TT and Lipo of Hips and Flanks, Muscle Repair - Greensboro, NC

Having surgery on 10/3013. I am 44, mom of 2, 5'9,...

Having surgery on 10/3013.
I am 44, mom of 2, 5'9, 188 lbs. the same weight I was when I got pregnant with my daughter at 23. I have been between 175 and 190 most of my life.

After divorce in my early 30s, I did get down to 160 but gradually gained the weight back. Looking forward to surgery on Wed!

Here are some before pics!

Before pics

Before pictures

2 days pre-op!

I have been reading in this site for a few hours tonite! Getting really excited! Great advice I'm going to share, http://www.realself.com/forum/tummy-tuck-survival-real-life-guide

More before! Tomorrow is my big day!

A few more before pics!

Last day at work for a week or so!

Surgery day!

Here waiting in the waiting room to go back! So excited!

Out of surgery!

I will be staying overnight . Not a lot of pain now. Sure pain will be worse a little later and next few days.

Doing good!

Pain level is a 1-2. Got Meds at 2pm. Doctor came in said surgery went great!

I'm home now!

The pain is worse today. Mainly soreness. Resting on the couch for most of the day ????

Less than 24 hours on the flat side!

Woke up early because I'm getting in comfortable laying on my back. I'm my opinion, I am draining a lot Left side more than right. Every 3-4 hours I get 25 ml from lt and 10-15 ml from rt.
Pain level is close to 0 when laying down. Up to about 7 when I have to get.
I think my kitties know I'm under the weather. They have been right by my side since I have been home.

My cats must know

That I'm a little under the weather. They haven't left my side since I have been home. One even slept on my belly last nite!

Pics without bandages

Pics

Day 2

Feeling a lot better!

I'm feeling a lot better after having bowel movement this morning.

I took my bandages off, washed ink marks off , sponge bath, and washed my hair! After a break, I put makeup on and bra and clothes on!

Went off a walk outside , first time being outside since I came home on Thursday !
After eating some lunch, I'm going to rest awhile. Don't want to start hurting. I don't have any pain sitting or laying, just getting up and down. Didn't really have any pulling spins when standing up and walking!

How can I delete some of my pics?

Does anyone know how I can take done of my pics off?

Feeling some better!

Saturday, I sponged bathed, tried to wash ink marks off my belly, went out and walked and went to a friends for dinner. By the time I got home at 9 , I was in a lot of pain. Had to take a pain pill to rest.
Today, I didn't do near as much. Only pain I think I was feeling today was constipation After I went twice today, I feel much better. Dont really think I'm swollen because of the tight binder.

Finally a real shower today!

Not taking a lot of pain Meds just tynenol and some muscle relaxers. Had a real shower today! Drainage has cut in half, hopefully I will be under 30 cc a day before Wed so I can have my drains removed. Here's a couple of pics. My incision and skin looks better than the pics.

Post op checkup today!

Well I get to keep my drains for another few days. My PS wants them th drain less than 30cc in 24 hr each. Mine are still draining more than 50 a day.
Next, he said I was very swollen. That's funny because I didn't know I was swollen at all and wondered why all you girls were. He said its normal and this is not my finall results of the surgery! Said I will get smaller! Woho!

Day 2 back to work!

I have an office job and was able to get back to work fast. First day I was tired and belly cramping by the end if the day. Just taking tynenol around the clock and some muscle relaxers in the evenings.

Drains finally out!

I took the drains out tonite. The PS give me instructions on how to remove them after draining was less than 30 ml each. Wow the part that was under my skin was 11 inches long!!
Still have pain in the middle of my belly by late afternoons. I guess that's the muscle repair.
Greensboro Plastic Surgeon

Hey how are u doing? Hopefully wonderful!!:)
I must be old as I forgot to add the information on how to remove pictures. Click on any of your photos that you wish to remove.  There's a spot somewhere where you click on EDIT.  After you click on EDIT the option to CROP, or REMOVE (and something else) pops up.  Just click on REMOVE and the picture disappears!  I've done it myself.  Unfortunately it's not possible to edit or remove any text that's already been posted.  Even the community manager can't do that for you as I've asked her to remove one of my posts called "why I don't wear tights" after I removed the photos.  Hope this helps.
I forgot to mention that my drain came out on day nine when it was still draining about 50 ccs.  I had a small seroma the following week which was aspirated with a needle and then again at my last visit to the surgeon on Nov. 1st when another ounce was aspirated.  Eventually all that fluid will be absorbed by the body but sometimes it takes up to six months or more.  I don't worry about it!
It sounds like you're doing extremely well!  I too have a sit-down job but find that sitting down for long stretches causes more swelling than when I'm walking around. I'm almost 8 weeks post op now and hardly have any swelling (or pain) anymore.  Maybe a little by the end of the afternoon but nothing too noticeable.  You look great!!  I like following the tall girls to see how they compare to my own body shape.
Wow that makes me feel more comfortable cause I do have an office job as well and I only request 2 weeks off. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.
Wow, there is no way I could of taken mine out myself! Im a big baby!
Lol idk I think I'm just a big baby! Mine hurt bout it only took a sec! And ya it was long I didn't know they were that long. Lol
Wow your such a trooper.......don't think I could have even imagined doing that myself
No, just cut on of the stitches below the drain and pulled it down and it just kept coming, I was like gosh how much of this drain is in me! Lol
Did it hurt
Good job healing;)
U look good! But plz take it easy.
You look so great! Congrats!
You look great! Happy healing!
Lookin good girl!
Look great!
Looking good!!!!
Looking good :)
Welcome to the flat side, gf!  You look like your doing pretty good.  I can't believe you were going out and eating at a friends house on day 3.  You are a warrior girl!  Wow.  But, please be very careful during your healing period.  You don't want to overdo it and then end up having problems. Your tummy looks so flat now.   HOW TO DELETE AN UNWANTED PIC OR EDIT YOUR REVIEW IN ANY WAY: 1.  Open your review.  2.  Click "edit" located at the top right hand corner.  3.  Mouse down to the picture you want to delete and click it open.  4.  Click "edit" located at the bottom right corner.  5.  Click "remove" located directly below the photo in blue letters.  6.  An "are you sure you want to...." box will appear, click yes.   Done! If you have any other questions about updating your review I will try to help you all I can. Happy healing!
Wow you are tough, I couldnt stay awake long enough at day 3 to even think about getting dressed or visiting. You look great, glad its going good. Happy healing :)
You look awesome! I love how thin and clean your incision looks! Take it easy and snuggle up with those precious kitties :)
i think you can edit them off...
Lookin gr8 chick:-) just take it easys to bebegin with:-) x
You seemed to be doing a lot better then me lol. I feel like I'm feeling better every day but very very slowly. I can't stand long and my back from the lipo hurt like hell. Lol I'm starting to get impatient. I'm not used to not do things on my own and it's driving me nuts. Ok well enough of my crying. Lol
Yes, I'm bored also! From couch to chair and walking around in the house ! My pain is when I'm getting up or down. Tomorrow I will have to go walk outside! I'm even tired of watching TV!