Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction - Greenville, SC

Hey, I am 25 years old and mother of a 6 year boy....

Hey, I am 25 years old and mother of a 6 year boy. My surgery (tummy tuck and breast reduction) is scheduled for August 1st.... That's 3 days and I am super nervous but even more excited! I have wanted this procedure since my son was born, almost 7 years ago. I don't consider myself to be big at all, but I have a flabby stomach and major stretch marks, hence the need for a full tummy tuck with a little bit of lipo. I'm 5'5'' and 145 pounds (10 pounds are probably boobs, no lie), therefore I am also getting a breast reduction. I have had breast that were too large for my body since I was about 13! I am currently in a size 34 D sometimes DD, and since having my son, my large breast are now saggy. I originally inquired with my PS about a breast lift but he informed me because my breast were so large, and I desired smaller breast, a breast reduction would be best for me. In other words, if he lifted the breast I have, because of their size, they would end up saggy again quickly. When I tell people I am getting a tummy tuck, everyone says they don't know why because I'm not fat, which is true but they've never seen me naked! I'm not doing it to take the easy way out or to lose weight. I currently work out 5 or 6 days a week and have been working out for about 4 years. It seems that the more I work out and the more weight I lose, the more saggy and loose my skin gets. So far, I am very pleased with my PS and his staff! They have been super helpful and have very much prepared me for my upcoming surgery. I am super excited about my procedure and will give updates!

Pre surgery pics

Ok, not tomorrow but the next day, and finally made myself take pre surgery pics! I'm ready for a lot of these stretch marks to be gone and to finally have a normal belly button again!

Tomorrow is the day!

It's tomorrow and I'm really nervous and idk why! I know I'm in good hands, but still nervous! I'm spending the day today making sure I'm prepared and have everything ready! Everyone just keep me in your prayers please!

Yay! It's done!

Ok, today is Saturday, surgery was Thursday and I'm not really in any pain just real sore and stiff. I got home about 6 Thursday afternoon and kind of just dozed in and out that night and most of Friday. I have stayed on top of my meds and haven't felt much pain. My stomach is just really tight and stiff so it's causing discomfort! I wasn't able to sleep too much last night or today, idk why. I have had a slight fever today (worse was 99.9) so nothing major, just had me a little worried! I have also had a headache most of the day today. I have communicated with my PS and his staff and they have been so helpful! Nothing to worry about, just need to make sure I'm taking deep breaths and coughing and checking my temp often! I couldn't be more pleased with Dr McFadden and his staff! Surgery went great and everyone was so helpful and made me feel so much better!

Post op day 3

It's true, things get better and better each day! I've had a pretty nasty headache most of the day yesterday and all night last night! It got so bad this morning that I couldn't sleep at all! Then I got to thinking, my body is use to me drinking some sort of caffeine like sweet tea or coke and I've only been drinking water. Since I recently cut out sodas before surgery, I made me a big glass of sweet tea. Almost instantly, my headache was gone and I feel so much better! I'm going to have to make sure I get my caffeine fix every once in awhile! Besides that, everything is going really well. I'm still stiff and sore but able to get around all by myself! Still not much swelling either, a little more than before, but not much at all.

Day 4 post op

I've been able to sleep a little more, still feel about the same as yesterday, sore and stiff. I am pretty much off of my narcotics, just taking ibuprofen. I think I had my last Percocet about 20 hours ago. Still in no pain just sore. The narcotics I think were contributing to the headache and just made me feel kind of groggy. Swelling a little more than before but I have been moving around a lot more. I just wish I could get comfortable and stay comfortable, that's probably the worse part!

It's been awhile

Sorry I've not been updating as much as I should. Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op and I'm felling pretty good. The first 4 days were definitely the worse, but still not bad to me! The worse part was not being able to get comfortable! I starting back driving at 1 week post op, and drains came out 8 days post op. I do have to say that I felt a world of difference after the drains came out... They were aggravating... I'm still not standing completely up straight but just a tiny bit bent over still... I've been going about life like normal except for not lifting or pulling anything, and I get tired really easily. I'm not working, I'll start back school August 28.. Besides being a little bit bent over and getting tired easily, things are pretty much normal. Incisions are healing good, and I go to the dr tomorrow to get my binder and get the rest of my stitches out of my breasts.

Loving my results so far!

Continuing to feel better and better everyday! Just wanted to post some new pics!

My belly button!

So glad to have a normal belly button again!!

Update

Everything's going great. I'm very pleased! I do have to say that I'm in nursing school and haven't been able to diet and work out like I would like, therefore I've not toned up my flat stomach yet. :(
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful doctor and staff! I will recommend them to everyone!