Considering Removal After Tattoo Turned out Different to What I'd Hoped For! - Gold Coast, AU

Hi all. About 6 weeks ago i went in to start a...

Hi all. About 6 weeks ago i went in to start a large rose tattoo on my side. What i envisioned was three roses going small, big, small on my ribs with some, i guess girly 'swirls'. I sat for a two hour session and what i ended up with was a large completed rose on my hip, and then two slightly smaller rose outlines going up my ribs. So instead of small, big, small which i had asked for. I got Large, big, big. Not what i wanted! I also feel the tattoo was rushed, the outline on the roses is quite 'shakey' close up and to me, the shading looks patchy in places as well. The artist added dense black 'blobs' here and there without mentioning it to me ... Needless to say i have not made an appointment to finish the remaining roses.

While i don't exactly HATE the tattoo, i just feel disappointed as its not what i wanted, it's too large and too low down on my hip! it's like i went in for a rib tattoo and walked out with a hip tattoo? I have gone around in circles for the past 6 weeks.. from being determined to remove it, to just removing the top outlines, to finishing it and seeing if i would like it better then, and now back to wanting to remove it.

I have enquired about laser removal and was quoted 6 sessions to completely remove (there are no colours or anything, just black shading etc) at $200.00 AUD per session. Which i think is reasonable. My concerns are scarring and incomplete removal... I really don't want to go through the process and come out the other side with my hip looking worse.

Anyway, that's my story. I have uploaded to photos of the tattoo. Please feel free to let me know what you think. :)

Further research leaves me discouraged....

So tonight i have been researching different clinics in my area Gold Coast/Brisbane... and i come across two businesses who both look very professional and real, however they both have the EXACT same before an after image of a particular tattoo!!!!

this has left me feeling very discouraged, one website claims to be an actual Dermatology clinic and i thought they might be able to achieve better results.But seeing the same photos on two completely different websites has me very concerned with the authenticity of both of theirs any everywhere else's photos and their results! I am just so confused right now!!

Europe takes priority!

So I've decided to postpone this whole thing until probably after my trip to europe which is in September next year. I'd just much rather focus my money to that right now! My tattoo will be one year old by then, will this hinder or improve removal chances???

I'm obsessed with this tattoo. I would kill for this to be on me instead of what I have! I think you should complete it!
that bottom rose is beautiful. why not have the other 2 roses filled in like the bottom one. I think that would look great.
Thanks :) but I don't like it, feel the roses are too big for my body. Will get it removed eventually.
Your tattoo will fade a lot on its own over the next year. Leaving it won't hinder removal chances at all. The sun will start the fading naturally. Starting the removal too soon is detrimental.
Thanks, but it will likely never see the sun. :( so no natural fading will occur probably lol
I am currently using the picosure in Florida and I just got my first treatment on Saturday. It is pricey but I am hoping that my removal will be only 7 sessions or less versus 15 .. I have color and it's on my foot so not exactly like yours but I did post the beginning pic of this process for everyone and will continuously update as it heals so maybe it will help people decide if paying the price for the picosure is worth it.
Thanks so much! will follow your progress for sure. :)
Your tattoo looks amazing to me, my rose is jacked up I got it 5 days ago and all ive been doing is crying I would love to have your tattoo
Hi, sorry about the late response haven't been back on here, nothing to report unfortunately, not plans to start removing this until next year as I'm saving for Europe. thank you for your comment, I was just reading your review earlier actually! I don't think your tattoo is that bad, but everyone is different. My tattoo is really scratchy and shaky, which is what I hate most about it. Cant see such things in a photo though. How are your treatments going? I'll definitely be following your progress!

Interesting, I have seen that before as well, searching a clinic on line only to find out they have the exact same before and after of another clinic that are not affiliated. That really made me question things before I proceeded. I am glad you are doing your homework. Keep us posted. Lot's of fans on here of your tattoo :)

I'm a tattoo head and this is really too notch work. A Very small percent of people walk around with tattoos this good. I gotta ask who the artist! is
Top notch *
And this is a REALISM tattoo. It's NOT supposed to have clean crisp lines. Do rose pedals have perfectly straight lines in real life? It looks just like a rose would in real life, it's so beautiful you shouldn't remove it
Yeah I 2nd that. No pressure tho LOL
I love your tattoo. It's the perfect size and place to compliment your butt. The half invisible outlines are really sweet too. I'd have this tattoo in a heartbeat. The realism is really impressive.
Thank you Haha :) I would glady give you my tattoo If I could. Oh if only it was that easy to get rid of!

*********************.php This may help. This is where I have been completing my sessions. They are a wonderful bunch of people. I felt comfortable from the moment I stepped into the clinic. The girls are knowledgeable and I see people coming and going from there all the time completing tattoo removal. It is pricey but I have had 0 complications after each session. And I have not noticed ANY scarring. They may be able to help you. Just be aware, it's not cheap.

Hi Tiffany, thanks for taking the time to share your story. It's a very large tattoo, but luckily the whole thing wasn't finished before you realised you didn't like it. Personally, I think you would see excellent results with laser removal as the majority of it looks like shading. Some shading can disappear within one or two sessions, especially on fleshy areas. If it turns out that your tattoo cannot be completely removed, you can always have the rose done again (correctly), or something else. You have lots of options! Good luck with your removal, and don't forget to keep us updated.
Mr Chad is correct, there have been people on here who have had a significant reduction in their shading literally after just one treatment. You don't appear to have many dark, dense lines - which will work in your favour. Don't be too discouraged by the pictures you've seen - look hard enough and you'll begin to see the same stock pictures cropping up all over the place when it comes to tattoo removal company websites. The key things you need to find out are the type of laser they use and if they are reputable (reviews online, how long they've been established for etc).
Thanks Welsh Chad, I had considered finishing it a couple of weeks ago, my thought process being it would be significantly cheaper to do so and I MIGHT end up liking it when it's finished. (Key word, Might! Lol) But after finding this forum and reading stories of people in a similar situation, who did go ahead and finish it only to realise that was another mistake and it's now larger and going to be more costly and time consuming to remove...I have, thankfully decided for good I will not finish it. I am really hopeful that I will be able to completely remove it.. if not, I'm not sure what I will do.
Thanks Wilks, i will definitely be asking for all of that information when i go for consultations, though i cand find many reviews for clinics in my area :S...after reading lots of stories on here I have seen some amazing results. Especially with the Picosure laser, ideally I would like to wait until that laser is launched in Australia and begin treatments then.
It definitely would have been cheaper to finish it, but I'm really glad you thought about it and decided not to; that would have taken a very long time to remove! Look forward to seeing your progress. :-)
The first PicoSure on the Gold Coast will be at the Esteem Day Spa and will be available in a couple of weeks.
I think it looks like a quality tattoo actually, and I think the placement and size work well w/ your body. But it is ultimately your call. The quote you got for removal is very reasonable, but just know that it will probably take more than 6 treatments to remove, unless you are going for a cover-up. No one can ever be sure about the exact number of treatments, but just forewarning you to consider that it may take more. It is a long journey reagrdless.....
Thank you for your kind comments :) I've had friends say the same, but as you said it's my call. Why do you think it will take more than 6 treatments? IT's not very dark and is mostly shading. Did you have a similar colour/shaded tattoo that took longer? I'm hoping to get the Picosure laser when it arrives in Australia, but I think it may be too expensive. Time will tell. :)