I've never really had any breast at all, except...

I've never really had any breast at all, except when I was pregnant. What little I did have, my 2 kids sucked right out of me. After the nursing, there was just no time or money. Now I am 50 years old and ready to do something just for me. I plan on making this a very special time. My daughter, 23, is completely supportive and encouraging. It's been a private joke between us for years, she's a double D and has been since grade school. I have taken 10 days off from work. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, May 9th. I have gone a little crazy in getting prepared but I've only done things I have been wanting to do for a long time. I bought a BluRay player and new flat screen TV for my bedroom and had it mounted on the wall. ;)
Anyway, I am not even a barely there A, if there were a negative -AAA, that would be me. I am hoping for a full C cup, but I don't know what cc's. I do know I'm going with silicone and under the arm incision.
I will post pics, as soon as I figure out how. I read one woman's profile and saw her pics. She did before, during and after. It helped me so much, if I can do that for one person, I want to. I also wanted to be here for other women in my age group. So many are young women, I thought it might help for women of my age to know they weren't the only ones.
I have been with my plastic surgeon for many years because of skin cancer, so I am completely confident and comfortable with him. He even gave me a frequent flyer discount!
This place has been a real blessing for me. I'm not married or even involved with anyone so the only person that knows is my daughter. It's great to have a place to talk so openly and hear about other's experience. I'm really excited and counting the days. 39 to go.

My wish boobs

If I can achieve one of these, I will be so happy.

More wish boobs

Because I cannot decide on size. The first one is 350 cc's, the second is 400 cc's and the third is 450 cc's

Less than 30 days to go!

I am finally under 30 days. I can't believe it. I spent a lot of time playing around with rice sizers and decided on 400 cc's. After all is said and done, I would rather be bigger than I wanted than smaller. No regrets right?

16 days to go

I saw my PS this morning about a couple of skin cancers he will be taking off at the same time he does the BA. We talked about my BA and he suggested I go minimum of 400 cc's but possibly 425-450 to achieve the results I want. He also said I would need High Profile. I'm even more excited now after just talking to him. My pre-op is May 5 and surgery is May 9. YIPPEE!

Cutting off all my hair

My hair right now is about 4 inches below my shoulders and a lot of work. I'm tired of it. I'm so ready to simplify my life. So I have made the appointment for the weekend before my surgery and I am getting it all cut off. Here is a pic of the style I have picked out.

No alcohol for 2 weeks before surgery

So it's martini time!

Less than 2 weeks!!!!!

I can't believe it. I'm down to 11 days!

I really miss my mom and my sister right now

I have 1 week to go and I miss Mom so much. Mom was killed in a car accident 6 years ago on Valentine's Day, leaving my house. My daughter was in the car with her, but thank fully, not hurt. The good Lord will never allow more than you can handle and He knew if I lost both of them, they might as well bury me too.
Mom was my best friend. We did so much together. She would have been as excited as I am. With this being the last weekend before surgery, she would have taken me shopping, out to dinner and then helped me cook and clean. She would have taken me to surgery and spent every moment after pampering and spoiling me.
I'm already having trouble sleeping. I was up about 5 this morning and it hit me hard. I miss both of them so much. 3 years after Mom's accident, my only sister died. She was only 49 years young. Turning 50 this year was hard. I never wanted to be older than my older sister and now I am. She was the typical big sis, would kick my butt in a heartbeat. But no one else better even look at me wrong. She was such a petite woman, but the whole family would say when Aunt K.... hugged you, you knew you had been hugged. She was strong as an ox. It was just the 3 of us, Mom, K and me and we were really close. We lived within 5 minutes of each. If we didn't see each other every day, we talked on the phone.
My mother had a BA when I was a young teenager and my sister was naturally blessed with DD. I know they both would have been so excited and happy for me. Even though they both have been gone for a few years now, there are still moments when I miss them so much and this was one of those times.
I guess this was as close as I could get to share this journey with them.

Cutting off my hair today

How silly is it....I'm more nervous about getting my hair cut short than I am about my BA. But I am ready to simplify my life and my hair is a lot of work when it's long. It takes a powerful blow dryer about 20 minutes. I cannot hold that above my head for 20 minutes several times a week after my BA and having bigger boobs is more important than long hair. After all, my hair will grow back. At this point I'm fairly certain my boobs have done all the growing they're going to do.

Pre-op today

I cannot believe it's the Monday before my surgery this Friday. It seemed the days were dragging by and now all of sudden it's here. I think if it weren't for this site, I would have gone crazy the last couple of months. My pre-op is today and my daughter is going with me to help me make a final decision on size. My PS said with my measurements I can do what I want but he recommends a minimum of 400 cc's because of loose tissue.
I LOVE LOVE my new hair cut and I will post some pics tonight when I get home. I have not posted any "Before" pics just because I didn't want anyone to see these tiny boobs without also seeing the "new" girls. But I want you to see the different sizes I try on today and some of you have been so supportive of my cutting off my hair so I guess it's picture time.
I went to the cemetery this weekend and changed the flowers for Mom, Sis and best friend for Mother's Day. I wasn't sure I could make it out there next weekend and even if I can, I don't think I would be able to physically take care of the grave sites. I'm really happy with the way the flowers turned out this time. Some times they look great and sometimes I'm not very happy. But I have to say this time...they look great!
As so many have said before, this site has been such a blessing. I have met some wonderful women, learned so much and feel better about the decisions I'm making and my recovery. Thank you all for sharing your experience, I hope I can pay it forward.

Pre-op went great...425 cc's HP

The surgical nurse spent about an hour with us (daughter and me) going over everything, answering all of daughters questions, explaining recovery care and meds. She was wonderful. Another surgical nurse came in to meet us. They both explained when PS was finished, he would sit me up and the women, (3-5) would look at me and critique. They would tell him if it didn't look right, one looks too high, not the right size for my frame etc. If something was wrong, he would correct it then. I felt a whole lot better after hearing this. Actually made me feel like all of you would be in there to tell him if they look funny and he had to fix them!
After going over all the meds, she actually wrote in several places my allergy to adhesives and made sure they had the hypafix on hand. Daughter told her she would have my supply with her just in case.
She then measured the 2 "lesions" and marked them for surgery, making sure to write in big bold letters "DO THIGH FIRST". My EKG was over a year old, so she sent me for another one.
Then we went to see the PS. He talked more about the skin cancer than the BA. We played with the implants and decided on 425 cc's, under the muscle, inframmary incision. Daughter got a big laugh when I was looking in the mirror at the 425's and couldn't decide. She said "Jump up and down Mom." Well we all know what happened when I did. She laughed and laughed. My kids are a hoot.
I know a few ladies have asked about what to wash with before surgery. My PS gave me a container of liquid soap he wants me to use Wed, Thurs and Fri morning, neck to hip.
He also gave me this sweet little notebook called My Look Book. It's great, has pages for notes, like a journal, pages of FAQ, pages for my own questions, slots for my implant cards, a page to fill out dates for pre-op, surgery and post op appts. I love it!
He said I would have to wear the strap and surgical bra 24/7 for 2 weeks! No driving or lifting for 2 weeks. My surgery is on Friday, so no shower until I see him on Monday. Then he looked very stern and "No peeking!" Ha...he knows me well.
I did ask about Rapid Recovery, they had not even heard of it so that's out the window. :(
My favorite nurses in this office came in to see me and loved my hair. The nurse who has been with me since the beginning said she would be in the OR with me too! She laughed and said he could not take my skin cancers without her.
So here we are, dropped off scripts, got EKG and blood work done, paperwork signed, surgery paid for, size picked out. I will pick up meds tomorrow.
So here are the pics, some of my hair, some of my little notebook and a couple of my ittybitty's.

It's Boobie Eve!

I'm so excited, I'm not even sure what to write as an update. The office called and since my surgery is later -12:30 - I can have coffee and toast for breakfast if I eat before 6:30. I told her I would get up at 5 if it meant I could have coffee. I am taking some before pics and measurements tonight and will post them with the pics of my new girls. I have waited so many years for this, I cannot believe it's actually happening. In less than 24 hours now, I will have beautiful breast!! I have learned so much from this site and all of the wonderful, beautiful women who were brave enough to share their journey. Thank you.

Today is the day!

I actually slept well last night. I'm not at all nervous this morning, just excited. I'll be leaving in a couple of hours. I have gone over my list, finished everything here at the house. I'm getting ready to take my last shower, wash my hair and bath with the soap PS gave me. All is ready. On my way to Boobie Town.

I'm home

Let me begin with forgive typos. I'm pretty stoned. Surgery went well. HE WAS 45 MINUTES LATE. ooops didn't mean to hit all caps. so that is not a shout at PS. first nurse blew vein trying to get iv in, 2 incisions on leg. wont stop bleeding, unusual. PS wants me to walk every 2 hours. first time i came about as close as you get to fainting/vomiting. but kids just laid me down with pillows where i was and slept for 2 hours. pain is 7 out of 10. as everyone says, very tight and elephant balls sitting on my chest. I got to tell you I have the best kids. They are just wonderful. I keep crying every time I look at them, they have taken such good care of me. For some reason pics did not download so I will try again later, Got the 425 cc under HP. Incisions are about 3 inches long on thigh. Love you all, you are the best group of women. Demoral kicking in,

Pics came through

1 Day Post-op

Still buzzed but wanted to show pics of my beautiful new girls. I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. Because of having to move me around, the 2 incisions on my thigh are bruised and still draining. Getting up and down is a b---h! The tightness and heavy weight are real. Thank you all for the well wishes, it meant a lot to me. You have got to be the best group of women I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

3 days post op

So leave it to me to have an allergic reaction to the surgical bra. Yes, you read that correctly. I had a bad reaction to the bra. The good news is, I don't have to wear it now and it was only under my arms. Now I have a rash to treat as well. My new girls are just wonderful. I have not had the dreaded morning boobs or square boobs and mine are not sitting up high. My post-op is this morning, so we'll see what he thinks. When I spoke to him yesterday about the rash, he was very pleased at how well my implants went in. His words "Your body just took those 425's right in". That made me feel so good about my choice in size, the one thing we all worry about.

I have been in a good bit of pain but not from the implants, just sore and tight there. But my leg is horrible. It finally quit bleeding, but it's bruised pretty badly and throbs most of the time. I will not post any of those pics, I love you all too much!

Post Op appt

Before I had my BA, I was boob obsessed with the pics on this site, Now I have to admit...........I'm obsessed with my own! I love them. PS was very pleased with the way they were looking. He said I could have gone as high as 500, but I'm glad I went with 425, I think they will be perfect. He said they will move a lot closer together over the next few weeks. After looking at the rash and where it was, he is certain it was the band on the surgical bra. He started me on some exercises, but no massaging yet. I go back to see him Friday and he will start the massaging then. He looked at the incisions on my leg. He did have to go deeper than he thought. There are 2 layers of stitches but he wasn't concerned with the way they looked or the drainage. Just have to wait now on the labs to know if he got it all, fingers crossed.

Tuesday, Day 4 post op

I feel like I could nurse triplets and still have milk to pump! A lot of soreness when I first got up this morning but as soon as I did my exercises that went away. Here are a few new pics. I can't really see too much difference but wanted to post them anyway.

Booby Blues are real

Just like Post portum blues, not everyone will experience them but some do and they are very real. As pragmatic as I am, I was very surprised to find myself in the midst of this phenomenon. Yet here I am. I must first say, I am thrilled with my BA, with the results and with the choices I made. I can't quit looking at my own boobs! My depression has nothing to do with my surgery, I absolutely have no regrets. But going under anesthesia and then taking narcotics for several days can have an affect on your mental well being. It's not all in your head or just emotions run a muck and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. On top of all of the meds in your system, you have just had implants put in your body. As women, we take our bodies very serious. We may be thrilled with what we have done, but there are still strange, man-made materials in our boobs! This takes some getting used to. I can't do all the things I want to, I can't sleep the way I want to, I can't drive, clean house, cook, take care of my family, all of the things we have always done and now we aren't allowed because of the very implants we love so much!! It's enough to make any sane woman crazy. Some of us have had some complications, some of us have breezed right through. The different incision sites, different post care instructions, do this, don't do that, it can all get so very confusing. Why did your PS allow this and that but mine won't? Why did my PS say this and that but yours didn't?

Thank you for listening. I'm sure most of this ramble comes from a lack of sleep. I am posting some new pics, not because there is much difference yet but because looking at the new girls is what's getting me through right now. I'm just not accustomed to being unable to do the things I want to do without restrictions.

1 week post op

I can't believe it's been 1 week today. I just got home from my second post op, great news. He got all the skin cancer in both places and took out my stitches, YAY!!! He was surprised at how badly bruised I am (on my leg) but not concerned. He was super pleased with how well my breast look. He said I could give up the strap!! But I have to stay in the sports bras. I have to continue the exercises he gave me and start 4 new ones. They are between an exercise/massage. I have to do them all 20 times a day. He released me to drive and go back to work :( on Monday. But still no lifting over 5 pounds, no pulling, pushing, tugging.

Now here is something he told me as a warning I want to share with all of you. He had just come out of surgery from removing implants and repairing damage she did. Her implants were only about 6 months old and she was doing very well, everything she was suppose to. Something happened at work (he did not say what) and her left arm was jerked back, tearing a pec muscle and causing bleeding which pooled around the implant and hardened. He may have to do additional surgery and it will be months or longer before he can replace the implants. Ladies, be careful.

New pics up. Left incision is looking pretty good, right one not so much but I can start the scar treatments now so I expect it will improve soon. The girls look really big to me, I would like to know what you think. I started keeping track of their measurements. The day of surgery I was 33 inches around. The night of surgery I was 36. Today I am 38.

Measurements at Victoria Secret

My measurements today, 8 days post op, are 34 D or 36 C. I bought 2 of the 36C. I'm just more comfortable in a 36, always have been. When she measured though, she said I measure at a 34D. YAY! Looks like I'm right where I wanted to be. They will change more, I know, but I am thrilled with the results so far.

I only bought 2 bras. They did not have a large selection with no under-wire and just in case the size changes, though I don't expect they will. No pics of the bras, nothing special, just a nude and a black to get me through work for the next few weeks. But here is one, bra-less in a tank top, couldn't resist. ;)

I have to tell you, this was the best shopping trip daughter and I have been on. Typically, we both get upset. VS never had them small enough for me or big enough for her. We would both end up in tears in the dressing room. But not this time. They are now carrying daughters size, 38DDD or 40DD and I have actually have boobs to fit in a bra. This time we walked out laughing. She is so happy to have good, pretty bras. We went to lunch and came home. I am worn out. But oh what a great time. I love my girl and to see her so happy just thrills me like nothing else.

2 weeks post op

I just left the PS from my 2 week post op appointment. He was very happy with the way my girls looked. He said it was the easiest implants he had ever done and I could have gone a few sizes bigger. No thanks, I'm thrilled with the size. He explained the jumpy feeling on the left side is the nerve. It runs from under your arm to the nipple. He pulled more on the muscle to protect the nerve, so more soreness and settling. The nerve is finding it's way home is the way he put it.

I told him I'm not having any pain aside from the soreness, but super sensitive. He said it's because my skin is so sensitive to everything and it would slowly go away. I was concerned the rash I got from the surgical bra has cleared up, but the "patch" is still there. He thought in time it would fade and not leave a permanent mark.

He still won't let me wear a regular bra or sleep on my side. He said 2 more weeks. :(

More 2 weeks pics

I got busy and didn't finish uploading pics

More Pics

Hit the wrong button, don't cha just hate it when you do that!

3 weeks today

I can hardly believe it's been 3 weeks today. I'm still not accustomed to having breast. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking around with my bra stuffed!

For all the ladies who are just starting this journey though, I want to update and let you know what I have experienced in hopes of paying it forward for all the ones before me who shared their stories.

Let me start off with the soreness. I'm not in real pain. But my breast are sore. The skin and nipple are super sensitive, almost like a sunburn. I feel a lot of movement under my right nipple. Sometimes when I bend over, I feel the weight of the implant, but only on the right side. I have talked to the PS about this and he said it was normal, I might feel this type of movement for up to 6 months on either or both sides.

I thought my age might slow down my recovery. The older you get, the slower you heal. I've been fortunate as I seemed to have dropped much faster than most. My girls have fully fallen into place but I have to say, they were never very high to begin with. I have even thought it was a good thing I did do HP or they may have been sitting too low at this point. I'm pleased with the incisions also. I use vitamin E oil on them at least twice a day and more on the weekends.

I am massaging and doing range of motion exercises as many times a day as I think about it. I think this is really helping with the "fluffing". They seem to be much softer, but still not as soft as I hope they will be.

This might be a little touchy for some ladies but I want to share my experience for those of you with questions. Sex. I waited 16 days, not because PS told me to, it just worked out that way. I have read from lots of women who did not wait a week. I was very careful to not allow any weight on my breast. Let me say though, as gentle and careful as we were, they of course got a lot of attention. I was swollen and sore for several hours. Not swollen and pain like from surgery. But it was their first time out so to speak. Just be aware, this might happen and it's OK. ES Tylenol worked for me and I was fine within a day or so.

PS restrictions still-no regular bra, no lifting over 5 pounds, no jogging/running though I can walk as long/far as I want. Only back sleeping still (I have been cheating on this one) He considers today the half way mark. If I continue to do as well as I have, he will release me at 6 weeks.

Don't let high number cc's scare you from getting what you want. I started off thinking 325 and would not have come close to what I wanted. 425 scared the heck out of me. I didn't want HUGE fake looking boobs. I'm so glad I trusted my PS and did what he suggested. He would have gone as high as 600 if I wanted. If I had to do it all over, I might have gone 450, but no bigger. I am thrilled with my 425's and have no regrets.

Here are some pics from this morning. The reason there is one of my cat is because he kept trying to photo bomb my pics. I finally promised him he could have his very own if he would leave me alone. He is my baby-12 years old-I rescued him when he was 2 weeks old.

4 weeks today

As some of you may know, I have been having on going problems with my right breast. It is not getting any better. This morning the pain is worse than it ever has been. I had my 4 week post op today. After a lengthy discussion and examine, PS thinks I may be developing Capsular Contracture on the right breast. He has started me on 800 mg of Motrin and wants me to stop all massages for the weekend. I will go back to see him Monday. If there is no improvement, he will start me on Singular then. Unfortunately, if it does not improve, the only option is additional surgery. He would have to go in and remove the scar tissue.

I'm pretty upset. I have done so well. No nausea or constipation. I dropped really fast, minimum swelling that was gone in a few days. No real bruising. Other than the rash, I thought I was having one of the smoothest recoveries.

So my instructions for the weekend are no use of my right arm other than range of motion exercises, did I mention I am right handed? Motrin every 8 hours.

I just can't believe this!!

Sunday morning

Thank you all so much for the encouragement and support. It means so much to me. I am feeling better this morning. I have been super careful, did exactly as he told me and taking the 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. It has helped and now I think I am right back to where I should be. I haven't taken a pill this morning. I want to know if the pain is gone or if the pills are just keeping it at bay. I go back to him in the morning and felt like I should be able to tell him if I still hurt or not. How will I know if I'm hopped up on pain pills right? I'm still being very careful, just relaxing, not using my right hand (do you know how long it takes to type with one hand?) My kids are great, taking care of me, though I am getting a lot of teasing. I'm hoping maybe I just did too much to soon, thinking I was doing so well and jumped back into my normal routine to quickly. My normal routine is working 70-75 hours a week between my 2 jobs. I will update as soon as I get out of the PS office tomorrow morning. Thank you again all of you beautiful ladies. You are the best and I love you all.

I'm OK YAY!!! In fact....I'm great!!!!!!!

I want to start off by telling you all thank you for your thoughts and prayers and messages. The support on this site never ceases to amaze me.

I felt fine when I got up Sunday morning and went all day without taking anything, still no pain when I went to bed last night. I didn't sleep very well, but it was from feeling so anxious, not pain. I was really afraid the pain was going to come back, that something was wrong. As much as I tried to calm myself down and stop over reacting, I couldn't. The pain I was in Friday had gotten so bad, worse than anything I felt after surgery. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was an 8.

When I got to the doctors office and my nurse called me back, my PS was standing in the hallway, by the door, waiting for me. I just love this man! I didn't even get to the room and he was asking how was my pain level. I told him I felt wonderful and he got a big grin on his face. He followed me into the room and we talked. We were both so relieved. He then left so I could undress. Then he examined me. No pain, no tenderness. He said "I've known you for almost 15 years, I know how you are, you simply over did it. You thought you were doing so well, you jumped back in too fast." He wants me to slow down some, but he did release me to sleep anyway I want, including without a bra!!! I can wear any bra I want, I can swim, jog, workout. My only restriction is no push ups or chin ups (no worries there) and to pay more attention to my body. He said he was certain it was telling me to slow down and I ignored it :( So ladies PAY ATTENTION. He wants to see me in 2 weeks just to follow up. I think I need a visit to VS to celebrate!

My new VS bras.

My daughter and had a great time. I can't count how many bras we tried on. We timed it just right. We got there in between crowds. It was quiet and we didn't have to wait for one of the larger dressing rooms. I was a little disappointed. I really wanted a black lace and couldn't find one. They are all 36 C.

Here are the pics Sassy.

My daughter.

My daughter is 23 years old. She is beautiful and intelligent, I am so proud of her. She has been such a blessing to me throughout this whole process. She took care of me, my house, my cleaning company and her brother. I don't know what I would have done without her. All of you have been supportive and encouraging so I want you to meet my sweet girl! This pic was taken about 2 years ago, in my backyard, my girl and me.

6 weeks post op

I can hardly believe it's been 6 weeks. I went today for my 6 week post op, though it is actually a few days past. He is very pleased with my results. I have more side definition than he expected. He thought they were very soft and they may "teardrop" a bit more. He also said they would come together more and I would get more cleavage and definition on the inside. He released for another 6 weeks. My next appointment they will take pictures and then I am done unless I have any concerns or issues.

I must say the last couple of weeks have been a greater challenge for me than the first few were. I seemed to do so well the first 2-3 weeks, it really surprised me how sore I have been. I did not think this far out I would still have pain but I do. Not so much the sharp shooting pains from the nerves. I get sore on the outside of one or the other. I work 2 jobs, so when I have a long day of 12-14 hours, I am very sore the next day. But I have learned how to manage it.

I have been so pleased with my results, I'm somewhat surprised to say this but.............I wish I had gone bigger. Not a lot. But I have 425 and now if I had it to do over, I would gone 475 or 500. I have been a full C, small D for the last few weeks. But now I am a C. I have gotten smaller as all the swelling has gone away and they have dropped and fluffed.

For any new ladies trying to decide on size, do not let the higher numbers scare you. If you want a D cup and your PS says it will take 500 to get you there, trust him. Don't let the high number of cc's keep you from getting what you want. On the other hand, don't be discouraged if he says 275. It's all in how much breast tissue you have pre-surgery.

I have not gotten accustomed to have larger breast yet. I am still very aware of them. My skin is still sensitive when I go bra-less, that's when I am really aware of them. Even though I can sleep anyway I want and I have always been a side sleeper, it's strange to feel that boob under me. So far, all of my clothes still fit, other than old bras of course. They just fit better.

Other than the very select few I told, no one has noticed. If they did, they never said anything. I'm glad, that was the way I wanted it. I wanted people to wonder "Did she or didn't she?"

Here are the updated photos.

Keloid scars

I have read several reviews from ladies who are prone to Keloid scarring. For those who do not know about it, keloids are the result of an over growth of granulation tissue at the site of injury. They can be raised and bumpy, firm and rubbery. They range in color from pink to red to dark brown.

I have a history of skin cancer. I am 51 today as a matter of fact and I have been having them removed since I was 27. I have had over 30, 2 with my BA and at least 75% of those have turned to keloids.

This was a big concern for me when I first started to contemplate having a BA. I have used the same PS for the last 15 years. He knows about my scarring. We had several conversations spanning a year or more on this one topic. I was really nervous.

I think they look great. I use vitamin d oil on them twice a day, every day. Several times a day if I'm home. I rub it on the incision site with enough pressure to help flatten the scar. Anyone who keloids knows if you can flatten them it's half the battle! I rub as firmly as I can handle it. As my PS had told me, if it hurts, you're doing it right.

This is not a common phenomenon for Caucasian women but it does happen. It's scary I know. You want big, new, beautiful boobs but not big, new, ugly scars! There are no guarantees it won't happen. Talk to your PS. Make sure they understand you have this issue.

These pics are not to show my breast though I'm very proud of my new girls! But to show you how my incisions look today. I am 52 days post op today.

Vitamin E

Thank you cebrie for letting me know. It's vitamin E oil not vitamin D. I don't know why I continue to make this same mistake over and over. I'm sorry for confusing anyone.

2 months post

It will be 2 months tomorrow but I have a 15 hour day so I thought tonight would be OK. It's hard to believe I am 2 months post op. I'm not quite used to having boobs yet. Though I'm not as aware of them as I was in the beginning, it's still strange to actually have breast. I was walking very quickly across a parking lot the other day and it suddenly it hit me.... My boobs are bouncing!!

For those of you about to have this done, there is nothing to be afraid of. You might have read all the stories about nausea, constipation, sharp shooting pains, morning boobs, numbness, drains, can't sleep, hate this strap, hate this surgical bra, I just want to feel normal again........ It goes on and on. While this site is in fact the best place to be, you will read about every symptom and every pain associated with having a BA. Understand you may experience some or none of what you read.

My advice is go for it and go big. When I began this journey many months ago I thought I wanted 325 cc's. I did not know about over or under, choice on incision site or which profile. After being here for just a few days I learned all these things and much more. My PS had told me all along he wanted me to go at least 425. So at my last consult, I decided 425 was it for me. Even then PS told me I could go much larger if I wanted with no problem. I stuck with 425. I was too afraid of bigger numbers meaning Pamela Anderson tits!

The first few weeks, I was very pleased. I felt I had done exactly what I wanted. I was measuring a full C, small D. They were perfect. PS warned me. But I foolishly thought by week 4 they would not change any more. I was wrong.

At week 5, I was simply a C cup and now at 2 months I no longer fill a C cup bra. After all of the money, time, pain and effort, I'm smaller than I wanted to be. I would say a very full B maybe small C.

Now listen, I love my new boobs. I was so flat, anything, even a B cup, would have been an improvement. But I should have listened to my PS. He said the only complaint he ever gets is "I wish I had gone bigger" and now I understand. He did an amazing job. I was never up high or square. My scars are fading quickly and my boobs are now as soft as regular best tissue. The shape is nice and natural.

I don't want to be a whole lot bigger. But I should have gone with 475 or 500. I may have been rather large the first few weeks. But in the end, I would have been right where I wanted to be.

There are a couple of reasons I'm telling you this. First, if you have had your BA and think you are too big. Just wait. They do change and settle. When the doctor tells you 3 to 6 months, it's true. Second, if you haven't had yours yet, go bigger than you think you might be comfortable with. Do not let the numbers scare you.

If mine continue as they have, getting smaller as they settle, I can see myself doing it over next year. That's how upset I am and if I can help one lady get what she really wants, then it was worth me laying it all out on the line and being totally honest.

So here are my 2 month pics. They are beautiful even if they are not quite what I wanted.
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Pettigrew. This not the first work he has done for me. He has a wonderful manner. Always willing to talk and answer questions. He really listens. His work is beautiful. The staff are so sweet and treat you as if you are the only patient they have. Everyone was as excited as I was.

I agree with the "go big" we all live and learn from our choices! I was gonna do 375....did 400...could have so done 425, but didn't! Don't get me wrong, I am 100% satisfied with my results!!!!!
I think we ALL have had the boob greed thing!!!!
Yep! Think I would have done it different for sure!
hey lady, 2 months to achieve softness? Mine are so firm :/ Yours look really nice tho!
They look amazing Red! I totally have boob greed too! It's crazy how our boobs look so much bigger to everyone else! Your boobs look way bigger than a b but look very natural! Mine look like balls still lol! My husband and daughter in the same day told me my boobs looked HUGE in this t Shirt I was wearing lol! They both said it rather rude but I just said "whatever"! :) I just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how you were doing! Believe me when I say. ... you look HOTT! ! :)
Thanks mama, I really appreciate it. They do look so much bigger in pics. But you can see the true size in the pic of me laying down. They almost disappear!
My leftie is a full C, while my righty is a full B; my waist band size is 34. My BA is scheduled for July 25, a week from today, and I want to be a full D. I'm 5'1, and my weight fluctuates between 112-118, 112 now; I will probably gain weight due to the lack of exercise after surgery. I want to be a full D, no more, no less. I don't know how many ccs are good for me. Has anyone gone from a full C to a full D? How many ccs did you get? Full B to full D? anyone? PLEASE HELP! D:
Hi ctodonly, we have very similar stats (I'm 5 feet, 112 lbs). I went from a B to a D, maybe DD with 400cc's.. still not 100% sure what size I'll end up seeing as I'm only 2 months post op. But feel free to take a look at my pics if you think it may be helpful :)
What did your doc recommend?
OMG, thanks! I am so nervous about the size D:
She wanted to do a 350 and a 375, but my boobs looked too big heavy when I stuffed the implants in my bra.
Yes I was a full C 15 years ago before my first surgery my PS put 500cc in and was probably a DD at first but after healing a full D. Now I want new and bigger ;) hope that helped good luck!
Red you look very beautiful and natural.
Thanks meee, how are you? Haven't seen you around for awhile.
You look fabulous! I totally get the boob greed!!! I don't think I can go bigger cuz my left boob was so small to begin with, but I definitely get it! Lucky for you your BA came out perfect - very pretty and symmetrical. They also look way bigger than b cup but it is hard to tell in pictures. If mine go down to a c cup I will be disappointed because I have enjoyed these large boobies so much. Yay large boobies!!
Thanks pinch, it means a lot from you cause I know how honest you are. You and I are a lot alike, we call it like we see it. Anything was an improvement so I'm happy. It's really only when I see the gorgeous boobs on here that I get a little envious.
Um Kay yours ARE the gorgeous boobies on here!!! Seriously! I will say I am surprised such a large implant gave you B cup and not C/ you must be a tall one like me. Oh and yay on the scars healing well!
Oh red here some red gold n silver glitter blowing towards u for some glitter wishes xx I don't really know what to say hon xx I know ur girl r perfect and look so natural xx maybe just wear smaller low ur tops to make them look bigger to u x I'm worried mine won't be big enough at 520 as they haven't come out yet but I've got a long way to go yet xx I wanted min of 600 cc but didn't have enough skin so I'm going to be smaller before I started xxx but I'm thinking in two three years when mine have maybe stretched a bit imma going back lol xx the pic of the naked chick in my wish pic is my original love 800cc xx so at 520 cc I already feel small lol xx red honey u look amazing and I'm not just saying this xx I wore smaller low it tops with my little girls to make them look bigger it works xx please try to just work with ur girls so u don't get depressed and yeh maybe go back and get a top up xx I love how u r strait up xx honest and say it how it is xx I'm the same xx u help so many girls xx I'm here for u xxx have a magic moment xx I am tonight x eg x bubble bath xx candles ill burner glass of something alchole and either soft music or no noise xx tell urself ur new girls look great untill u believe it and convince urself u will get what I want xx mwah big hugs xxx
Thank you Tinka. You are so uplifting. I appreciate the encouragement.
I'm just being honest and at the same time try to bring u peace x glad I could help x I'm always around red x every now n then I'm off as having a 2/4 /9/18 and 16 year old I never get time for me x mwah how u feeling today x glitter to u in silver to perk u up inside xxxx
Two of my favorite ladies. ...LOVE YOU BOTH!!
Mwah love u too glitter wifey xxx mwah
A
I just read your review and i am sorry you weren't too happy about your new girls. I think you look Fabulous. It's only been 2 months,maybe after 6 months you will be pleased. Best Wishes
Thank you Bella, actually I am happy, I just wish I had gone a little bigger. But they are wonderful, especially compared to my before.