51 Yrs Young! Finally Doing Something for Myself! Grand Rapids, MI

My surgery is one week from today! I am sooo...

My surgery is one week from today! I am sooo excited. And of course a little nervous too!

I just typed a big review and my phone died and I lost my story! $#%^! Lol

I am currently a a full DD. 38 DD. hoping to be a C cup. I am only 5' 2" and these knockers are just to big! All I see are bOObs when I see pictures of myself. It was not easy for me to take naked photos of my breast and post them! BUT I am glad I did. I know reading all these posts over the past few weeks have calmed my nerves and answered a lot if questions! Thank you to ALL who have contributed to this site. It is truly a blessing for me.

Measure before Surgery.

3 more days and I am so excited!

My daughter and I went to the local mall today and I went into Victoria Secrets to get measured professionally before my BR. They said I was a 42 DD. I have serval VS bras that are 38 DD and the gal told me that the number can go up and down depending on the stretch etc. all my bras are 38 so whatever. :)

I was a B cup in high school and a C cup in my 20's. I became a D after my first child and they stayed large even when I lost weight. Of course now that I am in my early 50's my weight is not where I want it to be! My doctor told me that having a BR will probably help me lose weight. He said that most women will lose weight because they will be more confident and not so weighed down by the breasts. I plan on dieting and eating better so I can feel better about the rest of me.

Before Photo

Day before surgery...

The day before my surgery and I am pretty calm. I am more excited and I have waited do long. I had my daughter take done before pic with some oft shirts that ate to small in the bust area.

I will post after pics wearing the same shirts to compare.

Going to make a nice dinner tonight with some wine. I figured since my daughter and husband will be waiting on me for the next week I would do something nice for them.

Here I go...

Leaving now for the surgery center! Hard to believe this day has finally come. So happy and a little bit nervous. :) see you on the other side!

The Other Side!

I did it! I am feeling great. Hubby took me straight home afterwards and I slept. I have been taking the pain pills regularly to keep up on the pain. No nausea at all. My PS used dissolving stitches so I can take a shower 24 hrs after surgery. Then I can get my first look at e
The new me!

First Look

Well I just got my first look! They are swollen but small and perky! Love them already!

I have quite a bit of blood seepage on my right breast so I am seeing the doc early in the morning tomorrow. I am not that worried but glad to get it checked out.

Rest and more rest

Saw the doctor this morning and everything is ok. Today has been a lazy day. I am taking my Norco on a regular basis and napping.

Feeling down

I have been feeling a bit down today. I know it is natural to feel this way after surgery and laying around doing nothing. I removed my bandages to take a quick shower this morning and I was more swollen bruised today then The day after surgery. I know that this is also not uncommon. Still I don't like it! Tomorrow is another day. Going to the doctor at 2:15 for my post op.

Post op appointment

Had my post op today. I have a blood blister in the T area under my left breast. I have to keep bacitracin cream on it and hopefully it will just go away on its own. The good news is I get to throw away the uncomfortable surgical bra! What a relief to get that thing off! My husband took me out to eat and then I went and bought some new Bali no wire comfort bras. I will get some sport ones tomorrow. Feeling very tired! I think I did too much today.
Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS

Dr. Ringler is a true professional. Kind, patient mad really listens to what you want. He also is very honest with his opinion of what he thinks is the best for you. Everyone at his office is truly wonderful and has made my journey pleasant and comfortable.

How is your recovery going?
Hi Curlyqueen! It is going good. A little set back with the blood blisters but they are gone and healing. :) I still don't have all my energy back but it is better every day. Thank you for asking. I need to update my progress but I have just been so busy.
I have considered having reduction surgery. You look great and thank you for posting. Can you share the going rate for the surgery in Grand Rapids? Please update how you are doing when you can.
I don't know the going rate but my surgery was 9,200.00 out of pocket. I used Dr. Steven Ringler. He is one of the top rated PS in the country.
Wow, just Wow! You look awesome. I am the same height and breast size as you, and I dream of having a breast reduction. Unfortunately, at present my finances don't allow me to do so. Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets. I KNOW this would change my life, as well as incentivize me to lose weight. You're brave for posting pics, and I wish you only the best moving forward. I so wish I could get a BR. I'm 50, 5'1" or 5'2". No way am I disclosing current weight. LOL All of you ladies are an inspiration. I can still dream of doing this at 50. God bless.
Thank you so much! Never give up on your dream of getting a BR. It is a dream come true for me. I had to pay for it myself. Blessings to you shellybeau!
You are doing great
congratulations!!! You look beautiful (still... cause remember, I thought you looked beautiful before too :D ) how nice that your husband took you out to dinner and you got to shop for a new bra..... congratulations that you have gotten to do this procedure that you've been wanting to do. congratulations on looking great!!!
they look awesome!!!!!! Proud of you, fellow brave woman!
Rest and take it easy. Bromelain taken 3-4 times a day between meals can do wonders for swelling. When you feel up to it, trying on some of your clothes to see the difference can be a big boost
Yesterday was a sleepy day for me, and today I am nauseous. You are not alone in feeling down though, I have been down all day. I won't see my doc until the 11th.
I haven't feel down yet but definitely skipped over the euphoria stage I've heard some talk about I am sleeping lots and I figure that is the best thing we can do right now.
You look great. I have seepage on my left side, and don't see the doc until August 11 (two weeks).
You look great! They are so even. And the nipple placement is very natural. Congratulations!
Wow! Lovely transformation ... well done!
Looking great!
So happy for all of you and me! I am 3 1/2 weeks post op. Surprised how sore I still get when I do too much. I just rest when I need to so suggest you girls do the same. Even with the hypersensitivity and swelling I am so thrilled to be small and perky..... finally. Can't wait to see my actual size when healing is done. You will be so excited when you try on tops that you couldn't button before and now they will be too big! Rest and relax and congrats!
Congrats! We are on the same schedule - 1 day post op.
Congrats I'm on the same schedule too
I am also 51 and 5'2" and 4 weeks post op. I felt great right after surgery. Could not believe that my pain was so minimal considering I had been sliced, diced and fileted. My surgeon explained that BR really is a skin surgery, no muscle involved so it really is pretty easy to recover from. So........let me tell you. Keep that area as dry as possible during the healing. Use Aquafor lotion to keep the suture areas softened. And wait for the itching to begin. Oh, and the nipples will become so sensitive you won't even be able to breath on them. Don't regret the decision for a minute. Just saying the healing is a bit harder than the actual surgery. It's worth it. Hang it there.....and congratulations. It really is such an awesome feeling knowing you can ditch the underwire FOREVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Thank you so much for the advice. We are going to the Dominican Republic for a week vacation Sept. 6th so I hope I will be feeling good by then.
that's funny you say that.....I just returned from vacation in HI. My surgeon assured me the salt water would be good for healing but stay away from pool and hot tub. When I finally got to the beach I could not wait to dip the girls in the water. It helped feel better BUT...... sitting in a wet swiimsuit was not ideal. In fact, it was very uncomfortable. Maybe get a really good suit that dries quickly. I did not have that and was unable to stay at the beach for long. All I wanted to do was take my top off and let the girls dry. You will be much further along in recovery than I was when you go so hopefully you will not have that issue.
I agree with you Bakercup, I'm going to Ireland and Scotland on September 4th.