I Don't Know if I Should Get a Revision --- Advice Please - Guatemala

I took the decision to get my BA summer last year...

I took the decision to get my BA summer last year and waited until Dec 19th 2011 to have the procedure done during my vacations at my country of origin. I decided to do it there not only for the lower price but because I'm a mom and I live by myself in NY with no family around, so I figured that having friends and family close to take care of my lil one was very convenient.

The procedure was more hurtful than what I expected but I was happy to have taken the decision to do it now. I'm just recently single and I needed a boost on my confidence level to face the world again.

I ask for several recommendations and decided for this Dr. that made me feel confident. The surgery was done in the best Hospital of my country and even when $3600 is a lower price for BA in the US. Back in my country that is a high price.

Since day one after the surgery I called my Dr. to let him know that one breast was bigger than the other. He said, it was normal and we had to wait.

More than 4 months have passed and I waited and waited and waited and the size never even out but what is worst is that the nipples are asymmetric and the position of my implants are not well centered.

I sent the pictures to my Dr. and he said that the difference is not that much. He tried to minimize the issue. He also said that if I want to get a revision surgery he will do it.

Now I don't know if I'm being perfectionist or if he is trying to save himself out of it. I also don't know if a revision surgery of this type is too complicated and if I'm taking a great risk of ended more unsatisfied with the result.

I need all the advice in the world to take this decision and it is nothing that I can ask to everybody around.

The Dr. has been great so far and I even feel bad to give him an average as an overall rating but I cannot give him a very good if I'm not happy with the end results yet. Maybe if I get my revision done and I'm happy later I will change my overall review of him

Thank you for posting your photos and story here on RealSelf! I'm truly sorry you're unhappy with your results. That's a lot to go through to be disappointed. You should check out the breast implant revision community.

I hope this helps. Please let us know what you decide to do.

I already align some appointments with local Drs. I don't have a clue of how much a revision surgery could cost. Thanks for taking the time to comment scrappy37
...and btw if someone messed up on me majorly the first time, and not some simple issue- then i wouldnt let them touch me with a ten foot pole again!! They can really screw you up if you keep letting them mess with them and they are clueless.
I think the best thing to do, is if you are in the states right now, try to find docs with free consults and get their professional opinion. Or post on the ask a doc a question portion of this forum.
Something doesnt look right with yours, but i cant really tell what it is. I am guessing pocket placement and style of implant chosen. Do you know what kind he put in?
Anyways, those docs would know better than I....
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Your breasts look very hard and the nipples are facing outward. your doctor did not do a good job. Did you check his credentials before surgery? It is very important to find aboard certified PS! Good luck with a revision, I hope you eventually end up with the results you want.
Yes, the Dr. is certified and had good reviews from friends. Years and years of experience. What can I tell you? Luck? I don't know anymore. Thanks for your comment Kooberry
i dont think the result is acceptable but would be afraid to go back to the same doctor. If the attention to detail is not there in the first operation which is the easiest to do, then the second more challenging surgery will be more likely to fail. Go get a couple opinions from plastic surgeons here and then you will have an idea of what to do. I trusted my doctor and didnt want to spend the money with a new surgeon and trust me i more than parid the price for that mistake.
I'm afraid indeed. I even used your words to write him an email. I'm visiting some local Drs to get their opinions.

Thank you very much for your comment. Stay well
I can see what you mean, I am also getting a revision. If you are not happy with something don't feel like you are complaining. You paid for this procedure and deserve to be happy. Will you have to pay for this revision?
Thank you girl. I read your post and I didn't get that you were dissatisfied with your procedure. After reading some of the comments of the girls here I sent a firmer email to my Dr. asking basically "what happened?". I hope everything goes ok with you. I will follow you here. Thanks again