Laser Tattoo Removal on Chest Area - Don't Get Touch-Ups - Georgia

I have a tattoo of 5 smallish symbols in all black...

I have a tattoo of 5 smallish symbols in all black ink across my chest. I got it done towards the end of '09. I'm a quite pale caucasian female. The artist used black ink only, and after it got some sun damage in '10 I went back to get a touch-up. I'm not sure many people think about this when they go in for tattoo removal, but my laser specialist says that a touch-up will drastically increase the average number of laser tattoo removal sessions you will need because you're getting more ink put under the skin. I was happy and completely fine with the tattoo for about a year and a half. And then it was as if I woke up one morning and was ashamed of it. I thought about laser tattoo removal for a few months and then made an appointment with a dermatologist in my area in September '11, paying 300$ per session.

They didn't offer a package deal and they don't try to trick you into spending more money by getting you to sign contracts. I just had my 5th session last week and I can't see so much while it's still scabbed, but I constantly worry about when I will finally start seeing a major difference. I'm ready to go out and stop hiding it with high collar shirts everyday, but it's definitely going to be a while still. I guess you could say I really screwed up by getting a touch-up that one time when I still liked it.

After 2 laser treatments I started seeing small white dots on the inside of the tattoo, but it wasn't fading. After treatment 4 there were more dots and my friends would see them too if they were standing near to me, but from a distance the tattoo looks exactly the same as it did before starting laser tattoo removal. I am moving to Europe in May and will have to find a new laser tattoo removal specialist there, where it costs nearly double the price. I might post a future update, but I hope you, as a reader, learned something from this.

I will be posting more pre- and post- treatment...

I will be posting more pre- and post- treatment photos after I go in for my 6th treatment. Still not much of a different even after treatment 5 though, really.
Gardner Dermatology

I have a nurse lasering the tattoo each time and have only seen the doctor when he priced how much each session would cost. The staff here is very kind and really want to help me, and it always smells nice in the waiting room.