TT & Lipo November 18th, 2011

Full TT with Lipo on flanks and back November...

Full TT with Lipo on flanks and back November 18th, 2011. I've always had a lower ab pooch but then had four children including twins! Complications with a appendectomy in 2003 then left me with the "butt in the front". I really just wanted the appendix scar and fat removed but the only way to do that was a full tummy tuck!

I asked for a skin only but every surgeon I consulted with (5 total) with the exception of one said that I needed more (muscle tightening). Finally, my PS also recommended the lipo... I was really reluctant to do the lipo as I felt like if/when I lost weight my flank area would look fine... did it anyway since I was going to be out and off work.

So far, I think everything looks great! Waiting to see what time will do as far as fading the scar.

I guess I should add that I am 44 years old. I am...

I guess I should add that I am 44 years old. I am 5'8" tall and weigh about 170 lbs. I was sooooo nervous about this surgery and probably would've backed out if I hadn't told everyone I knew I was having it done!!! The week or two prior to the surgery I was in some kindo of fog...seemed surreal. My husband was not in favor of me doing this but didn't stop me... we're still struggling thru that part of it. I think my Ps did a super job! All my stitches were internal (even around my belly button). Tape was used externally. One downside is that I had to wear my drain for a full month...so I had to deal with that as I returned to work after two weeks. It was a pain in the rear but after reading about seromas(?) I am glad my PS didn't remove it prematurely.

Today is just not a great day!! Just when I think...

Today is just not a great day!! Just when I think I'm really healed up I get sore all over again..not sure if it is related to overactivity or lack of activity. I love the way this tummy looks! Just not liking the way it feels! I wonder if I will ever feel normal again instead of that feeling like I have a sheet of cardboard under my skin!?!

What did you put on your scar to help it fade so well?
I got the dog ear removed. It was diffently needed. When they showed me it was as big as a LG thick chx breast. Its emotionally hard though because it feels like a step back in my recovery. I really had no idea it was a surgery again. I thought just a stich or two...but it will look good and smooth like the other side does when its healed .
Wow. I have a small place at the end of incision that kind of stuck up at first but it is smoothing out nicely. Why don't you post some pics of your before's and after's and give a review? I'd like to read your whole story!
I think u look fantastic. I had hear tummy tucks side effects can last permanent. When did all of your swelling go away?
Thank you candyp7. I think I still swell a little bit in the evenings...not enough to change my size or anything just I have a feeling of swelling...tightness and burning...low in my incision but mostly in the area of my lower back where I had the lipo.
Today is my one yr anniversary. I had a tt breast Aug (700cc) lipo tummy flanks back upper tummy inside tjogjd outside and back of thighs. Also I had my muscles tightened and that created the wasted. I had three c sections and gained over 100lbs. I got to 220. Oncemy surgery was set I got two trainers at my gym and busted ass and lost 57lbs. Time of surgery I was 163 Now I am 138....if I do too much I will go to 145 because of fluids still from all the lipo. I would say I went from never ever feeling comfort in any outfit especially bikini...to wearing tight fitting everything....thongs that don't now can been seen instead of trapped under my bell flap. My husband tells me everyday how much jenn loves my body and that he loves to see that I am not insecure anymore when we make love by trying yo.hide my tummy. One year today and I am going in to fix my left dog ear and remove some moles. Sometimes I think that every mom deserves tt or mommy make over...your husband is just jealous that you look better then him and he could lose you to another man now that your feeling good and looking sexy....but us women know that's not true unless the husband continues this treatment ....then u deserve better...surgery or not! btw Victoria secret has perfect bottoms to cover scar. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. Fyi I still hurt from lipo and my hips swell a lot. I don't feel much of my tummy. My legs were the worst still are when I drove or exercise they swell. Hot tubsare my nerves ho crazy too! If I could do it all overt I would javelin hone down to a D instead of a DDDD
Thank you for your post Jenn. My husband and I will get through this or we won't. We have tons of other issues...this surgery is just another one of his strikes against me! Congratulations on your surgery and recovery and also that you have a man that loves you! That's so awesome. :)
i had lipo and you say one year later you still swell i didn't know this
You look terrific ... fantastic results!
Thank you! Good luck with your surgery in August!
Thank you! I really excited, but nervous about getting a TT. Sorry to hear that you are sore. Feel better :)
wow you look amazing!!!! Love your new tummy!!!
Thank you theinside! Best of luck on your surgery in May! I know you'll love the results! :)
You look awesome!! Congrats!!
Thank you Smdukes! You look amazing as well! :)
OMG! I'm so jealous. You look incredible.
Thank you Gris! Your surgery date is getting closer...You will look fantastic! :)
you look really good!!
Hi looks like u had a tough time with recovery. Im about 1wk post op on TT and lipo of the trunks and right now i can say the lipo is prob the part that hurts the most. I will be having my drains on for another week so i wasnt excited abt that bc they are so uncomfortable but if my dr feels its necessary i wont argue. I took my first shower yesterday and was really scared but luckly my aunt helped me and she is a nurse so who better else. I did feel better afterwards but im still resting alot and feel like maybe i should be doing more at this point but my body simply cant take me walking too much or standing too long.
Hi Cilla, take it easy! One week is too soon to be doing much!! This is a difficult surgery to recover from. Your body needs rest right now :)
You look wonderful private..you have such an nice hourglass shape, a great BB (cant even see a scar around it,) and a nice low quickly fading TT scar...overall just fanstantic girl :)
Im such a troll on this site and I dont think Ive ever seen a scar that looks that awesome-or lack of scar I should say!
I second that (what chunkynomore said) lol. You look fab.
Thank you chunkynomore!
Thank lyou LovelyMiah! Best wishes for your surgery in May :)