Good Results with Tummy Tuck but Expected More

After I had my two kids, I was left with some...

After I had my two kids, I was left with some loose skin. I was still on my normal weight but decided to lose some before going over the normal range (5'4'' @142lbs, now I'm @ 123lbs). I lost the weight within a few months by eating better and exercising a lot...but still my loose sking wouldn't go away. I decided then to go for the tummy tuck.

Overall I liked the results, but I thought that after a few months after my swelling had gone away I was gonna have an "extra flat and firm as a rock stomach". especially because I'm devoted to exercising and eating well. Not so. It's been 10 months after my surgery, and I still have some loose skin and a little bulge. When I stand I kind of look flat, but when I sit, I can see some rolls of skin.Also my scar is "not very good looking" and my belly button is kind of too small. I know part of this is my type of scaring tissue.

Good results and happy overall but I expected and extra flat. If I seat for long periods of time my belly gets swollen and I still can see some loose skin.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Hi Claa,,, Did you remove your pictures?? because I can't see them.
Everybody says you look amazing. For your scar Mederma is an excellent product.
I hope you are now happy with your results. However I think that the price you paid for your surgery in Colombia is high (5000$),,the average cost for a TT in latin america with an excellent plastic surgeon is around 3000$. I had my TT done in Bolivia for 2700$ (I am very happy with my results), but before I decide to go to Bolivia I made a lot of research in internet and in sites like Realself to read more about patients' experiences overseas. All the people that go to south america (Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia, Argentine, Costa rica..) for a TT have paid between 2500$ and 3200$ but not more. Of course the price is not th emost important,,, the most important is you are satisfied with your results but I give this information for people that are interested in travelling to latin america for a TT,, the average cost for a TT is of 3500$ with an excellent plastic surgeon.
You want to feel better about your results... I can email you some of my post-op pics.
you look fab... are you fishing for compliments. I just had a body lift along with a refresher Breast Lift and i dont even think - i'm close as looking as tight as you! i spent over 23,000. i have a flat ass and bulging swollen tummy after 4wks.
What are talking about? You look great!!!
I agree you look FAB!! I just hope if /when I get surgery I have results like you! I have had 6 children and in dire need!! lol
Thank you for your comments.I was using one of the silicon strips but gave it up because got pretty messy with my clothes and sweat from working out... may be there is a better one out there I don't know about! I'm gonna try and post some pictures from before. I posted a question for the doctors(or at least I think I did)because I spend many hours sitting and after a while my stomcah get a little swollen..Is this normal?...also there is this feeling right next to my belly buttom..I feel something inside..not painful but uncomfortable...
i think you look AMAZING!!i would never guess you have any kids at all! WOW!!! i don't see any bulge! you're flat as a board and very toned! the point of a Tummy Tuck is to make you flat- but when you sit- your skin relaxes- so having the roll is natural.
Claa, the picture of you in the bikini looks fantastic! I do not see the loose skin, I see very toned abs! I also think your scar looks like most. You have an olive complextion which may be why your scar is darker. It's also not too late to use some silicone scar therapy treatments (topical gels and silicone strips). I realize you are not happy and since I cannot see your before, I can only tell you that you look amazing.
This is actually one of the best results I have seen in hours of online research. I am certain the exercise played an important role. Although it has been 2 years, try using vitamin E on your scar; or maybe the Mederma product. Do you have a before photo ?