Snap On Smile! - Goldsboro, NC

My motivation for the Snap on was a lack of...

My motivation for the Snap on was a lack of confidence (because of stained and missing teeth). Initially, I was offered the option of having dental implants (extremely expensive) but I declined, feeling that I just needed something for outward appearances. The overall process wasn't entirely bad, you get fitted for your snap on, and from there it's a waiting game (usually 3 weeks to 1 month). The first one was horrible, I looked like Donkey from Shrek, I contacted the office to request that they be filed down (not an option, Snap On's are plastic), so I had to get re-fitted and wait another month to recieve it. After receiving my snap on, it wasn't long before the top one cracked (I have both upper and lower), I returned to my dentists office to confirm getting it replaced hopefully under some sort of warranty, there was none. My original set cost $3,000 and I was shocked when I was advised that I would need to order a new set, they didn't have the option of purchasing just the upper. When I questioned this and got attitude from the assistant as well as the receptionist. I was told that they "gave" me one, I then corrected them stating the first set was sent back due to their error in sizing, that was not my fault. Needless to say, there went another $3,000 for a temporary tooth covering. Now due to cracks and physical holes (from eating in them) I have teeth that we're perfectly fine, now decaying which is a bigger issue. If you don't plan on eating, drinking (soda, coffee, or tea), or talking (they become very loose after a few months as to when eating they may slip out) then the Snap on may work for you. If I had to do it all over again, I would have invested in something more dependable. Now, I am wishing upon a star (and the lottery gods) to be able to get implants done, I'm not 40 years old yet, I have never used illegal drugs but looking at my teeth now, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, I'm at the point where I don't leave my house because of embarrassing teeth. Please do your research before making a final decision!!!!!! (I thought that I had done just that, but experience proved me wrong)
Dr Stovall (male)

Dr Stovall was excellent in the beginning, the indifference came when I complained of not having any form of coverage for the replacement Snap On. His attitude was different, I overheard hallway conversations with him and the assistant, but he put on his professional face and demeanor when he entered the room that I was in.

Think about another option for your smile makeover, such as porcelain veneers. With what you paid, you could have had an upper set of veneers. You can have the smile you have always wanted.
Snap-on-smiles are a transitional cosmetic procedure that no one should go into with false expectations. They will not serve anyone very well. They are very fragile, not for eating, only for smiling in photos from a distance for instance...like a family portrait, wedding or such. Do not be mistaken to believe that they are functional teeth. Only knowing this should anyone ever sell them or buy them. I know, I am a dentist who has made a few and learned that there is a limit to their usefulness and a limit to what a patient should expect. There is no cheap fix to a dental disaster, so buyer beware of anyone offering such an easy solution.

Thank you so much for coming back and posting your review!  I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience, though.  I hope that you are able to somehow swing a better solution for your smile makeover in the future.  I wonder, is the dentist you are referring to Dr. Orlando R. Stovall, lll DDS in Goldsboro?  Works with Dr. Jonelle Stovall?  I'd like to update your doctor review for completeness if this is the correct information.