Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery - Gold Coast, Australia

I've always received comments that I look...

I've always received comments that I look tired despite not necessarily feeling that way. My eye shape has a downward slant (family trait) and with the fast onset of undereye wrinkles once I turned 40, was very keen to freshen up with a blepharoplasty.

After reading everyone's experiences here on RealSelf, I felt informed enough on what to expect and found the right plastic surgeon for me. I ended up having upper and lower bleph and include photos of stages of my recovery. I had day surgery under general anaesthetic.

I agree with others that recovery wasn't painful but it certainly was more uncomfortable than I anticipated. Wearing an ice pack over eyes for the first 48 hours was very soothing but quite a disorienting experience (like being blindfolded).

I found my eyes dry and blurry and I could only focus on TV or reading for short periods with a lot of blinking.

I slept quite comfortably for the first three nights in a recliner lounge chair and then in bed with my head elevated on several pillows.

By about day 4 or 5 my incisions became intensely itchy and was mildly alleviated by the gentle rubbing in of antibiotic eye ointment. Sutures came out on day 8 and I have to wear steri-strips on the outer corner of each eye for 6 weeks.

Bruising faded incredibly quickly thanks to the ice packs. I have very minor ectropian on each lower eyelid which I'm told is due to swelling (and I have researched this on the web - completely normal) and should be resolved by three months.

Overall, I'm very happy. Am only 4 weeks post surgery and already see much fresher eyes!

I am now 20 months post surgery and am not a...

I am now 20 months post surgery and am not a hundred percent happy with how my eyes have turned out. As the scars have healed they have ended up with a pulling down of the lower eyelids, despite taping and massaging. I feel on eye in particular has almost a "palsy" look to it. I would definitely consider revision surgery.

18 months post surgery I am not entirely happy...

18 months post surgery I am not entirely happy with the end result. Unfortunately the way the scars have healed has resulted in a droopiness to the lower lid, despite taping of the incision for 6 weeks post surgery and massage. I would definitely consider another procedure to rectify this.
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon