Watch out - Greenwich, CT

I had Thermage done 4 days ago on my face. First...

I had Thermage done 4 days ago on my face. First half of face was uncomfortable during the procedure, especially in the chin, under jaw area. Well, then the second half of the face started. It was more painful and we only got through 200 out of the 450 pulses. The nurse noticed some blistering and stopped. Since then, that side of my my face has erupted in blisters. It is covered with them - they are now open sores. I went back to the Dr today and got antibiotics and ointment. I have no idea if I will scar. As far as whether it actually worked, I have no idea - I am too concerned with healing. It is the holidays and I cannot even go out because I look so awful. The belief is that the machine malfunctioned. The office has called the company to come in and check into it. Just a warning.

I will give it a couple of months and check back - but for now - what a horror story.

I included a photo of the affected area.

I have seen a couple of posts asking for an update...

I have seen a couple of posts asking for an update. It is 17 months after the "event" as I call it. I have healed - I do have some faint scars that I hope will eventually fade completely. For me, this procedure was obviously not worth what I went through. I do think there is a tightening effect that I experienced.

The Doctor is good - but the tip malfunctioned.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Leslie, I didn't see anything harsh in your post. Maybe I'm more logical than many, but I understoond what you were trying to say: you commiserated with this young lady but felt she may have been duped by her practicioner. I appreciate both perspectives, yours and hers. Sorry you got flamed by others on your opinion and experience.

Ok, then no thermage for me. I do not need additional spots on my face.
No offense, you went to a cheap place and got what you paid for. Thermage in one hand is different than Thermage in a seasoned hand. I went to Perfect Body in bay shore and got stunning results from their CPT select. No regrets
What a stupid post. No offense to an offensive comment? There is no place cheap in Greenwich. The tip was defective - bottom line. It had nothing to do with the place or the employee. Glad you have no regrets, however, if the tip that was used - believe me - you would. Grow up.
Forgive me if my comment offended you in any way. First, you DID pay "cheap" at $2000 for a full face! Second, if what you said was true and they were using only a 450 pulse tip, they weren't using the proper tip or the proper pulse amount on you. You should've had either a 600 or 900 pulse tip used on you. Lastly, it is impossible to re-use a Thermage tip as there are computer chips in the tips that prevent the tips from being used after the pulse count has been reached. I was only trying to help the people on the forum. My point was that if you had done a bit more research on what you were getting and who was doing it, it would have likely prevented your horrible experience. Also, there were 4 different generations of Thermage machines made over the last 10 years, one better than the next. When I went to this place (Perfect Body laser in Bay Shore, NY) they explained everything from the tip size they would use, the pulse count, the latest CPT Thermage etc.. Because I was already self educated on it, I knew they were using te right technology and methods to maximize my results. Again, I did not mean to insult you, please take your anger out on the place that did your "treatments", not the people trying to help answer your post.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Leslie--Your post is helpful for those who do wish to get the treatment, but your delivery really was harsh and made it difficult to beyond the harshness to hear the message.

Hope you drop dead??? You are mentally disturbed and should seek out help. Really, this post is frightening.

Hello,

I'm thinking of having the procedure done. It's been a year since your original post - any major results with the thermage?
Do you have any before and after photos that you could share?
Please read all the nightmares and horrors on thermage before you make your decision ....
I'm so glad I got to this forum, as I was thinking about it. What exactly are the nightmares and horrors? Thanks for sharing,
Isabella
I have had Thermage before, a couple of years ago. I loved the results, it did something to my pores. I noticed I didnt get oily & shiny during the summer when I got hot. Which prevented me from breaking out. I mentioned this at a future follow up visit and I was told that this treatment doesn't shrink pores or sebaceous glands, but this is what I noticed from the treatment. My skin is already tight so of course I didn't notice any tightening. You just need to make sure you find the right physician to do these types of treatments AND make sure it's the physician that does the treatment and not some impatient inexperienced office assistant. It's a damn shame what happen to the poster, whether the machine malfunctioned or not the stupid tech should have known that something was wrong and STOPPED immediately!

Hi take time...I'm curious how you are doing? Did you heal? Did the procedure work?

The issue was a defective tip not user error.

No, it was still user error. The nurse should have recognized that the tip was malfunctioning. I have had various laser procedures done and any experienced practitioner knows when the skin is not reacting properly.

EXACTLY!

Hey Im sorry so sorry what happened to you? Where it was done? What city? Im been thinking on having it done, but im scare now..hope you do fine, it may help to put some towels with icewater in tha area may help girl..hope you get better soon;)

Hi Yolys,

Have you had Thermage and did this to help?

Thanks,

-Britt

OMG they should have stopped/lowered the intensity of the laser b4 they did real damage. They should know how skin will react if they are trained properly. They should know when to stop as well, they dont just keep going & hope for the best. I hope you heal ok, sounds like they dont know what they are doing there.

Hi Andy,

Have you had Thermage before?

Thanks,

So, what happened?
Thanks for your post Britt.

No real change - I am keeping up with the ointment and hoping I improve soon.

I will update in a week or so.

Hi take time,

Welcome to the community. Thank you for the review and I'm so sorry what happened to you. I'm glad the nurse stopped when she noticed blistering. Does your doctor have any ideas about scaring? You said it's been four days how are you doing today? Please keep us updated and thanks for the pictures.