Upper Bleph in Los Angeles, CA Cost: $1,800 - Glendale, CA

As long as I can remember I have had extremely...

As long as I can remember I have had extremely heavy upper eyelids, and they have always bothered me. Eyeshadow was a complete waste of time (and I love make-up so this was always disappointing).
When I was overly tired, the appearance was even worse. My eyes would look like tiny little pellets lost in two giant beach balls!
In June of this year, I went in to have a small cyst removed from my inner eyelid, and during the visit with the doctor I asked her if I would be a good candidate for upper blepharoplasty and she said yes. I was worried that the cost would be outrageous, but I was happy to find out it wasn't that bad. I had successfully put my son through high school, braces for him, a car for him, etc. and now it was time for ME!
I had my surgery on Friday, August 16. The entire procedure took about an hour. It was essentially pain-free, but I did have a few moments of discomfort here and there. However, I do have a high pain tolerance.
I am now on Day 5, and I can say in all honesty that the recovery has been virtually pain-free. The only discomfort I feel is tightness in the eyelid area and a bit of itching where the stitches are. I have a lot of bruising, but the swelling was down significantly by Day 3. I am having the stitches removed on Friday, August 23.
The first 24 hours I applied ice only, and then all subsequent days I was instructed to only apply warm compresses. I am taking Arnica Montana in pill form and applying it topically as well. I am also taking Bromelian and Vitamin C - both of which are supposed to aid in the healing of traumatized skin. And I'm drinking lots of water and pineapple juice : )
Over all it has been a drama free experience and I am so glad I did this. I will try to post some pics as soon as I can. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Upper Bleph Update...

I am 3 weeks and 1 day post-op. My left eyelid is still bruised about 20%, and my right eye is still bruised about 45%. Didn't think I would still be bruised at this point, but guess I'm just healing verrry slowly. I continue to have zero pain. Thank goodness for concealer!
Jeannine Scheinhorn, M.D.