Restylane for Tear Troughs...23 Y/o Hereditary Under Eye Bags - Greensburg, PA

As a 1st time cosmetic treatment patient, I felt...

As a 1st time cosmetic treatment patient, I felt very comfortable and secure with Dr Leong as my doctor for this procedure. I had initially consulted with a nurse at a 'medi-spa' and I am so glad I changed my mind and went with Dr Leong instead. He really understands that this is not equivalent to getting a haircut or manicure..it is a medical procedure that requires extensive knowledge and expertise! Furthermore I was impressed with the amount of time Dr. Leong spent with me answering all of my many questions and making sure I was aware of all the risks/complications (which were not mentioned at all during my consultation with the medi-spa, btw). I was extremely nervous about getting anything injected near my eyes and he was very patient with me, not pushy at all, and let me come to my own decision. It has been 12 days since my treatment and I am happy with the results, although I do feel I may require a bit more filler now that the initial swelling has gone down. But I am definitely happy that Dr. Leong took a conservative approach to my treatment..you can always add more later! I also had 0 bruising following the treatment, only a couple needle entry marks which faded within 4 days, as expected. I will be calling the office this week to address adding more filler, but overall I am extremely happy.
It is very important that a patient feels comfortable and secure about their doctor. Congratulations for your happy experience!
Sounds like you had a great experience, thanks for sharing.

forgot to mention...

I forgot to mention that Dr. Leong used a microcannula rather than a regular needle for my filler...I definitely think this contributed to the fact that I had no bruising at all. Also, it made me feel much safer since there is less risk of puncturing a blood vessel with a cannula than there is with a needle.
Did the doctor use 1 or2 syringes? and did he use restylane filler?
Think it was Restylane. And believe just one syringe. Dr. Leong has a very gentle touch and so thoroughly artistic. It took that 'hallowed' look away. That look that I kept thinking was just my mascara traveling down. But when I would swipe with a Q-tip, the area was still dark. He explained it all to me beforehand. I iced it gently that night but it looked great the next day. Would also recommend stopping any aspirin or NSAIDS, Vit E and Omega's as those can always add to any bruising...Have learned that along the way. I am Irish descent, fair-medium complexion so do bruise easily. Hope that helped layla!
Yes, thank you. To bad I live in LA California . I'm looking for a good doctor for tear troughs. Thank you again
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon