Finally Got the Courage and SO Worth It! - Grand Rapids, MI

I'm 46 and never had fillers -- only botox. I...

I'm 46 and never had fillers -- only botox. I noticed my facial features changed quite dramatically in the past four years -- upper 1/3 loss of volume mainly. I was uncertain which filler would be best for what I wanted to achieve and decided to trust my doctors opinion. He offers three different fillers in his office. He said that he mainly noticed loss of volume in my cheeks and said Radiesse would correct this the best (over juvaderm and boterlla). I also wanted to address smile lines and vertical lines around my upper lip, but because I'm currently wearing orthodontics he said he would rather wait until that is out of my mouth as it creates "false volume". So, I trusted my doctor and decided to do one thing at time.

I was also afraid of bruising and swelling -- more fear of the unknown than anything else.

So within five minutes I had at least five years back -- and I really loved the results -- especially for the price. Even my doctor was like "wow, that made a huge difference!" I think he was surprised, too! I had a 40 minute drive home and even when I got home I really noticed a big difference and not much bruising.

To the above post, I made a typo and accidentally...

To the above post, I made a typo and accidentally posted this review before spell checking and adding photos! *Belotero*!
Also, I did experience what I would describe as a sinus-like face ache about two hours after the injections. I would contribute this to the natural swelling that I was told would occur as my body accepted the Radiesse...and it's high allergy time where I live and I'm taking my Allegra every day, so perhaps I'm more sensitive at this time. Took some advil and it relieved the discomfort. I can tell when I smile big that my cheeks feel fuller (i can feel the filler), but I don't mind!
I wish I had done this sooner...and I'm sure I'll be going back to take on other areas of my face as I can.

I am having radiesse on 8-31 in my cheeks to build up hollows between sides of nose
and apple of cheek area. I am very nervous yet excited. how severe is swelling and bruising?

I can feel it --- especially when I smile big (tonight). And I can feel it with my fingers when I wash my face -- I think I have some swelling still, so I am looking forward to the next few days to see how it improves.
thanks!
Shoot, I see that I have two photos that are the same --- anyway to delete those so I can repost so that it's not confusing?

Now that the minimal swelling has subsided where...

Now that the minimal swelling has subsided where the filler was placed, I'm more than thrilled with my choice. No one has noticed that "I've had anything done" and I look fresh and more rested. I can no longer "feel" the Radiesse product unless I really palpate that area. I look natural and I love it.
How many syringes did you use?
Radiesse really made her cheeks look great, and made her look so much younger. Radiesse is a great filler when injected by a very experienced doctor or plastic surgeon.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Ringler because he is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I also chose a board certified plastic surgeon over two other doc's (my dermatologist and another MD) I had consults and Botox with in the past year. I just really felt that this made a big difference in my overall confidence level with having the injections correctly placed. Would recommend my doctor to anyone -- I appreciated his conservative approach and the whole office staff is terrific as well.