'Mommy' Makeover - Grand Rapids, MI

After reading so many expieriences I decided that...

After reading so many expieriences I decided that I will document my makeover here and hopefully help others in making their decision.

My surgery is scheduled for December 9 and while I am worried I am excited too! I did have one child when I was 17 (gave up for adoption) but my problems with extra skin stem from years of being obese. I have lost over 100 pounds and decided to do this for myself. I work out every day, I eat right and I just ran my first marathon so I think I have earned the right to feel better about myself :)

I will be taking before pictures this weekend and then will document every couple of days after the procedure.

Orlando and Christina,
sounds like you have great support systems. My Mom and BF have been a great support. He told me know or never and to go for it. I think it is so important for your significant other to offer that support. Just goes to show you they want the best for you.
Christina, I agree about this site. I am so grateful- it has really helped me realize that this is an important and worthy decision. I find myself on it all the time. I do really need to get out and run more, I am going to try to push myself. It can be so hard, I get up at 5:00am for work and leave by 6:20 with my youngest son. So I know that I can't get up in the morning and do it. But honestly it excuses. have to stick to evening runs or runs after work, prior to picking the kids up from daycare. My husband is also very supportive- probably tired of me dressing in my closet! LOL. He is the one that has encouraged me to find drs, make the appts, and look for pictures of how I want to look! If it weren't for him, I would probably still be dreaming of this.
Thanks Orlando! We have friends who live in Cape Coral and while we were in Key West in June I went for a couple of runs...wow was it hot and that was a 7am :) We had a really humid and warm summer here in Michigan but since I run early in the morning I was able to beat the heat most times. On my really long runs, 16 miles or more, I was stuck running as the morning warmed up and it got pretty miserable but you learn to keep on moving! Try a 10K, I bet you'll love it and want more! I ran my first half marathon in February and that happened to be in Florida too :) Amazing experience and enough so it convinced me to give the full thing a try! If you can get out there early, you'll beat the big time heat and it really does build your endurance as your body acclimates to the warmer temps! And thanks, my husband said the same thing. He said you worked your butt off to lose the weight so why shouldn't you feel better about yourself...he's a huge support system for me and has worked a ton of over time to help pay for this. I am so glad I found this site; I was questioning my decision but after reading so many great stories here and finding support, I know I made the right decision :)

Surgery is just three weeks away now. I scheduled...

Surgery is just three weeks away now. I scheduled this months ago and now I can barely believe it is almost here!

Thanks! My husband says the same thing when I get down on myself and start saying I'm fat because there is a shirt I can't wear because you can see my rolls. Funny how you can lose a ton of weight but when you look in the mirror you still see the person you were! I know logically that it isn't fat but my emotions sometimes get the best of me :) I bought these great Tommy Hilfiger shirts in Florida this year but they are very fitted around the waist. I wore one of them one day to work and the entire day I was uncomfortable because I just knew my rolls were visible. I am NOT going to miss feeling like that at all :) Ok so I came in from my run this morning and came straight to the computer to see if there were any new posts LOL I had better get in the shower or the girls at work are going to dislike me very much :P
What a big difference. You are going to look fabulous. There is definately nothing you can do about the extra skin. You are making a good choice to have the surgery and you do deserve it. I can't wait to see your results.
Guess I need to be patient :) Thanks!

My pre op appointment time was moved to 11am on...

My pre op appointment time was moved to 11am on Monday...can't wait! We paid for everything which makes it feel so much more real...I can't believe I am actually going to do this!

First let me say thanks! It hasn't always been easy but I am so glad I decided to get off my butt and do something about my weight. Second, don't you dare say you have ONLY lost 35 pounds. 35 pounds is a huge accomplishment and doesn't deserve to be described as only :) Back several months ago I was on the CNN website in regards to my weightloss. Well at that time I was in a size 2 and that was mentioned in the article. You should have seen the comments about my size, everything from great job to basically calling me a liar because there was no way at 128 pounds I could be a size 2...well since all of my pants said 2 I was pretty certain I wasn't lying LOL I tried to explain the whole muscle weighs more then fat thing but it was like beating my head up against a brick wall so I gave up :)
Wow Christina!!! I can't believe you went from a 20 to a ZERO!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I only lost 35lbs and I constantly tell myself that this is my gift to myself for losing the weight. I still have about 10 to go and it's really tough!! Hopefully this will motivate me!! I am so excited for you and Baby Blues... Only 11 days away...
I do too but I am trying really hard not to buy anything until after. I did buy a pair of jeans at Goodwill yesterday...yes I love bargain shopping :) I figured for $4 I wasn't really hurting anything buy getting them. On the upside I bought a size 0...the girl that was always the fat one, the girl that loved McDonald's a couple times a day, I bought a size 0 :) I was a size 20 when I started and my husband jokes that all I did was drop the 2 ;)

I went in for my pre op appointment today and feel...

I went in for my pre op appointment today and feel much more at ease about this whole cut my body up like an apple thing :P All my labs were great, we got the pictures done and she went over my questions with me. She said if I had any other questions I could call or come in or I could talk to her the morning of surgery. I have to check in at 6:30 on the 9th....OMG that is like next week!

Wow! That is great! I hope I hear something like that soon!
We have a program like that on our phones but I would have to take my phone with me on my runs, something I rarely do. It is bulky and I hate carrying things but on my longer training runs I did. My husband found me at mile 10 on my 16 miler and he had Powerade and chocolate LOL

It would be fun! Although when I told Mike I wanted to run in my sports bra in the summer (like I have seen so many other flat tummy women do) he said NO...he didn't want any other guys eyeing what is his :P I can't wait to buy one of those fitted running tanks, you know the ones that really curve in on the sides of the tummy? I have always wanted to wear one but never would because of my skin folds but you can bet your britches I am going to get one soon!
That is so funny about your hubby. My guy is a little protective too. I sometimes where lower cut shirts and it bothers him. He likes to keep it all for him and it bothers him if I get stared at. I am not sure how he will react when the girls are nice an perky

So here we are, just a day away from surgery! I...

So here we are, just a day away from surgery! I started my antibiotics today, not it really seems real. This weekend I went out and bought some cheap sports bras and I still had some granny panties in the drawer as I assume they are going to get yucky! I still have one more day of work and it will be crazy but that is good, it will keep my mind off Thursday. I check in Thursday morning at 6:30 and hopefully by 7:30 I will be headed in to surgery. That is the only part I am really scared about, being put under, even thought I have been through it four times in my life :)

Hey Christina,

Thinking about you and saying the prayers for you tonight!  You will come through just fine and look like one really hot mama!!

I will be excited to hear from you and see your pics.  This is it darlin...your day has arrived :)
I had a great dinner and a VERY bad for you desert :) I figured I won't be eating much over the next couple of days so I threw caution to the wind and went for it! I think today is starting to catch up to me, I'm getting very tired. I just have to get a few more things around for the morning and I am off to bed. I will enjoy sleeping on my stomach tonight...will be the last time for awhile!
Oh Christina!!
Have a fab dinner tonight and try to relax and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow starts the newest you! Thoughts and prayers are with you from all of us.

I am home :) The surgery took a little over 3...

I am home :) The surgery took a little over 3 hours and I was home about 1:30. Mike has been amazing! I am in pain but the meds help a lot. I am tucked in to bed with every pillow we have in the house LOL I ate a couple crackers and a little soup...why is it chicken noodle always sounds good when you feel like crap :) I appreciate so much all of you, knowing you are here makes me feel so much better! I have boobies and a flat tummy...not that I can really see anything right now but I have round mounds on my chest, a vast improvement from a few hours ago LOL

Sex...check. Rating out of ten? 6 for me...10 for him...it lasted a good 5 minutes.....lol....a marathon.
Christina..you thought u were the only marathoner....a word in my book. Had a few glasses of wine ....fun times.
Got a serious muscle spasm and kind of felt a little geriatric....like I should be with Hugh Hef.
I agree with Baby Blues, you are all hilarious. I come home after getting all these notifications of your conversations. I go through and read your back and forth convo and crack up at it all. At least I will know what to expect recovery wise and sex wise as well. I will have to pay more attention the next time I have sex to see if my muscles are working.
One of the talk radio shows in Orlando does an adult talk on Wednesday mornings. Instead of saying the word SEX, the say "going to the movies". The first time I heard, it confused the hell out of me. However, it is a riot to listen to.
Today at work there was a mini party. I ate one cookie. Felt very proud of myself. Then I went back and grabbed three oatmeal cookies (felt horrible). I hope you are all feeling better and enjoying the meds!!!!
OMG! You are all a riot. I am with Christina the PAIN! Getting a case of giggles is not a good thing. I don't even want to think about sex yet. This too shall pass.

Day 3 and I feel pretty good! Not that I am ready...

Day 3 and I feel pretty good! Not that I am ready to go run laps or anything but I can walk from the bed to the couch so that is progress. We took the bandages off my breasts today and it felt so good to get that tape off my skin. We put four by fours back over the nipples just to protect them from rubbing against the bra. I would really like to see my stomach but I am scared to remove the binder completely; I may just wait until my post op on Wednesday.

I've alternated between my two pair of flannel pjs and a lighter pair when I get sweaty. Sorry to you cold weather folks, but it was 78 degrees here today. Going out it's Juicy velour pants. The only place I've gone is the doctor and my son's school concert. I wear granny panties over my my crotchless garment. It's a lovely sight.

That freezing torture thing sounds dreadful. My experience was just like your Christina- warm blankie, arms out, quick shot and bye-bye.... Jen- did the standing prep seem to make a difference? Less swelling or bruising?

Babyblue you are going to get through this phase soon enough and then just enjoy your new hot bod.
I have been in the same pants since Thursday morning, time for a change. I haven't worn underwear for three days either, it was just easier when I had to go to the bathroom! I will wear a pair of work out pants to the doctor on Wednesday but that is just so I don't offend anyone there LOL
Just reading about the drug stuff. My doc wants me to start cutting back on the oxycodone already. He said to do extra strength tylenol during the day. Use the heavy stuff at night because that is when you internalize everything and it seems worse. I didn't take anything before hand and I don't have a muscle relaxer and I won't be taking the other stuff at all that was awful today. I am hoping for a good day tomorrow.

I cannot wait for Monday to get some of this stuff off of me. I am dying to see my tummy but I am puffy and swollen in places I never dreamed of. I couldn't fit into my yoga pants when I left the hospital. My thighs were huge. I came home in my PJ's thank God they fit. Slowly I am less puffy. I hope I can fit in yoga pants on Monday.

Sunday Day 5 - I kind of go in and out of feeling...

Sunday Day 5 - I kind of go in and out of feeling good and not so good. I am still on the pain meds although I am going longer in between taking them. I would say over all that recovery is going along well but is a day to day progression and can't be rushed!

thank you ladies! I am HOME :). Meds are keeping me sleepy. Getting up and down is challenging - but not anything I can't stand. My tummy looks so very flat, I have happy! Miss keeping up with you.
Yay you're home and ok! Now get some rest and update your review when you feel up to it.

Glad to hear this Daffy...whew.  Had me worried there.

Rest, medicate, fluids, more medication and update us soon.

The tubes came out today and I feel so much...

The tubes came out today and I feel so much better! The left breast came out much harder then the right breast and abdomen; good thing that one was the last :) I am very swollen both in the breasts and tummy. My tummy is not quite as flat as I was hoping, the keloid scar that she removed (I had for years) gave her more problems then she thought it would. Even so, I know I can do some tightening of my own via exercise and I have plans on doing just that! My breasts look good although she said if the right one does not drop as much as she thinks it should she will go back in and reposition it. Not a big deal she said, just an inch incision and I will be back at work the next day! We will just keep an eye on that breast and see how it goes. She said the fluid could have moved the implant because it does not look like it did after the surgery. I personally think it has dropped in just the last few days but we will see what happens over the next few months. As for activity she said I have to listen to my body and take it day by day so that is what I am going to do!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Added 6 days post op pic!

Added 6 days post op pic!

Oooooo I can't wait to see them! Isn't it awesome to love looking at your new bod and not be grossed out
You are vey very lucky to feel that way about your husband and that he feels that way about you too! Cherish it! Yes, my turn soon but it still feels like a lifetime away. I'll be on the lookout for those pics!
I posted a picture but my update hasn't shown up yet. If it still isn't showing tomorrow I will try again :) I think I do now that I can move around and just the look on my husands face when I put on that pink sweater...yep that made me very happy! Almost your turn missy :)

Day 7 - Got up this morning and slept on the...

Day 7 - Got up this morning and slept on the couch; it allows me to sleep more on my side. I did sleep pretty good last night and I slept on my back but I am kind of a side/stomach sleeper so I will be glad when I can lay in a position that is more comfortable to me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Today was my first shower in a week and it felt...

Today was my first shower in a week and it felt wonderful! Mike helped me wash my hair and he washed my back too. I just stood under the hot water and didn't want to move. He gave me a couple of sponge baths over the past week but nothing beats a real shower!

Wow, Christina -- what a transformation! You look fabulous.

CHRISTINA, what a nice suprise to see those pics tonight your alot more toned than alot of the really young moms i know i can see a bikini coming on that body!!!!
Thanks Christina, you are such a great motivator. You are right- it is up to her. Once I picked the PS- then I got serious about my eating habits. I can say that I NOW eat healthier than the average American. However, before I changed my eating habits- I thought I was a realistic healthy eater. I am on week three of my diet and have noticed such a change with my energy, and my weight. I have only lost 5 lbs and still pretty stagnant at only those 5lbs. I hope you are right about flying through the surgery like it is nothing. Reading about the pain you guys go through, nausea, constipation, etc... has been scary. I won't change my mind about the surgery but it can be daunting to think about it. Honestly, since booking my apt. All I have thought about is this surgery and I have such a a long time till it happens. I know time will fly- but its driving me crazy. Today at work I wore a lose skirt and I could feel my flabby belly resting on my legs. I was cringing. I look forward to being in your shoes and enjoying the new body!

Day 8 - I got up this morning and decided it was...

Day 8 - I got up this morning and decided it was time to get on the scale; I was shocked to see my weight was right where it should be. I'm a bit concerned about my fat percentage which did go up a bit; that tells me I have lost a little muscle over the past week. Starting Sunday though I begin going to the gym to start walking on the treadmill. I thought about going outside but was afraid I would slip and fall so the TM it is! I noticed something else this morning, my abdomen looks a little less swollen which makes me feel much better. The abs are still tight when I stand straight but with each day I notice a bit more improvment with that. I may try my first outing by myself since surgery, a small trip to the grocery store for a few things we need :)

New pic

Ok with all this talk of pole dancing and sexy dresses- I'm going to have to go on HRT and get some more estrogen flowing through this body!

I just broke down and ordered 3 pairs of panties from VS online. I'm dying for this swelling to go down!

Christina- yes wait until just before your trip to try suits on. The man package is definitely not attractive!

And LOL imagining Kimmers talking about the pole in the bedroom with her son! I think my son would run right out of the house. I wonder if he even knows what a pole is? He's about to turn 15....am I being naive?

LOL...oh he knows what the pole is!!  Trust me on that one..  I have had a house full of boys for years now and some of the conversations I over heard were crazy.   From the time they turn about 12-13 it is all about the penis.   I use to find VS magazines and Sports Illustrated Swim Suit issues in the boys bathroom at an early age so they know....they start studying early.

Yes his face was pricless...now he just looks at me and shakes his head and says "really mom" that is just wrong.  LOL...parents revenge..hehe!  I bet he won't come knocking on our bedroom door when it is closed.

Thanks Daffy :) I felt pretty good putting on that dress and the great part is there were no rolls, and I'm still swollen! I put on another sun type dress I got from there too and well, lets just say that my husband was having a hard time containing himself...and I loved it!

Day 10 - We went to the gym this morning and I...

Day 10 - We went to the gym this morning and I walked on the treadmill. It wasn't a marathon and it certainly wasn't fast but it felt good! At first my abs were a little tight but as I kept moving they loosened up and everything came together. I know I have to work on the walking before I can run again but I am itching to get out there and pound the pavement :) I have noticed a big decrease in swelling of my abdomen but no drop in the right breast. I have an appointment at the end of January to recheck that implant and see if it has dropped to where it should be and my fingers are crossed!

I ate crackers and toast, then some peanut butter on the toast...then wheaties. My husband cooked and I ate what I could- brown rice, veggies, potatoes. Salmon was yummy. Meats were too hard to chew and digest.
I drank muscle milk light shakes, nibbled on toast. Bought some low sodium soup. Did eat some weight watchers ice cream. Still not much appetite except for comfort food. ( I did enjoy some baked sweet potato)
To be honest, for the first couple of days I didn't eat anything other then crackers and toast. Once I was feeling better I stuck to chicken and anything that was kind of bland; my stomach couldn't even handle coffee. Once feeling better I started eating more oatmeal and oatbran, both hot and filling. It wasn't until a couple days ago that I felt my system could handle pizza. Oh, one thing that I did ok with was ice cream, just plain vanilla. Once I did use some of my chocolate whey powder to make a shake...that was yummy!

Day 12 - I went to the gym and did a half hour on...

Day 12 - I went to the gym and did a half hour on the Arc trainer and 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. The Arc was set at the easiest level and still my heart rate went up quite high but I was ok with that. I paid attention to how my abs felt and although they got a bit tight, there was never a point where I felt like it was painful and I couldn't keep moving. The breasts felt a little sore at first but that was because I used the arms on the machine so it forced those muscles to work a little bit too. Again though, it was never painful or unbearable. With each day I feel like I am getting back in to a normal routine!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Sorry I have not been "on". I have just read through your comments and are glad you are doing well. Be careful not to over-do. I am having a problem with that too. Have had kids and grandkids at our house, everyone was so much help! I did a great deal of "instructing" while the others did the actual cooking of our traditional holiday meal. I even had my son-in-law helping! I did not do any dishes or set the table..... I did hold my seven week old grand daughter a lot though!
I got sexy panties, from my husband, in my Christmas stocking (In front of everyone....my kids (ages 31,29 and 26 all turned bright red!)

I have felt mostly good but all the holiday activity this week has exhausted me, even though I really tried to let everyone else do so much of the work and I also had done everything I could ahead of time.
Trust you all had lots of help too and are planning on getting lots of rest tomorrow! Good Night!
Gracey, I think that is amazing!! I dont know how old you are, but I think it is awesome that you and your hubby can bubble over each other that much when you have older kids. It means you weathered the rough waters of marriage and have laid such an amazing example for your kids!!
I think it is so good for kids to see their parents affectionate with eachother (except Kimmers teenage boy...I could see him completely embarrased). My daughters just giggle and smile when my hubby and I kiss and hug on each other. I never saw that as a kid.
Hi JenBob! I am over 50, but feel much younger, especially now.It is good for them to see us still so affectionate after all these years. We have always been affectionate (and neither of our parents were) but with my 80+ pound weight loss and tummy tuck, we are having so much fun enjoying my new body that I know that our kids are happy for us but have that "TMI" feeling often. I so much want my daughters and daughters-in-law to be happy with their bodies. I have told them all that I would help them pay for PS, if and when they want it. (they are all left with loose skin after pregnancies.) I am so glad so many women are doing this after they are finished having children; not waiting 20+ years.

Day 18 - We went shopping today and I bought a ton...

Day 18 - We went shopping today and I bought a ton of new sweaters and shirts. It is amazing how good I feel about myself now that I don't have this ugly fold of skin and breasts that were dubbed the National Geographic boobs by my PS :) Added a new picture too!

Hey what type of Flexee do yall have? I was looking online and have no clue what I would get.
I looked at flexees today and I didn't know which one to get so I got none. My garment is still pretty comfortable but it has hooks and zippers so when I sleep on my side in it the hooks press into my hips. I think tonight I'll sleep in my spanx that goes from high waist to mid thighs.
Great picture Christina!!! You look fantastic! I am sure you feel like a whole new person. I have been wearing a Flexee for months! I discovered them when I needed to wear a dress to a party and it helped so much. I am sure i will be equally addicted to wearing them after my surgery.

Again, congrats on that amazing new body... please keep the pictures coming!

Day 20 - My second day back to work and so far so...

Day 20 - My second day back to work and so far so good. I am more sore then I was at home but I am also climbing stairs more so I think that could be why they hurt more. I worked out for an hour this morning and felt great afterwards. I found that if I sit on the weight bench and put my elbow on my thigh, I can lift a 10 weight and not engage my abs :) I can feel my body losing valuable muscle and it is driving me crazy! On the 9th I get to try running again but I will have to start slow and build back up to where I was!

Probably just depends on what you feel comfortable wearing. I don't know the Veronique brand but someone else here might.
JenBob likes the Veronique.
No! It is actually pretty comfortable other then pushing my abs in. The straps ride up the sides of my breasts but don't bother them at all.

Last day of my first work week. It was tougher...

Last day of my first work week. It was tougher then I thought it would be but I feel good about being back on some kind of normal schedule again!

Gracey, good for you hope you come out of there feeling like a million bucks if you get that baby post us a pic!!
; ) Will do.
Omg, went shopping and saw the cutest two piece bathing suit today. Wish I had the nerve to try it on, but have decided that I am going back to the store tomorrow and try it on.

30 days since surgery and today was my first...

30 days since surgery and today was my first attempt at running. Not only did I run but I ran 5 miles :) Not at the speed I was running prior to surgery but I don't think it will take me long to get back to that. I wore my binder and am glad that I did. My breasts were a little sensitive to the bouncing, even with the heavy duty sports bra I purchased, but it was more of a pressure then pain. Within a few minutes they felt great and my body fell in to a nice easy stride! I want get some updated pictures tonight too.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Well here I am at nearly 6 weeks and I can't...

Well here I am at nearly 6 weeks and I can't believe how well I am healing. I started running again a week ago and am already back up to 7 plus miles. I won't be running any marathons soon but you can bet I will be running the GR Marathon on October :) I still have some jiggle around my belly button but I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I will never have this perfect abdomen that you see in magazines. The fact of the matter is I spent too much time being 100 plus pounds over weight and I did major damage to my body. The doctor did what she could to reverse that but years of abusing my body can't be wiped away that easily. I have noticed that over time I am tightening up and getting even more shape! I love my new body and when I feel down I look at my before pictures, what a major difference! I think it was totally worth it, I have this whole new confidence that I didn't have before and let me just say, this girl can rock a tight sweater :) I will be posting updated pictures soon!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

New pictures. I shouldn't have worn the black...

New pictures. I shouldn't have worn the black bra, it makes it harder to see my breasts. I still am having problems with the right implant being to high. I have an appointment next week with my doctor so we will see what she wants to do then.

Thanks Shaz! Hey, was it you that I was talking to about finding a spinning class?
I love the new pics! You look great!
I had a warden too LOL

So I had a follow up appointment today and Dr. V...

So I had a follow up appointment today and Dr. V was very happy with how I am healing. She is still not satisfied with my right breast implant being up higher then it should and she would like to do a little revision work on my abdomen. Nothing major and both can be done together. She will cut a small incision under my right breast and pull that implant down and then a small incision on my left side to tighten down the area next to my belly button which she believes can be tighter. She also said she may do a slight bit of lipo on that area as well. I am planning on getting this done after my trip to Florida in March so it will be nice for Cancun. The side where it is still to puffy for her liking is the same side where she fixed the old surgery scar I had so this is not too surprising. Also, it is nice that she recognized the same trouble area I did, this makes me feel so much better about the entire process. I think she is great!

HEY CHRISTINA, good luck on the race in Florida hope you win and be sure and show off that new beach body let us know how your trip went will be tuning in next week for a update:-)
Thanks! She said there is really no down time with this because the incisions will be so small. That is good because I have a big race on May 14 :) Then the weekend after that we leave for Cancun! I agree with your doc, no sense paying extra money when you are going back in less then a year for another surgery.
I am so sorry I am just now replying to this. I am flying to Florida on Friday so between home and work I feel like I am losing my mind LOL

I am having it done on March 31. She is adjusting my right implant because after surgery swelling pushed it up higher. You really have to look at it to see that it is not even with the other breast...my left breast looks great and I would like a matching set :) Then she wants to tighten up the left side of my abdomen. I had a pretty good sized scar on that side and she did an amazing job removing it but the skin didn't lay as flat as she would of liked it to. She is also going to do a little bit of lipo there to see if that helps flatten it out a little more. More then anything though my breast bothers me the worst and I want to be able to show them off in Cancun in May LOL

It's been a little over three months since surgery...

It's been a little over three months since surgery and I feel great! I ran my first race since surgery yesterday and not only did I feel fabulous running it but I felt incredibly sexy! For the first time I wore a fitted running tank top and I knew I had the body to pull it off! That made going through surgery and recovery worth it to me :)

Hi there Shaz! I am doing really well. I had the revisions right after I got back from Florida where I ran a race with friends. I took about a week off from running but was crosstraining a couple days after. I am very happy with how everything turned out.

How did the half go? How did you feel? I've run a 15k and 25k since surgery in December. In fact I ran the 25k 12 minutes faster than last year...never saw that one coming! I couldn't even start to seriously train until February so I was very happy :)
Hey Christina! How are you doing since your revision surgery? Did you have to take another 6 weeks off from running? I ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago in VA..first long race since surgery last Oct! It felt great!! Hope all is well!
Aww well I'm glad to hear u are doin well, I'm doin great:) thanks iam **almost 3 months now and lovein it! I need to get back to my work out so hard w work and everyday chores! But my goal is to loose 10 pounds! I'm pushin it lol newys I'm happy to hear year done w ur sx nd it went well, do u love it?

Well here I am six months post op and I feel...

Well here I am six months post op and I feel amazing! Yes I know, I need to get some updated shots of the breast and belly; I promise to get that done soon!

Thanks Kim :)

WOW - look at you!!!  Love the new pics:)

You look awesome! Congrats on your weight loss!
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

So far I have been very happy with everyone at the doctors office. Dr. Vagotis is very nice and does like to crack the occasional joke :) She is very professional and to the point on what you need and what she can do for you. The staff, and especially Annette, were great. The recovery nurse was very comforting and helpful. I went to Dr. V because someone else I know had used her and I am glad I did. Update - Had follow up appointment today and would highly recommend Dr. Vagotis!