24, from New Zealand, Getting Done in Gold Coast, AU

Ive always had small boobs and always thought...

ive always had small boobs and always thought about getting it done but Ive never had enough money to pay for it. now I am a bit older and have more money im looking at getting it done on the gold coast in australia as they have a deal for it to cost 8k which is well cheaper than nz. also my sister lives in gold coast so she will look after me. my bf isnt too fussed either way.

Doctors opinion

so I got an update from the surgeon as I sent my photos to a doctor in Thailand aswell to get there opinion. He said he doesn't recommend round implants and not under the muscle as my nipples are sitting low with a tight short lower breast pole. Has anyone else had this? What have you had done?

new photos

more before photos

Another before pic

Please help! Did anyone have breasts like mine?

Good news from surgeons on here

I've posted on the q & a part of this website and the surgeons there think I could have a normal surgery. I'm still waiting to see what the surgeon in Australia will say and also the final cost

Exciting

So I've been advised by the Australian surgeon he can do my implants. He's suggested textured allergan silicone implants,round dual plane, medium to high profile 250-400cc inframammary incision. Now all I have to do is put down a $1000 deposit to book my space. I haven't got enough money to pay for the whole thing yet so I will probably have it done in about April next year! So excited can't believe I will have boobs finally! Feels like so long to wait!

Update

I've been reading the bad reviews on this site and it's starting to scare me. But I def want to do it still but doing it next year is so long away! I've been talking with my flatmate who has them and she's got 325cc and they are large on her so I don't think I want to go any higher than that. Maybe 350cc

Won some money

Yay I won some money so I might be able to have it done a couple of months earlier in about feb next year ! It's so far away!!

Date set

So I think I will be doing this on 13th feb next year! So excited! I had to tell my boss to ask for time off and he reaction was nearly worse than my parents!

Deposit paid and flights booked

It's almost surreal that this will actually be happening. Breast implants aren't too common here in Nz so I hope people don't think badly of me after I get it done. I have worked up the courage to tell some of my closest friends and surprisingly they are really supportive. One of them even said she would be keen to do it aswell but not just now! Only 6months to go now better keep saving!
Dr Perron

Good on you for getting this done for you!! I am now 3 weeks post op and couldn't be happier so I just know you will love yours. You are right in that we don't hear about women in NZ getting this done. I had to do a lot of research before I got mine done and I visited 3 PS's in the end. I paid $9800 and as I live in Wellington there was no travel or accommodation costs which worked for me. I'll admit that I did think about going overseas but it came down to down-time from work which, I couldn't really afford. Good Luck for your op.
Yeah I'm so looking forward to it! Yeah it has a bit of a bad sigma attached to it here but all of my friends I have told have been quite supportive which is cool. Yours look great are the over or unders? I looked into Charles but he said he does most of his with overs and I kinda want unders so yeah and I think it will work out better priced for me to go to Aussie as my sister lives there and it will be great to have that much time over there! Thanks for your comment :)
We are so similar in pre photos! I'm going to Sydney :)
Yes we are quite similar in our pre photos! How exciting I would go to Sydney to get it done but my sister lives in the goldie so it's quite convenient for me to stay at her place and have her help me! Have you been on the site plasticsurgeryforum.com.au? They have a lot of people talking about the surgeon you are going to and they sound great!
Yayyy that's so awesome that you won money!! And congrats on picking a date that's so exciting :). lol how badly did your boss react?
Yeah I'm so happy! She was like your putting a foreign object in your body, you will have to get a psych test done, I can't believe you are doing this it's not like you don't have any boobs ect ect. I was blown away at her but she's a really negative person anyway so I shouldn't be surprised. My partner also told his mum about it and she said to him she was going to talk to me about it! Lucky I have a Flatmate who has had it done that is quite supportive of it!
Isn't it crazy how people think they have a right to tell you what to do with your own body?! Don't let them discourage you! How does your partner feel about it? Did you tell him he could tell his mom? I would have been livid if my husband told his mom lol
Yea it's crazy! He wants me to wait until after I have kids but I want to do it now coz you are only young once! I am scared a little about how pregnancy will affect it in the future! Are you going to have anymore children? I told him not to tell anyone but he told his mum. I guess it's not that bad coz I am quite close with her and his family as he is living at home with them at the moment because he's at uni so I stay with them quite a bit. I'm probably closer to them than my own family haha
That's great that you are close with his family. Hopefully once you have a chance to talk to her about it yourself she will be more supportive and respectful of your decision. I honestly don't know if I'm going to have more kids.. Its definitely not out of the question, my husband really wants another but I'm not totally sure yet. But like you said, you're only young once, and if I end up having another it probably wont be for a couple years. When I was trying to decide whether to have a BA or not, part of me said wait til I'm finished having kids. But then I thought, what if I don't have any more? Then I would definitely regret going all those years being self conscious and unhappy with my breasts for no reason. And then I thought, even if I have another baby 3 years down the road from now, at least I will still have those years to enjoy my boobs! And they might even end up looking fine after another child, who knows! The only time I would tell someone to wait is if they were planning on getting pregnant within the next 12-18 months, which I'm assuming you are not. Do you have a pretty good idea of how many cc's you want?
You are brave to read those! I know this was silly of me but I purposely avoided them. Probably sounds a little irresponsible but I knew I really wanted to have it done, and that the chances of something horrible happening were pretty slim
Yea once I read a few I just start reading the positive ones and it makes me feel better :) I see there's barley any bad stories compared to good ones!
Exactly :). The other day I finally had the courage to check out some of the explant reviews, and thankfully it didn't worry me at all! I can't relate to what any of those women feel so that makes me feel good!
I know exactly what you mean - I have my BA booked for October, so have time to spend researching before then - and found sooo many negative things on the internet about implants, then I reminded myself how there are negative things about EVERYTHING on the internet. . .not discounting some people's experiences, but most people have a really positive result and experience from BA .I've read lots about how to choose a good plastic surgeon, there are some good write ups on here about that which also say it minimises the risks by choosing well. For me, I feel confident in the one I've chosen - and actually do feel like I trust him and his team. I think it helps. I do sometimes feel nervous - but I guess it's normal, and a big part of it.
Yeah I fully agree! I see you have braces aswell it's cool to find other people going through the same things. Where are you getting your breasts done ?
Yes; I'm starting to think it's like a heap of renovations to get me through the next decade looking better. .haha. . I'm getting my BA done through Advanced Plastic Surgery - Dr David Chin. He was the first surgeon I visited, and I felt confident and safe about him and his Nurse, Keren, who is the nicest person - she just oozes genuine comfort and care. I knew as soon as I walked out to my car that they were 'the ones'. Haha. Who are you booked with for your BA?
Yea I never realised how good it was to smile with straightesh teeth even with braces! Oh cool how much do they cost there? I'm looking at going with cosmeditour but in the Gold Coast dr lyat I believe is there surgeon and it's only $6880 aud. My sister lives there aswell so I will be staying with her which works out well.
It's around 10k - I'm going Transaxillary (under the arm), and Nagor brand silicone. I've seen a few places advertise for around the 7k mark - but I felt like it was important to base my decision on a number of factors, including after care, qualifications, and other peoples reviews - I googled the Dr's I was considering and 'reviews' after their name (in the google search bar). It's sometimes not easy to find reviews - and with most of the plastic surgeons (as opposed to the cosmetic) I found there weren't many with before and afters on their websites - this didn't bother me quite so much. . But I think it's more because I'm closer, and I honestly only saw one before and after with Dr Chin, and was quite happy with what I saw - maybe because of how he kind of stood firm on not going bigger than my body could deal with, and that he also doesn't do the 'fake' look (I'm guessing are the ones that look very bolt-on), which also suits me because I'm not going for that look. . Having said that, I think if I were going overseas I'd like to see them before I went out of my home country. . I started a review with some sizer pics - and it's just been posted if you wanted to take a look? The GC is lovely - it will be a nice place to recover - especially at the end of summertime, and lots of girls have BA done there - so I guess it will have some good surgeons around . . Dr Lyat rings a bell, maybe I read a review on here?
Welcome to realself :). Its a great place to be, lots of information and support! I agree with BettyBlack, I would get a second opinion regarding the placement of over or under. I think most surgeons agree that under is ideal except for very specific circumstances.. which maybe you have? But it would be good to see if there's a way around it! That's awesome that you'll be able to stay with your sister and have the opportunity to pay a little less. What is the average price for a breast augmentation in New Zealand? Jeez I thought it was pricey in Canada! Good luck with everything and let us know if you get any other opinions :)
Thanks for your comment. Yeah that was though a surgeon who is in Thailand so would have based his opinion off just my photos that weren't that good. I'm currently waiting for the Australian surgeons opinion to see what they think and the total cost. In New Zealand it costs about 12000-15000nzd which is quite a bit more than if I go to Australia. It's only 6880aud! And flights are about 400nzd return so works out a lot cheaper! And will be nice to get a holiday overseas aswell!
Wow that's crazy!! How does anyone afford boobs ever there?! You guys must think its sick that Americans can get new boobs for 3 grand lol. How much would it cost you to have it done in Thailand?
Yeah tell me about it. In Thailand it would be about 5-7k including flights and accommodation which is fairly cheap and you get a holiday to Thailand aswell! But my bf isn't to keen on that option and neither am I as you just never know what could go wrong and it's a long way to fly back if something does go wrong.
I completely agree. After care is very important and it seems that most girls end up having some concerns, which usually turn out to be nothing but its still good to be able to see your PS in person for reassurance and examination. I think I personally would worry even more just knowing that my PS was so far away! Definitely worth an extra 1-2k to have some peace of mind
Yeah. I'm based in Auckland New Zealand so I will still have to fly to Australia to get it done but being only a 3 hour flight compared to a 10 hour flight just seems like a better option and gives me more pease of mind. Still waiting for the Australian surgeons to come back to me via email with there opinions on my case but I've had some feedback on the q& a part on here and they said I should be able to have a normal ba!
Yes 3 hour flight definitely better than 10! And if you did have to go back for any reason at least you can stay with your sister and not have to put out more money for hotel etc. That's great that the doctors on RS said you should be able to have a normal ba. I see what the Thailand PS was saying about the short lower pole, you don't have too much distance from your nipple to your crease, but cant they lower the crease to accommodate pretty much any implant? Haha I'm so interested to see what the Australian PS's say!
Yea the Australian ps has said they can do just a normal ba. Would be 250-400cc round textured implants. I haven't heard much about textured implants though have you? Now I just have to book a date. Prob April next year and pay a $1000 deposit