Smart Lipo Was Worth It- Abs - Goshen, IN

I had smart Lipo yesterday.  I am a kidney...

I had smart Lipo yesterday.  I am a kidney pancreas transplant patient from 6 years ago.  I had to get permission by my doctor and was pleased that he said I could do this.

There was some concern as to the amount of fluid used so they used less of the fluid for the procedure.  I will try to explain how it all went.

1.  They had me change into a pair of underwear that had a panel on the front and back, with string sides, warm footies and a nice robe

2.  They weighed me (174) at 5'4".  They made sure I had taken my antibotic and asked if I would like something to drink.

3.  I was given a Zanax to relax me.

4.  The first step was little slits which merely was a tiny stinging sensation of about 1 second.

5.  They also gave me a pain killer.

6.  After the slits I felt nothing.  I believe that is when they injected the fluids into my abdoment.

7.  I lost track of time but when they started the actual suction (which is their step 3) all I could feel was vibration.

8.  We talked the whole time and the assistant and doctor were so nice.  After they were finished the assistant pressed on my abdomen to push out fluid and a little of the fat came out too.

9.  Then the assistant (and my hubby) helped me into the garment.  It zips up both sides and is pretty snug.  I slept all the way home and have not taken any pain medication.  AND yes, I did go to work the next day, although I was pretty sore.  Over night I did "Leak" onto my pads and this morning I had to change the pads (I used kotex pads) and then this evening I also changed my pads although the leaking has gone down quite a bit.

I could see a difference right after they finished.  They did one side of my abdomen then the other.  I look pretty flabby right now, but smaller.  I weighed myself to see if I had gained weight and I was 8 pounds heavier this morning but then tonight I had already lost 4 of those pounds.  They told me this was normal.  They also called to check up on me.

I am scheduled for the back of my arms this next Tuesday and then my thighs the following.

The garment is tight and you will probably need help zipping it up.  You will probably be sore, but to me, it's not that bad.  If you are considering having this done you should ask if they provide the garment in the cost and if you have any other medical issues, be sure to discuss them with your physician first.  Best wishes!

Some fluid build u but not so bad. It has now been 4 weeks since lower abs done and my fat belly is at least half what it was.
I just started getting itchy today. Did you have any fluid buildup?
Hi pooke. You are probably a bit itchy now! It goes away. I took my straps off finally. I don't need them on my upper ab so I don't think its a problem. I had my legs done the week after my arms. They hurt the most but I am not sorry. The soreness goes away. My stomach is already about half its size. I can't wait to see what it looks like in 4 months. I am very please with my results so far and my arms look FANTASTIC!!!! Take care!

I also had my arms done 3 wks ago and the results...

I also had my arms done 3 wks ago and the results thus far are fantastic.  My legs were 2 weeks ago and they are still a bit sore.  I can not tell the difference on my legs yet but my friends say they can.  My stomach is at least half the size.  That is amazing.  I am went from a loose size 16 to a loose size 14.  I'm pretty sure I could wear a 12, and I'm speaking of cheap jeans too!   I am not sorry.  My slits are not completely healed, but I am a slow healer.  I have a couple small lumps but nothing major.  I'm very pleased with my total results.  Many thanks to the professional and upbeat Dr and staff!

My lower ab smart lipo was six weeks ago and I...

My lower ab smart lipo was six weeks ago and I look SO much smaller.  I have not really lost much weight (maybe 4 pounds) but I look much better and more proportioned.  I also had my arms done and they look fantastic.  My thighs (upper) were done 4 weeks ago and I am not sure but it seems my pants are looser in the thigh area.  My arms are still a little numb but who cares!!  Dr did a fantastic job and he was professional and his office was very clean and up to date.  I would do this again.  I do have some lumps in my tummy but Dr is going to review them and touch up if needed.

I have a phone consult w/ the same dr. I am very nervous, bc I am actually taking a loan to have this done & heard it is a gimmick, plus the dr is not an actual board certified plastic surgeon. Please tell me it's going to be okay :) Are you still happy with the results ?? Thanks so much!!
Hey which doc did ya got to? can you plz tell his name!

Hi pc23,

Provider information is shown at the top of the review, and you can click the doctor's name for additional contact information.

Its been 3 years since I had smart Lipo and I have...

Its been 3 years since I had smart Lipo and I have actually lost weight and my arms look fantastic. There is a knot in my stomach, but to no fault of the doctor. This can happen. I had a large "over hang" caused by an appendicits operation from when I was a child, the smart lipo helped reduce it. Although I am not perfect, I do look better.

Thanks for the update, catanddoglover! So glad to hear it worked out well for you.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Board certified doctor, in business a long time and office was professional and clean.