Recovery is a beast but still glad I did it. - Greenbrae, CA

Pro's, self confidents and wearing clothes I...

Pro's, self confidents and wearing clothes I thought I couldn't never wear in this life time.
Con's, recovery time is slow and require lots of patients.
I wanted a TT for at least 10 years. I could never afford it. Had some life changing events which put me in a position to save. Money well spent, I can tell you that.

17 months later!

Just now started to get feed back on this site so I decided to update. Almost a year and a half later. Well what do you know. I'm not completed satisfied. After its all said and done I'm still left with some fat on my stomach. When I stand up its flat and when I sit down I have a roll. Kinda weird to explain. I'm still up and down with the swelling. Yes after this long. When I eat my stomach bloats and looks big. When I go out I try not to eat so my stomach can stay flat. My doctor suggest I work out more or to come in for some lipo. No way I'm doing anything else to my body. I walk and ride my bike but I guess I have to get down and dirty to totally flat. Even though I thought that is what I was paying for. On another note. My stomach does look way better than before because honey it was a mess. I know every woman is different so I don't compare myself with anyone. My friend who use the same doc was really flat and she don't even exercise. So you never really know if you will end up like the person that referred you. Ok that's my update.

Taking a new approach!

Hey, just wanted to give an update on what's going on with me. This pass week I decided to take a different approach. I eliminated meat and some carbs from my diet. I've been eating lots of fruit and veggies. I notice that I'm not getting all bloated like I was before. Actually I'm feeling a lot better and it seems like my body is finally at a healing place. I plan to exercise more and be nice to my body, as far as the things I put in it. I started taking a multi vitamin again and drinking plenty of water. Things are starting to look up. I will come back with updates and maybe add a photo. Still planning to see my primary to see what suggestions he has. Feeling good right now.

WOW ITS BEEN TWO YEARS. WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

Hey, it's been two whole years since my TT. It's been one year since I gave up beef and pork. What I realized is I didn't lose any weight but my health is awesome. No high cholesterol, no High Blood pressure etc. Feeling good even though a gained a few pounds which I'm working on getting off now. I'm more of a private person so I never post photos. I will post one today with my small weight gain. Work in progress! Need to work out more and firm up. Never giving up I spent too much money.
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

I was referred by a good friend. The whole surgery in general went very smoothly. Timing was excellent,friendly nurses,calls at home to check on me. Many follow up appts just to say, your looking good. The Doc was always there at follow up appts. He made it a point to have a reltionship with me. He spent time talking to my fiance while I was in recovery. he was just really hands on. I didnt really ask about the recovery time because I so excited that it didn't matter. Now realizing its a slow process but well worth it.

Also I did see that people got more insight on tt issue after seeing at interventional radiologist! Please let me know what you find out! Dr. Repta seem's to specialize in the complications and said he does phone consults in case you are wanting a second opinion! Couldn't hurt!
I appreciate that! I will talk with physician and see what we come up with. I don't want to talk to too many people because I will be all over the board. I'm doing ok with it and I'm hoping Im just taking longer than others to feel complete again. I also had muscle repair with TT. I will keep you posted.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you feel better soon! Glad I came across that blog and hopefully you get the answers you are looking for! Would love to hear how it goes! I had MR too with my tuck :-)
I sure will thank you.
Oh keep me posted with your recovery also. I would love to hear how well your doing.
I will defiantly check back in with you! I am still propped up on 9 million pillows waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Never heard of that but I most definitely will check it out. I have two friends also who has not had it either. Their doing just fine and stomach looks good. They both like 10 years post op or more so all they can say is I don't remember that. lol
Hi ronnie! I had my surgery on June 26th and Ugghhhh what a recovery! Been having issues with swelling. I'm ready to see my final outcome. Christmas can not get here soon enough! I also have needed someone to talk to that may be experiencing the amount of swelling that I am. Seems like most women on here had such an amazing recovery. So happy for them but I'm wishing I was more on the flat side!
Oh now I see it's been a year for you! Hopes your results are awesome!
Hi, this is funny because I never really got response from anyone when I was on the site. All of a sudden I'm getting messages. I'm not complaining but its almost like my post is finally showing. Anyway! Congrats on the new you. Honey let me tell you its been a journey. I wanted to an update but as I mentioned not really enough feed back to waste my time. So its only been a couple months for you so be very patient, for this can go on for a while. I'm 17 months out now. Not totally satisfied at this point. I'm still having up and down swelling. I haven't been working out heavy but I walk and bike on a regular basis. I have maintained my regular weight but I still seem to have fat on my stomach. Its flat when I'm standing but when I sit down I have a small roll. My doc can't explain why I swell off and on so I just stop asking. Saying it will get better in time. Then he said that extra roll when you sit down as to be worked on. Hello that was your job. I paid you good money to be completely flat. I haven't done any real ab exercises so I think its time to get with the program. Most the women on the sites are heavy into working out so results are amazing. I never been a gym kind of person. I had two children and my stomach was a disaster and I hated it. However if Im going somewhere and want to look good in my clothes, I don't eat. Girl as soon as I eat it seems like my stomach grows. My body is so weird and so different now. I will be happy to inform you with anything I've been through because when I needed answers nobody was really listening
Wow I can't believe you are still swelling 17 months out? I am only 5 weeks post op and reading this makes me scared to death! Panicked actually!
Yes its so weird because it feels like my muscles are contracting. My stomach will get really tight on different occasions. I could be eating or exercising and my muscles seem to expand. I have an appointment on Monday with my primary doc. I'm going to ask for a ultrasound to see if she notice anything different inside. I'm in no pain. My incision is healing excellent. Its just the weird off and on swelling. I hear a lot of doc hear saying that's not normal but what am I suppose to do when my surgeon says it nothing and will get better. I refuse to go under the knife again. I have some bloating a lot too. I'm laying off carbs and meat to see if the bloating goes away. If you check out youtube its lots of women talking about swell hell. One lady was even two year out.
I have heard of women having swelling years later but I know allot of women including my mom that don't have this issue! Do you think it's a pseudo-bursa? Sometimes if a seroma's gets undiagnosed it can cause swelling from built up scar tissue! Here is a link for you to check out; http://thetummytuck.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-is-pseudo-bursa.html?m=
I think I respond in the wrong spot. Check the top of page.
Ok that was some good information. I'm still not sure that is the problem. I read some of the blogs there. Most people was saying its a noticeable bulge or painful to touch. Then the ones that got the seroma's removed was still having problems. I can't imagine going through getting my incision cut open again. To scary! Its a dame crime that these surgeons don't want to fix the issues that arrives when your paying thousands of dollars for this. I will bring it up in my up coming check up and see what my doc suggest. Like I said before I'm not in any pain or discomfort. It's just weird for my muscles to kind of contract. I pray not to have to go under the knife again.