Breast Augmentation w/ lift! 397cc!

Well, I'm 29, 5'10 & 148 lbs., mother of 3....

Well, I'm 29, 5'10 & 148 lbs., mother of 3. Breastfed them all. Before having children I was a large C cup. The woman in my family swore my mom allowed me to have a boob job when I was 16 because I had such great boobs! I loved every second I spent nursing my babies and I'd do it all over again if I had the choice.

However, with that said, when you have larger breast to start out with pregnancy and childbirth can really take a toll on them. I went from a DD while breastfeeding to an A cup one year later. They were completely deflated and my self esteem really went down hill. I was no longer comfortable being intimate w/ my husband so, long story short, we decided to look into breast augmentation.

My surgery was scheduled for April 15, 2013. Check in time was 10:30. We decided on 397cc silicone under the muscle w/ a lift. The nurses were so warm and caring and had me laughing the entire time before surgery (I am an extremely anxious person by nature but, I felt really at ease). Before I knew it, I was in recovery, feeling fine. Just very tired. My husband was able to take me home after about 45 min and thats when things started to change.

We had a 2 hour drive home that ended up taking 4 hours due to the snow and ice (Gotta love Colorado in April). I was in A LOT of pain! The nurse warned me that things would start hurting once my muscles started to 'wake up' and the anastasia wore off. My husband would stop every hour and have me get out of the car to walk around so to prevent blood clots.

We got home and, I have to be honest, that was the most painful day of my life. I think the worst part of all was the fact that the oxycodone made me so sick to my stomack and gave me such a terrible headache, I couldn't take it. My husband had to help me sit up and go to the bathroom and I would drive heave from the pain. Finally, in the middle of the night I decided to eat crackers and take the pain med w/ the muscle relaxer and that seemed to help. The next day was better and each day since has been better too. I'm on my 4th day post op today and I'm feeling pretty good. I am still taking it easy (milking it a little) but, I think by tomorrow I should be able to get up and do some things, maybe go on a walk. As far as my breasts go, they are just sore. Nothing I can't tolerate. I'm able to reach my arms up to brush my hair, etc. I think they look really good so far!! My instincts told me I could trust Dr. Vath and I believe he has done an amazing job!

I'm on day 5. Swelling has gone down quite a bit....

I'm on day 5. Swelling has gone down quite a bit. I'm hoping they don't get any smaller. I tried on the bra I wore when I was pregnant (34D) and I didn't quite fill it out. I'm guessing I'll be a large C cup.. was hoping to be a bit bigger but, I love the shape so far. Time will tell. Pain level is totally tolerable. I stopped taking the pain med and am only taking the muscle relaxer and tylenol twice a day.

I'm 6 days post op and having a lot of anxiety. I...

I'm 6 days post op and having a lot of anxiety. I think I need to take a break from reading all the reviews on here. I felt fine the first couple of days because I was so happy w/ my results but the more I read, I'm finding that things can change as time goes on. ugh. There seems to be a million different things that 'could happen'. I'm not worried about the size so much anymore as I am about capsular whatcha-call-it and bottoming out.. and someone mentioned silicone poisoning. ahhhh!! I don't want to have to go thru surgery again any time soon to 'fix a problem'!! Gonna have to start reading positive posts!!
PS. just a piece of advice for those of you who are having your BA soon or are just post op...... take laxatives!!! Trust me.

So, today I am 1 week post op if you count the day...

So, today I am 1 week post op if you count the day of surgery as day 1. I was so happy w/ my results the first couple of days but, as the swelling has gone down, I am feeling really disappointed w/ the size!! They seem so small for my height/frame!! I love the shape and the lift, I'm so glad we decided to do the lift b/c the over all shape is perfect but, I cannot get over the size!! I am not even filling out the bras I wore when I was pregnant!! I feel myself getting a little depressed. We spent sooooo much $$$ and I feel like I will still have to buy push up bras to get the look I'm wanting. :( Did anyone else feel this way? I can't stand to think the size will just continue to decrease!!
Other than the disappointment I'm feeling, I think I'm healing well. The left side is softer than the right and a little smaller. Pain is tolerable. Having lots of anxiety tho!

Firstly, why can't I edit my original review?? I...

Firstly, why can't I edit my original review?? I mean, I was all doped up on pain meds and I start my story out by bragging that I had "great boobs" before kids. lol Just would word that differently if I could edit it. lol fyi, I had my first child right out of highschool so I didn't get to keep those 'great boobs' for long! And 'great boobs' become not so great the bigger they were to start out with. I started to envy my mama's little bitty ones.. she's 52 and still perky.

Annyway, today is day 8 post op. I figured I'd do an update. I can't say that I've 'dropped' any.. I'm not sure if I have or not b/c they weren't all that high and tight to begin with (my dr. says that's b/c I had so much loose breast tissue and had already been stretched out previously).. makes sense. Lefty is a little softer but, they're both fairly soft on top and on the sides. It's the middle that still feels a bit hard. I've been getting random shooting pains in the left breast.. feels like nerves which makes me think is a good sign. I was worried about loss of sensation but, I have a feeling I won't have much. I wish I could massage my breasts but, b/c of the lift, I guess I have to wait for a few weeks.
My pain level is pretty low... it's mostly in my back. Sleeping is still really uncomfortable and WOW, the dreams I'm having!!! OMG, anyone else having any crazy dreams?? Last night I had four boobs.. one on top of each and the incisions busted open and well... lets just say it was a seriously disturbing dream!!
Overall, I'm doing well. I have my highs and lows but, today i'm feeling pretty good!!

TWO WEEKS POST OP! I am feeling pretty good!!...

TWO WEEKS POST OP! I am feeling pretty good!! Breast have softened. Right is still a little firmer but, I am finally able to lightly massage and that feels good. PS says my tape will fall off probably w/ in the next 3 weeks and once the scabs come off I'll be left w/ pink scars that will fade over time. One thing that has been bothering me is that I'm having extreme nipple sensitivity. It's sooo uncomfortable wearing a sports bra! I took one of my old lace bras from when I was pregnant and cut the underwire out and surprisingly it is more comfortable than the sports/compression bra (plus, it's prettier). PS says, at this point, wear what's comfortable and massage my nipples to help w/ the sensitivity. I don't feel like I look any different in clothes than I did before when I wore padded bras except that now what you see is not padding and I love the way I look and feel naked (which is what matters most). Still having HORRIBLE dreams but, all in all, life is good. SO happy!

3weeksPO. I'm feeling pretty good. Not much to...

3weeksPO. I'm feeling pretty good. Not much to update. I'm still sore.. mostly in the morning. I think both sides are doin their thing, softening up nicely. I still have the tape on. I worry about them getting dirty but PS didn't mention anything about it. I figure I'll let them come off when they're ready.. i think it's probly good to protect my incisions. I've been using dial soap in the shower just cause i think it's a good anti bacterial soap. I can't remember if i already mentioned this but i notice my arms fall asleep at night!! That is creepy!
Overall I'm feeling fine. Still think my breasts look small in clothes but great w/ out. Still very happy with the result. Even tho i can feel the implant when i massage. It doesn't bother me.. as far as i know, that is very normal.. especially for thin women. Sorry my pics are all pretty much the same but i think you can finally see how they are starting to soften a bit!

Today i am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. I called...

Today i am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. I called the nurse to ask her about the tape around my incisions and she said to go ahead and take them off in the shower with soap and water. That was probably the worst part of this whole experience! They weren't coming off easily and i was just a nervous wreck the whole time. Not sure how i feel today. It's weird not having my incisions protected by the tape.  they still seem.. fragile. But i do think the scars will heal nicely once all the scabs are gone...
Time will tell..

Hello Ladies! I am 4 weeks post op and having some...

Hello Ladies! I am 4 weeks post op and having some mixed feelings. I bought a scale last week b/c I knew I'd lost weight and wanted to see how much. I've lost 10 lbs since having surgery 4 weeks ago!! I was eating really healthy afterward b/c I wanted my body to heal so my surgeon doesn't think the weight loss is abnormal since I changed my diet and my body adjusted to that (decreasing my appetite). I wanted to eat healthy but not lose 10 lbs. Since the swelling has gone down and, I'm assuming b/c, again, I've lost weight, I can feel the implants on the sides and bottom of my breasts, more so on the left.. can even detect a bit of rippling. I know this can be normal in thin women but, I am afraid I've jeopardized my results by losing weight. I see my surgeon in a couple of weeks so I will ask him about this.
On a positive note, I am finally able to sleep comfortably on my side and I feel that my lift scars are healing well.
I've always heard that people gain after BA... has anyone else actually lost weight? And also my arms are still falling asleep at night.. what's up w/ that?? It's freakin me out..
Denver Plastic Surgeon

I did a lot of research online and found Dr. Vath in Golden, CO. After reading his bio and seeing his perfect reviews, I had a feeling this was the guy for me. I went to his office and discussed my goals. He was very friendly and confident. I absolutely LOVE the staff at Center for Cosmetic Surgery! They were so nice and helpful and *professional*!!! I am a very intuitive person and everything has to feel really good for me to go through with something so major. I never had a moment of doubt after leaving their office.

Wow! great results for sure. I'm leaning towards Dr. Vath over his partner Wolfe. Thanks for sharing!
You look fabulous!!
Wow, you look beautiful! How did seeing your doc go after the weightloss?
So happy for you! We have very similar starts and finishes (although I was never as big as you to start and I only nursed 2 kids....) but felt very, very self conscious in the bedroom as well at a sad small, small A :( Man do I feel different now :) LOVE hearing success stories! Congrats girl!
Honey I saw you in that white bra so I just had to have one like it. so I just had to buy one. I will u date photos soon. thanks fr the idea. you look lovely it it
Hi!! Thank you! Thats great.. isn't it nice to wear a pretty bra instead of a compression bra all the time? I still wear my sports bras at night and during the day but, when I go somewhere I wear the lace bra and I just feel more.. normal in it. It was a cheap bra too.. I think I got it from Ross or some place like that. Did you take the underwire out of yours?
Piper your totally right. I feel more in it as it fits snug around perfectly, mine was at a good price also from Walmart. I did get the underwire out because I didn't want to ruin it but I will tonight. The wire does bother a tiny bit. Mine are D cups what's yours. But I have 38 D's .. I still think I coul have gone bigger. But I have the biggest silicone size available. Maybe next time I'll go bigger just because I feel I wanta little more projection. I also wear my sports bra to workouts. But not to sleep, I am wearing a soft cup bra instead. Feels good and doesn't bother.
Thanks for the reply piper
Wow the scars are heeled very nicely. Can you feel any itching at all? They look very perfect on you. Congrats girl.
Thanks! They are looking/feeling really good for only being 3 1/2 weeks out. And, no, I am not having any itching. Just, sore still.
seriously...just saw your updated pics. the before and after of you are CRAZY!!!! you look AMAZING!!!! umm...yea, i had to tell you twice! i just can't get over how perfect they are!!! :D
omg, THANK YOU!! I don't think I will ever get sick of the compliments. lol Yeah. I was so deflated before (pregnancy & weight loss takes a toll on the breasts). I feel like I am 16 again. Really, it's like my surgeon gave me my youth back and it feels really great!! Did you see the ones I just posted today w/ out the tape? I had a little bit of the skin on the incision sort of come up when I pulled the tape off my areola. That was FREAKIN CREEPY!! The nurse said the same thing happened to her and those little spots will just need a bit more time to heal but, won't effect the overall outcome. ugh. I have been an anxious mess today. So, your comment means SO much. Thanks for taking the time to write that to me!!
You look amazing!! Congrats!
Thank you!! :)
What a change for the lovelier, you look very nice. great job .
Thank you!! I have had such low self esteem for so long, these nice comments will never get old!!
If my BA looks like yours I will be over the moon happy! You look amazing. Even right after surgery.
Thanks! What size are you getting? I had a lot of loose skin to start with so that's why they weren't super high and awkward right after surgery. Thank you for the comment. Good luck w/ your surgery:)
I'm getting 300cc in my left and 325cc in my right...Although I am going for a second consultation just to make sure. It's hard not to second guess size! Thank you :) my surgery may be happening much sooner than I originally planned which makes me so happy :)
I love your results! Do you happen to have any before pictures posted? I'm 5'9'' 160lbs and considering going with 397 moderate profile silicone sub muscular implants with the breast crease incision. I'd love to see if we are at all similar before!
Hi!! Thank you. I went ahead and posted a before photo so you could compare. I had one on here at first but it bothered me to see it so i deleted it. But, i realize how helpful it is for us women to see the before and after. This one is the photo they took at my PS office. You can see, i was very deflated after pregnancy & breastfeeding. If you want a very natural look, 397 is a good choice but, as happy as i am, i still think i could have gone a little bigger because of my height/frame. Let me know what you decide, I'll be excited to see your results!!:)
Hi Piper6207! Thank you for posting your before picture. I saw your results and thought how perfect they looked and with similar stats... I want what she got! I feel that you had a bit more breast tissue than I do before so maybe I will go ahead with 450's!?! I've got my pre-op appointment tomorrow and my final sizing appointment with a girlfriend this Friday. Thank you for sharing your journey:)
I would go w/ 450's if I were you. I wish I had (again, even tho I do love my results).. It's better to be a little tiny bit bigger than not big enough. The difference between 397 and 450 is not much.. but, just enough extra to feel satisfied w/ your size. I think 450 would look great on you! Good luck! :)
Thanks for the input! I love how the 400cc sizers looked on me today, and they say you loose 10% with going under the muscle, so maybe I will go for 450? Final decision has to be made tomorrow:S On our taller frames I think we certainly can handle the bigger 400-450 sizes... I just love how fabulous yours look. Better than natural but no one would have guessed! I'm really concerned about going too big. Then again almost everyone seems to wish they had gone bigger!?! Gah! Only time will tell!
I think I've seen that, about losing 10%, somewhere before and it makes sense but, I always thought the muscle acted sort of like breast tissue in that it added more to the implant.. does that make sense? That's just what seemed to make sense to me but, with that said, I think it's so odd how implants really do look totally different even on two women of the same height and similar build. I have looked at so many profiles on here, trying to find woman who are my height, and some will have 350cc and look large.. some will have 600cc and look small. When I tried on the 397 sizers.. I liked the width and the feel of them. When I tried on 475's, they felt heavy and too large for me. I think that had a lot to do w/ them being bags of silicone stuck in a bra and they would have probably felt just fine inside of me had I went w/ the 475's. But, I went with my first decision b/c I felt like your first choice is usually the right one. I still think you can't go wrong w/ 450. The difference between 400 and 450 is barely significant and, again, you would probably be happier if they were a tad bigger than you expected than for them to be a tad too small. 450 is still considered a modest size (esp. for us taller ladies).. let me know what you decide!!