Rhinoplasty with Dr. Grigoryants - Glendale, CA

Hi, thank you for sharing your experiences on this...

Hi, thank you for sharing your experiences on this site, it has helped me a lot! I have been searching for a surgeon to do my rhinoplasty for several years now. After reading your reviews on this site, and looking at his before and afters, I decided on dr. Grigoryants in Los Angeles.

I arranged to have the surgery by email, and transferred the payment two months before. I had to wait about three months to have the surgery.

I also had to provide blood test results (pt, ptt, pregnancy test, cbc, basic metabolic panel) That provided a challenge. I had my doctors appointment 2 weeks before I was travelling to the US. However, my doctors office managed to lose my blood samples TWICE, so I had to take three blood samples at thee different hospitals. It was a lot of work getting the results in time. My advice, have the tests taken one month before the surgery.

After the third test I found out that my doctor had not included all the test I needed. The most important tests were there, but I was still worried that there would be problems going forward with the surgery. I sent the dr. an email with the test results asking if everything was ok. The assistant only told me to bring the results with me.

In the end it wasn´t a problem. But I wish the dr. could have answered my question by email, and confirmed that it was ok for me to do the surgery. I would have been a lot less stressed out.

After a 16 hour flight I got to LA the day before my consultation. The consultation was quick, only a few minutes. He didnt want to touch the bridge of my nose at all, which surprised me. (I wanted it taken down just a little bit, to avoid the "beak" like shape) I also feel like my nose sticks out too much, but he didnt want to change that either. (He said that by reducing the size of the nostrils it would look better) He agreed with me that my nose was too broad, and he said he would make it smaller on the sides, the tip smaller and the nostrils smaller/shorter. The tip was also a bit uneven, with one part sticking out a little bit, so he said he was going to take that in a bit to make it even.

He said he could raise the tip a little bit for me if I wanted, but I said I didnt want that. My biggest fear is getting nose that is too upturned.

I showed him a few photos of noses I liked(Emma Watson; dr. G though she needed a nosejob as well), and what I didnt like (Heidi Montag, as well as too upturned noses and pinched/Michael Jackson noses).

Surgery day

I arrived at the hospital by taxi the morning after my consultation. my first impression wasn't very good, as the woman taking my paperwork was quite rude/unstable. she got angry with me for filling out a form incorrectly.

putting in the iv in my hand was very painful (7/10). turned out that the nurse had missed the vain and was pushed the tube through my flesh. i had to put in another one later (no pain). something that looked like a used needle also fell out from my hospital bed, which didn't exactly reassure me.

i got to meet the anesthesiologist and the operation room nurse. Both were really nice and professional, that made me feel better.

I was really groggy after the surgery. I had imagined waking up to someone telling my that the surgery had been a success, that i was going to be fine etc, but that didn't happen. i remember asking for painkillers (pain 4/10). then i was told i had to go home. i wasn't able to move my body and the nurse had to put my clothes on. i had booked a caregiver from the care at home program to take me to the hotel. i didn't feel any nausea or pain. i have been taking antibiotics every 8 hours and painkillers every 4 hours.

in the evening something strange happened. there was a sharp pain in my left foot, right by the vain, and the area turned pink/red at once. i couldn't move the foot. it felt like a foreign matter/clot trying to squeeze through the vain. since I'm alone i got really scared, afraid it was a loose blood clot moving towards my lungs/brain. then my left arm started feeling strange. i tried to call dr. g but i didn't get an answer, then i called the hospital. the woman at the emergency room told me she has not allowed to help me over the phone and then she hung up. since i wasn't completely sure my insurance would cover it i wasn't really eager to go to the hospital without checking with them first (the insurance company said they would call me back but never did). thankfully after about 30min dr. g answered my email, saying it wasn't a blood clot and for me to massage it.

Day 2

I haven't been able to sleep a lot. Last night for I slept for about 4-5 hours(I was awake during the day). Today I have slept for two hours during the day, hopefully I´ll get to sleep tonight.

Day 2 has been the most painful so far. my neck and throat are sore, and me head feels heavy. The most annoying thing is that my nose is stuffed up and that its running a lot.

Also, the cast is falling off. when i woke up from surgery i was crying so the tape got wet. I sent dr. g an email about what do do, but he didn't answer. i have been trying to tape it to keep it from falling off.

Cast off:)

Took my cast off today. Had some filler (perlane) in my lips as well:) Happy with my nose so far.

Not the improvement I was hoping for

I had hoped the nose and the nostrils would be smaller by now. I don´t like the profile, how the nostrils flares out and up. Still lots of swelling under my eyes.

I had a closed rhinoplasty btw. He only made the nose slimmer. Didn´t touch the bridge or the angle of the nose.

I am expecting the tip and sides of the nose to become a lot smaller, but I´m not sure what I can expect from the nostrils...I am hoping they become a lot smaller then they are now.

can anyone see a difference?

im almost 2 months post now. my nose looks the same as it did a month ago. still quite swollen (at least i hope its swelling)

4 months..

here is a small update. sorry for the picture quality. from 2-3 months I didnt see much of a difference. now, 4 months after surgery I can see the swelling going down on the sides of the bridge at least. the left side is uneven unfortunately, but its not so noticeable in this picture. Im trying to stay positive, but its hard sometimes. unhappy with my nose so far. fingers crossed that it will improve:/

11 months

Sorry for not updating. I have been unhappy with my results and not really wanting to update or share photos. I sent dr. G an email with my concerns but he just told me to wait until 18months...thats a long time..I almost feel like the profile looks worse that before, the tip kind of looks a bit beak like in some angles(perhaps still swelling?). and its a bit more droopy than before. The tip and bridge are a tiny bit smaller than before, but not a lot, and not at all what we talked about in the consultation. The nostrils are still big and flared. There is also an indent on the side of the bridge that is bothering me(but its not that noticable in the photo). I think i´ll probably have to have a revision, i cant imagine it will change much more now..what do you guys think?
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I had my surgery yesterday, so its a bit early to tell. I got a good impression of Dr. G, he seemed very competent and professional.

I truly think your nose looks like it belongs to you. Very natural.
The last shot of the profile is gorgeous! I sympathize with you- the worst feeling is not getting a result you had hoped for. I had my bridge size decreased - mine was very wide before. However, I think your nose is very symmetrical to begin with and has a nice shape naturally. Mine was changed because my tip was very bulbous and if the tip was refined, the bridge also had to be narrowed to be proportionate with the change in the tip.
Your nose looks very symmetrical to me Hun. It's difficult to see the entire side view due to the blacking it out. Did you express to him you wanted a scooped profile ?
The front was really improved a lot! You're a rare person to not get a scooped cute profile from Dr. G.... Right? I'd definitely be requesting that revise the profile just being honest. He's capable of great things! Sorry u havevto deal with this :(
Is that really your after ? I'm sorry I don't mean to sound rude. It's just a bit hard to believe.
Your nose look great to me. From reading other post I believe you're just experiencing swelling.
The front looks better after but I like your profile before.
I'm not sure why you are not happy I think it looks great just as most of Dr. G's Noses. I myself had surgery with him in April and could not be more pleased! Perhaps you have unrealistic expectations? Do you have a side before pic?
you're full of it stop discounting how she feels about her nose just because you had your desired result
You can mind your own business! I'm trying to understand why she's not happy. And unless you yourself had surgery with this doc I suggest you keep your rude comments to yourself!
what do you mean trying to understand why she's not happy? She's posted pics. If YOU received the same degree of change that Grigoryants gave her, you would be unhappy too. You both had bulbous noses. The difference is he actually created change for you while he didn't for her. This isn't about having "unrealistic" expectations. This happens every time there's an unhappy G patient. His happy minions try to make the posters feel crazy about the fact that they're unhappy about a result that would make ANYONE unhappy.
That's your opinion I'm sorry but I honestly do not see were her nose is bulbous or asymmetrical ? I would like to see some before and after of the side profile as that might be a different story. And yes I'm VERY proud to be one of Dr G"s patients and I will only speak highly of him as he did an amazing job on not only myself but LOTS of other patients.
There is a profile pic of before and after. It shows how its a bit droopier and not changed upwards in the angle or scoop at all.
hi there, just wondering how things are healing. Hope all is well with you.
Hi, I'm just wondering how things are going. I too am thinking of flying to the US for surgery with Dr G and was wondering how you coped with being on your own and how long you stayed in the States after your surgery? Also, were costs a lot more expensive (tests, prescriptions etc) because you were not a US citizen?
it was pretty unpleasant recovering on my own. that the AC broke down in the hotel i was staying in didnt help things. i left 8 days after surgery. that was fine; but make sure u dont pack heavy. dr g gave me the prescription to vicidon for free, and i just paid the same as everyone else at the phamacy. i did all my bloodwork in my native country, so no more test in the us.
I really dont think u needed the surgery in the 1st place. I see nothing wrong with your original nose
Hi there. I was wondering how your nose is doing these days. Any updates?
There is still swelling. But I think it does look narrower at the base. The bridge also has more definition. Hang in there it will get better. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the updated picts! There seems to be less swelling in the bridge area, but it's hard to tell on these picts. Is it still feeling weird on your face or have you gotten more used to it? Mine still feels weird.
haha, i just sent u an email:) iv gotten used to it for the most part. the tip has been really hard, but today its actually a bit better. what about urs?
my tip is starting to soften a bit, it moves a little when pressed now. It was super stiff and unmoveable before. I am starting to forget it is on my face which is good, before it felt so different I was always aware of it. Hope your seeing the changes you hoped for now.
Hi, it has been a while. How are you healing? Are you feeling any better about your results?
Updated picts?
i´ll put some up soon:) but i cant really see a change from the last photos i put up.