Neck Lift and Lower Face Lift

Surgery set for this Tuesday. My anxiety is so...

Surgery set for this Tuesday. My anxiety is so high I am thinking about canceling. I'm so afraid of not being presentable in two weeks (I have a very public kind of job, plus I am a local official so I am required to be very visible). I feel like I am being so self-indulgent. My husband is a dear but I have not told anyone else because everyone is so judgmental in this town. I want to look refreshed but not look like I had surgery. Worried about surgery (just in general), worried that I will look weird and everyone will know. Looking for reassurance that it will be ok. I know I sound incredibly whiny but I just needed to vent and you ladies can understand. I am trying to hard to relax but I just can't. I know I should feel excited but instead I feel so stressed.

Sooooooo I did it!

After much angst, I woke up this morning with my anxiety in check. I'm convinced that menopause had something to do with my less than usual stoic demeanor (my regular doc actually confirmed this). Pulled myself together and went through with it all! Had the surgery this morning and was home by 2. I think the worst part for me is waking up from anesthesia. Right now, I look like a Teletubby with all the bandages lol. Pain is tolerable - have only taken extra strength Tylenol but I am having my hubby fill my pain medication just in case. I really don't like taking them, but i don't want to get stuck in the middle of the night. Icing my face from the laser and under my chin also. Behind my ears is starting to ache so I think the swelling is increasing. Going back tomorrow to get drains out so I will get a better look. If I'm brave enough, I will post pics. Thank you ladies for giving me the courage to do this. I really don't know if I could have done it without reading all of your posts.

Feeling so much better....

Had my drains removed this morning - what a relief! Took a shower - ouch, the incision where the drains were really smarted but I got through it. So far, I've been able to use Extra Strength Tylenol most of the time. I did take Percocet in the middle of the night but that's been it and I probably won't use it again. My surgeon said everything looks good. I have to go back on Monday to remove my stitches. My face is pretty swollen - probably due more to the CO2 laser (I had it around my eyes and above my mouth. I 've been taking Arnica and Vitamin C like crazy. So far, I don't have much bruising but we will see tomorrow. I don't have to wear a compression garment but I'm still icing. I know I have a lot of healing to do.

I think boredom is the worst part!

I'm three days post-op. Not that this is a walk in the park, but I definitely feel better each day. I stopped icing and have been regularly massaging my head, face and neck to relieve the stiffness. I feel like it is really helping. My neck has turned a pretty shade of yellow and under my chin looks doesn't look great but that's because of the black stitching. I have even been gently massaging the area where my platysma muscle was stitched - that was the most sensitive spot for me and the pain has reduced greatly. The sides of my face are still pretty swollen but again, the massage seems to really help. I'm getting very antsy staying in the house but I did take my dog for a short walk tonight (in the dark lol). My face is peeling from the CO2 laser but it is looking better. Taking lots of arnica, Vitamin C and biotin. I've only taken extra strength tylenol since Wednesday morning. :)

Feeling great

Feeling great - I know I have at least a week before I can be seen publicly. Stitches come out Monday and bruising has to resolve. Will try to get a side pic up too

Day 9

As you can see, I have some uneven swelling and lumpiness. Not really concerned. I wear my hair long so it kind of detracts from the area. I have been out and about for days. No weird stares. I even have a thin tape over the under the chin scar which is healing nicely. My hairline stitches are healing great. Overall, I feel great! I have been massaging my neck area to try and decrease the swelling and bruising. The arnica and pineapple didn't seem to do the trick this time, but I feel like I am healing quickly I do feel a sort of pea like feeling in one portion of my neck near the platysmaplast and I think that's why I am swelling more on that side. Did anyone else experience this?