Glad I Did Fraxel Repair!!!!

I had fraxel repair done to my face and neck 7...

I had fraxel repair done to my face and neck 7 days ago. I am 44 years old and wanted it for eyes crepes, sun damage, and some added lift to face and neck from age.

The first couple of days you look like a monster! Then swelling and redness come on.

I am happy that I did it so far. Make sure you are realistic on the time frame of healing. I think it takes at least 10 days before I would be comfortable going out of the house (minus a drive-through). Very excited about having fraxel repair!

Researched the doctor and knew the doctor was good.

Check out using fat it has stem cells that improve skin ect... I was researching stem cells and fat as a way to help heal my damage from this laser... UVA did studies helping veterans heal from burns and transplants using fat with stem cells... Google stem cell facelift or stem cell fat....
Thank you"awalk" for your honest response. I will look into the derma roller, now, Oh and thanks for the tip. Any particular brand? Still gonna do some fillers:)
Skip the radiation and order a derma roller...It does the same thing... See christine pics or look at mine we both had nice skin before
This laser goes to deep ...killing stem cells ect... They are basically doing fractionated radiation treatment to your face and you end ub with compromised radiation damaged skin.... Please this is a marketing ploy Not only are they destroying womens faces..You are paying double what the standard resurfacing was in 2007.. Everybody says they think it's fine at first and are not happy 6 months or less later... They end up with saggy damaged skin dark patches or scarring,,, It looks better at first because the veins are coagulated so it looks smooth and creamy....But it's dead skin like a scar....no blood flow.... When the new skin surfaces it is scarred or looks bumpy like acne/acne scarring
I am sooooo confused now. One person sais they see visible results, the next person not so much (even after 3.5 months.) Do I spend the big bucks or just go for the fillers?
Mine was done about 6 months ago. At first thought it was going to "rock". Seems to be goin back little by little to the way it was. I am dissappointed.
Tatumbelle, Sorry to hear that Fraxel didn't work for you. When you say "you can't tell I had anything done" what results were you looking for -what were your goals for the procedure?
Chardy and FairesOfAll, I would really discourage you from throwing your money away. I too had my face and neck done and at first I thought I was going to have results. Now it is 3 1/2 months later and I can't tell I had anything done other than my bank account is a lot smaller. Beware. You will notice very little difference in the long run.
It has now been over six weeks for me since I have had fraxel repair and I am thrilled with my results! My complextion looks so much better and I have a glow. My eye area looks at least 50% better than before fraxel. My brown sun spots are all gone, and my skin is smooth. I do notice a difference.
Hi Susiez, Thank you for posting. Please keep us updated on your results as weeks and months have passed. I too have been reading about results not lasting as Chardy had mentioned. BTW "Chardy" I have scheduled the Fraxel for January, and I too will let you know. Best, FOA
susiez, Good to hear you have a positive outlook on your healing process. I think you are realistic in what to expect and sounds like you did your homework. All the fraxel repair posts are so negative which in turn freaked me out so much that I have decided to wait until next year. Let us know how youre doing in a month. My biggest concern is it doesnt last and your old complextion comes back. Hopefully Not! Good luck & happy holidays!