51 Yrs Young! Finally Doing Something for Myself! Grand Rapids, MI

My surgery is one week from today! I am sooo...

My surgery is one week from today! I am sooo excited. And of course a little nervous too!

I just typed a big review and my phone died and I lost my story! $#%^! Lol

I am currently a a full DD. 38 DD. hoping to be a C cup. I am only 5' 2" and these knockers are just to big! All I see are bOObs when I see pictures of myself. It was not easy for me to take naked photos of my breast and post them! BUT I am glad I did. I know reading all these posts over the past few weeks have calmed my nerves and answered a lot if questions! Thank you to ALL who have contributed to this site. It is truly a blessing for me.

Measure before Surgery.

3 more days and I am so excited!

My daughter and I went to the local mall today and I went into Victoria Secrets to get measured professionally before my BR. They said I was a 42 DD. I have serval VS bras that are 38 DD and the gal told me that the number can go up and down depending on the stretch etc. all my bras are 38 so whatever. :)

I was a B cup in high school and a C cup in my 20's. I became a D after my first child and they stayed large even when I lost weight. Of course now that I am in my early 50's my weight is not where I want it to be! My doctor told me that having a BR will probably help me lose weight. He said that most women will lose weight because they will be more confident and not so weighed down by the breasts. I plan on dieting and eating better so I can feel better about the rest of me.

Before Photo

Day before surgery...

The day before my surgery and I am pretty calm. I am more excited and I have waited do long. I had my daughter take done before pic with some oft shirts that ate to small in the bust area.

I will post after pics wearing the same shirts to compare.

Going to make a nice dinner tonight with some wine. I figured since my daughter and husband will be waiting on me for the next week I would do something nice for them.

Here I go...

Leaving now for the surgery center! Hard to believe this day has finally come. So happy and a little bit nervous. :) see you on the other side!

The Other Side!

I did it! I am feeling great. Hubby took me straight home afterwards and I slept. I have been taking the pain pills regularly to keep up on the pain. No nausea at all. My PS used dissolving stitches so I can take a shower 24 hrs after surgery. Then I can get my first look at e
The new me!

First Look

Well I just got my first look! They are swollen but small and perky! Love them already!

I have quite a bit of blood seepage on my right breast so I am seeing the doc early in the morning tomorrow. I am not that worried but glad to get it checked out.

Rest and more rest

Saw the doctor this morning and everything is ok. Today has been a lazy day. I am taking my Norco on a regular basis and napping.

Feeling down

I have been feeling a bit down today. I know it is natural to feel this way after surgery and laying around doing nothing. I removed my bandages to take a quick shower this morning and I was more swollen bruised today then The day after surgery. I know that this is also not uncommon. Still I don't like it! Tomorrow is another day. Going to the doctor at 2:15 for my post op.

Post op appointment

Had my post op today. I have a blood blister in the T area under my left breast. I have to keep bacitracin cream on it and hopefully it will just go away on its own. The good news is I get to throw away the uncomfortable surgical bra! What a relief to get that thing off! My husband took me out to eat and then I went and bought some new Bali no wire comfort bras. I will get some sport ones tomorrow. Feeling very tired! I think I did too much today.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ringler is a true professional. Kind, patient mad really listens to what you want. He also is very honest with his opinion of what he thinks is the best for you. Everyone at his office is truly wonderful and has made my journey pleasant and comfortable.