Tattoo Ruined by Tattooist - Guernsey, IA

So......here is this story. I went to a new...

So......here is this story.
I went to a new local tattoo artist to add to my tribal sleeve (forearm) heard they were good and was happy to go ahead. The tattooist said he wanted to draw it free hand and I agreed. He drew it on and it looked okay and we started after it was being filled in colour I realised how awful and messy his work is (the tribal itself) don't even look like tribal I am so angry and so depressed over it I feel worthless and everything I came beleive he would carry on probably full well knowing it looks SHITE!!! Anyway I wanna get laser removal but am worried and apprehensive about it all. I'll upload a pic I already know its gonna be a lonngg process because the lines are so bold and thick I'm worried incase it's too much and can't be done.....would like some opinions please

Hey there, checking in to see if you started removal....hope you are feeling better.

Hey there, just checking in to see how things are going with you, have you decided to start treatment yet?

It can be done because I am doing it. Same situation...thick black tribal all over BOTH arms. I am no pro but I am on the same boat as you and currently doing laser.

Relax brother I am suffering from the same situation , in my case was a free hand dragon drawn by a well known artist in China. The only bad thing was that he F****D UP my arm and back , it looks TERRIBLE. I feel depressed as well ,but there is a solution. Laser is a lengthy process but you will definitely see results. I hope you get better bro! My tattoo compared to yours looks like s**t ! anyway tell us how it goes if you go for laser! peace bro

I can completely relate to your situation. I had a heavy, black panther tattoo done about three weeks ago and the quality of work is not what I anticipated. I feel like it's done damage to my self-esteem. However, I have been consulting with laser clinics and the best tattoo artists in Michigan that I can find... all assure me if I get it lightened with a laser, I can get a better, more high quality cover-up piece. Since I do actually want to be tattooed, I'm fine with that option. You may want to consider doing the same. You could easily get that lightened and then get a full-sleeve as a cover-up. Hope you're feeling better.
How is everything going Pete? Are you feeling any better?
Hang in there.Make some appointments and get consultations started so you get an idea of what it's gonna cost. whats done is done now its time to make good and erase the nightmare. good luck
Lol,man I feel your pain bro.I'm going throughit the same.I asked for a dead tree and got some crazy shite put on my arm.feel the same way depressed socially withdrawn afrom all of society.keep your chin up man as I'm trying to do the same.I've been sending the artist a ton of hate mail for it.but ultimately I just hate myself.I had laser 3weeks after it was put on and saw aton of breakup.some parts lifted right off.but she kinda of bruised me though.guess ill cross that bridge when I get to it.hopefully that will fade as well.goodluck
aloha bigmikev, I use arnica montana gel for the bruising after laser removal. It does help and to be honest I'd rather have bruising then the offending ink. I have read that newer tattoos (less than three years old) are easier to remove. I have seen significant fading and removal. I will be so happy when this is all removed and I know it will take time and money and most importantly patience. Hang in there and good luck.
Thank you.ill have to check that out.I feel the same way about rather having the bruising.patience is one thing I'm trying to deal with.anyways thank you for the advice and feedback.
aloha Pete, Mahalo/thank you for sharing your story. I thought I was the only one who allowed a trusted artist to freehand on me. We talked about the design for years and he's done other tattoos on me. I trusted the guy and what a mistake. I hated it before it was even bandaged. The first thought in my mind was "well that's gonna be lasered off". I had a consultation and had the first session 6 weeks after the regretful ink was placed. I've had two sessions and see significant fading and breaking up of the lines. Blackberry11 below is right: black is the most successful removal. Yes, it's gonna cost you some change $$$ to have it removed, but you might be able to get a deal with the laser removal place. Check them out, consultations are usually free. I go to a medical spa with a doctor on staff. He meets with me first and then the technician who is specifically trained in this technique does the proceedure. In two weeks I will begin the R20 technique after two single treatments. The R20 is multiple sessions in one with a rest period. Studies have shown it to be very successful and I am excited. I do know that it will take some time to have the offending ink removed. In the meantime I keep three things in my mind 1) I have support from this forum and everyone is fantastic 2) yes this will take some time to laser off but that time will pass no matter what and I might as well be productive and 3) yes it's gonna take some money but hey it's only money and my happiness is worth it. And perhaps fourthly but really the most important thing to remember: we all make mistakes, we are human nothing will change that but we can learn from our mistakes and help others.
Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I completely understand how you are feeling, I as well had a horrible tattoo done on my back, its huge and UGLY....so I know what you're going through. I am on my 5th laser treatment, I also have very dark dense ink - including black - you can see my review on this site. I found the following article that you may see some inspriation from: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/tatts-gotta-hurt-inking-twice-means-suffering-for-your-art-20110709-1h7zh.html Now, with regards to feeling down and out...I get that, trust me, it's horrible to think that something is so perminante on your body and you feel hopeless..but don't...removal works, you have alot of tattoo to remove, so it will be several sessions 12- 15 or more I would guess, ...but the good news is new ink responds very well to removal inspite of what you might read. Color is horrible to remove, that I find more troublesome, but my black is responding well. Sometimes things just don't go as planned, I don't know why, I ask myself that often, but things just happen.... keep your spirits up, no one will judge you or even care. You can message me anytime you need to chat, I have been going through this since last year and I understand the feelings of depression and horrible thoughts...you can send a private message anytime. Take good care, and try to not worry.
I love this post... Thank you Blackberry11 for being so kind and caring! Pete - I know this will not help how you feel, but I honestly do not think it looks bad. Its just so new, and very shocking to you. I am going through a similar situation. I was so upset about my tattoo that I actually made myself sick for 3 days. Its visible and I work in a Hospital. Im am trying to decide to remove it or not. Reading all these posts is super helpful. Take care of yourself. ~ April In Wisconsin.
Hi April, sorry to hear about your situation, where is it located? Is it a large piece? How old is your tattoo?
Blackberry11 Thank you so much for responding! I was going to message you and tell you that I LOVE your blog. You are my favorite person on this site. Like you I have tattoo regret! I have such mixed feeling about my tattoo. My tattoo is on my chest/shoulder area. It says “daddy’s girl” with a devils tail and a little halo. I love the tattoo. It’s of good quality. It’s what I wanted. However, It’s just too BIG and not it the right spot. When the stencil was on it looks lo much smaller. I don’t really blame the artist. I think I should have been more detailed with him. I like others am just super pissed at myself. I’m teetering between, only having some removed or the full tattoo. The tattoo artist put shading in the tattoo that I defiantly did NOT want. So this is something that will for sure will be getting removed. I have done so much “internet” research and I’m not sure what to believe and what not to believe. I live in Wisconsin and there is very limited places to have tattoo removal. There is some guy who travels to 8 different locations ( http://www.cosmeticlasercenterswi.com/ ), however I do not think he is a DR. I don’t want to risk having a nice tattoo turning it’s a scar or something of the sort. I do live an hour and a half away from mayo Rochester and will be contacting them today. Like you, I think I’m going to document the process. I want to help others in our situation. It’s a very stressful situation, and unless this happening to you, people do not understand. I was SO upset the moment the tattoo was done. I started looking for laser tattoo removal the moment I got home. I was physically sick for 3 days! Like PUKING sick. I had a headache. I didn’t want to leave my house. I got the tattoo March 1st. So it’s only 22 days old. The tattoo is all black with very small about of red, yellow, and white. Its about 4 and a half inches long. I will post pictures for you to see. Everyone tells me that it’s “not that bad.” It’s just so shocking to me! I feel like I ruined my beautiful body. This is going to be a long journey that I’m mentally preparing myself for.. UGH 
Hi :) Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate that April. So from what I understand from your post, the tattoo is very new, well done, just bigger than planned. Ok, I think what you should do is relax, give yourself some time to adjust to the shock of having the new tattoo. A big regret of mine is covering the old tattoo, as when I look back, it was not that bad and was much easier to conceal and live with than this one....darn it! So think about the whole process, as I have told many others before, once you start the process you can't stop unless you plan on a cover up..then you just fade. If you don't want a cover up, be mentally prepared for how the tattoo will begin to turn ugly as it will be destroyed by the laser, also in the summer, always have it covered away from the sun...so maybe you want to start laser in the winter...things like that. Go for your consultatios, just don't rush this. Re you feel like you ruined your body, I hear you there, but we have not, it's only ink....that's all...think of it that way, and how many other people have tattoo...when you look at them, do you think they ruined their bodies? I work everyday at not being so hard on myself, this is a situation I was never prepared for, and never thought I would be in. We just have to accept the situation, and move forward. I am not going to lie and tell you I don't get down about this, and days I just feel so ticked off... I have just learned how to manage my emotions and can bring myself back to balance quicker. I really have learned from this, and isn't that what life is all about...so don't worry so much, and be happy. I wish you all the best, and ask me anything, I will do my best to help you :)
Im not alone and thats the best feeling I have had in 22 days. THANK YOU
You're welcome April
aloha AprilMag4...Ink regret is horrible. We all know the feeling but one of the wonderful things about this forum is that we learn we are not alone. I just posted my story, with the support and encouragement from the community manager. I have several tattoos, been to the same artist, but this time it just didn't work out for a variety of reasons. I knew as the artist was bandaging the tattoo that laser removal would be in my future. I hate the thought of being so disconnected with the body part where the offending ink is. I hate that I have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on laser removal. But hey, that's life and I'm in it for the long haul. Everyone tells me that my tattoo isn't bad, but it's my opinion that counts. I have to live with it and I just don't want to live with it. I was also sick, emotionally sick afterwards. I cried for weeks on end, my poor husband watching me. I didn't eat, I kept the tattooed area covered. I have even stopped visiting some friends for fear of reliving the whole story over again. Strangers comment (hey it's not really any of their beeswax but they still comment) I just want my life back. And I'm on the road to doing so. I got mental health therapy, I moved forward with positive things and I'm gearing up for the next laser removal session on Wednesday. I'm not going to let some ink rule my life. Take care AprilMag4
Kahelelani, Thank you for responding! Your advice is wonderful. Im starting to feel better as each day goes by. Just not looking forward to summer. Do you think the tattoo removal is worth it? My friends all say.. " I would rather have a nice tattoo than an ugly scar" - this freaks me out.
aloha AprilMang4, Glad to hear you are feeling better. Ink regret sucks, I know, it shouldn't affect your life, it's hard not to let it. If you want it removed, then get consultations booked, research and move forward on that. I've had my offending ink since late October 2012 and am looking forward to having my wrist back. I do not like it at all. As for scars, why would you scar? I have had two treatments and on Wednesday go for my first R20 treatment. There will be no scars. But if you are the type to form keloids (I am not) then you can tackle that problem with keloid/scar cream. I think if you want something, you should work towards that goal. Life shouldn't be full of regrets, life should be full of joy. As for the summer, well keep it covered with sunscreen. I'm going to be sporting some lovely bracelets this summer while the laser does it work and I look forward to the summer of 2014 when I'll be ink free. Good luck and don't freak out, get answers instead.
:) What is this R20 that I see people talking about? Is this a type of laser? My friends do not know anything about tattoo removal. They don't understand the technology that has come about in the last 20 years. However its still in the back of my head. Just because my tattoo is on my chest and visible to everyone! ugh. You are absolutely right though. I will NOT let this ruin me. I am a good person, and a little ink will NOT change who I am :)
R20 is another method of laser removal where the doctor wil treat your tattoo with around 3 sessions at once with breaks in between. I heard that they are very effective but cost more because of the extra sessions in one day. Definitely something to look at if your desperately trying to remove your tattoo ASAP. However it will cost more. The traditional lasar removal is just as effective it just takes more sessions and cost less.
Very interesting!! So few questions. With this R20 method. Is there more of a chance for scarring due to the 3 sessions in 1? Seems like it would be very damaging 2 the skin. Also, is there longer healing time between sessions?
R20 method has been proven safe without scaring. Your dermatologist will determine how many sessions you need including when to return for your next session. Again it gonna cost more but can be worth it if you really want that tattoo off. Work out a payment plan with your doctor. Sometimes if your committed to the treatment and are willing to stay loyal to the doctors service they might give a discount. Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck