happy here- Grand Rapids, MI

I have wanted a breast reduction for a few years...

I have wanted a breast reduction for a few years now for the same reasons as many on this forum have stated. My husband wasnt buying into this and liked them "just the way they are". Well I held on and stayed firm. He is very supportive now but thinks they are a bit small lol. I think they are just right. I will add more when I figure out how to post before and after pics.

my journey to a decision

When I was young I didnt want boobies, then teen years had alot of attention because they were large and as I got older the attention became annoying. I had several unwanted advances because Im nice to people and of course men see this as a come on and the first thing they would joke about or even comment on was my breasts. As I got older they got larger and hung more. I had to have an illeostomy a few years back due to crohns and that took a toll on my self esteem. When I decided to have this done it was mainly for my neck and back but after I realized it really boosted my self esteem. My husband totally loved my "old" boobs but I think once they are healed and soften some he wiill see how it has helped bring my confidence back and love them to because whats they saying "Anything more than a handful is a waste" lol I will post a before and after picture soon.

before and after pics

Updated photos 4 weeks after surger and before

Boy last night I slept really good. Im just going to take it easy today. Yesterday I wore a bali bra. They are really comfortable and don't irritate the incisions. But they don't support like the compression bras do so Im a bit tender. My marty nipple is really sensitive so I try to keep a pad on that one at all times until it settles down. I haven't started putting any antiscaring cream on yet as the PS said to wait until after the full 6-8 weeks after he makes sure they are healing well inside and out. I am a really slow healer since I have crohns it tends to slow the healing process down for me. Oh and I have trouble keeping hydrated because of the illiostomy and Im not very fond of water, I would rather drink tea... So with that said I think I will get my big glass of water and drink it quick so I can get on with some tastier beverages..lol This weekend I plan on cracking my expensive bottle of Riesling for the hubby and I although he will probably have a screwdriver.

tired week

This week started good. We had our anniversary and I asked my husband when he wanted to see and touch the new girls. He said when they are done cooking. Lol he has seen them but only with bruising and steristripes he said they still look to sore. I still have some bruising on my right breast. I see the ps intwo weeks and going to ask him about it. It may be just some pooling of old bloodthat needs to be reabsorbed. I will post pictures in a couple days.

doctor doctor

I have a drs appointment in the morning and will ask him about the flat spot on the left side im trying to be up beat but its hard some days I had a seroma and now that its gone there is a flat spot I also still have bruising on the right. I just think I'm expecting to much too soon

doctors words

Went to see the dr and he said that the flat spot should round out and said give it time but if after 4 to 6 months out it hasnt reolved itself he will do a fat transfer and I know just where he can take it from.. lol

scar looking better

I used a beeswax like stuff called surgeons skin on my scars last night and this morning you can see a definite improvement. This stuff is what I used when I had hand surgery it is what the surgeon recommended. It reduces the appearance of scars plus it softens and heals it quicker. JAMARKLABS.COM

here we go..

Im heading back to the doctor to get the flat spot checked. I believe I will need a revision. Im really sad about this as my sons wedding is coming up and was hoping all would be done by then. The doctor spoke of fat transfer has anyone heard of this? How about long term effects. The right looks well proportioned. My husband is not happy with the left breast. Im not sure if he is still afraid to touch them because he dont want to hurt me or what. Im really worried it will never look natural again.

updated pic

I was trying to capture the flat spot.

not quite yet

Went to the drs office and he told me to wait until August and come back in to see him about the flat spot. I will post more picture and hope to get some good feedback to what or how I should approach this as it is just toomuch of a size difference for my liking. I am happy with the right breast size. I know they cant be totally symmetrical but I would hope closer than what they are.
Michigan Plastic Surgeon