LASIK Was Expensive, Worthless for Me - Greensboro, NC

Following LASIK surgery, I could see 20/20 and was...

Following LASIK surgery, I could see 20/20 and was so excited as I was very very nearsighted. However, 5 years later, I am once again wearing contac lenses and glasses. Though my vision has regressed to the point it was initially, I am restricted to driving with them. I would NEVER have wasted $3400 if I had known I would once again be wearing contacs and glasses a few years later. I cannot financially afford to have the procedure repeated and probably wouldn't even if I could.

I had almost the identical experience. I loved my new vision at first, and when the vision started to fade, I had it re done. I now wear contacts and glasses again, and have the "floater" issues along with horrible night vision and halos.

Having said all of that, my vision without correction is still much better than it was pre op, so I would probably choose it again. At least my glasses are nice and thin now.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks so much Dr. Dornic for your kind offer. The experience has certainly left me less than happy with the results. : ( A blade was used to form the corneal flap initially and am wondering if this is also your method? Also, price is a concern. I will email you privately regarding these questions. Thanks again. Holly
Dr. Robert Selkin

This doctor has relocated to Tennessee and no longer practices in North Carolina.