I Did It! - Glenview, IL

I was considering lower face lift for quite some...

I was considering lower face lift for quite some time now. i was going back and forth choosing different procedures. i was't thrilled about lifetime lift after reading all the reviews. At the end of the day i trully believe that no matter what procedure you select the most importand decision will be selecting your doctor. i went to Glenview IL clinic because i saw that Dr. Rachel is doing that procedure there. He is triple board certified and i had a lot of confidence in him.
When i came for consultation i tried to avoid that whole promotional speech and ask the rep to arrande me a meeting with the doctor. He came in and i asked him questions that were my concern. he told me what exactly he will do and what to expect.
i schedule surgery for the next week. when i arrived surgical nurse took me to the room, checked my vitals and took pictures. she also gave me 4 tablets of valium and one tablet of something to control nasuea. i didnt take all four pills, i old her that two valium would be ok for me. i aslo was taking arnica montana for 4days prior the surgery and started anabiotic night before.
After giving me pills surgical tech took me to the operation room. i have to say this was a state of art facility: clean, lots of monitors. she laid me on the warm bed and covered with warm blanket. in a few minutes she started administering local anastesia. i asked her about her experience and she said that she is working with Dr. Rachel for 7 years and she has 30 years of experience in plastic surgery. it made me actually more comfortable.
after injectic some of the numbing stuff she started to pumping actual numbic solution under the skin. i asked doctor about epinephrin and that it gives me heart racing so they used more diluted solution, which was nice and i didnt feel any heart speeding.
in a few minuted doctor came in and he told me what he was doing every step of the procedure. i had my neck muscle tighten under the chin with a little lipo and then he did tighten muscles and skin around my ears. i didnt fall a sleep and hear everything, so probably if you will take all 4pills you most likely will be out. i felt what he was doing but it didnt bother me at all. there were no pain.
i had doctor and two his assistants in the room all the time. i was hooked t o the pressure and oxygen monitors, hering nice quiet music. so it wasnt bad.

after they were done nurse transferred me to the post operation room. i had tight bandages around my face. my face felt pretty tight so i couldnt even close my mouth. i was going home in about 30 minutes.

at home i didnt take vycodin becase it makes me sick so i opted for talenol and ibuprofen every 3 hours. i cant lie - there is a lor of pain, i cant eat from the spoon so im just drinking water and yogurt. it is alo very painful to swallow because of all that neck repair.

all together it took me 4hours in the clinic from the moment i came in. now its 7 oclock and
im sitting in my bed because i cant lay down, it hurts. my neck it really hurts to the touch and i cant see the swalling yet because of thr wraps. tomorrow i will be going back o take the wrapping off, so hopefully i will have pictures to post.

while i was there on the table the nurse commented on my neck and said that it looks very smooth and i have a nice jaw line. i cant wait to see myself.

sorry for my typos, im on my ipad and no spell prof
Glad you did the research braveone!! Happy healing & let us know how it goes!! :)
I had the lower facelift, neck lift & facial peel in Tampa. I have always had a phobia about swallowing, but for some reason I had no concerns about that prior to my procedure. Afterward, altho my face & neck felt tight, I had no problem swallowing & no fears about it. I drank shakes the first day or so & have been fine ever since. My procedure was done Oct. 29.

Third day recovery

The first night was tough. i slept probably 2 hours alltogether. had lot of pain and the wrap was really tight. next day i went to the clinic to remove the wrapping. nurse told me to take shower and show me how to clean insisions.

that second day was tough, i took tylenol but it didnt do much. my only relieve was from ice cold compresses. i actually used ice with water and cloth , it worked better then ice packs because it would contour my face and i dont have to hold it. nurse told me about it and im glad she did. by nine oclock i was so tiered and exhausted so i just took ibuprofen and half of xanax to get some sleep. i slept till 4am and acually feeling much better today. i have no bruising but my face and neck is swollen, also looking at my insions they look very nice. i will add photos when i get to the computer later today.
now its getting better, i can swallow and it doesnt hurt like before. i guess when you do your neck lift it would take time to heal the muscle.

Second day recovery

actually my post was for the second day after procedure

Photos

here are sine before and after. My surgery day and second day

Second day after the surgery

So i had surgery on Tuesday Jan 21. This is picture from Jan 23rd. you can see my neck is swollen and my ear is swollen too. Not much bruising yet...
You look so good & are doing great!! Wow! It even turned up the corner of your mouth!...I need this so bad! Thanks so much for posting your pictures too, it sure does help us ladies in waiting! :)
You are MUCH too early in the procedure to worry about anything right now. It's going to hurt and you are going to look bashed for a couple of weeks, but after that you can cover the bruising with makeup. It hurts and it's scary for the first few days, but it will be OK. If you'd like to call me, you can. six one eight six five four three five six one is the number I have to do it this way or the site removes it!! You'll be OK, the first week I was totally freaked out at how bad I looked, but 4 months later I look great!! email me at my name here at AOL dot com and I'll send you my pics.
You look beautiful!! I had my LL on Sept 24th 2013 and I'm delighted with the results!

Day 3 after surgery ( Friday 24)

No pain! yey! I'm completely off the pain killers. Still taking antibiotic, cleaning the scars twice a day and applying ointment. Still very puffy on the face and neck, tight under the chin and behind ears.
im a firm believer that the most important thing is to find a great doctor who will tell you if the procedure is right for you. i think that a lot of people who has done LL and got bad results are either needed different type of correction or just didnt go with a reputable doctor. when i got a package from LL there was a flyer in it from the office of my surgeon and it says that "procedure is very custom to your needs and doctor will perform what needed best" so i think he would follow LL guidelines but use his own technique to do the procedure. I'm very glad that i did it, i was terrified but wanted it for such a long time. Good luck to you all there!
You are 100% correct! I researched my surgeon I check to see how many lawsuits he had pending, I checked his standing with the state medical board and I doublecheck that he was board certified in plastic surgery. People who have bad results are the ones that don't do their due diligence to find out what they need to know about their surgeon and where they're going. I would never have let anybody but a board-certified plastic surgeon work on my face because it's the only one I have! Look at Priscilla Presley, with all her money she went to a cut rate idiot in a hotel room no less, and let him inject her face with industrial grade silicone and she's now the ugliest thing you've ever seen. She's got no one to blame but herself for the mess her face is now. Anybody so stupid as to go to a cut rate surgeon deserves what happens to them! It wasn't like she had to do it because she couldn't afford the best, because she's a millionaire. You think she's happy she saved the money? The other thing that goes wrong is people have unrealistic expectations and those never turn out well. I knew I was never going to look 19 again, and I didn't care if I looked any younger, I just wanted to look BETTER. I see women all the time with tightly stretched faces, and it's because they told the doctor to pull it way too tight. It never looks natural when your skin is pulled so tight you become Asian-eyed. I stressed to my doctor that I wanted a natural result. I told him I didn't care about looking younger I just wanted to look better and to get rid of the nasolabial folds and the jowls and the marionette lines. I now look a lovely well cared for 45 to 47 years old, which I'm perfectly happy with considering that I'm 55. I actually have to show my ID every time I ask for the senior discount in the restaurants for 55 or over!
Thank you for your reassurance - i really need it. Did you do any special massage after your stitches were removed? I feel like if I would have it massaged it would heal faster .

Day 5

Yesterday i got out of my PJs and relocated from my bedroom to the couch in the living room. I feel more mobile today. I have no pain, just discomfort, my neck is tight, soreness behind the ears... I took a long shower today and washed my hair for the first time. Still swollen around the temples but it's getting softer to the touch. The bruising going down, I'm using arnica gel on my neck. That's the only place where I have yellow bruising. My stitched to be removed in two days so I 'm feeling very excited. I feel like it will be phase two of my recovery after that. I don't do much these days, really didn't go anywhere just took my dog for a walk yesterday for the first time.

Finally clean hair, Ahhh!

Finally clean hair!

By the way--wear your compression bandage ALL THE TIME. It will help you to get a better result. I wore mine almost 24/7 for the first 30 days but it really really helped.
You're going to be just fine. NO SALT. Your ears will be sore for another week or two and then they will improve. Mine are still occasionally tender if I sleep on them wrong--you'll see what I mean. 4-6 weeks for all the swelling to resolve and expect to swell if you eat something salty for at least 2-3 months.
thank you for the suggestions, i agree, any food that high in sodium can keep the swelling. im just juicing a lot and enjoing fruit smoothies. im not a pizza or burger gal, so its easy for me to keep my diet healthy. and since you really cant eat and chew much loosing few pounds was a nice bonus. i find myself smiling a lot these days when i look at myself in the mirror. taking pictures also become an obsession. lol

Day 13 February 2

I'm healing very nicely; my scars on front are completely invisible. I still have swollen tissue behind my ears. My neck is also kindda puffy and tight and I have no feeling under the chin and temples areas. I will phone office tomorrow because i think that I have some fluid under the skin below my ears. I googled it and it's called ceratoma or ceroma. It is very common and should be absorbing by your body, but I wanted to see if the doctor can extract it. Other then that it looks great.
I have appointment on the 15th of march to see about getting this done, Thank you for your post, I am scared so this does help I was told you could back to work the next day ,confusing doesn't seem like the case also concern on cost, but I am going to the same clinic ,so it seems like your experience was good gives me a better feel on having it done.
You will NOT be going back to work the next day. I had this done in September with beautiful results and while you COULD go back to work the next day if you are Superwoman and don't mind letting people see you look like a bashed melon. Plan on taking at least a week off and two would be better because; with proper makeup after two weeks; no one will realize what you had done.
If you are going to Glenview Office - Dr. Rachel is wonderful. His nurse is amazing and the assistants are all good. They will take a very good care of you. I had no bruises - well slightly yellow but not like some pictures I saw here. You definitely will not be ready to go to work next day - too much pain and you will be swollen. I was ready in about 5 days but was working from home another 3 days, so I was home for about 10 days.

Almost seven weeks - March 10th

I had a doctor's follow at week 6th. Everything looks great.The swollen things that I thought is seratoma - were just internal tissue scars that are almost completely dissolved. I still have puffy chin but that's about it. Little numbness and tightness but overall no complains or problems.
Can I ask your age? You look good after this procedure.
I turned 50 last year :)

Three months update

It's almost three months since my surgery. The face is actually back to it's normal self - not swollen anymore. Still some numbness in front of my ears and under the chin. It looks great, especially neck. I still have some soreness in my neck so I can't go for a facial yet :) but very excited with the transformation.
You look great!
Thank you! I feel great and so much happier with my image!
Thank you for posting your review. I decided to search under LSL and I'm glad I did because a lot of women that had mini lifts (confusing with so many different names) your ps did a great job! You must be so happy!

Five Month Update

Everything is going really well. I still have some tight feeling under my chin and ears - but i kindda like it. LOL . I think that this was the best thing that I did. I'm very motivated now - i exercise every day and probably now in the best shape of my life. I love pulling hair up to a ponytail - which I would never do before. Love it, love it, love it!!!
I really appreciate you sharing your experience. After much research and due diligence I have chosen Dr. Rachel. Next Wednesday I am going in for LSL, Naturalin for nasolabial creases and marionette lines, upper and lower eyelids: the whole enchilada. It is reassuring to know what to expect in terms of pain and discomfort. I'm kind of nervous but really looking forward to getting my face back My consultation with Dr. Rachel and his staff went great. They were very kind and thorough in terms of explaining the procedure and what I will need to do for after care.
You look very good! Thank you for sharing your story :)
Thank you very much. I feel great too :)
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

doctor is very experienced, nice staff, excellent facility.