Eyebrow Transplant - Mexico, MO

I had my eyebrow transplants 7 weeks ago, I over...

I had my eyebrow transplants 7 weeks ago, I over plucked them in the 90's and some of the hairs never grew back, mostly on the inner brow beside the top of my nose and the tails. It was done in a reputable professional clinic, the actual procedure was not painful and was quite relaxing, they gave me a valium and did the procedure over several hours. I thought they were going to have more say in designing the brows to a natural, complimentary design, but they kind of left this up to me, which I wasn't really prepared for. The healing over the next 2 weeks was what I expected, bruising, swelling, scabbing and eventually the crusts coming off and the hairs shedding.
I was told there would be redness where the grafts has been placed that would stay for a few weeks, and sometimes longer in fair skinned individuals. (I am fair skinned) It has been 7 weeks and I'm still just as red in the recipient area as I was at 2 weeks. Also the skin is not smooth, I don't know if its from the micro incisions or the grafts underneath the skin but its not pretty, I haven't had any acne bumps but it looks kind of pitted, and even when covered with concealor, it doesn't look like the surrounding skin. At this point I am concerned and frustrated because I was not expecting this. This procedure at least in my experience has a far longer recovery that what I was told initially. I will continue to update as my journey goes on.

make up that blends the redness

I just wanted to share a tip I found from a guy that had a hair transplant that had persisting redness. Clinique bronzing non streak bronzing gel for men. I surround the bronzer around the area thats red, being careful to not get it on the red area and it works much better than trying to cover it with concealor, it matches my surrounding pale skin to my red/pink skin where my transplants are. Then I put foundation over the top.

8 weeks

Followed up with eyebrow transplant surgeon today to enquire about persisting redness and irregular texture in recipient area. Basically it is scarring, which will improve in 6-12 months, I was NOT expecting this and everywhere I read this is said to be rare or not something that happens. I wish this had been disclosed to me as a risk. I spoke to a girl that had eyebrow transplants here in Canada and she is not bothered by the texture change or persisting pinkness at 4 months now for her(she had no eyebrows and uses it as a guide to draw then until they grow in) so I'm not the only one that this has happened to. I hope the recipient area skin goes back to the colour and texture it was preoperatively sooner than later. If it doesn't i can use vbeam laser to speed up the redness healing and dry skin needling to improve the pitted texture :(

10 weeks post op

Recipient area still pink/red, no hair growth yet. Waiting for redness to disappear and hair to grow.

12 weeks

Eyebrow recipient area still pink, and different texture to surrounding skin, no hair growth yet, supposed to start seeing some hairs growing now or in the next month, getting nervous that grafts are not going to "take". Also had some transplants to my temples, some hairs starting to grow there, and no persisting redness/pinkness- at this point eyebrow transplant procedure NOT WORTH IT, but only time will tell, was done with the fue technique.
Dr Roberto

Keep us posted. I hope the redness and texture changes you are experiencing resolve themselves soon.
Great tip - thank you for sharing!!
I think it's so amazing that technology can help us correct things such as over plucking eyebrows - so cool! Look forward to following your progress. Do you have any pictures to share with us?