28 Yo Mom to 2 Kids. I'd Like the Volume Back! - Gilbertsville, PA

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 28...

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 28 years old, happily married for almost 7 years. We have two children, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. I've been lurking on the site for two years and now that I've officially decided to get a BA, I've joined.

My story is pretty typical: I was a small B cup prior to having kids. I loved my body (I should mention I'm 5’5 and 130lbs) and never thought I'd consider a BA. Fast forward to getting pregnant, breast feeding for a year, getting pregnant a week after I stopped nursing, then breast feeding for another year...yea my breast have disappeared haha I have NO volume left. I'm AA now.

When my second child stopped nursing in 2012 I was so depressed on how different my breasts became. I started thinking about getting a BA but didn't want to rush into a decision so I've been thinking about it since then.

I know other women can relate to this: it makes me so sad looking in the mirror. I HATE messing around with the extra padded bras so I look like I have some kind of breasts. They are so uncomfortable and never fit. When I don't wear a bra it's even more depressing. It affects the intamicy between me and my husband. I used to love doing things that involve that area with him and now most times I can't let him near my chest. I used to love my breasts, now I'm mortified.

I've decided it's time to gain my body back. I want to feel like me again, and gain confidence back. I'm going to call a few doctors to set up consultations but first I wanted to post the names of the doctors to see if any of you ladies saw them and what your opinions were. Any opinion is appreciated!

The doctors are:

Dr. Scott Chapin
Dr. David Bottger
Dr. Eric Marchant
Dr. Brain Reedy
Dr. Craig Mezrow

I'm so happy to be here; to share, to hear from everyone, to get help! :)

Booked Consultations!

So I have 3 consultations booked:

On 7/28 I see Dr. Brian Reedy
On 7/30 I see Dr. Chapin
On 8/7 I see Dr. Marchant

If anyone has personal experience with any of the doctors I'd love to hear it!

Opinions on Gummy Bear Implants?

So initially I was leaning more towards a saline implant but, after speaking to the patient coordinators and learning 95% of the time the doctors use gel implants, I'm more curious about them.

I love how it's impossible for them to leak and wrinkle. One thing a patient coordinator told me was that they are very predictable, which was a concern for me.

Has anyone gotten the gummy bear implants and want to share their opinion on them? I'd love to hear any personal experience with them! =)

Photos!

Pictures of Wish Boobs

Heyyy!!! Let me know how your consultation with reedy goes. I love him but not too sure about having my surgery in the office setting...
Hi! I will let you know, it's on 7/28 and I'm so excited! I've never heard a bad thing about this doctor and he has hundreds of awesome reviews. As for the surgery setting, my best friend, she's a doctor, she said having your own facility is so difficult and to adhere to all those regulations and standards is tough. She said that would not affect her decision to pick a doctor so that's good enough for me lol Do you have more consultations?
I go to so many. I can't even think anymore hahha. But I love reedy and his staff. I just personally don't know anyone who has theirs done by him. Ahhh. Who's is your carecordinator ?
haha I guess it's better to go to a lot than not enough! I've been working with Olivia. Since it's still early in my process I've only spoken to her on the phone once. Did you try on sizers and everything in your consultation? How long was it?
Yeah. Tried on couple sizes. The consultation was actually not that long about half an hour. Then again I didn't have any questions. I work with Olivia as well
I'm sure trying on sizes was fun! I have a consultation (on 7/30) with Dr. Chapin in Doylestown. You didn't happen to see him as well did you? In early August I have a consultation with Dr. Marchant but my first impression wasn't as good as it was with the others so I'm not sure if I will keep the appt. I'd love to know which doctor you end up picking, keep me posted!
It was. I look great haha. But remember to keep in mind when you try on sizers. They will look bigger outside of your body haha. No I haven't been to those doctors. My co workers went to this female plastic surgeon in allentown and said she was really good. Forget the name. I'm really thinking reedy. But I will keep you posted. You do the same
Hi there :) I had my surgery done in an office setting in Bellevue Wa. My doc owns the office and is board certified plastic surgeon. I felt much more comfortable having my surgery done within his office seeing as I knew everyone there was chosen by my doc. It felt more private and personal and my doc was never far away during my recovery. Big operating rooms have always made me anxious, when I walked into his operating room, I felt very comfortable. His office us also within Overlake hospital so I knew if a problem arose, I would be cared for. :)
Ahhh thanks!! Maybe I'm just over thinking about the office.
tyg3r82~ that's how I feel about the office/surgery setting too. Thanks for sharing!
I wouldn't have a problem with an office surgery .. so long as it was sterile and a hospital close by .. just in case. I think it's more important to have a board certified PS AND Anesthesiologist
I have the gummy bears! I went with Sientra anatomical (tear drop), with a round base...it has a higher projection, and textured. I LOVE THEM!!!! You can check out my profile. I was aiming for a more natural slope...no round ball. I'm thrilled! I had 320cc on rt / 270cc on left. My right breast was always smaller. I would choose these again in a heartbeat!
Oh my gosh thank you for your advice! Can I ask you what your stats are? Height, weight, pre op size, post op size? And also how do they feel? I'm worried that the gummy bears seem heavy but I could just be making that up lol I saw your pictures, you look great! How much do you love them?!
5'4", 125lbs. 32-34 A pre. Haven't measured yet, but think 34C , 32DD. I don't feel them at all. They are a little firmer because they are "form stable", but will soften up. They don't weigh anymore than the others. Less capsular contractions and less rupture rates than any other implant. Only board certified PS are allowed to use them. You can go to Sientra .com and get lots of info. Size will depend on your BWD and whether you choose round, or shaped. I have shaped....that has 3 choices- classic-oval-and round base, which is what I have. I'm Sooooo happy with them!
***32D, not DD. One other thing. Mine are textured. The PS makes a pocket in the shape of the implant so it doesn't have room to rotate. Surgery takes a little bit longer. These will drop and fluff a little bit but they are designed to stay where they are put!
Thanks! I know the doctor I'm liking the most right now (Dr. Reedy) uses Sientra. But I'm going to go to two doctors before I decide on one (if I don't like any of them I'll go to as many as I have to lol). I love the natural slope too so I was thinking about the tear drop implant. Originally I was thinking I'd do for a small C but now I'm like just throw some big Cs/ small Ds in there! lol I'm scared after the swelling goes down I'd wish I'd gone bigger. Thank you so much for sharing.
I know what you're saying. I wish I could have gone a bit bigger....but that's just from seeing anna1989's boobs! In reality, mine fit me perfectly. Sientras are decided a lot based on breast width. Your PS will help you decide. Take lots of wish pictures with you.
I posted pictures and dimensions of my implants on my page.
Great! Thanks for the tips! :)
Glad you joined realself, its a great place to be :). Looking forward to hearing about your consultations!
Thanks! I'm getting so very excited! I can't wait to try on sizers lol
By the way I'm adding your pictures as wish boobs pics! :)
Wow thank you so much.. That is a huge compliment. I'm honored lol!
From what I've read so far the gummy bears (tear drop shape) are best suited for woman who are fairly flat or reconconstruction surgery. Good luck on your journey and keep posting!
Interesting! I'm so glad I'm learning as much as I can prior to my consultations. I'm flexible on the kind of implant so I'll see what my doctor says, too. Thank you very much!