New Me in 2013-Scheduled for 1/29 - Grand Rapids, MI

I really like reading the blogs on this website....

I really like reading the blogs on this website. It is so nice to see women being real about themselves, their body and how they feel. So here is my story.
I am 37. I have two girls; 17 &13. I was married for 13 years and one day, my husband looked at me, and told me he no longer loves me, he is not passionate about me and he left. I later learned that he thought my stomach is disgusting and that is why he left. Naturally that broke my heart. I have spent the last year of my life exercising, dieting and trying to live healthy. I am trying to find myself. Although I believe I have a good handle on my innerself and I believe that I am beautiful on the inside, I am ready to be beautiful on the outside. I am scheduled for surgery on 1/29 with Dr. Bengston, one of the best plastic surgeons in the nation. I am so blessed to be in his hands, I trust that he will do a remarkable job. My only fear is going under... is this a normal fear? I am so excited to have a new me. I know that 2013 is going to be the best year yet.

Here are two before pics of me... sooooo embarrassing, but this is the best way to keep it real. I just hope that my results will be amazing and noticable. Just over one week!!! :o)

So tomorrow is my big day... yup I am nervous. I...

So tomorrow is my big day... yup I am nervous. I am not worried about my results, I have one of the best surgeons in the country and I am not really even worried about recovery... what scares me the most is being put under. Ugh! I guess if I die... what a peaceful way to go, right?
My mom was suppose to bring me tomorrow morning, and in typical mom fashion she is not going to show up to bring me so I have to scrounge around for a ride. So far I am off to a great start! LOL
I believe I am ready to go, no drinking after midnight, or eating... I am sure I will be wishing for coffee in the morning.
Anyway, wish me luck. This time tomorrow, I will be on the flatside, and well on my way to recovery.

Today is day 1 post op.definatley in pain but...

Today is day 1 post op.definatley in pain but tolerable as long as I am not moving. Yesterday I had the hiccups 10 different times. Talk about painful... I found out the hiccups were from my pain reliver so no more pain relievers for me. I would rather go without pain medicine then have those awful hiccups. I moved from sleeping in my recliner to my bed and it feels good to be in bed. I can't wait for the pain to subside.....in praying for soon. Other then the hiccups, no other complications... Knock on wood. I am afraid to take off my binder and I am not standing straight yet. I'm hoping by Friday. I will feel signifiacantly better.

Today is day 7 post op. I am healing nicely,...

Today is day 7 post op. I am healing nicely, however I feel like I have a way to go. A few things that I went through, that I have not read in anyone else’s profile, as soon as I came home, my first 24 hours I had hiccups 10 times. They were painful on my diaphragm, but not on my stomach muscles. It was uncomfortable. Then day 3 and 4 I had to cough for two days to cough up phlegm and my throat kept tickling. Apparently this was from my airway being irritated during anesthesia. I am very bloated and will be for a few weeks. However I am thinking this has been worth it. My stomach and figure is 100% better after surgery and I know things will only improve from here.
I wish I did not have to sleep on my back every night. I cannot wait until I have full mobility and can sleep in any position. My legs are feeling week, I cant wait to start working out again.
Oh, another thing I noticed. My stomach feels full so much faster then it ever has. I can only eat about 1/2 the amount of food I use to. It appears having my muscle fibers sutured together has brought in all my organs and now there is not enough room for my stomach to expand. I think this may be a wonderful side effect. I just need to start adjusting my food portions.
I will post some after pics in a couple days, when I am feeling a little bit better.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

He is so kind. I felt very comfortable with dr. B. he is the best doc intown