I got my first tattoo on my wrist when I was 18....

I got my first tattoo on my wrist when I was 18. It didn't turn out that great so after a few years I had it covered up with a new tattoo (which had to be bigger and darker).

Its now been a few more years and I can see my previous tattoo showing through. It really annoys me and being on my wrist it is very visible. I really hate this tattoo now i'm so bored of it and it's not a great design. I've had 2 sessions of laser removal so far and i'm very pleased with the results. Yes its extremely painful, but it will be worth it in the end. Its only a small tattoo but on my tiny wrist it looks big and bold. Hate it! As I only had my second session the other day, its still very blistered and sore. I've uploaded a pic of the tattoo before any laser, and it right now after 2nd session. Any questions, just ask :)

Forgot to mention: my tattoo is about 5x5cm....

Forgot to mention: my tattoo is about 5x5cm. colours are red, black and green. i pay £50 per session which lasts 10 mins maximum but depends on how many times I ask for a quick breather/break. i really recommend the clinic, its called SK:N. They are very professional, hygienic, safe, and i'm so pleased with the process so far.

Update 04.02.13:-
The blisters have completely gone now. Looks like its healing nicely. Starting to become itchy, as it does!
I will upload a photo when this is completely healed, just before my next session (which will be my 3rd).

Tattoo removal can be a very daunting and frustrating journey. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And if I can do it, you can :-)

Today my wrist looks like its healing really well....

Today my wrist looks like its healing really well. The scabs have almost all come off and its only been just over a week since my treatment. Excited as I see my very faded tattoo beneath. Next session on March 10th :)

I've got my 3rd session this Sunday. Will upload...

I've got my 3rd session this Sunday. Will upload more pics :) wish me luck x

I had my 3rd session yesterday. I take Co-Dydramol...

I had my 3rd session yesterday. I take Co-Dydramol pain killer tablets (prescription only) to help with the pain. I knew they were going to increase the intensity this time so I took 2 tablets instead of just 1. I also used EMLA numbing cream 1 hour before treatment. The nurse turned up the intensity quite a bit, yet I found this session less painful than my last! It must be the extra painkiller I took. Only thing is, Co-Dydramol makes me very drowsy and you can't drive whilst taking it. I've re-dressed it a few times now, and from what I can see, it looks much more faded! This time, the tattoo has not blistered at all, which is great! Blistering is really horrible. I am keeping the tattoo covered whilst at work and keep applying Aloe Vera gel and CU3 Complex cream (intensive tissue repair cream). My next (4th) session is on 20th April. I will upload a new photo of my tattoo when it is fully healed :-)

So I had my 4th session of laser on my tattoo...

So I had my 4th session of laser on my tattoo yesterday. They turned the laser up to maximum intensity and it HURT. I still use numbing cream on my wrist an hour before the treatment. My nurse said that my results would be much better if I didn't use the numbing cream any more as it thickens the skin (and makes the laser less effective.. So next time I will try it without. My wrist is very sore and it bled quite a bit after the session. I can see some definite fading already which is encouraging! Session number 5 is on 2nd June :-)

Session 5 - complete!

So I had session number 5 last weekend. My tattoo is healing well and I can see some very good fading! I'm quite excited actually! I booked my next session for August 25th as that gives me 2-3 months to enjoy summer, then I will carry on every 6 weeks. Its now getting too warm to wear long sleeves to cover up my wrist and its just plain uncomfortable when its hot. If anything, the downtime will do the fading process some good! Its funny because I am now on the highest intensity with the laser and my nurse said its going to take much longer to heal, but to be honest its healing faster than ever! Which is fantastic.. I hate the healing process which normally takes a week - 2 weeks. My tattoo is scabbed over and I can see the much-faded tattoo underneath. Its been 5 days since my session and I think it will be fully healed by next week. Very encouraging results. I will post a photo when it's healed. Comments/ questions are welcome :-) Annie x

Still using numbing cream..

I forgot to mention; I am still using numbing cream. I know I should try it without, but i'm just too scared of the pain. I mean, with the numbing cream its pretty damn painful, so without the cream, it would probably be hell. I will try it without numbing cream at some point, I just couldn't do it this time! Fellow laser people will understand :)

Tattoo is fading well, but expect I've still got a long way to go!

Laser session number 6

Today I had laser session 6. I asked the nurse how many more she thought I would need and she said realistically about 4. That's music to my hears, I really thought it would be more like another 10. I was also told that as the ink gets less and less, I will have less effects after treatment. In other words, it should blister as much and it should heal quicker. Its been a few hours since my session and I've already taken off the dressing and its really not too bad! Its not blistered this time and the swelling isn't as bad as it normally is. Pics of healed tattoo will be uploaded in a few weeks :-)

6th session

Hi guys just thought I'd update this. I had my 6th laser session at SK:N about 3 weeks ago and my tattoo is all healed now. I've paid for a package of 4 sessions so I've got another 3 left and then I've decided to try the Picosure laser. I have to travel a bit further and pay quite a lot more for that laser but I've heard it's really effective. My tattoo is definitely fading, but not as much I had hoped by the 6th session. I know I need to be patient but it's taken just under a year to get to session 6 (with 2 months of no laser for summer) and I really want to speed up the process with this new laser.

Not giving up

Just had my 7th session on the weekend. Its healing well and not blistered at all. I see slight fading but it should fade more in the next few weeks. Session 8 is booked for 16th Nov. Then I will have one more after with the same laser (old technology) then I will book my first session at Trueskin in Esher, Surrey, with the new Picosure laser. Photo to follow in a few weeks :-)

Update

This is how far I've come... So far. October 2013

8th session this Saturday

Just uploaded pics of my tattoo today just before my 8th session. I took different angles so you can see how each area is fading.

Session number 8

So I had session number 8 last weekend. I've uploaded a pic - its still quite scabby. It seems to be fading less now. Hopefully the Picosure laser can pick up from the old laser and get rid of this thing once and for all! It's been a long journey and mental patience is KEY for success.
Session number 9 is on December 29th. Then I will be trying out the new Picosure laser for session 10.

Peace & Love x

Picosure

I've booked my first Picosure laser session with Trueskin in Esher for 1st Feb 2014. It will be a consultation, patch test and my first session all in the one visit. I've been quoted £299 per session for my tattoo. Expensive, but so worth it if it's quicker and more effective!!! :) let's just hope I don't need many.

Dec 2013

9th session with q-switched laser coming up. Then 10th will be with picosure

Just found this photo...

Session #9

So I had my last session at SK:N on Sunday. My tattoo blistered a bit and it also bled this time. I think it's healing well. Looking back on 2013 I spent the whole year going through this removal process and I still have more to come. It's been difficult mentally and very painful. I could've easily given up on this, but I am so determined to get this off me. Some days I've felt so down about it. Looking down at my wrist and thinking "why did I do this to myself?!" and feeling such despair. I have to stay positive, I've come a long way and if this is how far I've come in a year, it's exciting to think that by next Christmas, this tattoo should be GONE. I've found it so reassuring coming on here and reading other people's stories and views it's really helped me. I'm glad I'm not alone :-)

Anyway, I've got my first session of Picosure on 1st Feb which I'm actually looking forward to. I want to see what all the fuss is about. I have high hopes for the green and black ink, but not so much the red. Luckily, the red is the largest part of my tattoo which means once the green and black have gone, I can go back to the old lasers to finish off the red (the old lasers are much cheaper!).

Photos to follow :-)

xx

Photo

Here is my tattoo right now- 3 days after session 9.
There are scabs forming and it is blistered but I think when that all heals/falls off, the tattoo will be very faded underneath... From what I can see already!

Feeling positive

I'm seeing great results with my fading. I can't wait for the scabs to heal/fall off so I can take a photo! The red looks so much lighter and some of the black is almost gone! Exciting!

Photo update

Still not healed and still very scabby, but i just thought i'd show my progress.

Does anyone else find this.....

So after I have a laser session on my tattoo, it scabs and everything as normal. Then when it starts to heal, the tattoo looks very light and faded, but when it heals completely the colour seems to come back.... It's hard to explain but was wondering if anyone else has experienced that?

Photo update

19 days after session #9

First Picosure session on 1st Feb

I really am hoping for miracles now. My tattoo seems to have completely stopped responding to q-switched lasers . I hope so badly I wont need any more than 2 picosure sessions. They are so expensive! £300 every six weeks is just soul destoying! I'm just glad it's a relatively small tattoo, I feel so bad for people removing large tattoos. Still, at least we have the choice of removal! I bet in a few years laser tattoo removal will be so cheap. Man, this process is long :-(

Picosure

If anyone who's had picosure laser sessions on their tattoo, I'd love to hear what you think about the pain, effectiveness, cost etc.

I feel I have such high hopes and expectations for this new laser as it's very expensive and raved about. I really hope it lives up to its name! Updates to follow after my first session on 1st feb :)

My first Picosure session

So I had my first Picosure session yesterday at Trueskin in Esher.
The clinic was lovely and the staff were very friendly. I had a lady called Edita for my consultation and session. She was so enthusiastic and helpful.
We had an in depth chat about the Picosure laser and she talked me through everything. She said most clients say the pain is much worse than q-switched lasers, which I agree with. It's a slightly different kind of pain, but definitely worse. Edita couldn't believe I'd had 9 previous laser sessions and she was optimistic that Picosure would produce much better results. She told me not to take my co-dydramol painkillers and not to use numbing cream; apparently if I had came in with the numbing cream on or had taken painkillers she wouldn't have been able to carrying out the session; it's against their policy for the client to use these when undergoing Picosure laser treatment. So I'm glad I didn't put anything on before I went in! As I'd never felt the true pain of a laser without numbing or painkillers, I was so nervous as I didn't know what to expect, plus the fact it's a new laser. Edita carried out a patch test on my tattoo on 3 areas of each colour. She saw I didn't have any pin point bleeding or any strange reactions so she proceeded to laser the entire tattoo. It was over within a few minutes. Much quicker than the q-switched laser. I was pleased to see the green reacted very well and turned a pale yellow colour. I was talked through the payment options and as I will probably need at least 4 Picosure sessions (let's be realistic), I decided to go for the picoplan. The picoplan is a payment plan that pretty much guarantees removal within a year. Each session costs £299 for me so I paid that for my first session and from now on I will pay £75 a month for a year for 3 more treatments every 6 weeks. If the tattoo is still visible, they will give me another 4 sessions free of charge. I think if it's still not removed then they keep treating it until it's gone. This basically means for a total of £1200 (including full payment for my first session) my tattoo is treated until it's fully removed. So this works out the best plan of action with regards to cost. I will upload a photo of my tattoo right now which is swollen and has tiny blisters. I am told I will see some good fading in about 4-6 weeks. So far so good I think! Just a little side note; I started having laser sessions on my tattoo about 14 months ago. And Picosure could take another year.

Photos

Tattoo 4 days after picosure

I swear I will never get rid of this damn thing....

Unsure about pico

So I'm pretty sure my tattoo has not changed one bit after the picosure treatment. I thought the green was a bit faded but now it's healed the colour is still as vibrant as it always was. I'm booking in my next picosure session because I can't give up on removing this. I'm just feeling very disappointed that the expensive Picosure is producing worse results than the cheap q-switched laser.

Black ink

Also, the black ink has not budged one bit from picosure, how depressing!

Tattoo pic

Still healing but thought id upload another pic... I can't see any fading from picosure, does anyone think it's not fading?

Update on first Picosure session

So my tattoo's pretty much healed now and I really don't see any further fading. I've signed up for the Picoplan so it's £75 for the next 12 months until this thing is gone. I was looking at my photos on here and realised I should really take them in natural day light so they're all consistent. I'll do that from now on. I'm starting to lose hope in this whole thing. I can't believe how bold and dark my tattoo still is, it's depressing, after all the sessions I've had and all the money spent and I still have a very visible tattoo. Well, here's hoping they turn the laser up for Picosure number 2. I don't care how much it hurts; I just want it gone. Next session is booked for 15th March.

Still no change

Really disappointed with first Picosure treatment. I see no fading whatsoever!

Picosure Laser Settings

The lady who did my first picosure session told me that there is only one setting on the picosure laser. So it won't increase at all. Does it really only have one setting?! If you're having picosure, i'd really like to hear what you think or what you've been told. As I really can't believe they would only have one setting.. which so far has done nothing to my tattoo!

Other companies using our photos

I had someone message me on here to let me know that they found my tattoo pictures on a laser website using it as their own. Is there anything I can do about this?! I'm a bit annoyed I wasn't even asked.

Update

So my 2nd picosure session is next weekend. Here's a pic of my tattoo right now 5 weeks after my first picosure treatment.

Picosure #2 (11th laser session)

So I had my second picosure session yesterday which is my 11th laser session included the q-switched laser sessions. The lady put the machine on maximum setting as I had not great results from the first session. It hurt much more (as expected) but I had my lovely sister there to hold my hand. It's still very swollen but here's a pic of it right now. Updates to follow :-)

2nd Picosure

I went to Center Parcs over the weekend and my tattoo was quite blistered. I went in the spa sauna rooms and swimming pools and my tattoo was fine it didn't hurt or anything. The blisters have now popped and it's all healing well. I do see some fading which is good news. Next session on 26th April :-)

Side by side photo

Picosure

I've only got 20 days until my 3rd picosure session (12th laser session in total) and I really think I still have a very long way to go. My laser technician said she thought4 picosure sessions will clear my tattoo completely, but I really don't see that happening. Anyway, I knew it was going to be a long journey so I never had my hopes too high. Next session on 26th April.

Update

Just thought I'd upload a new pic of my tattoo to show it's progress.

Picosure #3

Just had my 3rd picosure session and the lady said this time it was turned about a bit more (despite her telling me it was on maximum setting last time.. Hmm) but it definitely hurt more. Luckily it doesn't take long to laser - around 3 mins. Pics to follow soon. Just uploaded a side by side pic of before any treatment and after 2nd picosure.

Is this normal?

After my tattoo is lasered, it goes darker until its fully healed.
Does anyone else experience this?

2 weeks after 3rd picosure

It's now been 2 weeks since I had my 3rd picosure session (12th laser session in total). I don't see any further fading if I'm honest. I'm going to leave it another few weeks then take another pic. Next session is in July.

Quick pic update

Tattoo updated pics

4th poco sure session

So on 5th July I had my 4th picosure session (13th laser session in total). I didn't blister or swell that much and i was already healed after about 2 days. I've not noticed any fading at all after this session. I know it's early days but I see no difference now to before my 4th session! Anyway, I'm still going through this nearly 2 years down the line and my tattoo is still here. I hate it so much. I've got until march 2014 to keep paying £75 per month for this. Then if it's still not gone they carry on treatments. Let's hope I see some fading, eh!

14th laser session in December

I'm going on holiday to Turkey next month so I cancelled my September laser session so I didn't have to worry about it too much on holiday. I've had lots of comments from friends/family saying it's looking really faded, but I still think it's not doing that great. I think it's because I see it every day on my wrist and I don't notice the fading. I booked my next season for December so going to have a few months laser free. I'm sure the break will only do it good!

Another pic

Wow thanks for sharing!!
Great results, thrilled for you!!!
I'm really interested to see how the laser remove red ink because I have some areas with red ink that I want removed that I might do excision for. Please keep posting and sending updates. Thanks for sharing your story.
Yay another session completed!! You're doing great!!!
Hang in there! You have come such a long way!
Looking great, let us know how your session in July goes.
So this is 5 weeks post treatment? Looks like the green and black have faded a bit, and you should expect more in the next few weeks. I have found that waiting longer, 8-10 weeks, between treatments yields more fading.
Yeah 5 weeks! My next session is on 5th July which will be a 10 week gap so hopefully it will continue to fade more
I have a red rose and green letters on my inside wrist as well. I've done 17 sessions on the old laser q-switched laser. I have three more to go and I'll start the picosure. keep your resolve!
Hi Redrover, I would love for you to share a review on the site, how has the q-switch worked so far?
Hi , I posted a little while ago about my wrist tattoo that I was getting lasered had 10 session and kinda lost the importantness of getting it done on time so I had a break for over 6 months. Also I was worried it was starting to scar. I was paying £40 a session I found somewhere else that would do it for £20 so yesterday I went and had it done. It hurt as much as it used to and there was swelling directly after but today nothing no blisters skin is just like normal? Where as before at other place I would have blisters all over. I defo know it was done on 700 setting I just don't know if I should go back to old place ? Part of me is considering looking into exercision but not sure how that works on the wrist.
Yea, I noticed my tattoo gets darker after the blisters fade away. Then once the skin heals its back to the lighter hue.
I have had 8 treatments and my tattoo always gets darker for a month afterward.
Yep, that's normal, happened to me as well.
My tattoo also looks darker and just generally awful for a good two or three weeks after a treatment. Only after 5 or 6 weeks do I begin to see how much it's faded from the previous session.
Great fading :) Fingers crossed you get a lot more these next few weeks!
Great fading looks really faded have my second treatment in few days mine has similar colours dreading the pain as it's so large !!
Thanks, hope it's not too painful! Must be very tender on your stomach! I've got my next session this Saturday
Looks like you got some great fading from this last treatment! Are you feeling a bit more hopeful with this one?
Yeah I am feeling hopeful, I mean at £300 a go I really hope it works!
Great fading since your last update, thanks for updating us. How do you feel about your progress so far?
Thank you! I feel it's been such a long time since I started this, it will be 2 years this November. I probably will need another year on this and although it's faded significantly, I did hope for complete removal within 1 year.
Thanks for the update, I did some research for you and found an FAQ that speaks to red ink removal:
DOES PICOSURE GET RID OF RED INK?
PICOSURE LASER FOR QUICKER TATTOO REMOVAL?

Thanks so much for that!
I have found that in the later sessions of removal (post treatments 5 or more depending on results), waiting at least 3 months b/w treatments will heed the best results as you have to allow yr body time to oull away the ink. Best of luck in yr upcoming treatment :)