Upper Bleph in Los Angeles, CA Cost: $1,800 - Glendale, CA

As long as I can remember I have had extremely...

As long as I can remember I have had extremely heavy upper eyelids, and they have always bothered me. Eyeshadow was a complete waste of time (and I love make-up so this was always disappointing).
When I was overly tired, the appearance was even worse. My eyes would look like tiny little pellets lost in two giant beach balls!
In June of this year, I went in to have a small cyst removed from my inner eyelid, and during the visit with the doctor I asked her if I would be a good candidate for upper blepharoplasty and she said yes. I was worried that the cost would be outrageous, but I was happy to find out it wasn't that bad. I had successfully put my son through high school, braces for him, a car for him, etc. and now it was time for ME!
I had my surgery on Friday, August 16. The entire procedure took about an hour. It was essentially pain-free, but I did have a few moments of discomfort here and there. However, I do have a high pain tolerance.
I am now on Day 5, and I can say in all honesty that the recovery has been virtually pain-free. The only discomfort I feel is tightness in the eyelid area and a bit of itching where the stitches are. I have a lot of bruising, but the swelling was down significantly by Day 3. I am having the stitches removed on Friday, August 23.
The first 24 hours I applied ice only, and then all subsequent days I was instructed to only apply warm compresses. I am taking Arnica Montana in pill form and applying it topically as well. I am also taking Bromelian and Vitamin C - both of which are supposed to aid in the healing of traumatized skin. And I'm drinking lots of water and pineapple juice : )
Over all it has been a drama free experience and I am so glad I did this. I will try to post some pics as soon as I can. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Upper Bleph Update...

I am 3 weeks and 1 day post-op. My left eyelid is still bruised about 20%, and my right eye is still bruised about 45%. Didn't think I would still be bruised at this point, but guess I'm just healing verrry slowly. I continue to have zero pain. Thank goodness for concealer!
Jeannine Scheinhorn, M.D.

I've been wanting my upper eyelids done for a few years now. I have this extra skin and it always looks like I am tired or sleepy. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but like to do my eyes which is a problem. Thought it would be super expensive but this is affordable and in my part of town.
Oh meant to ask.....where you asleep or awake for procedure itchystitches?
Hi there, yep - I was awake the entire time!
I always had the tired/sleepy/mad/hit with a brick look as well. I have -never- worn eyeshadow because there was no point. I thought the procedure was super expensive as well. Then I realized that the prices I was finding was for both upper and lower eyelids. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out the price for just the upper. So do you think you're going to have this procedure done? If you've wanted it done for years, I say go for it! : )
That is great to know.
I hate the way the droopy lid makes my eyes look....it ages me. I wear a little eye shadow, but I want the extra skin removed. In the morning its all puffy, then later in the day it droops. Yes I want it done and starting to check into it now. I am 48 and don't look my age until you get to my eyelids.
Thank you for this! I am having mine done on September 5th and the closer it gets, the more nervous I am!! Can't wait to see your photos!!
You must be so excited! I'm very happy for you! I have read that upper bleph is one of those PS procedures where you really do get the most bang for your buck. That added to the fact that the recovery is pretty much a piece of cake...I would recommend it to anyone!

"My eyes would look like tiny little pellets lost in two giant beach balls!"  OMG that is hilarious!  Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading about your recovery :)

LOL glad to make you smile : )