Cheek Implant: Everything Went Wrong - Greece

There is 9 days since rinoplasty with cheek...

There is 9 days since rinoplasty with cheek implant.I thought that the cheek implant would be a piece of cake in comparison to the rhinoplasty so i havent given it much though and research before the surgery.I was proved very wrong. Immediately after i woke up from surgery my left eye was half closed and more swollen than the other. My doctor came looked at me and said that surgery went perfect and that the swollen would improve in the coming days.

Next days turned out to be a nightmare as my left eye was hurting and was very swollen and kept me in bed with eyes closed for less pain. Simultaneously my left upper lip was totally numb which was a second big problem.I suspected that the left implant was planted wrong and too close to the eye In a week i visited the doctor again and as he saw me he immediately tryied with his hands to move the left implant more down something that caused my pain as i was still swollen at the time.He moved it slightly and tried then to steady it with some strip.Then he said come in a week to see it again. As i came home i start feeling the left implant moving towards my eye again.I run through internet to discover that the terino implant he had put in me was rumored to be too big.I couldnt laugh my face looked like if i was 100 kg (iam 76) my left upper lip was numb and i had a wrongly puted implant in my swollen left side.So i decided to take them both out asap.

Called my doctor and after two days had them both out which was the biggest relief and satisfaction i had from all this surgery. Asking him why it was wrongly placed he said that i may caused it when i was in anaisthesia !!! keep asking again he said it maybe happened because of the pressure of the body fluids of the swell !!!!(how can a symptom cause the problem?). Asking him what about my left upper lift numbness he said that it was caused because when a nerve gets too close surgical it maybe become numb and that it would fully recover after about 3-4 months. If anyone knows more about this nerve numbness it would help as i have lost any trust in his sayings as he tried to make everything look good. So consider it twice before making a cheek implant .

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

At least you doctor did not put the Cheek Implants in upside down an wake up to loud voices arguing about it over the surgery table. Dr Gentile in Ohio did a real number on my face also and now I suffer from blood clots in the eye. Were you able to make a comeback and a least your doctor realized their was a problem and removed them.

Hi Mario -- How are you now? Please come back and let us know how you're doing... better, I hope!

Dr. K.Papai

Even he had no experience in cheek augmentation with solid silicone implants he said nothing and sadly i had to discover it by myself