After months of research I decided to go to Dr. G....

After months of research I decided to go to Dr. G. I never thought I would have to get surgery on my face but after a horrible accident I want a new nose. I always loved my nose until I broke it playing softball in middle school and then again 4 months ago when I tripped and planted face first on the bed frame as we were moving. I have been to five consults in Miami and WPB (where I live) but I did not feel 100% confident with anyone. I was not impressed with anyone's before And after photos either. Then I narrowed it down to Dr. G, Dr. Cochran, and DR. Ghavami. I decided to go to Glendale after talking with previous patients and ppl on this website that inspired me. Flying from Florida to Cali in a few days and getting nervous!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Surgery is tomorrow at 10am. I have to be there at...

Surgery is tomorrow at 10am. I have to be there at 8am and my nerves are setting in. I'm really nervous and worried about the bruising and any possible complications . I really hope my surgeon takes his time bc he is a busy busy man. I'll keep you posted and pray for me!!!!

I'll be thinking of you today! I know you're going to be just fine cause you're in good hands!
Yay!!! I'm going to go with Dr. G, too. I'm excited to follow your story. :)
BTW I too had to do my nose due to the accident (2 of them) and prior to that I would not have ever even considered it. It really sucks but you got a good doctor so good luck! Keep us posted.

Surgery was yesterday and it went smoothly. I was...

Surgery was yesterday and it went smoothly. I was vomiting blood at the hospital but the nurses were really nice and comforting. I hope my doctor took his time because he is very busy. I am excited to see the results and cant wait for the swelling and bruising to go down. Today I feel better but really swollen. I've been putting frozen peas on my eyes but I think I may have left them on my face too long. Does anyone know how often I'm supposed to ice?

Do u want me to put a before profile pic up? I feel like my swelling and bruises are getting worse. My face feels really heavy. I'm not in pain but It is very uncomfortable. Didn't sleep much last night but I was more concerned with icing my face but I don't think it is helping anymore. Dr.G did closed on me. He came in to talk to me before surgery but it was very rushed bc he had just come out from his previous surgery. I was at the hospital by 8 and my surgery was at 10 but it went by very quickly. I wish I went first but maybe is is good I was second so he had a chance to warm up lol. He didn't calm me down bc he seemed stressed but the nurse and anesthesiologist made me feel really comfortable. Dr. G asked me how I wanted my tip right before surgery and I told him to do what he thought would look best bc I trust him. I hope I made the right decision. I guess I'll be able to tell Tuesday when I get the cast removed.
Wow that's crazy he asked about the tip the late in the process! I was asking for a before profile. I'm sure it will turn out great! He does great work. I really like him but I feel he is so rushed and wonder if he does every single surgery as if they are all VIP's ?
OMG! The only other time I've ever had surgery (remove wisdom teeth) I was throwing up after...oh man, I can so see this as being me throwing up after surgery. So how was it before the surgery? did you have to wait long? did he go over with you again what he was going to do/calm you down? and did you really feel like it made a difference that you were second that day? (sorry for all the questions..i'm trying to put myself in any situation that might occur lol). Hope you're feeling better! :)

Day 3 is by far the worst day. I am so swollen and...

Day 3 is by far the worst day. I am so swollen and my face feels so hot and ice is making it worse. My dad wanted to show me around LA so I decided to go along but told him I only was up for a car ride tour. It turned out to be a 4 hour tour bc we got lost and then went back to Dr. Grigoryants office which was an hour away. I was freaking out bc my cast is now sitting sideways bc of the swelling. He saw me right away and told me not to worry and not to ice anymore. I feel better after seeing him and I am glad he was comforting. He said my nose was tough for him bc of the 2 previous fractures and he said I had a relatively small nose to begin with which took him longer to shave down the bones. He said the bruising will go away with time, which I already know. Anyway, finally got settled in the hotel room so I'm going to rest. My throat hurts and I'm still just eating oatmeal and soup. It is still very sore from the breathing tube. I can't wait to he able to breathe from my nose.

Does it feel better to be upside down? Just kidding your picture is upside down so its hard to see but you are in good hands here with Dr. G. When is your cast coming off? Are you out of state patient? If so how does that work? Do you have to stay there for 7 days? What about follow ups?
Congrats to you! You are at the worst phase of your healing but it will improve in a couple of days. Rest up and stay on top of your meds. Hugs.
Thank you for your support! You are so sweet! I did feel like he was rushed in btw surgeries but I have trust in him that he did a good job and didn't rush through the surgery. I am keeping positive and I don't regret going to him. I will be able to tell Tuesday when I get the cast removed, I'm nervous with how the tip turned out. He has done an amazing job with you and his two office staff. He really good about getting back to me right away when I have a question and I was so worried today he saw me immediately. I am glad you are happy with the outcome, I think you look gorgeous. When he asked me how I wanted my tip, I said "I want a softer feminine nose that fits my face...do what you think looks good...I trust you."

Yesterday I felt a lot better but I may have over...

Yesterday I felt a lot better but I may have over done it. I'm staying with my aunt and uncle in New Port beach for the night then heading so San Diego to see my other aunt and uncle. My dad has been driving while I rest in the car. I still feel a lot of pressure and I'm very bruised still but the bruises are starting to turn yellow which means I am healing. I can't wait to feel normal again!

I love San Diego! Thank you girls! We go back to Glendale for the cast removal tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes :)
Oooooh have fun in San Diego! Very glad to hear you're bruises are coming along nicely :) You'll be feeling back to normal before you know it!
Enjoy San Diego! I hope you get some good weather along the way. You look so much better in your last pic - glad to hear you're feeling better too!

I just got the cast removed and I am happy! I...

I just got the cast removed and I am happy! I think I'm going to like it. It is still swollen but it will go down every week. Dr. G taped my nose and told me to tape it as much as possible to make the swelling stay down. My skin is breaking out and I am starting to get a rash on my face but I expected it bc my skin is so sensitive to everything. I'll keep you posted on the recovery!

Congratulations Shay! You made it through, and your nose is beautiful. I am so happy for you! Have a safe trip home, and keep posting. I love your results and can't wait to see close-up pics! Big hurray for you!
I know I'm going to love it! I consulted with Dr. Davis, Epstein, Schwartz, Greene, and dr. Bustillo, and Murphy. I am so happy I came to dr. Grigoryants. My family and boyfriend would try to talk me into doing it local but in my mind I wasn't happy and I knew I might regret it if I didn't go with my gut.
Yes I have looked in those Drs too and also Dr Steiger who I may consult with. I like that Dr G does closed rhinoplasty. Do you mind if I ask how much was the surgeons fee and how much for anesthesia/hospital fees?

Today I saw Dr. G and he told me to watch Real...

Today I saw Dr. G and he told me to watch Real housewives of Beverly Hills Monday night because he is going to be on the show. He did Kim's nose and told me to watch it. As for my nose, I'm still swollen as expected and have bruises under my eyes but it is getting better each day. He told me to use Afrin before the plane ride and to tape my nose bc of swelling.

Thank you so much for all your help along this journey! I fly back tomorrow and I see Dr. G today one last time before I go back home. My skin is rely sensitive from the tape so I'm not going to tape my nose during the day anymore. Just at night. Are you still taping your nose every night? Has the swelling gone down? Have you seen a big difference from a few weeks ago? Talk to you soon! I hope you have a great day!

Back in Florida and I had no problems flying! It's...

Back in Florida and I had no problems flying! It's nice to be home and just can't wait for the swelling to go down!

How long did you stay in CA before flying back to Florida? Thanks
Perfect!!!!!
Hey Shay I would love to hear from you! How are you healing? Are you liking the result at this point?

5 months post-op

I haven't been on this website since my surgery but I've been getting a lot of personal messages recently. I have had no problems and I am very satisfied :) I can tell a big difference but everyone I run into doesn't even know I had surgery. Best of luck everyone! Ill post some recent pics.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

5 months post op

U look amazing !!!!

6 month post op

I only have group pics but my skin is finally cleared up and everything is back to normal. Some days I wake up and it is swollen and some days it isn't..usually depends on how I sleep. I am very happy with the results and recommend Dr. G to anyone.

you look perfect !!
Amazing!
lovee the results! you look beautiful :)
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

word of mouth and research