Ready for a New Start... - Greenbelt, MD

I've been lurking on this site for a min and I...

I've been lurking on this site for a min and I have been reading everyone's encouraging posts and I have finally decided to encourage someone else.

Where to start...? I am 21 years old, 5'1, 200 pounds, and tired of dragging around laundry bags. I am tired of too small bras, stupid looking button ups, and having to dress like my grandma when going out with my friends... lol!

I've had large breasts since I was 11... and I've been a G cup since i was 13. Funny enough they didn't start bothering me until I got to college. I started to notice back pains when doing things like sitting on my floor studying. I tried yoga, pilates, I lost weight, gained it back and no relief.

I finally ran into someone who told me about the surgery and how insurance would over it. So I went for it... I changed doctors, got referred to a plastic surgeon and 4 days after my consultation, I was APPROVED! I was amazed at how simple the process was.

So here I am, 2 days before my surgery, nervous, anxious, and super excited. Also Im a little disappointed that I have to prolong graduation for this surgery... but hey, c'est la vie right?

But anyway... Thanks to all who have posted and shared their stories... You were a bigger help than you know! I'll be sure to update soon!

Warning! please excuse the non cohesive run on...

Warning! please excuse the non cohesive run on sentences... im on winter break lol!

Hey everyone! Im 3 days post op and not in too much pain. i just feel uncomfy. I had a little bit of leakage on my bra when i woke up yesterday but i dried up. I also washed up yesterday and took the surgical bra off. That felt awesome. Overall I love the way the girls look. I look much smaller.... i barely recognize myself. I hate being restricted though! I cant do anything but sit, sleep, eat, and watch tv. Its getting booorrrinnng!!!! lol! I went to walmart with my mom today and that exhausted me. I never realized how big that store was. I've been trying to drink coconut water but its disgusting! blah! But minus all of the childish complaints... it was super worth it. I never realized how big of an effect my breasts had on my life! sheesh!

Some questions for the post op ladies:

Are you always tired? I take at least 2 naps during the day and then still sleep through the night.
Did you have any leakage early on?
Did you get a little bloated in the tummy area?

Hey Ladies... I am currently 18 days post op and...

Hey Ladies... I am currently 18 days post op and dealing with some wound separation. It is no bigger than a quarter and under the breast along the T portion. It started with incessant drainage... and now it looks like a deep hole. When i noticed the drainage i spoke with my PS and she told me it was normal... but this hole under my breast is far from normal so she will be receiving another phone call tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else dealt with wound separation? How did you all handle it?

I really need some positivity and encouragement... because all i keep thinking about is my breast falling apart. = (

General Physician

oh goodness..i hope you heal quickly,,i havent had mine yet so im not going to have your answer bugt i have seen that on this forum many times and most put bandage?polysporin and healed just fine,,a few had to go to wound care clinics..what did your ps say about it? I know when i have mine i will call my doctor every day if i have to..lol..good luck and keep us posted! *hugs*
I was very tired the first week. I never nap and I took multiple the first 4 days. I'm 2 weeks post op now and still get worn out easily. I had some leakage the first night home and have read that its very common, especially in the first week. Bloating is normal too. Some stool softeners may be required as the pain meds can bind you up and really bloat you. I'd get some of those an stay hydrated.
My grandma made me drink some warm prune juice and that did that loosened every thing up.
I'm 6 days post-op and have also been feeling very tired and bored. I sleep 9-10 hours at night and then take a 2-3 hour nap during the day! I was wondering if I was the only one. But as the other person said, it's major surgery and your body is using all your energy to heal.
Same here. But I guess it makes sense for the body to be using all of that energy.
Thanks for the info on tiredness 5 days post op and I'm exhausted beyond words... Thought something was wrong!
I think everyone is different I was tired for the first 4/5 days and I only had a very small amount of leaking for about 2/3 days I just placed a 4x4 gauze in my bra and it dried up within 48 hrs Everyone's journey is different I hope you have a great recovery and have a wonderful new year x
Thanks same to you! = )
To put things into perspective as my friend did for me: you were rendered unconscious with drugs, your chest was sliced open, your nipples removed, flesh cut out and removed and then you were stitched back up and woken up. Yes, you will feel tired!!! Fir several weeks you will not be yourself. Just imagine how hard your body must work to repair all that! I am 6 wks post op and i am so happy with my results. I only relaxed though once i realized that this was quite a big surgery, i will take weeks to months to completely heal, i need to listen to my body and just relax. Be patient, it will all be worth it. All the best for yr recovery!
thanks! thats a good way of looking at it!
Omg makes so much sense I've been thinking that I'm abnormal being soooo tired!

Good luck with your surgery! I hope everything goes well for you. :)