dysport ~ not worth the risk - Gig Harbor, WA

I had 3 lines across forehead, a couple faint...

I had 3 lines across forehead, a couple faint "crows feet" lines and a deeper line next to my mouth other than that NOTHING. I really am not one to go down these paths but at age 36 I went along with my friends and had it done too. The injector from the Plastic Surgery office is said to train many on this type of procedure. First time I saw her for my forehead it was painful and had "goose" eggs on my forehead and really bad bruising.(She said she must have hit a vein) Mid December (2011) I had my forehead, chin, eyes and a couple spots around mouth. A small amount of Restylane into the deep line. Right away deep line became deeper and a darker color and had a blemish type thing at the top of the wrinkle for a couple weeks and a lump which I had to massage out. Now for the Dysport. My face has fallen and it can't get up. Eyes look and feel awful and really do look exhausted and 10 years older. (worked fine for my friends just not me)

hope this will get through my computers having problems so typing fast! i have to say you are very beautiful and i do think that you still look beautiful so hopefully, that helps some.. i sure do understand the depression though. hopefully it will wear off completely, in my case it has not yet, it has been 5 months. i still have two very noticeable huge new marks on the right of my forehead, were never there before. its exhausting and also physically painful and gives me lots of headaches which i never had before.. dr was sympathetic at first but after passing 5 month mark i told him it wasn't funny anymore and its really starting to get grueling. i told him i didn't blame him but wanted to work together to somehow fix the damage. he is considered the best but he looked like a deer in headlights. these people are playing with fire because in many people things might go ok, but when things dont go ok, they have NOTHING to say and nothing to offer. not even the very best of them.

its marketed as something very minor and safe with minimal effects and little risk, risk that is very rare and 'always' totally reversible and it this is just obviously not the case. this is why people get caught in these situaions because its sold as this extremely minor minimal non-risky thing so people dont even think to research it very very thoroughly like with more extensive procedures. when something goes wrong though, it can be such a disaster and take soooo very long to get better. you do still look beautiful though and hopefully, it will go back to normal. i also feel it made me look much much older. and its been -very- depressing. i put up a thread asking if anyone ever does completely get better.. so far, -noone- has answered it. i still hope the effects will go away completely but honestly, my dr's reaction was really scary. hopefully we'll all go back to normal and the people administering this stuff will quit using us as guinea pigs. >< good luck. also, supposedly, cardio exercise, massage, steam room etc helps and i have found that usign a small hand massager on my face as well as warm compresses and ice compresses, depending how things feel, has helped a lot. good luck getting better.

THANK YOU....yes it could be worse I have seen really bad pix at this point I feel so unwell that I just want to feel better. I was having massive headaches. Never been a nap person and now just pass out and have low energy. My eyes are going blurry and have to clean the corners out. I am pretty worried to say the least. How do they treat botulism in children even though it is a different form? Thank you I hope we feel better :)
Megan~Your face really cleared up all together after several months????? These pix are conservative I have others that show how saggy my skin really is. THANK YOU! Hope the Dr I go to Monday will see what I am talking about. Take Care.

February 3rd 2012~I was super tired and there...

February 3rd 2012~I was super tired and there seems to be pressure behind my eyes and a bit blurry. But I gave my skin a break from all face and eye creams last night and makeup yesterday. Also, iced my face with a gel pack and felt a couple twitches in cheeks. I don't know if it is wishing thinking but I feel that in one day I look better very odd. BUT ~ I may not in a day or two who knows. But it at least is a huge boost to my morale.

I don't really know if the girls have had problems or not they look good but I don't know how they are feeling. My Mother and Aunt also reacted poorly, perhaps it just depends on ones genetic makeup. I also had an unexplained poor reaction to Lasik Eye Surgery and was nearly blind. I think most people are fine and them you have the 1% that does not have a possitive experience. I am B- considered a rare blood type I have looked into diets for certain blood types maybe that is something to think about. I use a clarsonic and I don't really see a difference with the device. I have had horrible fatique and anxiety. Someone mentioned they felt we are being used as human lab rats which I think is possible too but lots of people don't report or go back to the doctor. I just know I HAD A GLIMMER OF HOPE that boosted my spirits the day the last photo was taken. Thanks so much for your support I will keep up to date on this subject. If you press your finger under my cheek bone it will smoosh in and very slowly raise up kinda grose. TTYL :)
hey how's it going. really recognize the fatigue and anxiety, hope that is going away. interesting also you mention the other reaction during the other procedure. i also had another procedure with this same dr, the results of that one were really fantastic but i had a really strong reaction to the surgical glue, and had to take steroids or something for it.

i had mentioned lots of times to this dr that i am pretty sensitive to toxins.. i still can't figure out why he gave me such a massive overdose, especially after seeing what happened with the glue. about the human lab rats this is what i believe is happening. the reason i feel this is because i know a lot of doctors and i know that they often honestly have no idea what they are doing with certain procedures.. they really are 'practicing' and really often its just luck that certain things seem to work for lots of people, (like botox) and when things go right the doctors take credit.. but when things go wrong, their lack of real understanding becomes really apparent. just because something happens to work for lots of people, this doesn't mean the doctors really understand it or know how to control it fully. a safe medical procedure to me is something that the negative effects are also well understood and the doctors recognize them and know what to do about them. the fact that so many doctors here really show a lot of real ignorance about anything beyond 'yeah well it always works and it always goes away in a few months' which is obviously totally untrue, is pretty bad doctoring in my opinion.

hope things are getting better. it has been six months for me and i was ready for it to be over six months ago. this was a nightmare from the very first week. i was told this would last 'maybe 2 or 3 months' (typical lie) if i had known i would be looking this awful and feeling this awful SIX MONTHS later.. i would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER have done this. ever. i was told this was a harmless little procedure with subtle natural looking results that are -completely- gone in 2 or 3 months. big fat lie. i -still- dont look like myself, my face still moves very abnormally and looks extremely unnatural. noone not even the dr who did this, can tell me at this point what to expect, or when this wil go away, or -if- this will go away. thats a big change from 'it always goes away completley in 2-4 months, ALWAYS' which is what they say when they are taking your money. im glad you are having a glimmer of hope and i sure hope that you get better very fast. maybe you are already feeling better that would be great.
Yeah i figured that is what was going to go down but he was so animated, talking loud and soooo much I just started tuning him out.....I know I am not a Dr. but I do find it quite strange how so many people have the SAME symptoms. On one hand I am relieved to know I am not alone but on the other it makes me sad. When I said my face improved after a couple days of icing my face he was like "that is totally unrelated" Also, that I should not see a Ear, nose and throat Dr. right away because it would cost me allot in scans and things like that. I thought that was strange. My eyes feel swollen inside and out and feel anxiety in them. The injector said people with undiagnosed neurological disorders like MS can be brought on by the Dysport so she wanted me to come in and make sure that is not what was going. I just hope my eyes improve and things of that nature. At this point I just want to FEEL BETTER I have been so low for weeks now :(

3 months out. Over the loss of appetite and weight...

3 months out. Over the loss of appetite and weight loss. Skin tone is still "rough" hard to apply makeup. Eyes are weepy, glossy and tired looking. can no longer use eye liner since it looks smudged no matter what. LOTS of wrinkles. Full on crows feet, lines around mouth and forehead. I have changed my hair, makeup, skin care and had several different facials NON helped. Eyes are focussing better. Glad the illness went away that was awful. Still waiting for ANYTHING to "go back to normal" In the fine print on Dysports web site I believe some of these symptoms that the DR'S deny as possible are listed. At least a gorgeous girl I am aquainted saw this post and I was able to help her thank goodness.

Glad to hear you are improving. I worry about the wrinkles I am developing being here forever :(. Time will tell, right?
Same thing happened to me.....my eyes were very glossy too. I am 4 months out and now have crows feet that I doubt will go away :( still a little bit of "smokers lines" tone is starting to return. My forehead has wrinkles and is moving quite a bit now. Overall I would say I am looking better but have more wrinkles than before. But at this point the wrinkles were the least of my problems. Do cold compresses, allergy eye drops. Bath and Body has a Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology
Fastscription™ Instant De-Puff Eye Gel this product helped my eyes quite a bit. also, Clinical Dark Spot Corrector which makes your skin little more even. My health has improved quite a bit that part was so bad. My family Doctor did not think the "Dysport" was the cause for some of my issues BUT did say he does not know enough about the product to know it's effects. thought that was a fair statement. Hope that helps
Depressed - how are you doing now? I had botox injected into my forehead and between brow almost 4 weeks ago. It had a terrible effect on my eyes. They are puffy, red and tired looking. I have bags and wrinkles under them that were never there before. I've been hiding behind dark rimmed glasses and avoiding smiling. I hope you are seeing improvement!

Took Spring Valley Brand "Hair, skin & Nails"...

Took Spring Valley Brand "Hair, skin & Nails" along with Spring Valley brand D3 not D but D3 5000 IU. I really feel these supplements helped and I am someone who does not improve with anything. Ice, supplements, allergy eye drops and Dr. Wexler soothing eye gel really got me by.

5 months later looking improved people said 6-8 months to relatively improve is a fare assessment. Sorry to say. Follow instructions above for some relief.

I think your eyes should clear up in a month or two......but I still get "anxiety" in my eyes that drives me crazy. But I can put eye makeup on without it looking like it is running down my face. I don't look over tired all the time either. Lots more wrinkles though :(
Wow, amazed you read through this whole thread. Hope it gave you some comfort to validate your symptoms and give some hope. I am guessing "Botox" is okay but "Dysport" is a joke and is more of a racket if you ask me.
I just read through this entire thread. I am grateful that you folks are posting. I had Dysport injected (never had any type of injection before) and my doctor used it because there was a "special" and I could get it for much less than Botox. My eyes became very itchy and weepy. I don't remember reading anything about that in the disclaimer in the Dr's office. I saw an Opthamologist and he said he saw "allergens" in my eyes and he gave me some drops for it. I didn't tell him that I had Dysport. I did go back to my doctor who gave me Dysport, and she didn't let on that it could be anything she had done. Now I know I will never try it again. I haven't experienced the drooping or some of the other side effects that have been mentioned, but the eye problem was bad enough.
Thanks for posting links it does seem like the 6 months the plastic surgeon said is about right.

11 months out still 36. The muscles behave...

11 months out still 36. The muscles behave differently than before Dysport. Example: In between my eyes 3 creases have formed and the skin squishes together since I squint a lot more now do to the anxiety I get in my eyes from the injections. My forehead skin is much looser and has several lines a crossed it now. I do have crows feet now. The folds on the side of my mouth are now more pronounced. In general I would say I aged my face by a couple just a couple from my Dysport injections. The upside is ........ I don't have "ugly face" "face looking like its falling off" I do look pretty again. My eyes are no longer saggy, weepy and over tired looking. My overall tone has improved. I don't feel sickly from the stomach pain and fatigue that would make me just fall asleep all the time when I laid down or sat. Reality is I do look a little older and have many more wrinkles and the muscles behave differently now.

I also had a horrendous experience with Dysport. I had tried a tiny amount of Botox previously and didn't notice an improvement or negative either. One day I talked to a doc who convinced me to use a larger amount of Dysport than I had tried before (of botox). I used it under my eyes and too the sides, because I was concerned about fine lines under my eyes when I smiled and a slight sagginess undereye. I was 32 years old and most would have said that they didn't notice any of the things I was seeing in myself. By the day after the injections, my eyes got super open and saggy and looked like I had a stroke. I literally looked older and strange. I felt like I had no control of my eyes and it looked 100 times worse. It took 6 months to wear off. I don't think I have any permanent damage. All I want to say, after reading all these posts and seeing all the hollywood celebs that do it, just Stay away from the injections!! It is not worth the risk, and it doesnt even look good when it works! It takes away that look of "you" that makes you special, and makes your face into a plastic, fakeer, version of you with no expression. It makes you uglier. Even if a line or two gets erased, you look like a Less Attractive version of you with less lines.

Another interesting page regarding side effects.......I could never find anything like this a year ago..... http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineSideEffects.aspx?condition=Muscle%20spasm&medicine=Dysport&preparation
http://www.patientsville.com/medication/dysport_side_effects.htm FDA Adverse Reports: 308. View All Dysport FDA safety alerts: No Reported deaths: 9 Reported hospitalizations: 80

12 months out. Smokers lines gone for the most...

12 months out. Smokers lines gone for the most part. Still have "Mandolin" look at times. Vertical lines and waves on forehead. Crows feet. Health is better. Face looks much better. Heard 18 mo the DYSPORT should be out of system. We will see what I look like in 8 mon or how my face acts in 8 months.

I am so glad to hear that though slow, you continue to see improvement. Wishing it would go so much faster for you.

Somedays I look better and some days my skin seems to regress. I am sure dehydration and lack of sleep do not help. I would try to "face Yoga" exercises on You Tube. You will look better just not "the exact same way" I am at least pretty again. I am in the fashion industry and looks are a big part of what I do so you can only imagine. I looked much older for a modeling event this year so I am doubtful they will ask me next year. I look beautiful again just older :)
Depressed, you are one gorgeous(before and after). I can't even see the difference between the two photos, honestly! I have my before picture, and dog ugly middle picture only. Once I get my "after" shot, I will post . Thanks for updating your status for us and your pictures. It gives us hope that there really is a light at the end of this tunnel:) By the way, what's your blog site? I'd love to see what it's all about. PS...You need to update your user name to" I'm beautiful again" !!!! xo

A French Woman put together a blog of compiled...

A French Woman put together a blog of compiled testimonies regarding this miss fortune with Botox/Dysport here is the link. Can't believe how many entries there are.

Thank you Megan P. Like I said I am pretty again but lets face it my tone and new wrinkles are a new part of my life. I will just have to deal with it :) I think of it every time I put my lotion or makeup on. My eye muscles bug me a little but I tried some face yoga and it must have helped the internal eye muscle thank goodness :) Thank you.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi depressed! How are you? Hope you are seeing more positive changes. I have a question about the smokers lines you got. When did they go away? I am almost seven mos and some have popped up above my lip on the left side..which is my savvier side. I am thinking it is due to my saggy crows feet area. When did you notice them and when did they go away? Thanks so much...hugs.

March 20, 2013 Procedure was December 2011. So I...

March 20, 2013
Procedure was December 2011. So I am approx. 1 year and a couple months....wow this has felt like several more than that :) My weight is back up, In between my eye the muscle is always in constricted. I have a wave about 3 rolls vertical in-between my eyes. you can see the muscles from my forehead to that wave. (hard to explain). I am in constant pain do to the muscle always being constricted. If you massage it it springs back right away into the constricted muscle position. I still have the "mandolin" mouth which I never had and the treatment was supposed to "prevent" it not cause it :( Skin in general has not regained all of the tone back. My face definitely did not go back to "normal" it has been changed. The major freak out stuff is gone though. But I am still left with was altered. Hope this review makes sense and that you ladies are starting to find some hope and comfort from the other ladies.
~Thanks

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

March 20, 2013 My lids seem to cover my eyes a bit...

March 20, 2013 My lids seem to cover my eyes a bit and my eyes seem slightly turned down. Hope the update pic posts.

Hi, Depressed! It's me, Florida girl. How are you,hun? It's been a while. How are you? I think of you often :) and hope you are much improved. I am going on 13 mos. 13 mos of hell. My eyes seem better, but my forehead is all screwed up now. It just came to life at a year! The freaking crap lasted forever up there! Now, it's just a mess. I literally can't touch it because if I do, the muscles got all bunched up and it just looks crazy. I have the waves of skin you mentioned, still got those damn puffy 11's,too. Ughhhh..Honestly, I keep thinking about doing my forehead/11's again, but am scared of getting a bad result AGAIN! Please tell me how you are. xoxo
I hope everyone is doing at least, a little better. My heart and prayers go out to all of you who are suffering. Someone asked the difference between Dysport and Botox. I always thought Dysport was the generic verison of Botox, but then i heard it may be that one is Toxin A and one is Toxin B? I think there are two different types of Toxin they use. (Toxin.....I hate that word!) If anyone else has any information about this, it would be great. Thank you and Good luck and God Bless to you all!
Yes, we can definitley relate to one another. I think you have had much worse than me with all the horrible symptoms you've experienced. I just got a real bad case of the "uglies". I am happy to have had mad you feel better tonight. I am always here if you need me:)

2011 until 2013 Face is still messed up

Well folks here is an update:
~I have a line under my eye that beats with my heart
~"Mandolin lines are setting in (was supposed to prevent but caused them)
~Lines on either side of mouth are getting worse
~The strange muscle bunching under my chin never went away
~Forehead muscles and above my eyes seem to be constricted all the time
~Eyes have begun to droop in the corners and the muscles cause uneven proportion between eyes and eye brows.
~Eyes are glossy again
~Skin tone is awful
~Seems like I now need reading glasses
~Sharp random pain at base of skull still happens.
Sorry for the Debbie Downer moment but this is where I am at right now

Depressed, Huddie and all women who are suffering from disport/botox. I am 14 mos post now. I was encouraged to try Carolyns Facial Fitness from Notgivenup . She is 14 mos post and had been dong cff for a month with excellent result. I have to say that I am a huge fan, as well. It's only my first week so far, but my cheeks are lifting and my undereye area is tightening. I had to pass this information on to all my friends I have met along this journey. Order your kit today from her website. Once you do, you can email her with any questions or concerns and she will email you back right away. I got the deluxe kit. Just wanted to share with all you beautiful women. xoxo
Thanks I will look at it I am going to go to the surgeon's office that gave me this crap....and talk about options my face muscles are jacked :(
I know. My face is not what it was. Seemed to have aged rapidly in this past year. I had minimal injection and my forehead still hasn't completely worn off, eyes are weird, just look tired. I just try and not think about it. I do think if I could go back in time... it ruined over a year of my life. Really was sick and not able to go out for the longest time.

Feeling like a "Debbie Downer"

Going to go back to the office and discuss my "new normal" which is much older than it was. I guess waiting for my face "to go back to normal" for too long has been a bad idea. I hate what my face is turning into :( Face muscles have changed permanently. Will update...I am sure he will say stuff like "you are perfect and beautiful" yada, yada.

I am sorry, Depressed. :( Please let me/us know what he says.
Thank you I will. I just hated the last appointment a week out from the injections. I feel like he will just tell me how beautiful I am, etc.
try facial massage and carole maggios facercise.x

You will look better but never the same……Dr's may not know, but Dysport does.

April 16th, 2014
About 4 years out. Sorry but my face never completely healed. Wrinkles are picking up the pace. Tone still not good, muscle function is still labored, etc. No longer super sick. I am "pretty" again but not the way I used to be unfortunately. I don't know why someone would have offered to do "preventive injections" in a face that looked like mine. I am sure they made money off those injections though. In short No you will never look the way you used to but you will eventually look better. I have never been the healthiest person and do think your health will get back to at least 95% better. My guess is that Dysport knows all about these kinds of situations. However, because the numbers are low enough they don't have to say anything. Therefore, people like us will still pop up it is "Russian Roulette" as someone else has said.
PS~
My Doctor appeared on the show "The Doctors" has created his own skin care line. Also, the actual Dysport reps were in the office doing a presentation when I purchased the product. The theory of "bad product" or un qualified Doctor clearly does not apply to my situation. Like I said maybe they don't know……but Dysport does :)

Hi, Depressed. I remember you saying that you had a pulse -like twitch near your eye. I am 8 mos out now and for the past 2 weeks have had this fast, heart beat -like movement under my right eye. It is visible. It is constant! How long did yours last? Did anythng good come about from it? I am guessing that the nerves are back and trying to stabilize. I hope it's not a sign of nerve damage. My temples are so hollowed out I look so scary. I hope they fill out. Smae goes for under my eyes, they are so hollow:(. So darn depressed and sick over this. Love to you. Let me know how you are. Prayers to all you women.
Hi, my my visible pulse under my left eye has gone away. I find the best product has been the Roc in the tube none of the blue products the white and gold. The pulse came out of no where and has gone away I think since using the Roc. Roc you have to keep up on or you can tell you have stopped using it. You know, my cheeks are still flat and when I turn my head I still have crumpled skin that stacks on it self it that makes sense. I am 38 now so that doesn't help. My "sparkle" never came back is the best way to describe it I guess. The creasing between my eyes annoys me the most right now. I am 24-7 in a squint state. But all in all I am healthy and pretty again. Not the same kind but pretty again.
Gig Harbor Area

(PERSON WAS AN INJECTOR NOT A DOCTOR AT A PLASTIC SURGERY CENTER) rated this person high because they were fun and attentive. Very knowledgeable about muscle system and how they work, etc. Took time to visit and make you feel comfortable and at ease. Is training many other injectors in the area. Friends and Mother had success I didn't. WHAT I DID: Iced my face with a gel pack, no foundation, concealer, no face or eye creams, good dose of Motrin, antacid and Zyrtec. This what last nights and today's "TEST"