Tummy Tuck - Golden, CO

Hello! This board was so helpful for me as I led...

Hello! This board was so helpful for me as I led up to my surgery. Went in yesterday morning, and it went quickly and well. I snuck a little peak last night and am so excited to see the differences. I do have a question...they gave me percocet and Valium. I' taken the percocet every four hours, and the valid twice,but there is still a lot of pain. it's really bad when I get up, my incision burns and my stomachs feels like it's on fire. Has anybody else experienced the same? I recovered from two deliveries within a day, So I thought my pain threshold was high, but I guess not!

I'm also afraid of tearing sutures, but I guess that's common?

I will post before after pics once I get up and showered. Thanks for sharing all of your stories!

I'm now two and a half weeks PO and am amazed!...

I'm now two and a half weeks PO and am amazed! The recovery is flying by, although the first three days were rough. Still getting used to my new flat tummy as even at my most fit/thinnest, my tummy has never been so flat. Thank you again to everyone who responded and who wrote a review that I read prior to my procedure. You all made it much less scary.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. V has an awesome bedside manner, spent lots of time discussing recovery with me. He uses no drains, so I was walking my kids to school three days after. My stomach looks amazing, and he was just plain kind and attentive when I called post-procedure with questions. This seems like it came and went soo fast, in large part due to how wonderful his work was, and how accessible his staff was. Couldn't recommend him more highly. Last thing - he never pressured me to get more procedures, even though I could certainly benefit from Lipo, I didn't want it and he never indicated that my choice was wrong.

Thank you for your review of dr vath. I'm considering a tt & he is one of the docs on my list to have a consult with. How do you feel about the whole process now? Are you still pleased with he results & happy you went through it?
wooohoo we had the same doc,,post some pics I wanna see..I wannna seee...
Sounds like you are doing great. I'm now 7 weeks post op and I have NO regrets. Hang in there because it will just get better. :-)

Glad to hear you are doing so well :)
Wow, Day 6 post op and it's a new world. I switched pain meds on Sunday, so 3 days post op, and it went from pain to barely uncomfortable. I went off all pain meds yesterday morning and have just taken Tylenol twice today.

Went to my week check-up, just one more week in the binder, and the incision and belly button are doing fine. Today I felt nearly normal - I took one 45 minute rest and the spent the rest of the day running errands and cleaning. It's amazing that I spent so much time worrying about this and the hard part is already over - thank you everyone for reminding me of that during those rough few days!
You should really wear you're binder for as long as possible. I still wear mine at night and I'm going on week 12. It will continue to help shape your waistline so you want to wear it atleast 6-8weeks. It will keep the swelling away and like I said help shape your waist. Glad to hear you're doing well!
Glad that all went well for you.

Don't be afraid to call your doctor if your pain is too much. That's what they're there for!

Congrats!!!
Thanks for checking in! It seems.like the pain is a little lighter, but still pretty awful when I first get up. I think making myself walk around every hour is helping. I was hoping to be able to get off prescription meds soon, but I only have one more dose of percocet (which didn't seem to do much), so the doc just called in a prescription for vicodin.

It's just such a weird feeling - the incision is numb, but whe I stand it feels like it's going to burst open with pressure - is this normal? Also, I need to shower, but the idea od taking the binder off scares me!

I am very happy with the results as I can see them, so thanks for reminding me that this stage is temporary!

Thanks again for checking in - it's so wonderful to have a community that understands what I'm going through.

Yes walking around every hour is good.  If you are down for too long you will get stiff and tight so keep moving..but don't over do it.

Keep taking the pain meds as long as you feel you need them.  It is a proven fact that patients who have controlled pain relief heel faster/better.  When you are comfortable you relax and sleep better.  And you definitely need good sleep during this process.  Keep in touch with your doc on the pain and don't feel like to need to rush off the meds quickly.  I know you want to have these out of your system but  that day will come.  Make sure to take or keep taking the stool softener of some sort (Milk of Magnesia etc).  Trust me you do not want to get constipated and have that going on inside of you right now.

It is a very strange feeling to have the incision numb but yet have the pressure and bursting feeling.  The swelling from the inside out is something else?  Normal but I know very irritating.  It will ease up with time but be patient.

Definitely take the shower.  You will feel amazing when done with that.  Keep the water warm but not hot, take a pain pill 30-60 minutes before, have help, and just enjoy.  If you can sit in the shower that helps (shower chair).  Don't be afraid  of taking the binder off for the shower.  Yes it feels very odd but won't hurt for a short time.  You will be glad you did this and it will really make you feel better.  Also have someone else shampoo your hair for you.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.  Before you know it you will feel great, swelling will be down and you will be in the mall shopping for new clothes.
I have that burning feeling in my tummy also and feels like it wants to burst very uncomfortable and wierd feeling, hope normal feeling comes back soon. Makes me feel better that i am not the only one feeling like this though. my surg was nov 4th

Unfortunately that burning feeling is all part of it.   Laying on my back with my knees bent and pillows under them helped me when I felt like that.

How are you feeling today?  You will notice good changes each day so just hang in there.   You are in the toughest stage right now but it is all up hill from here on out.  We look forward to reading more about your recovery as you go through the process.
Thank you ladies!! After a long nap tonight, the pain definitely was less than before. Like you say, this was a major surgery!

I'll have to ask my doc about Ibuprofen because he said not to use it b/c it thins the blood - maybe that concerns the fact that I had the no-drain procedure?

Anyway, thanks again for you encouraging words and helpful answers!
I thought I had a high pain threshold, too, and I was in a lot of pain. Way more then I expected. Like the ladies said above, just keep taking the pain meds. My husband called my PS the first night because he was worried about how much pain I was in, which included that burning feeling you mentioned, and she said I could add 800mg of Ibuprofen to my Percocet and it helped a lot. Of course, check with your doctor before mixing anything.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op now and I'm feeling mostly back to normal except for the swelling (which doesn't bother me because my tummy is flat and that's all that matters to me!). Some days I can tell when I've over-done it but overall I'm feeling back to myself. I was really out of it the first 4 days! Good luck on your recovery!
Congrats to both you and Patricia! Stay ahead of the pain by taking you meds. Don't try to be a hero. Rest, rest, rest! You just went though a MAJOR surgery and your body needs time to recover.

The first few days I walked every 2 hours around my couch and throughout my living room, nothing major just enough to keep the blood flowing. I started to feel myself around a week post-op. I am now 4 1/2 weeks and feel great. The only thing that I struggle with is swelling but it will pass. Just image how we will all look this summer with are flat tummys...

Keep us posted and can't wait until we see some pictures.. :)
Just stay on top of your pain meds and hang in there! If you feel like it's tmth just call your ps incase somethings wrong. Take it easy! Getting up was the only time I had any pain, that's the worst part but it'll be better in a couple days...promise! Hang in there!
Thanks, Danylle! I'm fine when I'm laying down, but that initial feeling when I sit or stand is pretty intense, it lesens a bit when I walk, butntherenis serial major discomfort.

Oh, and I've had to cough a iittle bits
yes the getting up and down is painful and started feeling the burning sensation yesterday, not a goood feeling. I still can get up without assistance, wonder when i can accomplish that and the best way to do it. any suggestions
I had my TT yesterday also. I am only on the Percocet every 4 hours. I am mostly real sore but it hasnt been too bad. I feel like this all will be worth the end results.
You're right, it will be worth it, I'm just super ready for the pain to subside. . .