Eyebrow Transplant - Mexico, MO

I had my eyebrow transplants 7 weeks ago, I over...

I had my eyebrow transplants 7 weeks ago, I over plucked them in the 90's and some of the hairs never grew back, mostly on the inner brow beside the top of my nose and the tails. It was done in a reputable professional clinic, the actual procedure was not painful and was quite relaxing, they gave me a valium and did the procedure over several hours. I thought they were going to have more say in designing the brows to a natural, complimentary design, but they kind of left this up to me, which I wasn't really prepared for. The healing over the next 2 weeks was what I expected, bruising, swelling, scabbing and eventually the crusts coming off and the hairs shedding.
I was told there would be redness where the grafts has been placed that would stay for a few weeks, and sometimes longer in fair skinned individuals. (I am fair skinned) It has been 7 weeks and I'm still just as red in the recipient area as I was at 2 weeks. Also the skin is not smooth, I don't know if its from the micro incisions or the grafts underneath the skin but its not pretty, I haven't had any acne bumps but it looks kind of pitted, and even when covered with concealor, it doesn't look like the surrounding skin. At this point I am concerned and frustrated because I was not expecting this. This procedure at least in my experience has a far longer recovery that what I was told initially. I will continue to update as my journey goes on.

make up that blends the redness

I just wanted to share a tip I found from a guy that had a hair transplant that had persisting redness. Clinique bronzing non streak bronzing gel for men. I surround the bronzer around the area thats red, being careful to not get it on the red area and it works much better than trying to cover it with concealor, it matches my surrounding pale skin to my red/pink skin where my transplants are. Then I put foundation over the top.

8 weeks

Followed up with eyebrow transplant surgeon today to enquire about persisting redness and irregular texture in recipient area. Basically it is scarring, which will improve in 6-12 months, I was NOT expecting this and everywhere I read this is said to be rare or not something that happens. I wish this had been disclosed to me as a risk. I spoke to a girl that had eyebrow transplants here in Canada and she is not bothered by the texture change or persisting pinkness at 4 months now for her(she had no eyebrows and uses it as a guide to draw then until they grow in) so I'm not the only one that this has happened to. I hope the recipient area skin goes back to the colour and texture it was preoperatively sooner than later. If it doesn't i can use vbeam laser to speed up the redness healing and dry skin needling to improve the pitted texture :(

10 weeks post op

Recipient area still pink/red, no hair growth yet. Waiting for redness to disappear and hair to grow.

12 weeks

Eyebrow recipient area still pink, and different texture to surrounding skin, no hair growth yet, supposed to start seeing some hairs growing now or in the next month, getting nervous that grafts are not going to "take". Also had some transplants to my temples, some hairs starting to grow there, and no persisting redness/pinkness- at this point eyebrow transplant procedure NOT WORTH IT, but only time will tell, was done with the fue technique.

14 weeks

So far I regret doing this procedure, I have scarring in the recipient area and not a single hair growing at 3.5 months, my surgeon says it can take up to 7 months to see any growth. I hope that is the case so that the scarring will be covered. It is having an impact on my confidence, I can camoflage the persisting pink colour with makeup to a degree but the irregular skin appearance shows through.

16 weeks

So unhappy that I did this procedure, I am supposed to be seeing some growth in my eyebrows at 16 weeks, not a single hair has sprouted, but in my temples there it lots of hair growing where they did the transplant. I have been hiding under bangs and hats for months because the recipient area is pink and bumpy, the eyebrows frame your face and when they look funky for months it really does a number on ones self confidence. I don't know what to do. This is the longest of recoveries. I will probably need to have some fraxel, dry needling and v beam to try to repair the scarring in the recipient area, and another transplant to cover it.....uggghhhh.. such a long process. Very depressed.

17 weeks

No growth, skin texture still irregular and pink in recipient site where the tails and heads were implanted, no hair naturally covering this area to begin with. Heard that fue can take longer for any growth to occur, not unusual to see nothing until 6 months, hoping to see some sprouting in the next 2 months.

NOT WORTH IT

I am so pissed off that I ever did this stupid pointless procedure, that has left me with nothing but ugly scars where the the micro incisions were made in the recipient site. I'm angry that when I researched this procedure, I didn't find anything that tells you that is a possible complication. It is now four months, every picture or site on the internet says that growth should have started by now, and I have nothing! Not one hair. So by the time 12 months has passed and I can redo the procedure it will be two years of waiting and healing and then there is still no guarantee it will take. If I didn't have scarring that needed to be covered with hair I wouldn't care if no hair grew or bother doing this procedure again. My surgeon denied that I had growth in my temple and in a scar in my scalp where grafts were placed at the same time,this hair started growing at three months and is about 1/2 an inch long now, he said it was prp that was injected thickening the existing hair, not the grafts which is absolute garbage and leaves me with no faith in him to repair this or believe anything he says. I am at a loss as to what to do and effected by this everyday. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I really hope some laser resurfacing can get the skin texture and colour where the grafts were placed back to normal so I can move forward from this stupid, frustrating, scarring procedure.

5 months

No growth, micro scars from procedure in heads of eyebrows still rough texture and pink colour. Waiting one more month to see if there is any growth. If there is not, will be using fraxel restore and v beam laser to attempt to repair scarring. If this repairs my skin satisfactorily will not attempt to repeat eyebrow transplant procedure.

still no growth to eyebrows, still microscars, pink colour, uneven texture

Nothing has changed since my last update. My surgeon sent me some cream for healing. It has done nothing. Also suggested massage which has also done nothing.
Dr Roberto