43 Years Old, an 11 Year Old Child, Who Had Deflated Breasts for Years - Glenview, IL

For years I was unhappy with my breasts, the...

For years I was unhappy with my breasts, the droopiness, how deflated they were, and how uneven they were. I knew I didn't want implants but wasn't sure what I wanted. After my first consultation with Dr. Casas, I then knew I wanted a lift with a reduction on one of my breasts, which is what she recommend to me. The procedure was very smooth and somewhat easy, relatively speaking. Dr. Casas' staff from day one has always been phenomenal. Very kind and very sensitive to your needs. Everyone is her office is very pleasant. Dr. Casas has you follow a very regimented diet, before and after surgery, and is very persistent about it, which is all part of her healing process. Because she is a perfectionist, I very much appreciated her approach. She is very patient, very thorough and personally makes herself available to you, should you need her. I appreciate the personal touch I receive from her and from her staff. I would highly recommend her for breast work.
What type of diet are you doing?
Two weeks prior to the surgery, and two weeks after the surgery, I was doing a high protein diet with a lot of vegetables, green vegetables, mostly broccoli, and a lot of chicken. Not many carbs at all, and no alcohol either, for the four weeks in total. My surgeon told me it would make a big difference in the healing process and did and still is. The no alcohol was to minimize the bleeding during surgery, and also the heeling process. Alcohol thins your blood so you don't want that. I am now 8 weeks post surgery. Last week when I saw my surgeon for a follow up, she said I was about a month ahead in the healing process due to me following her instructions. I have also been taking a lot of vitamins too, which has helped. Vitamin D, B-Complex, a food based Multi vitamin and Ester C. Strangely, a smart diet does make a difference, and you feel better too! All of it sounded a bit overwhelming at first but it was easy!
I eat a low carb diet all week. It really helps me control my hunger. I do eat rice and baked potatoes on the weekend and I splurge on other stuff sometimes. My biggest problem now is peanutbutter. i eat it right off the spoon. Downright embarressing how much of that stuff I go through. I've read other post where people have followed a diet like your and swear by it! I am getting a TT and breast lift. The TT definately makes me more nervous than the lift! Maybe I'll gather the willpower to nix the peanutbutter within 2 wks of my surgery. Glad your happy with the outcome;it helps lighten the anxiety. I don't think I'll be brave enough to post pictures either...
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Casas was wonderful to have as my surgeon. She is very caring and adds a personal touch to everything. She truly cares about her patients.