Time to Upgrade! - New 6 week pics & I bought new bras!!

Hi! I am a (yikes!) 39 year old mother of 3 great...

Hi! I am a (yikes!) 39 year old mother of 3 great kids! I breastfed all of them. They are 15, 10 & 21 months. After my oldest 2 my breasts still looked pretty good, I wore maybe a 34c, they could have been a little perkier but they weren't too bad! But after my son, they are basically nonexistent! I'm a saggy 34A :( I've been considering a BA since I stopped nursing Carson. I finally talked to my husband about it a few months ago & told him how unhappy I am with how my boobs look & he said if I want to get it done to go ahead. I worked in a very busy ICU for 15 years before I had my last baby & my hubby is a doctor so we had a pretty good idea of who we did & didn't want to go to see for consults already!
I'm 5'5", 118lb, currently like I said a sad 34A! I would like a full c cup, but not too out there! I want to look better for me, but I don't want it to be too obvious to everyone I see. Although with how padded my bras are no one will probably know! Thank God for Victoria's Secret!!
I went for my consult in September & I really loved the dr. She made me feel very comfortable, answered all my questions. I tried on a few sizes that day & I'm pretty sure I'm going with 400cc silicone, under the muscle. I actually just happened to stumble across this site the day of my consult when I was looking for more info & I'm so glad I did! It's been so great to be able to read everyones stories, & find out a little more about what to expect.
My surgery isn't scheduled until Jan. 9, she could have gotten me in much sooner but we already have a vacation planned. We're taking all 3 kids to Mexico between Xmas & new year & I just didn't feel like that was enough time for me to heal well enough to enjoy the vacation. Not when I know the girls will want to zip line & kayak & stuff like that!
I really appreciate anyone's input from your experience!

Looking forward to hearing more of your story.
I look forward to hearing how everything goes for you. I really need to try on sizers. 400 just sounds really big! I'm sure it will look great though. I will look for your updates.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! You have lots of time to prepare, which is good. I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress throughout this exciting journey!

Well, I had my surgery yesterday, January 9th and...

Well, I had my surgery yesterday, January 9th and everything went great! I had to be at the surg center @ 7:30. They got my IV started right away, asked some questions, my PS came in & did her drawings on me & everything got started right on time, by 9:00! I woke up in a little bit of pain which of course I expected, also some nausea, which I expected. I'm always nauseated after anesthesia. My RN gave me some dilaudid & zofran right away. Then I ate a couple of cracker & had some ice water so I could take some oral pain meds & go home! I was home by 1:00! Oh, and my surgery also included a scar revision on my right breast from melanoma that I had several years ago. She was able to make my scar look a lot nicer! The dr that did it did a terrible job!
Yesterday afternoon I just slept for a while. I'm taking vicodin es, every 4 hrs. She said I can take 2 if I need too, but I'm only taking 1. I'm not in that much pain, I would say discomfort, but I don't want to take niching the first couple of days & have the pain get worse bc then it's harder to get under control. I started my antibiotic last night too. I did get very itchy from the anesthesia, I had to take benadryl last night, I couldn't even sleep!
I think sleeping has been the hardest part, I sleep on my tummy or side! I got a big pillow that helps you sit up in bed, but I ended up just using 2 firm pillows & I did have to go slightly on my side! I had a post op appt today, she said they look great! They are pretty swollen, but they do look good, I think when the swelling goes down I'll be very happy! Right now they feel too big! She said the swelling usually peaks at day 4. I did get some pics last night & this morn, I'll get them up as soon as I can! Thanks so much for all the well wishes ladies!

Glad that everything went well. I feel you on the sleeping...I'm still on my back but I'm able to lay flat. Rest up and take it easy, hope you have a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see your pics.
Thinking of you! Hope everything went smoothly and you are happy with your results.
Hey hun, how did everything go? Hope all is well and can't wait to read and see how you are doing.

My recovery has been going really well! Much...

My recovery has been going really well! Much better than I expected actually, I'm not having any pain, I'm pretty swollen, my PS said that usually peaked about day 4 which is today for me. I'm pret

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm not sure what happened to the rse of my post...

I'm not sure what happened to the rse of my post last night! I was saying that I am pretty bruised, but I bruise easily being fair skinned & red headed! They are still so swollen this morning, I got up around 6am to get frozen peas to put on them. No real pain though & the shape looks nice. The hardest part is trying to sleep on my back & not pick up my 2 yr old! I really will try to get pics up today!

PICTURES! :)
Pictures! Pictures! :D. What did you wear to the sx center? Having a hard time deciding on the perfect lounge outfit that I can easily get out of once I'm home!
I know, I need to get pictures up! I'm having a hard time with it! How do you up load them? I'm on my iPad & I don't see anything on my profile for me to add pics! But I wore yoga pants & a button up shirt & then I had a post op appt the day after & I just wore like a VS track suit with a zip front hoodie. After about 8 days I could pretty comfortably pull a shirt & bra over my head. At my post op appt on day 8 she cleared me from the awful surgical bra & said any soft, non wired bra that fit well but wasn't too tight was ok. I got an Ahh Bra & a pack of Genie bras they're both comfy. I got large & they fit really well. Walmart had them, I think bed bath & beyond does too.

Ok, finally some pics! I only have some from today...

Ok, finally some pics! I only have some from today because for some reason itunes won't let me get them off my phone, so i had to take these with my camera. I'll have to try to figure it out later so I can get my before's & the ones from the first few days up. We're having just a small family birthday party for my little guy tonight, he's 2, so I don't have time to mess with it ;) I'm feeling really good boobie-wise, I got a sinus infection though & was running a temp for a few days & felt awful, but I haven't needed anything for pain since day 2. I saw my PS last Thurs which was day 8 for me & i can wear comfy, unwired bra's, like Genie, or Ahh bra's. I got a couple. They are pretty comfy, but anything is better than that surgical bra! I see her again on monday. I have been doing some light excercising, walking, or using the elliptical & just not using the arm part of it @ a slower pace than usual. She said that was ok. I can't wait to order some swim suits, hubby & i are going to St. Thomas in April! I hope everyone else is healing well that had theirs recently!

Looking great!!! :)
You look great! So glad you were able to get a skilled surgeon to fix your scar. If we're spending so much money on making the boobs look good, it's important that the whole area looks good so you can feel confident showing it off! My PS removed a skin tag from my upper breast without my even asking (although I was going to get it removed on my own anyway). I was almost more excited seeing that it was gone when I woke up from surgery than the implants because it was a surprise! The nurse probably thought I was delirious. Lucky you getting to go to St. Thomas! That's my favourite island. We'll be stopping there in March on our cruise but just for the day. We'll be spending the afternoon snorkeling with the sea turtles. Good luck with your recovery in the coming weeks.
Thanks! I'm glad yours has gone well! We love St. Thomas too! We've been twice on cruises, so this time we want to spend some time there! 6 days, no kids! We just did Mexico with the kids! I can't wait to get to 6 weeks or so like you & see how they're really going to look :) Enjoy your cruise!

I went back to see my PS yesterday, I will be 3...

I went back to see my PS yesterday, I will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Everything is looking great! I can start using Mederma (scar treatment gel) on the scar on the top of my breast, the one from the melanoma, beause the surgical glue is almost all gone on that incision. She said I can start using it on my other incisions as the glue wears off. I can workou as I feel comfortable, she said use good judgement. Yay!! I can lift my little boy again! so I got up and got a 45 min workout in this morning before everyone got up! nothing that strenuous though, 30 min on the elliptical (but a lot faster than what I have been doing!) & a 15 ab dvd. Already the scar from the melanoma looks so much better than my old one & it's only been 3 weeks! I'm very happy with how my breast are looking more & more. I knew they would be swollen at first but i kind of thought omg they're too big for a few days there but im very happy now & i know, given a few weeks more time they will look even more like they "belong" to me & the scar will continue to heal! I'm very happy with the work she did!

You look fantastic!!! Did you find the high profiles dropped yet? I too ended up with well actually ultra high profiles and I'm wondering how soon they drop! Lol
She does look awesome. I have moderate profiles and I feel like they never sat that high LOL. I think the next time around in a few years I'm going to go with maybe a moderate plus if I can. :)
I have high profile and I can already tell they are dropping. I can now see why he didn't want to go with mod or mod plus. I would have had way too much side boob.

I'm 4 weeks today! Very happy with how everything...

I'm 4 weeks today! Very happy with how everything is looking, it seems like my left has dropped down just a little bit more than my right, hopefully righty will catch up! It's still early! The scar from the melanoma repair is looking better every day! I'm so happy about that! I've been working out, pretty much back to my regular routine. I'm so glad i decided to do this!

Looking good! Let's keep telling ourselves that everything will even out in a few months. It's hard to be patient!
Thanks Redhead! Let's hope so :)
hi... Nice post and tips here I am not a guru, or do I pretend to be one. I am here to learn and to share my experience. Everything that I say, I say from my heart. Just wanted to say that i found a technique that works really well when I use it, I've been using it for over few months now, and my breast look so much better. I'm So Happy :) Here are my personal tip tinyurl.com/naturallbreast

So....I went to Victoria's Secret today to get...

So....I went to Victoria's Secret today to get measured & do some shopping! I needed a 32D in the bras that were demi cup, 32C in the regular, fuller coverage cups. I bought 8 new bras! The girl that helped me was great, I got there right after the mall opened so I could get it done while my son was at pre school, so they weren't busy yet, and she had me try on about 12 different bras & different sizes just to be sure what was comfortable. On my way out of the mall I stopped in Macy's, where I had parked & looked for a minute there & found a sports bra that im hoping will keep the girls in place! It's a Champion, made by Bali, & it has a soft wire & seperate cups. I tried it on & I was doing jumping jacks in the dressing room! Thankfully no one was in there, haha! The bounce was significantly less than with the VS that I curently have. They were on sale too, but one get one 75% off, sadly, they only had 1in my size, but I ordered 2 of them & got the sale price so I'll have them in a few days & see how they work. I took pics with the new bras & one in an everday sweater, you can see that in my normal clothes they don't look too big. I'm so happy with how well my scar from the melanoma is healing! Some days I don't think it looks very good, then today when I got on to update my pics I can see how much better it looks from 2 weeks ago!
I'm using mederma on it in the morning & at night & vitamin E oil a couple of times a day. I use it on my implant incision scars too & they are healing nicely.

You look great! How're you managing with your little one?? How much does he weigh?? Mine are 28lbs and 17.5 lbs :((
Hi I'm 2 wks being you in healing so it's been great to see what to look forward to, you look amazing! I'm excited to officially bra shop after reading your update.
Did you end up going with 400cc? Your pics look like you are healing great. I hope you are happy with the results. Looks awesome. I'm scheduled on 4/11 for a BA and mini TT. Getting so nervous!
Grand Blanc Plastic Surgeon

I chose this plastic surgeon because my husband refers some of his patients to her & they have been very happy with the work they have had done. Someone I worked with had a breast reduction & tummy tuck done by her & she did a great job.