc.

I feel I have such high hopes and expectations for this new laser as it's very expensive and raved about. I really hope it lives up to its name! Updates to follow after my first session on 1st feb :)
Good luck with your first Picosure session tomorrow :)
I'm having treatments done with the Pico. On colors like blue and green, it's amazing. Black is good, but comparable with a regular q switched. The cost is double to triple the amount of regular sessions. My tattoo is very large though. For the one your size, I'm sure it would be less. I pay $800 per treatment. The pain is about the same to me. I don't do numbing or anything though. I just have the chiller machine used. It's still very painful in my opinion. I feel that it may reduce the overall number of treatments, but I don't feel it will cut them in half. I've only had two Pico treatments, and have seen good fading, but not drastic fading. Hope this helps. Good luck! :)
Hi, yes like you I was having treatments at Sk:n but at the Norwich clinic. I had 5 treatments in total on my wrist but just wasn't happy with how quickly it was fading. The Picosure was my 6th treatment on Friday. I have blue and a little green in my tattoo and when I changed my dressing 24 hours after treatment I noticed both colours were nearly completely gone! I have pink in my tattoo too though so it will be trickier to remove, similar to your red, but still optimistic. Check out my review :)

My first Picosure session

So I had my first Picosure session yesterday at Trueskin in Esher.
The clinic was lovely and the staff were very friendly. I had a lady called Edita for my consultation and session. She was so enthusiastic and helpful.
We had an in depth chat about the Picosure laser and she talked me through everything. She said most clients say the pain is much worse than q-switched lasers, which I agree with. It's a slightly different kind of pain, but definitely worse. Edita couldn't believe I'd had 9 previous laser sessions and she was optimistic that Picosure would produce much better results. She told me not to take my co-dydramol painkillers and not to use numbing cream; apparently if I had came in with the numbing cream on or had taken painkillers she wouldn't have been able to carrying out the session; it's against their policy for the client to use these when undergoing Picosure laser treatment. So I'm glad I didn't put anything on before I went in! As I'd never felt the true pain of a laser without numbing or painkillers, I was so nervous as I didn't know what to expect, plus the fact it's a new laser. Edita carried out a patch test on my tattoo on 3 areas of each colour. She saw I didn't have any pin point bleeding or any strange reactions so she proceeded to laser the entire tattoo. It was over within a few minutes. Much quicker than the q-switched laser. I was pleased to see the green reacted very well and turned a pale yellow colour. I was talked through the payment options and as I will probably need at least 4 Picosure sessions (let's be realistic), I decided to go for the picoplan. The picoplan is a payment plan that pretty much guarantees removal within a year. Each session costs £299 for me so I paid that for my first session and from now on I will pay £75 a month for a year for 3 more treatments every 6 weeks. If the tattoo is still visible, they will give me another 4 sessions free of charge. I think if it's still not removed then they keep treating it until it's gone. This basically means for a total of £1200 (including full payment for my first session) my tattoo is treated until it's fully removed. So this works out the best plan of action with regards to cost. I will upload a photo of my tattoo right now which is swollen and has tiny blisters. I am told I will see some good fading in about 4-6 weeks. So far so good I think! Just a little side note; I started having laser sessions on my tattoo about 14 months ago. And Picosure could take another year.
Glad to hear it went well! I hope you see great results, and quickly too. You've been dealing with this for a long time, you deserve to catch a break!

Photos

I go to trueskin in bluewater and they recommended EMLA numbing cream, surprised the same clinic in esher didn't recommend it? I didn't feel a thing when I used it on my 1st go, I forgot it on my second I nearly hit the roof! It looks much better with the picosure :)
And as my red/pink colour is similar to yours they've also suggested I try revlite laser on that patch available at both trueskin clinics if it doesn't react as hoped with picosure. So dont get disheartened like I did if the magenta colour doesn't react as well its covered with the picoplan.
Wow that looks way better after the pico treatment. Have fun over the next 2 months and be sure to take a picture in a month or so!!!

Tattoo 4 days after picosure

I swear I will never get rid of this damn thing....
It's really strange because I asked about the revlite laser and they said they don't use it on tattoos anymore they only offer picosure
That is odd, they never mentioned it on my 1st go but im not overly impressed with how my pink ink reacted so they suggested maybes using revlite as they had it at both trueskin clinics, they might not offer it straight away and only in cases where the picosure isn't working too well.
doesn't make any sense at all. did they use it before the picosure??

Unsure about pico

So I'm pretty sure my tattoo has not changed one bit after the picosure treatment. I thought the green was a bit faded but now it's healed the colour is still as vibrant as it always was. I'm booking in my next picosure session because I can't give up on removing this. I'm just feeling very disappointed that the expensive Picosure is producing worse results than the cheap q-switched laser.

Black ink

Also, the black ink has not budged one bit from picosure, how depressing!
In their terms and conditions red is the only colour that Trueskin don't guarantee to be gone and is excluded from the picoplan , but thats not saying it'll do nothing for you. And I wouldn't worry too much about having no blisters, picosure uses shockwaves to shatter pigment unlike a Q Switch which uses heat which explains more blisters from a Q switch. Found a page with doctors answers about blistering... http://www.realself.com/question/laser-tattoo-removal-aftermath
Hi. I just read your post from the 2nd Feb. Sounds like the lady told you about the picoplan even tho it doesn't include red which to me she should of and is uncalled for. On their site its buy 4 ( the way you have by spreading the cost ) and get 4 free, all to be taken within 12 months. If its still visible after the 8 its 4 more free. To me 8 does sound promising even on red as your tattoo has faded lots, but It makes me wonder how they can guarantee a tattoo to be gone within a year with 8 treatments or less but if it hasn't gone they'll give you 4 more over another 6 months, so doesn't that void any guarantee ??? With clinics in Lancashire and London now having Picosure its a fight for customers.
Hi sorry to butt in iv been watching body shock tattoo series also and have even been thinking would it be worth my while travelling to London every 8 wks to get a better result there's no picosure laser here in Ireland Iv a lot of red in my tattoo though !

Tattoo pic

Still healing but thought id upload another pic... I can't see any fading from picosure, does anyone think it's not fading?
Thank you for the update, I see clearing of the ink forsure - the red is really breaking up. Based on your side by sides you have come a very long way - hang in there!
Hey, I grabbed a couple of your photos and did a side by side comparison for you... http://s11.postimg.org/dx0q7j2tv/image.jpg Hope that works. The first one was taken from your update back in June last year (5 treatments I think) and the second is your most recent (10 treatments I think). As you can see, there's been some fading in the pink, but not so much in the black or green. It's been mentioned before, but the wrist is notoriously difficult for removal owing to it being a distal extremity (further from the heart, reduced blood flow). This, coupled with the fact you've got colours, is likely what's making it tricky. I really would press them with regards to the RevLite at your next treatment. It's a really good laser (according to the spec on the Cynosure website) and it has 4 different wavelengths with a high power output to tackle those colours. If I'm honest I don't think you were getting treated with high enough power at sk:in.
Wow--great points, Wilks! That side-by-side comparison really shows the fading in the pink!

Update on first Picosure session

So my tattoo's pretty much healed now and I really don't see any further fading. I've signed up for the Picoplan so it's £75 for the next 12 months until this thing is gone. I was looking at my photos on here and realised I should really take them in natural day light so they're all consistent. I'll do that from now on. I'm starting to lose hope in this whole thing. I can't believe how bold and dark my tattoo still is, it's depressing, after all the sessions I've had and all the money spent and I still have a very visible tattoo. Well, here's hoping they turn the laser up for Picosure number 2. I don't care how much it hurts; I just want it gone. Next session is booked for 15th March.
Good luck on your next session - fingers crossed for you that you get some great fading!!
Its odd that we both feel we haven't seen ANY fading after our first picosure session. Like you, I feel quite depressed about it. I expected something amazing with the picosure to be honest after everything I had read and heard. It has been almost 4 weeks since my treatment and I have noticed no change whatsoever. I didn't even scab or anything after treatment like you did. It was literally just a bit swollen for a couple of days. I have brought my next session forward from 15th March to the 8th March and I am going to ask they turn the laser up. I am not happy with paying £299 a session with no results.
Try £499 on a student loan if I wasnt depressed before I am now! No I have started seeing results just like all lasers its slow progress. Not as slow with picosure but definitely a lot slower than I hoped!

Still no change

Really disappointed with first Picosure treatment. I see no fading whatsoever!
They must be testing the power settings on you. If you've got 7 more treatments in store on the picoplan im sure the laser will be cranked up to some serious power before you hit half way, then its bye bye green & black then all will be focused on that red.
I asked about the settings and I was told it wouldn't be changed at all throughout my sessions as there is only one setting. The lady who does my treatment is foreign and has a strong accent so maybe I misunderstood her. I hope so anyway!
Looking at the picture you posted before any picosure treatment and the one you posted today it looks a lot fainter, its no miracle treatment unfortunately. Could just be the camera though if you don't feel there's any difference, I've given up looking at mine just makes me depressed, its almost a blessing its so expensive as it means I cant afford a holiday this year so wont have to get my legs out very often! :(

Picosure Laser Settings

The lady who did my first picosure session told me that there is only one setting on the picosure laser. So it won't increase at all. Does it really only have one setting?! If you're having picosure, i'd really like to hear what you think or what you've been told. As I really can't believe they would only have one setting.. which so far has done nothing to my tattoo!
I have had 3 pico sure treatments at Trueskin in Esher now. I didn't notice much fading after the first treatment either, but hang in there. I feel the second treatment I had produced the best results so far , but I am hoping I only need 1 possibly 2 more for it to go completely. They definitely can alter the settings. They advised me they started me off on a low setting to ensure there were no adverse reactions to my medication that i take. There weren't so they increased it the next time when I noticed a big difference. the lady I am seeing is also treating her mum and she has also had 3 treatments now. i met her mum the first time I went there and her tattoo has virtually disappeared completely. My only concern is because I have slightly olive toned skin, I think there may be some loss of the natural pigment in the area I have had treated. I used some Fakebake at the weekend though and this seemed to cover over the difference in skin tone pretty well. It is definitely a big improvement on having the tattoo on my arm.
Hi there :) I am also taking medication which they had to check it was ok first, and they said it should be fine. I've not had any strange reactions or anything so hopefully they'll increase the power for my second session. I have heard that people with dark skin can suffer from loss of pigment, but if you take proper care of your tattoo once treated it should be fine. Pigment can come back in time so if it does look strange I'm sure after a year or so your natural pigment will come back. I'm pretty lucky in that respect, I have very pale white skin so there's not a lot of pigment to lose lol!
And I am glad to hear they can alter the settings!

Other companies using our photos

I had someone message me on here to let me know that they found my tattoo pictures on a laser website using it as their own. Is there anything I can do about this?! I'm a bit annoyed I wasn't even asked.

I noticed that as well! I was extremely annoyed when I goggled "picosure removal", looked at images for that search and found my pictures along many other reviewers on RealSelf.
*googled. Also sorry, I thought you were just talking about searching for images on google.
That worries me, they obviously don't have any success pictures themselves if they're resorting to copying pictures from here which probably are from lasers not even offered at their clinic! Very misleading. Must admit the one thing putting me off picosure at trueskin was the fact the website only offered cynosure pictures which are in my opinion unrealistic.

Update

So my 2nd picosure session is next weekend. Here's a pic of my tattoo right now 5 weeks after my first picosure treatment.

Picosure #2 (11th laser session)

So I had my second picosure session yesterday which is my 11th laser session included the q-switched laser sessions. The lady put the machine on maximum setting as I had not great results from the first session. It hurt much more (as expected) but I had my lovely sister there to hold my hand. It's still very swollen but here's a pic of it right now. Updates to follow :-)
Hey, Are you sure she turned it right up to the maximum setting? I had my second picosure treatment last weekend and it looked a lot different afterwards to how yours looks. The skin was really red where the laser had been and its still not fully healed. Do you know what setting they used? My first was set at 2.9 and my second 2.8. (I believe 5 is the lowest setting and 1 the strongest)
Hey she said it was on the maximum setting but I didn't ask what number that was. It could be because I've had so many q-switched sessions that I don't have a huge amount of ink left to remove so it doesn't react as much. It's really blistered right now and is painful to touch. I think everyone just reacts differently. I will ask her what number setting she used when I go for my next session

2nd Picosure

I went to Center Parcs over the weekend and my tattoo was quite blistered. I went in the spa sauna rooms and swimming pools and my tattoo was fine it didn't hurt or anything. The blisters have now popped and it's all healing well. I do see some fading which is good news. Next session on 26th April :-)

Side by side photo

Definite fading in those pesky leaves! Also, cool to see the red/pink looking a lot less vivid! That black looks like a stubborn little bugger though! Keep at it.
Thanks I will do! It's still scabby so when it's healed I'll take another pic and hopefully it will have faded even more :)

Picosure

I've only got 20 days until my 3rd picosure session (12th laser session in total) and I really think I still have a very long way to go. My laser technician said she thought4 picosure sessions will clear my tattoo completely, but I really don't see that happening. Anyway, I knew it was going to be a long journey so I never had my hopes too high. Next session on 26th April.
Thanks for the update, I did some research for you and found an FAQ that speaks to red ink removal:
DOES PICOSURE GET RID OF RED INK?
PICOSURE LASER FOR QUICKER TATTOO REMOVAL?

I have found that in the later sessions of removal (post treatments 5 or more depending on results), waiting at least 3 months b/w treatments will heed the best results as you have to allow yr body time to oull away the ink. Best of luck in yr upcoming treatment :)
*pull

Update

Just thought I'd upload a new pic of my tattoo to show it's progress.
Great fading looks really faded have my second treatment in few days mine has similar colours dreading the pain as it's so large !!
Thanks, hope it's not too painful! Must be very tender on your stomach! I've got my next session this Saturday
Looks like you got some great fading from this last treatment! Are you feeling a bit more hopeful with this one?

Picosure #3

Just had my 3rd picosure session and the lady said this time it was turned about a bit more (despite her telling me it was on maximum setting last time.. Hmm) but it definitely hurt more. Luckily it doesn't take long to laser - around 3 mins. Pics to follow soon. Just uploaded a side by side pic of before any treatment and after 2nd picosure.
Great fading :) Fingers crossed you get a lot more these next few weeks!

Is this normal?

After my tattoo is lasered, it goes darker until its fully healed.
Does anyone else experience this?
Yea, I noticed my tattoo gets darker after the blisters fade away. Then once the skin heals its back to the lighter hue.
I have had 8 treatments and my tattoo always gets darker for a month afterward.
Yep, that's normal, happened to me as well.

2 weeks after 3rd picosure

It's now been 2 weeks since I had my 3rd picosure session (12th laser session in total). I don't see any further fading if I'm honest. I'm going to leave it another few weeks then take another pic. Next session is in July.

Quick pic update

I have a red rose and green letters on my inside wrist as well. I've done 17 sessions on the old laser q-switched laser. I have three more to go and I'll start the picosure. keep your resolve!
Hi Redrover, I would love for you to share a review on the site, how has the q-switch worked so far?
Hi , I posted a little while ago about my wrist tattoo that I was getting lasered had 10 session and kinda lost the importantness of getting it done on time so I had a break for over 6 months. Also I was worried it was starting to scar. I was paying £40 a session I found somewhere else that would do it for £20 so yesterday I went and had it done. It hurt as much as it used to and there was swelling directly after but today nothing no blisters skin is just like normal? Where as before at other place I would have blisters all over. I defo know it was done on 700 setting I just don't know if I should go back to old place ? Part of me is considering looking into exercision but not sure how that works on the wrist.

Tattoo updated pics

Looking great, let us know how your session in July goes.
So this is 5 weeks post treatment? Looks like the green and black have faded a bit, and you should expect more in the next few weeks. I have found that waiting longer, 8-10 weeks, between treatments yields more fading.
Yeah 5 weeks! My next session is on 5th July which will be a 10 week gap so hopefully it will continue to fade more

4th poco sure session

So on 5th July I had my 4th picosure session (13th laser session in total). I didn't blister or swell that much and i was already healed after about 2 days. I've not noticed any fading at all after this session. I know it's early days but I see no difference now to before my 4th session! Anyway, I'm still going through this nearly 2 years down the line and my tattoo is still here. I hate it so much. I've got until march 2014 to keep paying £75 per month for this. Then if it's still not gone they carry on treatments. Let's hope I see some fading, eh!
I'm really interested to see how the laser remove red ink because I have some areas with red ink that I want removed that I might do excision for. Please keep posting and sending updates. Thanks for sharing your story.
Yay another session completed!! You're doing great!!!
Hang in there! You have come such a long way!

14th laser session in December

I'm going on holiday to Turkey next month so I cancelled my September laser session so I didn't have to worry about it too much on holiday. I've had lots of comments from friends/family saying it's looking really faded, but I still think it's not doing that great. I think it's because I see it every day on my wrist and I don't notice the fading. I booked my next season for December so going to have a few months laser free. I'm sure the break will only do it good!

Another pic

Oh yeah my tattoo is all black and I'm getting treatments every 8 week's with a candela Alex trivantage (qswitched ndyag) my lady has been treating me at the 755 wavelength. I've seen decent fading so far but I'm only 4 days out from laser treatment 4. Hoping to see some results like yours!
It looks like it's fading still. I know it's frustrating! Hang in there, soon it'll be a memory. I haven't had a picosure treatment but I have noticed my tattoo scabs make my tattoo look darker until it totally heals and looks faded. I freaked out the first time and thought the laser somehow made my black ink blacker. Lol I hope you get the results you want soon!

Pic update

Can't tell if it's faded any more?!
It's very light, hard to tell from August to now how much more it has faded as the lighting in the photo looks different, but it looks great!