41 Years Old, 4 Children - Winnipeg, MB

Hoping to get some good Healing advice and tips....

Hoping to get some good Healing advice and tips. Having an augmentation and Tummy tuck procedure with Lipo. I would also like to know some tips on how to reduce cellulite and what may or may not work. Have not had much time for myself until now. Kids are older and I find myself unhappy with the neglect I did to myself. I am starting to travel more and want to look and feel good about myself.

8 days post-op

Well I am now 8 days post op and starting to get around and sleep better. Still quite swollen which is to be expected. Feeling pretty good about the results so far.
Dr Chuback/Dr Lockwood

Forgive my many typos -- my phone always thinks it knows better than me.
Hi! Congratulations! You may be wondering why everyone says that -- and the truth is, there are lots if reasons. Congratulations that you're there, and that you are able to get the procedures done (let's face it -- it's EXPENSIVE!), and then after, congratulations that you made it through and are in the other side. It'd not am easy surgery and so I automatically feel close to those who have also been through it. I am 5 weeks post op and am so glad, so grateful, so blessed to have done it! My "hints," I'm no particular order: 1.) Have everything you need within arm's reach before you get home. And I do mean, arms reach. 2.) A long "grabber" will be your new best friend. 3.) Do prepare yourself for the blues. This took me completely unawares. Besides the expected "why did I do this to myself," I was just so down for a couple days. 4.) I agree with he writer who said to follow instructions. No lifting means NO lifting. Ditto bending, sex, showers while the drains are in, etc. I am very glad that I followed my surgeon's instructions exactly. Good luck to you, I mean that sincerely. Personally, my surgery was so much more than makeover. I had gratefully given my body to my children, and five weeks ago, I just as gratefully took it back. God bless!
It sounds like you are at a great place in your life...taking care of YOU. Here's a list of supplies for recovery that might be helpful. Keep reaching out! We have a wonderful group of supportive ladies here. :)
Thank you. That will help
Congratulation on your oncoming procedure..... Healing process, just fallow your PS post instruction 100% and your healing will smooth and easy as for my own experienced. I'm now going to 5 weeks and never encounter any problems on my recovery period. What I felt is everyday progress and my body look wonderful. I had same as your on coming procedure. Patience is the key for successful healing.......and stay positive... Good luck.
Losing body fat overall can help reduce the appearance of cellulite to a point, but we are genetically predisposed to having it to whatever degree we have it, and mostly there is no way to actually get rid of it. It just becomes less obvious the more weight we lose and the more toned our muscles are.
Congrats on your decision! I'm scheduled for December. I'm currently working on trying to lose 30 lbs and like you, I hope to find something that works for cellulite. My thighs are hideous. I've read that cutting out fatty, fries foods, doing cardio and lots of water helps with minimizing the look of cellulite. Good luck, I hope you will post before and after pictures!