32 Years Old Great Clear Skin Ruined by Ipl - Glasgow, GB

I had IPL done in Glasgow just over 18 months ago...

I had IPL done in Glasgow just over 18 months ago and the results have been devastating. I have suffered with dark circles after having my first child 8 years ago but apart from that I've never worn make up in my life and always got complimented on my skin. Having been successfully treated by Dr Lucy Glancey (restylane tear trough procedure) in the past, I decided to look for a more permanent treatment closer to home. Being from Glasgow, travelling to London every 9 months just wasn't practical for me. I found a clinic in Glasgow which looked very professional, for consultation and described what I was looking for. She said IPL could be done on the very lower part of my dark circles as any higher was where the googles sat and wouldn't be safe to treat. Skin test was done at consultation, I assume skin type etc would also have been noted as well as further information. My next appointment was booked for 3 weeks time after I had come back from a weeks holiday in South England. A new 'therapist' greeted me and told me the previous person I had spoken to was on holiday but she had given her my notes. She didn't ask me too much but before the treatment I had told her I had been on holiday and she could clearly see I was peeling on my nose and shoulders (it had been glorious sunny weather for the whole week). No googles were given and although I was told it would be uncomfortable, it was really painful as she started on my right side. On moving to the left side she said there was a small blemish on my cheek she would treat for no extra fee. oh, I must add, noone knew I was getting this done and I was very repetitive with the question, "I won't blister, will I?". Both therapists gave the same answer (theres no way I would have done it otherwise), "it will be a slight sun blush that will disappear by tomorrow morning". After treatment, my face felt like it was on fire, I wasn't given a mirror and as I left I felt that my fcace had been burnt. I got to my car 10 minutes later and the blisters were already visible. My face was a complete mess. I was horrified. Later that afternoon the blisters burst and looked infected. Over the course of the next few weeks my face scabbed over and looked totally unsightly. Everyone was asking me what had happened and I felt totally ashamed for letting someone do this to my face. It is now 18 months later and my once lovely skin is totally wrecked, I have small broken capillaries all over my cheeks and scars from where the scabs were. The texture of my skin is horrible, open pores and this horrible orange peel texture. I notice new damage all the time. I have been put on Retinol products to try to improve my skin but I must admit, I am absolutely terrified of doing further damage to my skin. Has anyone else gone through this and improved the appearance of their skin? I can't and don't want to wear make up as it makes me spotty and I hate the feeling on my skin. If you have relatively good skin with only a few very minor blemishes, I would advise you to stay away from lasers, I think the damage is irreversible and I feel progressive. I am tempted to try dermaroller but not sure whether this would make redness worse due to tiny capillaries.

I must say you are "lucky". "Lucky" because when I saw the first 2 pictures I said, OH-MY-GOD. That's definetly a burn from the IPL, they didn't do it well and they burned you (So it's the person who did it the responsable of your damage) But after it, I got surprised of how well it healed. Yes, there is a very minor brown mark left, but god, seeing how it was before I thought you would look like freddy krugger and you just have something unapreciable. Besides that, there are ugly marks and others that are not. Your mark is not ugly at all. You are still as pretty as before, and every man who see that mark (if they can see you) isn't going to think that makes you less pretty because it doesn't. I must say, I'm almost sure it will disappear with time. YEs, it has been one year and half, but sometimes those things take many years so don't worry about it, it's something but at the same time is nothing!
When I said *If they can see you, I ment *If they can see it
unfortunately i suffered the same fate. Ipl treatments for my rosacea left me with an orange peel skin look all over my cheeks. i have read that this could be due to collagen loss.

Very Unprofessional And Not Willing To Admit Any Liability