Get It Done if You Don't Mind Having to Keep Yur Hair Long.

I looked better before i had it done. now the...

I looked better before i had it done. now the pulling gives me headaches and my ears are butchered. also the ears look deformed because they curl up. i have had cortisone shots to try and help but it hasn't - even one year later.

I have a number of people ask what happened to my ears. there is pulling under the ears showing it pulling up. only after the operation and payment in full did they tell me that my neck could never be smooth because my tongue back in the throat is too large.
The surgeon told me he has done 2000 of these and guaranteed i would be happy. - not -- now i have to keep my hair long enough to cover it up and am always conscious of the scars and the pulling being visible. pay the money if you want something done and go to a reputable plastic surgeon - you only get what you pay for.

This was a 60th birthday present and because i have such good skin i thought it would look as people have asked me what i use on my skin because it is so flawless and i have no wrinkles but i thought i was getting a little jowlie. i wish i had never heard of the lpl. i had to pay for laser genisis to try and help the scarring but my sister asked what i had done to my face as she could see all the pulling under the ears and one side is worst than the other - just a nightmare.

Larry, have you read more than one post on this board??? We are complaining to let other women know what they are about to go through. Had I found this board before I had the "LSL" I would have RAN from the place screaming thanks, but no thanks. Look at the percentage rate of 63% against and 37% for that would redo the LSL experience. That says a lot. Not only was I lied to straight to my face, but just try to get them to honor the one year guarantee. So, there, that is why I complain, not so much as to go "waqy" as you put it, but to let others know what they could potentially be setting themselves up for. (63% against / 37% for -- not real good odds even for gamblers). I guess you have NOT had the lift because if you had you would either be telling us how "GREAT" it is or you would be really chastising us for having it done to begin with. And if you have ever been operated on and had bad results, the last thing that you want is to be touched by the same physician (used loosely) again. By the way, what is "waqy"? Best, Chrystal
All these comments are great information but I have to ask why if you are having problems or ar not satisfied are you writing about it and not going back to see the physician and get it fixed. I had problems as everyone is different and it can be fixed. I did not get this waqy over night and it took me a little longer to get it right but I love my result. I know people have probloems but why complain when all you have to do is make a call.
The only way my complaints could be rectified would be to go under the knife and I would never let these people touch me again. The only reason for writing is to help other people who may be trying to go on the cheap with a LSL. However, you will end up paying two fold in down time, and/or pain and suffering, embarrassment from the mess and to pay to have it fixed.
Larry, Consider yourself extraordinarily lucky because your comment above makes it clear that you did not do your research before going under the knife yourself--and that you know nothing about which you speak. I'm glad your satisfied with your results but don't kid yourself. You took a huge risk. You could just as easily have ended up with disfiguring scars rather than the 'good if a little longer to achieve' results that you claim to have gotten (and what makes you so sure that your results are as good as they could have been if you'd gone to a reputable, established surgeon--or as long-lasting?) If you'd read more than 1 or 2 comments, you would know that many of these LSL patients DID go back and speak to their physicians--only the LSL physicians wouldn't or couldn't do anything to correct the enormous problems that their sloppy surgical work created. They have reason to be upset and angry, especially given that many or most of these LSL surgeons would not take responsibility for their work, and perform a correction or touchup for the patient to improve their results (which virtually all good surgeons will perform without any further charge). Do yourself a favor and LEARN from what these patients have to say instead of (wrongly) suggesting that they are just 'complainers' who couldn't be bothered to go back to their doctors--that they'd rather come on to this site and b____ about their results. After all, if you ever go back for more surgery--you might be really glad that you really read what these people wrote this time around (or really sorry that you didn't). I would be interested in seeing the results of your procedure. Could you post a photo?
Make a call, yeah I been doing that for two years and LSL is still not helping take the scars on my cheeks near my lips they caused.
REGARDING FACE LIFTS: Good facelift surgery leaves NO scarring whatsoever in front of the ears. which you have to hide with your hair. My incisions are INSIDE my ears where no one can see them unless they're looking for them. I feel sorry for Ugly Scars and others who are left with against-the-grain VERTICAL scars, which are difficult to repair, in front of their ears. The doctor who performed Ugly Scar's surgery KNEW that he was 'doing her wrong.' ALL surgeons know that vertical scars are difficult to repair, because "Vertical" runs against the grain of the skin--as happened with my son's dogbite, which cut my son's skin from his nostril straight down to his lip. It could not be easily repaired. NO decent surgeon would KNOWINGLY CREATE a vertical scar when they didn't have to--and her surgeon didn't have to.
My thanks to ALL of you! I was scheduled to see a highly-recommended surgeon in Austin, but when I saw an ad for LSL on local TV, I reconsidered (I was in TX visiting my Dad at the time. I'd never seen an LSL ad before, I live in PA). The LSL ads sounded irresistably good! I thought, "Gee, maybe I can save money by going to LSL instead." But THANKFULLY I did my research first. LSL's website, of course, makes itself sound fantastic--"low cost, great surgeons, great results, little downtime"--but you have to ask yourself, "If LSL's surgeons are so highly skilled, then why are they working for someone else? Why don't they have their OWN Private Practices INSTEAD,where they'd earn more income and establish their own good reputations?" Suspicious, I googled LSL PATIENT SATISFACTION, or something like that, and ended up at Realself.com. When I read LSL had a 60% DISSATISFACTION RATE? YOW! Forget LSL--I stuck with the surgeon that medical professionals had recommended to me, and I'm SO GLAD I DID. So THANK YOU ALL for sharing your experiences regarding LSL. You DID save at least ONE person--ME--from a potentially disastrous mistake. 60% is just TOO HIGH a risk to take when it comes to your face. Those of you who are pleased with your LSL outcomes, I'm happy for you--but do you really have a BASE OF COMPARISON to draw from? Have you compared your results to private practice doctors' results? [Not that all PP surgeons are good...] Have you taken photos of yourself at different angles, especially regarding blepharoplasties, so that you can even SEE what the surgeon did to- or for- you? Because you really can't tell what your eyelids look like just by looking at your 2-dimensional reflection in the mirror--you have to see your eyelids at different angles, which is how other people see your eyelids. Have a friend take photos of you at different angles, or use a tripod and timer and take the photos yourself.
Hi! my name is Chris and I'm reading about yours comments,because I want to do the lifestyle lift,even after red this I'm so scare about it,them you don't recommended,.??. I'm so sorry for you,and the worst problem is we expend all money even when we don't have enough
Do not do the life style lift unless you like pain keeping you awake at night and scars all over your face. Do not believe what you see on t.v. I regret not having a real face lift.
Thank you for sharing your story.
I am so sorry for your terrible experience. I hope you file a report with the FL. state board of medical examiners or whom ever is over the plastic surgeons and also be sure to file so you have documentation. Also get your medical records and pictures and take pictures as you progress in healing. Have you contacted LSL? I wish you well. I too had the lift and it was not what I expected either. Chrystal.