Finally; Jeans and I Can Renew Our Friendship - Golden, CO

Had my first daughter at 20. Second daughter at 21...

Had my first daughter at 20. Second daughter at 21. Third daughter at 29 and Fourth daughter at 31. All four were c-sections. I didn't really get stretch marks but my stomach has refused to go back into the upright sucked in position.

I was originally going to get the TT Lipo and Lift. But mothers guilt took over and now I am just getting the TT. The doctor that I choose does not use drains which I am excited about because that seems to be a big source of being uncomfortable.

5 days to go and getting more anxious by the hour....

5 days to go and getting more anxious by the hour. So much to do so little time. I have class all weekend and I need to rearrange my room to move up my new sleeping chair. 0_0

Uncomfortable but doing very well. thats about it

Uncomfortable but doing very well. thats about it

I am wondering why some doctors choose to use the...

I am wondering why some doctors choose to use the drains and others don't. My recovery has been exceptionally well compared to some of the stories that I have read. Not too much swelling or pain. And none of the drain issues. It seems as if it is an easier process.

So with that being said all is well. My regular clothes are back on, a little snug but not too bad. I am on my own tomorrow, my husband goes back to work and I am torn up about that. He has been the knight in armor that we all dream about.

Feeling Great. Still not sleeping in the bed b/c...

Feeling Great. Still not sleeping in the bed b/c the babies somehow end up in there everynight. But woke up this morning and they were both on the sectional with me. Guess its back upstairs for me.

Got a yeast infection:( no fun.

Scar is healing well. Standing fully but I can't bend back any further than that. I am able to pick up the 9mos old fairly easy and the 2yr old if I am very careful. She has been great and makes sure to stay away from mama's ouch.
The older girls as always are wonderful. My husband has been great but I can see the steam running low on him. His eyebrows are furrowed a lot lately.

Just got back from the Dr. 5weeks later and doing...

Just got back from the Dr. 5weeks later and doing GREAT. almost no swelling at all. I am creeping into a smaller size. Guess I'll start working out soon. Dr says the scar has healed well.
I had my little ones with me at this appt. I was aprehensive about that but he was very warm and genuine with them as well. What more could you ask for?

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Great Doctor, I would recommend him to anyone considering a tummy tuck. He has an excellent staff and they all made me feel more than comfortable, up until the last second. Even the phone calls they made to check up on me and changing my precriptions to get rid of the nausea. ***Great Staff**** . I didn't feel as if I were just another patient. He didn't seem to mind my questions :) He uses no drains and I gotta say this is a blessing. I was able to shower the next day and get around fairly well. The pain is not that bad. I take the medicine more so I can get comfortable to sleep. I am 2 days post op and can almost stand straight.

Thanks so much for your posts! I go in on 8/1 with Dr Vath and Can't wait!!!
have you gone back to work yet?
ok so this is 20 days late. but I stay home with my 4 girls. so no outside work but my husband went back to work 2 weeks after my surgery so I was on my own then. taking the 2 older ones to school and staying home with the 2 little ones (2yrs & 10mos). I do remember crying the first day lol. How are things going on your end?
OMG girl that is horrible, I couldnt imagine doing this with little ones. I have a 9yr old so he is pretty selfsufficient and independent all on his own so if anything he was takin care of mommy, hehehe. So anyways how is everything, I know your like 2 months out now or something right? Im 3 weeks, and I get that itchy on my stomach all the time and its driving me crazy,,,did you ever have that, Im not sure if its jus from being swollen and my skin kinda stretching out or if its from the binder ..or what? Im still swollen, of course and Im sure will be for a while, havnt hit the gym yet, but I plan on starting back up on week 4 right. Figure start jus walking on the treadmill and perhaps some stairs, def not gonna push it though. :) anyhoo keepo in touch, I wanna see your pics???? later mama
Yeah that is super important. I read this horror story..this chick was complaining and complaining how yhorrible the surgery was..but it was actually her support system suuucked. Im glad my bf is on board with me..he is taking care of everything while im out for the count for a while. He is the besteseses :)
it was a sectional and I had all sorts of pillows underneath my legs. And the best husband that took complete care of me and the girls. A good support system I think is a key to healing fast.
aaaaaaah...well that makes sense. Yeah I would like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance as well..so I hope I can get thru this fairly easy. So you stayed on the couch...was it a lazy boy>? I cant decide where Im going to be laying thru all of this...
I took percocet but it made me very sick so they switched to vicodin. I took it for a week for pain and then a little longer b/c it helped with sleeping thru the night. And slept on the couch for 3weeks. I have a pretty high tollerance for pain and I have had 4 c sections. So that could be why it was a breeze
yeah...did you get percocet or something to that affect? How long have you been taking them for..when do they tell you to stop?
no, we haven't taken the after yet. Sometime in Aug. is the day. def. no pain no gain or loss in this matter. And the drugs help with sleeping. It'll pass
DAYUM...no braino. Yeah I have a really weak stomach so i will definetly have to let him know that, cause if there is any thought that the anesthesia will make me sick...then I def will puke. Ugh I hate throwing up too..boooo :( oh well, no pain no gain...right? Did he put your pics up on his website?
i haven't posted any here yet. I have compared Dr. Vath's before pics to how I look now and I wish he would burn them:) It is a big difference. I have to say the first night was the worst b/c I get really bad nausea from the anesthesia and even though they gave me a lot of different things to get rid of it. It didn't help. I heaved and coughed and thought why did I do this. But coughing and laughing for the first couple of weeks hurt. Even now if I have a good laugh I will feel a pull. But hey its so worth it.
wow yeah...do you have any pics? I need to take some here soon. Did you get the cough like I have heard most to have? I wonder if thats because of the tube they put down your throat during surgery?
I had a very itchy scratchy throat from that tube for almost a week.
argh...if its not bad that you have to deal with the pain..also have to deal with the pain of coughin..how annoying. I will be loading up on cough drops..
wow..taht is super fast. I have a week until I go in for my nurse appointment. After that 2 more weeks till my surgery. I cant believe that its right around the corner. So you were walking upright around the 2nd week then? I am also getting my thighs lipo on the upper part. I work out at the gym pretty hard and have been for the past 2 years and my thighs are def a problem area, thought since i was going under might as well get something else done :)
i was walking by the end of the first week. I didn't get lipo on my legs so I don't know how that will effect your recovery. Good luck 2weeks will come by and before you know it you will be on the other side. I can't believe mine was 6weeks ago. time flies by.
OMG..this is my doctor! I have my surgery date set for June 6th and I couldnt be happier with Dr. Vath. He made me feel super comfortable and was completely honest with how i will look post surgery. So how was your recovery...I love the fact that he doesnt use drains. I also hear that recovery time without the drains is much quicker. Besides I dont think I could handle having drains in ....yyyyyuuuck!
I think you will be very happy with how you have healed. I can say that I haven't had nearly as many complications as I have heard on here. I have 4 girls and wanted to get up and about as soon as possible. And by week one I was feeling good by week two I was almost normal. I am 5 weeks into it and I have no swelling. I was back into my clothes by week 3. If you have any questions let me know. And yes Dr. Vath is a great doctor.
Yay! Love hearing this! I had a TT with Dr. Vath on July 20th. I would love to have no swelling in 4 more weeks!! Glad to hear you had a great experience.
3 weeks flew by pretty fast. Still good no complaints. I can't wait to hold the 2 year old whenever I want. And it will be nice to lean back and stretch. Every once in awhile I will get a twinge of pain but nothing big.

Sending out prayers to my fellow Marchers and their recoveries and to those who follow. :)
Wow! You sound so great for 2 weeks post op!! You must be so happy & excited!!

I am 6 days post op & feel awesome! I have one drain that is not draining much now. It is not really bothering me, but it will be nice to get it out. Maybe at my first post op visit tomorrow. I have been massaging my belly every day & I think that helps a lot with swelling.
I think I'll start massaging as well. glad you are doing great 6 days later. Its crazy how we count down and all of a sudden we are post op. :) good luck with the rest of your healing process.

Almost there!   Are you ready to go now?   I bet you are getting excited now.
Good luck today!!!